[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what are the five main nominees for GOTY going to be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 10

File: 1499887280011.png (16KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
1499887280011.png
16KB, 250x300px
So what are the five main nominees for GOTY going to be?
>>
BotW
NieR Automata
Persona 5
Hollow Knight
Yakuza 0
>>
>>388872441
>BotW
yes
>NieR
it's a good game but you're delusional if you think it will be nominated
>Persona 5
same as NieR
>Hollow Knight
yes
>Yakuza 0
easily the best game this year but theres no way in hell it will be nominated
try again
>>
BOTW
Mario
Splatoon
Arms
Samus Returns
>>
>>388872331
Does it matter? Everyone is shilling botw so hard that it'll win no matter what
>>
>>388872331
PUBG (winner due popularity)
BOTW
SMO
Uncharted LL
Mass Effect Andromeda because $$$
>>
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Super Mario Odyssey (I doubt it, since Mario games don't ever win GOTY)
Uhh... Hollow Knight for indie GOTY
>>
>>388872549
>nominated
Nominated where? You don't actually view Geoff's show as an authority, do you? In the general conversation among enthusiasts on forums like these I'd say those are the most realistic contenders.
>>
BotW
Odyssey
Hollow Knight
Wolfenstein 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
screencap this
>>
>>388872639
>Everyone is shilling botw so hard that it'll win no matter what
If the last presidential election taught me anything is that no matter how much you shill for someone, you're not immune to losing
>>
File: April_Fools.jpg (113KB, 1152x864px) Image search: [Google]
April_Fools.jpg
113KB, 1152x864px
post yfw botw doesn't get GOTY
>>
Main GOTY: BOTW
Indie GOTY: Pyre

This is the objectively correct answer
>>
>>388872331
BotW and Hollow Knight are the only two 10/10 games this year.
>>
>>388872949
If BOTW doesnt, Mario Odyssey certainly will.

Or Horizon Zero dawn for womyn points.
>>
>>388872331
BOTW
Mario Odyssey
Mario Rabbids
Sonic Mania
uncharted : Diversity quota
>>
File: john-kennedy-picture.jpg (36KB, 400x372px) Image search: [Google]
john-kennedy-picture.jpg
36KB, 400x372px
>>388873059
>Mario Odyssey
post yfw Mario 3D World 2: Battle gets GOTY
>>
>guaranteed
BotW, Horizon

>maybe
Mario Odyssey, PUBG, Nier, Persona, Uncharted

>probably not but who knows
Mario Rabbids, Hollow Knight, Sonic Mania
>>
>>388872970
>Indie GOTY: Hollow Knight
FTFY
Pyre is not bad though also its much less "indie" than HK
>>
>>388874447
>No publisher
>"much less indie"
About the sort of intelligence I expect from somebody parroting /v/ FOTM opinions
>>
>>388872331
Zelda
Mario
Mario rabbits
Mario go karts remastered
Skyrim: Mario edition

Remember Nintendo gets a free pass.
>>
>>388872441
I'd replace either HK or Yakuza with Odyssey. Otherwise your list isn't that off.
>>
Prey
>>
File: IMG_1481.jpg (99KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1481.jpg
99KB, 640x640px
Indie GOTY will be Divinity Original Sin 2

you fucking faggots
>>
BotW
Mass Effect Andromeda
Horizon
PUBG
Uncharted

you gotta realize they only do shit that normies will recognize.

So while Nier Automata stomps every other game that came out this year, it will only even get recognized in niche GOTY lists.
>>
File: 1459708258706.jpg (97KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1459708258706.jpg
97KB, 550x512px
>>388873330
>mfw
>>
BotW and Horizon: Zero Dawn. Horizon doesn't deserve it but it will get a lot of respect anyway. Overall Zelda will win most awards.
>>
File: best of 2017.jpg (1MB, 2326x2110px) Image search: [Google]
best of 2017.jpg
1MB, 2326x2110px
This would sum it up accurately.
>>
>>388876065
Normies fucking hated Andromeda dude, it wasn't just us.
>>
>>388876241
How can you possibly shit on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe? Since it has the DLC included and extra new content it is by far the largest Mario Kart, with the highest production quality and amazing value for the price.
>>
It's going to be a race between
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey.

Anything else is done to be contrarian or paid off. Seriously, it'll be hilarious if Horizon or Mass Effect wins GotY from anyone since it will expose they've been paid off.
>>
>>388876390
It's a 20 dollar game, at most, being charged full price. And they justify it with the DLC, which should've been free in the first place. I can't tolerate DLC being used to justify a higher price increase especially when the base game was overpriced to begin with. For 60 dollars I expect something with a strong, lengthy singleplayer experienc,e not something I'll drop in an hour because I don't care about multiplayer.
>>
>>388875424
That had better have a penis attached.
>>
>>388876241
>Can't recommend
>XBC2 hasn't been released
Butthurt PC fag detected.
>>
>>388876241
Why did you remove the corner list thing ACfag?
>>
>>388874618
Nope, HK is objectively better by quite a large margin.
>>
>>388876564
>mario kart is a 20 dollar game
Not him, just want you to know that your opinion is objectively and irredeemably wrong. Not only is the multiplayer experience worth full price, the single player has a hefty length if you want to play all base cups. And that's assuming you go straight to 150CC, if you do the other CC's first the game length is extended accordingly.
>>
>>388876564
>It's a 20 dollar game, at most
Have you played it? Just to unlock all the carts is around 30 hours or so. Then you've gotta win every track on the highest difficulty to unlock 200 cc mode. Then you've gotta beat all the time trials. Even if you never play online or battle mode this is a 40 hour game.
>>
it will probably be Horizon because Hillary Clinton will pay off the media.

Either that or BOTW, even though its overrated piece of shit.
>>
>>388876564
So you're an entitled faggot. Who doesn't believe that content created after the game is released should cost money. Got it.
>>
>>388877103
>>388877052
I'm sorry, that just comes off as excess grinding. It's like idling for new weapon skins in Counterstrike, it doesn't change up the fact that the game is boring and repetitive. Also, it's an esport, so I can't recommend it. I hate multiplayer games with a passion for turning the industry into DUDE LMAO E-CELEBS STREAMING ON TWITCH. We've gone to a dark place ever since.
>>
BOTW
RE7
Splatoon2
Odyssey
Forza Horizon Hot Wheels
>>
>>388877176
>you're entitled
Yes, I am. And I would appreciate you not using that term in a negative light, Mr. Shill.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>388877817
>I hate multiplayer because reasons
>>
>>388877817
>the multiplayer isnt worth it so its not worth 20 dollars
>but the singleplayer is worth it senpai
>b-b-but I dislike the core gameplay its excess grinding

well if you think the gameplay is boring why even pay 20 dollars for it

god damn it dont move the goalposts
>>
>>388876241
This is bait.
>>
>>388877908
In this case, it means you're selfish and demand something for nothing. I bet you steal games via piracy and just nitpick them of the most asinine things to justify the theft.
>>
>>388876241

>liking indie trash like hollow knight

mate....
>>
>>388878216
>not recognizing Zangeki-kun
how new are you
>>
>>388878150
>but the singleplayer is worth it senpai if you grind on the same couple of maps several times in a row

A game shouldn't need grinding to be good.
>>
>>388878404
MK8 doesn't have any grinding in it "grind" only exists in Korean MMOs like monhun
>>
>>388878236
>In this case, it means you're selfish and demand something for nothing
When I'm paying money for your game, I'll be as demanding as I want. I'm not here to roll over for corporate interests. When I say release the DLC for free, you as a company do it, and then thank me for the opportunity of making me a happy customer.
>>
>>388874968
This nigga gets it but only like 50 of us played it so the game will never get recognized, at least not until 10+ years from now.
>>
>>388878501
Yet you have to constantly play the game over and over repetitiously just to unlock stuff. Even 200cc is boring because it's not even that challenging. Since not all of us grew up on candy crush and angry birds, that isn't very challenging. Shoot, Id' wager that even sonic all stars is a better racing game, if only because it's free of console DRM, but of course that has DLC too as is expected of those greedy corporates at Sega, but at least it knows not to charge more than 20 dollars.
>>
>>388878404
First of all, I was the anon who said you needed to complete 150CC, not talking about any of the additional content. Completing 150CC requires 0 reused maps.

Second of all, I'm not sure grinding is even remotely the correct word to use.

Thirdly, even if MK was a grindheavy game (lol it isnt wtf are you smoking), why is grinding bad? Insofar as the game consists of learning to travel the map efficiently and tactically use items, the same map can be fun for hours.
>>
>>388878730
are you implying each race plays out the same? That there's no variation between drivers and car parts? what?
>>
>>388878730
Why the fuck are you talking about mobile games now and what the fuck does 'console DRM' mean
>>
>>388878924
>>388878837
I'm saying that driving the same maps against the same racers is boring. It's not worth 60 dollars. At least have everything unlocked by default, since I'm not "earning" anything since it's not even that hard to finish a map. Mario Kart in general is just a really easy game to play, and is terrible in quality unless you're playing against someone online. In short, racing games don't deserve 60 dollars. They're not the kind of game to warrant that price. No multiplayer game deserves that price point. I shouldn't need multiplayer just so I don't fall asleep.

>>388879045
Console DRM refers to Nintendo forcing you to use their hardware and their hardware only. If I want to use a keyboard and mouse, for instance? I'm out of luck. If I want to use an Xbox 360 gamepad, Nintendo tells me to screw myself. If I want to use anything other than the joycons? That's 90 bucks I have to shell out for their official controller. How do I, the customer, benefit from them restricting my actions?
>>
>>388876241
/v/ a month ago
>guys prey is goty everyone buy prey it's a new system shock
/v/ now
>lol what's prey?
>>
>>388879275
>I'm saying that driving the same maps against the same racers is boring.

Then play the multiplayer holy shit.
>>
>>388879275
>If I want to use a keyboard and mouse, for instance?

Why? What possible game on the switch would be played better on keyboard and mouse?
>>
>>388879275
WHY DOESNT MY VIDEO TAPE FIT INTO MY BLU RAY PLAYER I AM BEING OPPRESSED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>388879275
>How do I, the customer, benefit from them restricting my actions?

You benefit by supporting nintendo's research and development team, the only company innovating in a stagnant industry, retard.

>If I want to use anything other than the joycons?

You use a Pro controller then.

>If I want to use a keyboard and mouse

You want to use a keyboard and mouse for a racing game? Why?

>If I want to use an Xbox 360 gamepad

You want to use a shitty 12 year old controller? Why?
>>
File: SNES30-Pro-8Bitdo.jpg (452KB, 690x520px) Image search: [Google]
SNES30-Pro-8Bitdo.jpg
452KB, 690x520px
>>388879275
oh also this lol
>>
>>388879370
i shouldn't have to. The game should have more variety.

>>388879487
>Why? What possible game on the switch would be played better on keyboard and mouse?
Every single one of them, including the shooters like Splatoon and the open world games like Zelda. It doesn't matter if you think kbm isn't good, I do, and my rights as a customer come first. Restricting my rights is a guarantee that your company is bad.

>>388879583
>You benefit by supporting nintendo's research and development team,
Then they can start by implementing KBM compatibility, stopping all paywalls and microtransactions and DLC, and start respecting the customer with better games. You release a game, and that's it. You never charge another penny for it again. If you make content, it comes out for free. No exceptions.

>You use a Pro controller then.
I don't like the pro controller. I want to use a non-Nintendo product.

>You want to use a keyboard and mouse for a racing game? Why?
Because I find it comfortable.

>You want to use a shitty 12 year old controller? Why?
because I can. Certainly alot better than the dualshock, that's for sure.
>>
>>388879632
>8framesLagDoe

top kek
>>
>>388879746
>The game should have more variety.
It does.... through the multiplayer. You have essentially limitless challenge because everybody's different and shit, while SP remains useful as a way to practice.

And if you're arguing on the actual amount of content itself, I'd personally disagree especially with a battle mode now.
>>
>Persona 5
It deserves the win but one of the bottom two will get it because Switch hype.

>BOTW
Will probably win, Odysseyfags will call bullshit.

>Odyssey
Will probably win, BOTWfags will call bullshit.

>PUBG
Obligatory multiplayer "it's popular" mention.

>Sonic Mania
For the novelty of seeing a Sonic game in the Top 5. It won't actually win but journos will make cheeky remarks pretending that some random fanboy added it to the list and riff off of it.
>>
>>388879746
I'm sorry, but I think that when God gave us the rights to life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness, he didn't give us the right to demand exact specifications on mass anufactured gaming consoles . Maybe he got cheated by the devil, I don't know. But that's not a right you have.
>>
>>388879918
wow that's cool source?
>>
>>388880168
source is plugging the "muh retro gaymur nostalgia design remember the super nintendo guys" shit in and using my eyes to determine the fact that it's a piece of shit for low iq brainlets with cerebral palsy

theres your source dumb retard
>>
File: rickytpb.jpg (79KB, 494x756px) Image search: [Google]
rickytpb.jpg
79KB, 494x756px
>mainstream
Horizon Zero Dawn
Super Mario Odyssey
BOTW
Persona 5
PUBG
>on /v/
Persona 5
Super Mario Odyssey
BOTW
Yakuza 0
Sonica Mania
>>
>>388880115
look up the definition of the word "bottom"
>>
>>388880380
so, personal anecdote, got it.

Next!
>>
>>388880510

I meant "bottom" as in "the two directly below the current line". You can infer that, can't you?
>>
>>388880129
>But that's not a right you have.
That's like saying we don't have a right to mod our games, but you don't see me bending over to take denuvo DRM on every title.

>>388879949
>It does.... through the multiplayer.
Which relies on the fanbase being fun to play against, but I've had too many experiences in Mario Kart and SMash Brothers and Splatoon where I've faced nothing but children and either won with no effort whatsoever, or faced some BR with a terrible connection who was jumpy and laggy. If I wanted that, I'll go play Counterstrike.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.