[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember java mobile games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 7

File: 7.png (18KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
7.png
18KB, 240x320px
i just busted out my old Sony Ericsson, and played trough this one Castlevania clone called Soul of Darkness, and it was actually good. So ITT: Post your old phones and the games you used to play.
>>
File: 4.jpg (25KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
25KB, 240x320px
Holy shit an actual Devil May Cry game.
>>
Space Impact 2 and Snake 2 are pretty much all I played most of the time, after that I kind of stopped caring about Java games.
I think I played Soul of Darkness, or maybe some other CV clone. I also remember the original Sonic Jump game, and a neat Action JRPG but unfortunately I can't remember the name of it.
>>
File: Gish_2.gif (58KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
Gish_2.gif
58KB, 240x320px
>>388871292
Nokia user here, used to play a game called Gish, it even had a bluetooth multiplayer feature i used to play with my friend a lot, it was just some weird head to head thing, but we spent a lot of time with it. Hell boat best level
>>
>>388871659
It was my only handeld at the time, so i kinda obsessed over it. The best thing that java games were piss easy to pirate. There were packs with 1000 games floating around on the internet.
>>
>>388871292
I remember playing some weird counter strike clone. I also had some really primitive game boy emulator, that displayed the game in a tiny window, on this already tiny screen. Yeah not the best memories.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>388872584
something like this, but 1/3 of the size
>>
File: doom5.jpg (34KB, 300x347px) Image search: [Google]
doom5.jpg
34KB, 300x347px
all the id games were amazing. i still don't understand why no one ported them over to android.
>>
I remember there was a 2D Sims version for the Windows Mobile 7 PDA I had in school.
It was very simplified and was goal-oriented.
>>
File: screen480x480.jpg (39KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
screen480x480.jpg
39KB, 480x320px
>>388872834
they ported Doom 2 rpg, and wolfenstein rpg to older IOS devices, not sure about Doom 1.
>>
>>388872973
well i don't think those really count as java, since windows phones already count as smartphones. But i do remember ton's of sim ports or clones.
>>
File: 3.png (13KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
13KB, 240x320px
Why were most of the big AAA game "port's" linear platformers? And why did Splinter Cell need to be one of them?
>>
they put aria of sorrow on mobile
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.