[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>rereleasing games for old platforms why is this becoming a thing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 30_cartridge02.jpg (358KB, 2048x1024px) Image search: [Google]
30_cartridge02.jpg
358KB, 2048x1024px
>rereleasing games for old platforms

why is this becoming a thing?
>>
nostalgia
it gets people to spend money on superfluous things they really don't need
>>
>>388870283
>superfluous things they really don't need
Like video games?
>>
Remember when we could make great games and had a strong lineup of artists?
t. Capcom
>>
File: DSC_3779.jpg (340KB, 1551x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_3779.jpg
340KB, 1551x1080px
post your new pickups for old systems
I got this last month
>>
>>388870050
Novelty.
>>
>>388870050
It's always been a thing. The fucking Dreamcast is still getting new games.
>>
>>388870050

companies are learning that the collectors market for 'geek' hobby enthusiasts is only going to get bigger.
>>
>>388870050
>$100 for Street Fighter 2
Fuck off Crapcom.
>>
>>388871643
Homebrew, not actual releases.
>>
Capcom is pants on head retarded.

What the fuck happened?
>>
>$100
Cartridge probably cost less than $5 now. Plus some printed paper, literally make a killing on nostalgia.
>>
>>388872920
It's probably going to sell out within minutes.
>>
>>388870050
>Original SF2
>Not the Super or Super Turbo version

Come on man.

>Red cart
This ain't Doom or Maximum Carnage.
>>
>>388872920
>Cartridge probably cost less than $5 now
$20-$30 a cart depending on ROM size, assuming you want actual decent quality and not Aliexpress junk
Still a lot less than $100 though
>>
>>388874451
>$20-$30
This was the cost of the cartridges when these were a new thing so it is way lower now.
>>
>>388873889
>company ports/rereleases the original game instead of the updated final version
This happens far more than it should, by which I mean it happens at all.
>>
>>388874667
It really isn't
There's no big factories making them anymore so it's small-scale
You can get a little cheaper if you use shit like non-voltage-translated 3.3v flash but you don't want to do that. Even Aliexpress repros with who knows what crappy electronics inside are $18 and they probably make 50 cents profit on that.
>>
>>388870050
You're actually not meant to play it for a long time in the system. It could make it overheat and catch fire, it's just for novelty really.
>>
>>388875258
That disclaimer isn't about the cartridge itself; it's about SNES hardware being old.
>>
>>388875435
Oh yeah I know, I didn't make that clear though. Either way you shouldn't put it in there.
>>
>>388875034
Stop bullshitting. I literally have chink experience.
>There's no big factories making them anymore so it's small-scale
You know nothing. You can literally hire factories to make these for you and the parts are readily available in China.
>You can get a little cheaper if you use shit like non-voltage-translated 3.3v flash but you don't want to do that.
Literally means nothing to pricing except a few cents more.
> Even Aliexpress repros with who knows what crappy electronics inside are $18 and they probably make 50 cents profit on that.
Aliexpress prices are way overpriced. The prices listed there are 50% or more higher than you're willing to buy that stuff in China. Even lower if you're buying straight out of their factory. You fucking really don't know what you're talking about.

And you don't know that there are high quality chink repros out there. Some even so close to the original, you need an expert to know which one is fake.
>>
I for one welcome our novelty reprint overlords
>>
I always figured the logistics of this sort of reprint wouldn't work (outside of multi-game collection-carts like Retrobit's Jaleco stuff) because I though people wouldn't pay more than $15 tops (after all the complaints about the NES classic series on GBA being a rip-off at $20 each), but if people are willing to spend $100 on them I guess it's possible after all
>>
File: 31xqTNL.png (104KB, 650x408px) Image search: [Google]
31xqTNL.png
104KB, 650x408px
>>388870050
>>
>>388876981
so, it's just an empty card that short circuit the system? lame
>>
>>388876981
is this just a copypaste for every repro to avoid liability or is this thing not functional
>>
File: 1420516673399.jpg (28KB, 408x288px) Image search: [Google]
1420516673399.jpg
28KB, 408x288px
>>388871473
Fucking THIS.
>>
>>388876981
Sounds like they're saying playing old game systems at all is fundamentally a fire hazard
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.