[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is everyone playing PUBG in my friends list?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: ucwm4wj890jz.jpg (589KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
ucwm4wj890jz.jpg
589KB, 3264x2448px
Why the fuck is everyone playing PUBG in my friends list?
>>
The current twitch streamer bait game.

Don't get it. It's simple, boring, and horribly, HORRIBLY optimized.
>>
File: kuyashii.jpg (55KB, 540x302px) Image search: [Google]
kuyashii.jpg
55KB, 540x302px
>>388864409
>DUDE HUNGER GAMES LMAO!
remember when dayz was an arma mod and then they amde a stand alone version? hunger games/battle royale is a cancer that infected sandbox multiplayer games and they made a stand alone of it too, in resume, because normies
>>
>>388864409
Become a streamer and accuse them of stream sniping, they won't ever play again
>>
>>388864893
>>388865514
Post your wins bitches
>>
Because it's one of the most incredible and fresh multiplayer games to come out in years. It offers a very different experience to everything else, and for most people the game is fun enough to overpower the glaring problems like optimization and bugs.
>>
>>388866245
it offers nothing new though. It's only popular because it cut the fat and had LESS optimization issues than the competition (h1z1, dayz)
The idea of a massive battle royale type game has literally been done for at least 7 or 8 years now in arma mods, and h1z1 had it's own battle royale mode for 2 years before pubg came out. the guy who madep ubg didn't like the direction h1z1 was heading so he made his own game and shilled it on literally every h1z1 forum, and it blew up. It's a fine game, but don't lie and say it's fresh or innovative or anything, it's a knockoff of a knockoff of a knockoff of an idea from a movie.
>>
>>388866589
Dayz is a completely different experience from pubg there's no reason to compare it.

>arma mods
PUBG does it better and is a standalone game without the hassle of mods.

H1Z1 is shit, and pubg is not.

>it's a knockoff of a knockoff of a knockoff of an idea from a movie.
The arma battle royale mod, h1z1 king of the hill, and pubg were all made by the same person (playerunknown).
>>
>>388866245
>Because it's one of the most incredible and fresh multiplayer games to come out in years.

You talk like H1Z1 never existed before. This post showcases really well how delusional PUBG's fanbase are when they think their game is actually good
>>
>>388866849
it's still a competitor, whether you like to believe it or not.
>pubg does it better
it does, like I said in my post, you didn't even read it, fuck off.
>>
>>388866589
Isn't playersunknown the guy that made the arma mod? It's kinda of stupid to say the mods exists for years when the guy made the mods.
>>
>>388864409
playing it while coked up is fucking great desu.
>>
>>388867168
The question was

>Why the fuck is everyone playing PUBG
And I answered it. To most people, pubg is a fresh experience. Obviously space opera existed before star wars but for most people, star wars made it big, because it had the right combination of elements to put it on another level than what came before it for most people.
>>
>>388867239
Made it, sure, but the guys who made dayz sold it off, just like playerunknown did. someone "making" something doesn't mean they're still involved. do you think aeon64 owns dota or something?
>>
>>388866245

you're just wrong
>>
File: 1503451126664.jpg (34KB, 217x222px) Image search: [Google]
1503451126664.jpg
34KB, 217x222px
>you lived to see /v/ defend this game
>>
PUBG is like ARMA if you removed the boring and useless army autism filler. Great game.
>>
>>388867375
>to most people
you said it was a fresh experience, and it's not. It's not fresh. If it's fresh to most people say that, don't say it's fresh when it's not, cocksnuggler.
>>
because it's the normie/stream popular bait game this year

it will fade to irrelevance once another shitty sandbox game comes around
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGjhbel3aHo

It's fun
>>
>>388867640
PUBG isn't a sandbox game. /v/ hivemind contrarians don't even fucking try
>>
>>388867381
No, but if he made a new DotA with another name and it was good with good changes to the formula i wouldn't act like it's bad because it was made before since he was the one that made it before.
>>
>>388867797
when did I say it was bad? I said it was good in my first post, I just don't think it's fair to call it "fresh" and ignore that the genre has existed for years just because it's now popular. It's literally what happened with league of legends. People actively ignore that dota existed before league and think dota 2 is a copy of league. Does that not seem the slightest bit ridiculous to you? Even if you don't care?

Maybe a more topical example would be doom 2016, did you ever see how many people called it a call of duty clone?
>>
>>388867953
The thing is, not everyone knows about mods from a niche game, the genre started to get popular just a few years ago, it's been probably less than 5 years, i'm not sure, it's a fucking fetus of a genre, it's still fresh, the same can be said about mobas, AoS and DotA existed for years as a mod but only got attention in the mainstream and started truly evolving as a genre when the standalone versions started to show up.
>>
Just so everyone knows, OP's picture is one of today's top Reddit posts. Just so you know the kinds of crossposters that exist here.

Before you ask why I know this, it's because if video games taught me on thing, it's "know thine enemy". Plus it's not crossposting if you started using 4chan first.
>>
File: 1456659343585.png (242KB, 538x439px) Image search: [Google]
1456659343585.png
242KB, 538x439px
It's a good game that's really fun?
>>
>>388864409
Normie game. Nothing to see here.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.