[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worse or better than the first game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 385
Thread images: 35

File: 348975973148931754546954.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
348975973148931754546954.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
Is it worse or better than the first game?
>>
worse, the first game got more customisation and have more content
>>
>>388863701

idk the beta was literally 1 mission.

It was pretty but seemed like the same old song and dance.
>>
>>388863804
This. 2 only has like a couple levels wtf
>>
>>388863701
It's the exact same game, the only gameplay I've seen had a fucking copy pasted end boss from the first game in an area that looked almost exactly the same as the first game as well.
I mean, you can transfer your characters, it's just dlc disguised as a new game so they can make more dlc without seeming unaccessable to new players. Only an idiot would buy this instead of the first game with all dlc for 10 shekels.
>>
>>388863701
Played it, the multiplayer pvp was shit but the runs were pretty fun.
>>
>PC gets game
>its now okay to have threads about it on /v/
every time
>>
I feel like spells have way too much cooldown. Bosses have too much HP. They should just make them harder instead of bullet sponges. That's boring. Weapons should feel powerful to use.
>>
>>388863701
i literally could not tell any difference between destiny 1 or 2
>>
>>388863701
Undeniably worse.
>>
>>388863701
It would be pretty hard for it to be worse, but it won't be good that's for sure.
>>
>>388864654
bait thread, wait until ps4/xbox cucks have played the game and then we can see if they're better, beta has no content on it to judge.
>>
>>388864384
>bosses
The one boss in the beta dies in like 5 minutes, which is normal for a dungeon boss in any MMO/RPG. Nothing else in the beta is remotely bullet spongey.

Unfortunately they will likely not make encounters too hard, game feels like Heroic on Halo rather than Legendary. Every projectile weapon the enemies fire are so slow or easy to dodge.
>>
>>388863701
the first one is a cold dead pile of shit the second is a pile of hot wet steaming shit, it's fresh and smells bad but people will shovel it down their throats anyway
>>
It may be mostly the same shit but playing on PC was like a whole new experience, put 400 hours into Destiny before dropping it after TTK and wasn't planning on getting 2 but PC demo convinced me otherwise.
>>
>>388864207
>Threads consist of "why do people like this game?"
Every
Time
>>
>>388863701
off to a better start but worse than what 1 is right now.
But 1 is still not good, so it is really a moot point.
>>
>>388865728
>The one boss in the beta dies in like 5 minutes, which is normal for a dungeon boss in any MMO/RPG. Nothing else in the beta is remotely bullet spongey.
Yeah, but destiny is a shooter, and shooting for 5 minutes is retarded, but I guess you would not notice that, judging from your comment.
"not remotely bullet spongey", fucking hilarious.
>>
File: refund.png (2KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
refund.png
2KB, 248x248px
>walking around minding my own business
>suddenly fall over dead
>"you were killed by The Architects"
>>
Every time I tried playing the beta, got D/C'd after a few minutes every time.

Gunplay seems fun (having never played 1)
>>
>>388864207
there would be threads even if it wasn't on PC
it's because its a new game coming out soon
>>
File: 1492855800170.jpg (30KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1492855800170.jpg
30KB, 750x573px
Can you use a shotgun all the time in weapon slots 1 & 2? Or do you have to fucking scrounge around for special ammo all the time.

I probably won't be interested in pre-ordering unless you can use a shotgun 100% of the time.
>>
File: 1485145402709.png (151KB, 455x370px) Image search: [Google]
1485145402709.png
151KB, 455x370px
>>388863701
The class tree is really shallow. Abilities have disgustingly long cooldowns for how worthless they are.

A stick nade with a 2 minute cooldown and it doesn't even kill shields in PvP. For the effort I could've just shot them for same time and have done more.

Looking better than release Destiny but post Taken King not looking like it.
>>
File: wannafite.jpg (45KB, 571x590px) Image search: [Google]
wannafite.jpg
45KB, 571x590px
>Mandatory part of a boss phase has the floor fall out from under you
>Die from fall damage
>>
>>388863701
I never played Destiny outside of the demo on PS4 for like 5 minutes. I enjoyed what I've played of 2, but some qualms I have
>cooldowns seem consistent across every class/subclass even though some abilities are objectively better than others
Some of this seems fine like with the Titan's cover, but then you have the Hunter's basic fucking dodge on an obscene cooldown.
>heavy weapons
While I don't necessarily have a problem with the ammo drops, the shotgun feels absolutely useless outside of pvp and has no fucking ammo.

I'm also more curious with how people feel about the weapon classification thing. I don't like Kinetic/Energy/Heavy and it seems to only have been done for pvp's sake.

Either way I enjoyed my time with the beta, but the console release will tell me whether or not it's worth buying.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (180KB, 1425x1073px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
180KB, 1425x1073px
worse because you lose:
>custom games
>more multiplayer modes, only fucking 4v4
>slower cooldowns, less action
>still no 60fps mp when other games do it for console
>controller gets auto aim on pc
>no dedicated servers even though it's the #1 console game
>psn gets more content again
>no random rolls on weapons

did I miss anything?
>>
>>388863701
>Theres a version with 6x the fps Destiny had
Still shit. How could so many sonegroes pay to suffer through this.
>>
>>388868121
Unfortunately you now use a shotgun even less than you did in one, as shotguns, fusion rifles and sniper rifles are all power weapons now
>>
Why are literally all the enemies like in halo 1-3?

>Hunters
>jackals
>brutes
>even same fucking monkey race
>>
>>388868348
You're supposed to use your jump ability to slow your fall, retard.
>>
>>388863701
Worse.

The two Primaries system doesn't bring anything good to the table and severely limits the functionality of a few weapons (why take a shotgun when you can have a Rocket Launcher/Grenade Launcher instead), PvP balance is fucking horrible with Handcannons being completely overpowered (but this is OK, they have GOOD GAMEPLAY FEEL) while other weapons are either laughably underpowered (Sidearms, SMGs) or not on the same level so not worth using (most others), and a lot of the abilities changed just to try and say they have something new when they serve the same function as older classes in Destiny 1.

People call it Destiny 1.5 but it feels like a Destiny .5. It feels more like a beta than Destiny 1 did, even post-launch. That and the mouse issues that they added into the game proved to me I should stick with TF2. It's a slower, sluggish game that didn't change at all from Destiny 1, the people who thought it's TOO GOOD ON PC are just plebs who game on console all the time and just now see what 60 FPS gameplay is like. That says a lot, because this is SHITTY gameplay at 60 FPS.

The only thing it has going for it is the fact that PvE isn't entirely dogshit and that doesn't say a lot for a game that secretly wants to be popular for PvP.
>>
>>388863701
why the fuck didn't they just do it like borderlands loot system, its such a bitch to get anything even when I worked my ass off doing the best in that one repeating mission.
>>
>>388868931
>play a demo
>lol there are things missing
how can you breath
>>
>>388863701

Extremely well optimized for Nvidia hardware, and boring as fuck.

>get beta
>play the mission from the trailer
>the part where you're supposed to defend against the Elites as their rain down upon you in their nanomorphic ejection pods
>find that central pillar
>double jump on top
>get out Sunshot (level 20 pistol "handcannon" with 200 fire damage)
>pillar is open from ALL sides
>Pew pew pew
>pick off level 20 mobs
>eventually lose track of them
>creep over edge and look down
>they look up
>wave hello
>they wave hello back
>pop them in the face
>another two seconds pass
>AI gun finally charges up and shoots 2-3 shots at me
>splash onto my shields
>don't die
>pop the other AI in the face
>GO WITH HER TO MEET WITH THE SPEAKER WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME, I WILL DEFEND THIS ENTRANCE!

I am willing to bet a fresh baked apple pie from scratch, that this game is challenging on consoles ONLY because its 30fps and aiming with a controller is a bitch and half. On PC, with a mouse @ 165fps, it is MASSIVELY easy to just mow through the enemies FASTER than the game's scripting logic can begin coordinating into groups, engage in flanking maneuvers, etc.

The game is pretty, make no mistake. Some of the levels are gorgeous; but its wide as an ocean and deep as a puddle. Unless you are going to play this in and out with a group of 4 close friends, I would avoid it. Not worth the money.
>>
File: Don Roach, King of Turkey.png (482KB, 656x523px) Image search: [Google]
Don Roach, King of Turkey.png
482KB, 656x523px
>get beta on PC
>pump up Mouse sensitivity
>mfw it completely breaks the game as I easily kill entire groups of enemies before they can even react upon spawning

Wow.... so... this is..... the power of...... console FPS
>>
>>388871470
Beta. Not demo. Beta. No loot drops outside of guaranteed rewards. Its not a finished build. Your progression doesnt even carry over.
>>
>>388871668
>>388871494

mfw I'm not the only one who encountered this. Its going to completely break the game on launch. People with 1080Tis and high DPI mice, are going to be able to BTFO the game's content in record time.
>>
>>388863701
Can't really say. I love first game, played for 1k+ hours and i will play this one at least for half of this time.
>>
>>388871791
>Its not a finished build
>Game comes out in less than a week
>>
File: 1464128010293.png (424KB, 519x903px) Image search: [Google]
1464128010293.png
424KB, 519x903px
>>388870740
>psions on ridges sniping.

Psions are literally Jackals.
>>
>>388871914
i was wondering if they'd change balance between platforms but i guess not
>>
>>388872045
It takes time to make a beta/demo playable, and most of that work cannot be carried over to the main build. As such, demos are usually earlier builds that are split from the main game and worked on seperately. There obviously won't be major changes as demo builds are taken from very late in development, but minor tweaks, bug fixes, etc, that are in the main build can be missing from the beta
>>
>>388863804
not really though, bungie was right to scale down customization. there was really no point in having so many options if people were only choosing a few of those variations anyway. you were most likely going to play with a certain set majority of the time so they made it so those sets were perfectly tuned to each other and the other classes.

the only thing that has been worse in 2 so far is excessively long ability cool downs.

Destiny 1's biggest fault was lack of content and story and 2 is fixing that.
>>
Better tbqhfamilam
>>
File: 555.png (1MB, 1920x834px) Image search: [Google]
555.png
1MB, 1920x834px
>/v/ judging an entire game from a beta
>>
>>388872418
This would completely defeat the point of running a beta in the first place. The release build was finished months ago.
>>
>>388872509
>Destiny 1's biggest fault was lack of content and story and 2 is fixing that

I'll believe it when I see it.
>>
>>388872631
Day 1 patches are why betas exist man.
>>
>>388872072

They're like Jackals lite and are practically harmless at 120fps+.

I'm confident that a lot of game logic is still tied to framerate. The fact that myself and this guy: >>388871668 both independently encountered an identical failure with how the game behaves, is safe to say that its true.

I think that most of the AI logic is capped to 60fps, and everything else is disconnected from the frame counter. They aimed for 60fps on consoles, but couldn't do it--and thus optimized and balanced for 30. On consoles, you can do 60fps easy, so they just flipped the switch in engine for that and called it a day.

I cannot stress this enough, but above a certain framerate; the game becomes crazy easy--as if the game itself can't keep up with what your hardware is delivering.
>>
>>388872418

>open beta on PC
>3 days long

Nigger, that's a glorified demo. Especially if the main fucking menu has a stylized preorder button built into it. Betas, by design, shouldn't have this; because there's a lot of work to do and a lot of shit is broken, not yet designed, or not yet optimized.

A proper open beta should go on for upwards of a month or more, so you can adequately get enough data for your build, for optimization, and balance purposes. You are not going to get SHIT in 3 measly days.

This was a demo guised as a beta. What's currently wrong here, won't get fixed by release.
>>
>>388873012

PC, on PC you can do 60fps easy. Derp.
>>
>>388871494
>4 close friends
Story missions are only three people though.
>>
>>388863701
sjw propaganda and full of memes, literally made for nu-male
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ByIQpqRNK8
>>
So this game isn't cross play, right? I'd get it for PC, but if it's not cross play I'd rather get it for PS4 since that's where the community will be.
>>
>>388871494
>aiming with a controller is a bitch and a half
Jesus Christ
>>
>>388873454
>tfw one friend is already getting it for xbone
>my other friend is going to fucking spend money for an xbone and Live just to get this game
It's not fucking fair
>>
>>388873454

>CrossPlay
>consoles can do 60fps
>PC can do 200fps

I could be drunk off my ass and I'd wreck consolefags with that kind of an imbalance. There's no way this would be CrossPlay.

>>388873383

Well, then, an even less reason to get it.

>>388873580

And apparently if you use a controller on PC, the aim assist on consoles carries over. Which is autism. Playing a first person shooter on PC, with a controller, is double autism.
>>
If it was best dungeon for them to show off for beta, then rest are complete garbage.
>>
>>388863701
Worse. The gameplay changes make you feel less powerful.
The guns also don't sound right.
>>
>>388873012
>>388871668
I was playing with a 1080 and it was easy with high FPS, but what is it with mouse sens? I play with low DPI but swing wide. If you mean tracking targets or quickly swapping between targets than yeah the game is going to need its own balance on PC.

>>388872072
Jackals but toned down maybe. Jackals on Legendary in Halo 3 would insta headshot you constantly, Psions can barely hit people in this. The new Cabal enemy types are nice but there seems to be no new Vex enemies, some of them have new attacks like the grav thing that does nothing.
>>
>>388871479
these were all confirmed after the first destiny 2 reveal
>>
>*also on PC multiplat
>good

Can you tell me why do PC friends constantly ask for console exclusive games, but always talk shit about games they actually do get?
>>
>>388873718
Haha yeah, PC would wreck consoles in any game with aiming.

Oh wait, the top Paragon player is on console.
>>
>>388864081
Didn't they change how ammo works?
Also one thing I think the sequel has over the original is a firm understanding of what they want to be. Before there was a huge disconnect between the story and the actual playerbase.
Now that they realize most players don't give to much of a shit about the lore, or at least don't take it to seriously, it'll probably be more enjoyable.
>>
>>388871494
It's an mmo tutorial
How would it not be easy as fuck?
>>
>>388873718
I was remarking about how pathetically casual that anon was. How can you find it hard to aim with a controller? I cut my teeth on Goldeneye and Turok back in the day. What the fuck is wrong with him? Can he seriously not adapt to different control schemes?
>>
>>388872743
the first mission alone has more story than vanilla destiny and in terms of content we already know there are quests, story missions, patrols, side quests, and the raid along with all pvp activities. the game additionally has shown cutscenes featuring a more diverse cast than vanilla destiny.

whether destiny 2 is any good is a different conversation but in terms of content and story it's already proved it has more which isn't hard to beat.
>>
>>388873939
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJN1VvfHO4M

Controller can compete. Sure. Yeah.
>>
>>388873939
>Oh wait, the top Paragon player is on console
people play that game?
>>
>>388874193
apparently PCs controller aim assist in Destiny 2 is pretty strong in PvP.
>>
>>388874193
https://youtu.be/j9iSzLaI9fw
>>
>>388873939
>this retard argument
Someone post the fucking rainbow 6 siege world console championship so we can all laugh at this literal fucking underage b&
>>
>>388868931
>No 60 FPS when other games do it on console
Name 5
>>
>>388872072
>>
>>388873939
Mouse and keyboard is better for aiming, but anyone acting like it's a huge advantage is baiting or probably grew up with PC and didn't use a controller much. I use a controller sometimes on BF1 and stampede through people, but I've been playing on consoles since I was 4.
>>
All the beta really did was make me wish borderlands didn't go to shit.
>>
>PSN friends tell me to get it on PS4
>'It'll have PS4 Pro support!'
>only 30 FPS
>Play PC beta at 200 FPS
Console kids have no idea what they're missing
>>
>>388874289
>>388874297
Well, I'll at least give you that. If the game dev' is actually completely giving built in cheat for the controller to actually compete with mkb, controller might be able to achieve stuff.

**doesn't make the people using them any less of a fag**
>>
>>388874489

as someone who played consoles their entire childhood then switched to kbm i can tell you kbm a massive improvement because you totally remove muscle control from the equation.
>>
>>388874605
shit, I haven't posted here in year, do I have to do that to spoiler again?
>>
>>388874542
I can't see difference between 60 and 120 and yes, i played it on 120hz monitor.
>>
>>388874709
Console run at 30, and if you can't see that difference then you're blind
>>
>>388874756
I don't care at what rate consoles run destiny, im talking about 60 and 120.
>>
>>388863701
Neither, it is the first game.
>>
If the beta was meant to get me interested in this game, it failed.
>gives you OP weapons so the enemies seem weak and the combat is boring
>no idea what's going on or why I should care
>quips
>purple guy sounds like a joke voice actor
>horrible aim assist with a controller, which I want to use for PVE

Nope, dropped faster than an orb of light. Whatever the fuck that is.
>>
File: 311202237701554187.png (14KB, 128x113px) Image search: [Google]
311202237701554187.png
14KB, 128x113px
>>388874542
The thing is, I know the PC community will be putrid and tiny. Compare the PS4 and PC communities for Rainbow Six, CoD, Battlefield, or GTA.
>>
If the strike and level were at all representative of the full game, worse.
>worse level design
>aesthetically incoherent, sloppy environments (not graphically)
>dialogue is took a turn for the completely comedic. Whereas before it was A- sci fi writing, now it's C marvel writing.
>slower movement and abilities (we'll see if they were honest about the armor stats fixing this next week)
>3/4 exotics we know of are either outright lame or shitty versions of old exotics

All that and we didn't get new or redesigned subclasses, just some slight tweaks. In the last game you spent the whole game learning and becoming efficient at your class(es). If you played 1 you straight up don't have a learning curve to overcome at all unless you can/want to make a class you didn't in the last one.
>>
Are those class power selection pages the entire class? Or is there much more to come?
>>
>>388874994
>dialogue is took a turn for the completely comedic.

they're trying WAY to hard to get the joss whedon audience.
>>
>>388863804
This, there's only one strike ffs.
>>
Who fucking knows, the game isn't out yet retards. And the beta isn't an indication of shit since there was almost nothing in the beta.

If any of you retards actually think the beta was anymore than a barebones demo to drum up hype, please stop posting/kys.
>>
>>388864081
>Vex are machines
>This guy is shocked that their environments and designs have the same basic concepts
>>
>>388875356
>i-its just a BETA

Every fucking time
>>
File: image.jpg (796KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
796KB, 2592x1936px
Beta was meh, the blacks are nice dough
>>
>>388875356
>And the beta isn't an indication of shit since there was almost nothing in the beta.

cept for the base gameplay, which got boring after one mission.
>>
>>388873821

Its more than that, refer to: >>388871494

If you're averaging 120fps or more, the AI can't keep up with YOU, the player. You are able to kill them faster, than they are able to react to your shots and movement. Majority of my deaths in the "beta" were due to me jumping around like a moron and not timing my jumps for platforms or objects correctly. At NO point in the beta, when I was being shot at, did I ever feel like ANYTHING on screen was even remotely a threat to me.

Even in the part where you see the Traveler get taken over, where enemies rain down in groups; and you have tons of Cabal present. I could at complete leisure pick them off one by one, because I was able to move around and fire at precision HIGHER than what the game is most likely designed and balanced for.
>>
>>388863950
>>388863804

People pretend to know all about the game despite no has played the full game yet.
>>
>>388875498
>tutorial mission was easy
woooooooooooooooooow
>>
>>388875498
Nah, I think they also just gave you OP gear. I tried with a controller at 30-40fps and it was still easy a fuck. Granted, the auto aim is crazy, but I doubt the game is supposed to be so easy.
>>
>>388875208
It's rough because one of the things I loved about the first one was the ambiance, which the dialogue heavily contributed to. This new stuff just feels lifeless and amateur in comparison, along with the writing in general. That "lets block off each vanguard and demonstrate them using their abilities!" shit in the first cutscene gave me ED. Like what the fuck is cayde even shooting at with that golden gun, we all know it does peanuts damage to anything larger than a cabal.
>>
>>388866938
The boss in the beta is really easy, his moveset isn't anything crazy, and the mobs he summons aren't that strong. Plus the beta strike has you overleveled and playing on easy.

Again, the beta is a pretty shit representation of the game as a whole.
>>
>>388863701
Never played 1, but 2's beta was the blandest and most unimaginative thing I've played for a long time.
It's just a beta with not much to do, but it's not very encouraging. It felt like a borderlands game trying to be overserious.
>>
>>388874859

There's a noticeable difference from 60 to 144, everything above 144 is a bit overkill for most people unless you slow it down a 1000x to see what's happening. Though some can feel the difference between 144 and 165 if they play long enough.

All that said, the most ideal fps target is 240Hz (even 99% of the audience can't see it, you should aim for that. Just because of the fluidity of everything on screen). But that's splitting hairs at this point.
>>
File: 3536142578.jpg (44KB, 439x543px) Image search: [Google]
3536142578.jpg
44KB, 439x543px
>be a part of the PC master race
>hear the console youngsters praising Destiny the first one
>sequel gets announced my PC starts installing the open beta by itself
>try it
>beta gives you some legendary armor/weapons from the getgo and you're level 20
>gunplay is really weak, guns feel like toys
>probably the dumbest AI of any game
>the setting, armor design and enemies are the textbook example of "generic"
>PVP is even worse and feels empty
>after playing for 3 hours the game already felt old and repetitive even though you're suppose to grind and farm the same levels a million times apparently
What the fuck happened? I mean these people made Halo. Even though I'm not a filthy console peasant I still must admit that that franchise (or at least the first ~3 games) had an interesting roster of different weapons each feeling unique and having difference uses against different enemies, also the art direction was actually memorable and the AI was leaps and bounds ahead of Blandity 2.

You people need to get some nickles on your dickles I ain't even joking here.
>>
>>388875780
Except for the moments where that character who throws out Joss Whedon quips appears.
>>
>>388871325
I don't care about MP cause I never played it much on the origional but how do you make the same mistake twice? Hand cannons like TLW or Thorn made MP not fun, I understand meta but that shit was just rediculous.
>>
>>388875729
>That "lets block off each vanguard and demonstrate them using their abilities!" shit in the first cutscene gave me ED. Like what the fuck is cayde even shooting at with that golden gun, we all know it does peanuts damage to anything larger than a cabal.

because every cutscene was built to be as useful as possible for advertising
>>
>>388876025
Easy.

Your game designer has a clear bias and no one kicks him in the balls when he goes overboard. This happens in games all across the board. Some games you can get away with that, like anything Suda51 touches.

A competitive game is where that shit absolutely cannot fly and will kill the game in the long run, just as it did with Destiny 1, and how I assume Destiny 2 will look within a year without major changes (that aren't coming.)
>>
>>388875624
Well you grind strikes in end game if you want to play more PvE than just the weeklies. There are only 4 or 5 strikes total, so its hard to discredit the first one we've seen as an insignificant sample.
>>
>>388875674

Its not the weapons you retard. Its game balance tied to framerate, which is fine for consoles; since they can't hit 60fps anyway. But playing at 165fps average, on a 1080Ti, made everything easy as fuck. Be it first mission, or the first trike on Venus, or whatever the fuck was going on anywhere in the game.
>>
>>388863701
it is practically fucking identical but now you can play it with a mouse

so better. slightly.
>>
>>388876227
you sound like a crazy person
>>
>>388876003
I don't even remember that. Overly long and uninteresting cutscenes. I tried to watch them, at first, but it was so shitty I skipped them after the first one.
>>
Fuck this Marvel cancer dialogue.
>>
>>388872558
beta these days just means "demo"

but when they use the word "beta" it gives them plausible deniability for any fuck ups that happen
>>
>>388863701
Just wait a couple of days after release
never buy destiny at launch
t.Destiny 1 preordered with season pass
>>
>>388876282

Kek. Where do you think you are.
>>
>>388863701
I've heard that gameplay wise that it's much better. But the marketing really is turning me away. I fear that the game will actually be good with all the trademarks of Bungie, but because the marketing is making it seem like some kind of bro shooter with everyone being a cartoon caricature, I'm not interested.

Should I try out the open beta?
>>
File: IMG_1699.png (237KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1699.png
237KB, 512x512px
>>388876353
Listen @ this post
>>
>>388876421
They were never pretending it was anything else, even in 1
>>
>>388871494
How did you get a 165Fps? I have a 6700k and a geforce 1080 with 32gb ram and the game sits at 30fps on my 1440p monitor, all highest settings. If i drop down to next highest settings it fluctuates between 140fps and 80 fps. It seems pretty poorly optimized for a game that isn't really out there on the graphics side.
>>
>>388876421
>Should I try out the open beta?
You can't anymore.
>>
>>388876227
Do you even know how delta-timing works? If the AI in the game was really made for 30fps, then playing the game on even higher framerate would make them more difficult for the player, not less
>>
File: 1497901319629.png (2MB, 2592x864px) Image search: [Google]
1497901319629.png
2MB, 2592x864px
>>388863701
>>388863804
Agreed, they have less cutsomization for your charachter.

Just look at the skill tree for example.

The worst part is, PC players are going to buy it because they don't know how different and better destiny 1 was in everything but content.
>>
I felt like in destiny every class kinda had their niche like the guardian bubble opposed to striker, now every ult is a dps one. It's disappointing.
>>
This game as well as the first one are zombie Bungie or rather Bungiestein. Joe Staten was fired, as was Marty O'Donnell. Many other talents have left.

Jason Jones lived long enough to become the villain. Destiny is a failure and should be burried.
>>
>>388876514
nigga what you just turn off the frame limiter
>>
>>388876421
>I've heard that gameplay wise that it's much better.
From everything we've seen it's the EXACT same all the way down to the skills and abilities, if not worse.

Also the cartoon charicature shit, you're right it is that way. The wacky shit was more implicit in D1, here it's the majority of the dialogue.
>>
>>388876312

honestly, what bothers me is that companies make an antihero character and immediately go "WE NEED NATHAN FILLION!". the dude never gets to be a in role other than quippy gunslinger, not to mention the fact they have fucking gina torres as ikora just so firefly fans can cum even harder.
>>
Did they ever fix the mouse "lag" issue?

My mouse would consistently act like it kept getting "stuck" on something, or like mouse acceleration was being toggled on and off at random times resulting in skips and pauses in mouse movement.
>>
>>388876662
For PCbros: you can't use all of these skills. Each column allows you to pick only one.
>>
>>388875441
Things not in the beta:
>character customization
>skill customisation
>real armor
>real weapons
>mod slots and mods
>non-beginner missions/strikes
>patrols
>real loot
>shops
>engrams
>side missions
>factions
>dailies
>TDM
>DM
>CTF
>raids
>clans
>sparrows
>most vehicles (aside from some hidden pikes)
>crafting/resources
>difficulty levels

So yeah I think it's pretty safe to say that the beta has only shown us a fucking tiny fraction of the game. One beginner level strike that you're over leveled for, the two worst pvp gamemodes, and an empty social space, and literally no character customisation (aesthetically, equipment, and skillwise)
>>
>>388876715
Well damn, I didn't see that.
>>
>>388876841
>Each column allows you to pick only one
they why are there multiple skills filled in for each column
>>
>>388876760
Did you turn off mouse smoothing?
>>
>>388877087
It was already off. Both in Windows and in game.
>>
>>388876863
>and an empty social space
wait what
>>
>>388877010
I mean each row not column
>>
>>388876662
It should be noted that two of the class skills in D1 are just stat boosts, which was prob removed in D2 now that you get those same stat boosts from armor.

That being said, removing the ability to fine pick every skill was still a bad choice, half the fun was creating skill builds that focused around a particular exotic weapon
>>
>>388876514

Speccy doesn't pick it up, but I've got a GTX 1080Ti Lightning Z and it doesn't seem to pick up the full 11GB either (might because I haven't updated Speccy in a while though), which boosts to 2GHz under load. So Destiny 2 @ 165fps average with everything maxed out was easy peasy.
>>
>>388876662
There was an optimal build in Destiny 1 though, and you might have 2-3 choices while Destiny 2 is at this or that. A few of those like the highlighted one are just a stat boost. They also didn't give you actual options, like using super meter to super charge a grenade, aerial dodge or descent to gain HP etc.

Destiny as a whole is shit for having these homogenized classes where they all have grenades and melee abilities. Why not actually try to have unique abilities? There is a handful of unique grenades in all of Destiny that aren't similar to others.
>>
>>388876682
Destiny 1 was better? I find that hard to believe, how bland D2 felt in its beta. I honestly had more fun with The Division, Warframe and Borderlands.
>>
>>388877131
the social space was live for a few hours, it was literally just the map. no npcs or bank or anything
>>
>>388877163
You realize there's also multiple skills filled in for each row? Anon you aren't making any sense.
>>
>>388863701
i can't talk for the first one but i didn't like the longass cooldowns and the pretty subpar abilities (waiting 2 minutes for a roll and a fucking grenade?????), the shooting was pretty meh and i felt like a snail
>>
>>388877131
Yesterday they put up the social space but there was literally nothing to do there except maybe explore a bit or whatever. But there were no NPCS or shops or anything really. It was literally just the social space with nothing in it.
>>
>>388877010
The first 3 on the top are basic unlocks and below them are the modifiers, Ex: first unlock is double jump and the one below is a modifier to make it a triple jump.

You don't have it 4 skills on the melee column because you start the game with a melee attack.
>>
>>388877340
>>388877428
aww what I didn't see that. It didn't let me play the beta at all today for some dumb reason.
>>
>>388877010

There's only three columns where there's more than one. The first ones just tell you what the classes unique abilities are, with the first being their jump type, second being their Ult and third being their melee. These aren't automatically available at level 1, they need to be unlocked which is why they have an icon.

Hunters have Double Jumps, Golden Gun and Throwing Dagger, and the three options under it are the unlockable upgrades/variants that either augment their ability or change it to something else. An example of this is that the Hunter can add more mobility to their jump, a triple jump or turn the second jump into a blink.
>>
>>388876841
>PC players are so sensitive they need the mods to add a filter to protect their wittle feewings
Sad!
>>
>>388877449
ahhh, that makes more sense. Thanks anon
>>
Play Warframe, it's better and it's free
>>
Is trails of orisis coming back?
>>
>>388877330
I've only played when it launched on a borrowed ps4 but the game felt exactly the same, except for the ults which is what I pointed out. It seems that they gave away the subclasses personalities, maybe because some of them were useless, so making every ult a dps one would make sense.
>>
>>388875498
>he thinks you can balance AI based on framerate
>he thinks that enemies "designed for 30 fps" would be easier to kill, when in actuality that would make them harder

You don't know shit, so just stop posting. You don't have to try to impress us by acting like you know how AI programming works. The reason the beta is a cakewalk is because they fucking over leveled you, gave you OP fake equipment, and set the strike to easy difficulty.
>>
>>388877264
I've just got a standard 1080 with a 8gb vram... still it should manage the game at highest settings
>>
>>388877690
according to some leaks,you have to save orisis itself
>>
>>388874327
What's this? What happened?

And yeah, Destiny 2 is much better than Destiny 1. I can't tell if it's just the fact it had an interesting story, looks better, 60fps performance minimum and m+kb.
>>
>>388878282
Oh shit
>>
>>388878571
ok according to this leak we
get the dlc in December
We'll save Osiris from the vex
The Trial of Osiris social space
New patrol on Mercury
and remember it's a "leak" so it may be fake
>>
>>388878858
So the dlc is literally only 3 months later after release? Will they even add more content before the dlc drops?
>>
>>388876662
But that is the exact same amount of choice, just the layout makes it seem like left has more options.
>>
>>388879218
well we have a season pass with 2 dlcs
so i bet they'll do the same thing they did with destiny 1
Small DLC 1
Small DLC 2
Big expansion 1(+ destiny 2 *expansion name*)
after 1 year i hope
Big expansion 2(+ destiny 2 *expansion name)
free stuff(events and shit)
i really hope they don't
>>
>>388879598
God I hope they don't follow the D1 DLC schedule, it was shit and they've already said they won't be dripping content like they did with the first game.
>>
File: ANIME TIDDIES.png (284KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
ANIME TIDDIES.png
284KB, 500x417px
>>388876863
I'm going to have to ask you to stop padding your posts.

>character customization
>skill customisation

Same thing.

>real armor
>real weapons
>mod slots and mods
>real loot
>engrams

All of these things are just Engrams gussied up.

>patrols
>side missions
>dailies

Same shit.

>sparrows
>most vehicles (aside from some hidden pikes)

Just "Vehicle" would suffice, especially since the ship is 100% cosmetic and the Sparrow is the only thing used.

>TDM
>DM
>CTF

Call it PvP since it's all PvP in different flavors.

>non-beginner missions/strikes
>difficulty levels

PvE with difficulty settings.

>clans

This is important since they didn't have this shit proper in Destiny 1 despite being a fake MMO.

>shops
>factions
>crafting/resources

May as well be the same damn thing if it works like D1.

>raids

Now this is the important shit. Hopefully they have some kind of functionality to help organize this shit instead of the literal fucking 3RD PARTY ENDORSED garbage D1 had.
>>
>>388876863
>raids
raid*, Bungie has already made it abundantly clear that there is only one raid in the game at launch. With that in mind, most of the rest of what you listed off is pointless fluff.
>>
>>388879732
i hope that the date is fake,and they put more events instead
I really loved the racing event
i actually hope for a football event
>>
>>388878858
if a leak gets enough traction, bungie will either shut it down by outright confirming that its fake, or refuse to comment on it because it's actually legit

So just watch how bungie reacts
>>
I seriously want to know why they decided to scrap everything and start all over??
>>
>>388881325
>because it was the plan from day 0
>because the original engine had serious flaws that hampered the game's post-launch development
>because making sweeping changes to the core gameplay via an update/dlc would alienate fans and at least a third of the game's skills would need to be retooled in order to compensate
>>
>>388881736
Have they confirmed it's a new engine
>>
>>388881978
its an updated version of the old engine
>>
>>388879732
Absolutely this. They already came with the "Expansion I and II" shit and I don't want to have the game sold twice like what happened with TTK
>>
>>388863701
it's better but still not quite as good as warframe
>>
Better, Destiny was marred by it's technical limitations due to being build for older consoles. Now Bungie has completely moved on from it's old shit with a brand new engine built for a lot, lot, lot more content.

It's going to be a fucking blast. I will be playing this for years.
>>
>>388882280
>warframe
>good
come on now
they're both shit
>>
>>388882084
What do you mean? This is my first time with destiny 2 so idk what you're talking about
>>
>>388882582
What's up, Luke?
>>
Shit, is the PC beta already done? I thought it was going till like 10 eastern time... I didn't get to see the farm :(
>>
it's better than the first if you play on pc.
>>
>>388863701
Well, for SP it will probably be better. I really don't like how the changes effect MP though.
>>
>>388883057
>playing Destiny for the MP

Fuck off to some other game
>>
>>388863701
Gonna guess it's the same. The beta was 100% on PC than on console, but it was pretty limited, only 1 mission, 1 strike, and mp. Probably going to pick it up anyway.
>>
>>388882841
The farm was only up yesterday for 2 hours at 5 PM pacific time. There are no NPCs but it's kind of fun climbing in third person with the new ledge grab mechanic. I hope we get another, better mountain in D2 like Felwinter peak.
>>
File: 1498931429630.jpg (27KB, 423x423px) Image search: [Google]
1498931429630.jpg
27KB, 423x423px
>pick warlock expecting to use magic a lot
>except that I can't since there's a 3hr cooldown for each spell
>expect some satisfying gunplay at least
>guns feel like peashooters
>expect some nice environments after a while
>everything looks the same-y dull, cold color palette anyway

and they are already talking about DLC and shit before the game isn't even out, christ
>>
>>388882750
Destiny 1 had two DLCs sold for 20$ each but then was followed by a "masive" expansion pack called the Taken King which was available for 40$ if you had the two previous DLCs. If not you had to buy some legendary edition which was full price and included the two previous DLCs. I believe this happened in the "Year Two" of the first game
>>
>>388882807
my name is patryk. your friend luke isnt the only one that liked the game bud.
>>
>>388883375
blame pvp fuckers that cried because "MUH GRENADE SPAM" that we got those long cooldowns
Destiny 1 pvp is faster than this slow bullshit
even if you decimate alone the enemy team you'll use your super once and maybe twice
>>
>>388883507
That sounds cheaper than a subscription to an mmo so what's the problem
>>
>>388876662
>PC gamers
>By games
>>
>>388883564
This is the main reason why I'm not getting Destiny 2, every thing feels so fucking slow
>>
>>388883239

Huh. Well shit. Sounds neat. Would be really cool to get another platforming fun thing like the peak for sure.
>>
>>388883624
>this turd is less smelly than that other turd so this turd is totally fine and not disgusting
>>
>>388883624
Destiny isn't an MMO, and didn't offer nearly the amount of content to justify that descriptor.

>>388883540
Sure thing, Luke. Shouldn't you be shilling the game on twitter?
>>
>>388883624
It is cheaper but it's still not exactly cheap plus they eventually did cave and introduced microtransactions which rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, considering how expensive the game already is.
>>
I enjoyed the beta on PC. The strike was fun, but somewhat bullet sponge and the boss was basically "the floor is lava" and "this is not my final form". Problem i think will happen, and other anons can correct me on this if they want too - Is that once you've done all the content one time, you have to grind the same strikes you did 30 times to get better gear and then wait for the next DLC.

Which us PC people will get six weeks after launch apparently, so we are forced to spend money on it to not be locked out. How good was the end game in destiny 1? And have they said anything about how it will be like here? Raids will probably be quite fun i imagine.
>>
>>388883624
Forgot to mention the did it again with Rise of Iron. You cant just sell the game three times
>>
>>388863701
its the best game ever made
>>
File: 1476898811699.jpg (21KB, 365x363px) Image search: [Google]
1476898811699.jpg
21KB, 365x363px
>2 PVP maps
>1 shit instance
>30 minutes of """"story""""
>don't show off the 'hub' like you did in Destiny's beta
>don't let people see any of the """"open areas"""" that will set the game apart from the first game

fucking pathetic
>>
>>388883849
Raids are fun, but in 1 there was very rarely more than one raid that was relevant at a time. So you have to grind the same raid on 3 characters week after week until the next DLC drops, and then you have to pay money to repeat the process with a different raid. I hope Bungie is changing this with 2, but with the fact that the game is most likely only launching with one raid it doesn't seem like they are.
>>
>>388884065
Why would they? The way they demoed D1 was a bad idea and while I think they overcorrected with this it's still clearly the better way to do it.
>>
>>388884281
>The way they demoed D1 was a bad idea
why
>>
Do people not know this build is several months old? It's the same exact thing as when they first unveiled gameplay of it. If you look at the gameplay and listen to the people who played it back then, it's just that.

I'm not saying the game will be substantially different on release, but it does make me wonder why they even put this out since they've just been running damage control on it saying systems have been changed over this period of time. It's only good for seeing if PC players can run the damn thing.
>>
>>388884116
I see. Then i sure as fuck hope that's a long and interesting raid. I mean, sure in MMO's you end up repeating stuff but it does take quite a long time to do it all.
>>
>Grenades are an ability and you need to wait a minute between uses

What the fuck?
>>
>>388884486
They never are, all 4 in D1 took less than an hour once you understood what was going on, and even then only your first raid is ever going to have that "wow" moment. They have unique mechanics and loot, but don't let your expectations get too high.
>>
>>388883849
the weekly routine of destiny was to do the raid and nightfall 3 times with different characters to get loot
then sometimes the pvp event drops and you can rank up with it to get raid-tier stuff
>>388884419
i really hope that this is an old build
>>
>>388884689
>>388884750
Can't say i am being more hyped to play the game. Although it will probably be a blast the first few times. I bought the destiny collection on PS4 a couple of weeks ago, and sure it did indeed feel like destiny 2 was destiny 1 with 60 fps.

And wasn't there this 10 year plan with Destiny? So we are in for more destiny's and DLCs. The more isn't always the merrier in my opinion, focus on making a few really large and good games instead of milking the cow.
>>
>>388884627
Armour and some skills give bonuses to the cooldownd of minor abilities and nade
>>
>>388884875
Just don't get your hope too highas it happened to me with D1 and MGSV
The whole 10 years plan isn't tied to one game,but to the whole "destiny" series
>>
>>388884419
>old build

how many times have we heard that excuse before.

It's going to be the same boring slow ass PvP combat in the final build
>>
>>388884319
Because people are stupid and got attached to the shit they got in the beta and were upset it didn't carry over the full game release.
This beta while barebones does its job. It shows you what the game is like without potentially ruining any surprises or risking you getting burned out. It's also enough to let them test the tech they need testing which is the whole point why they even do the beta in the first place.
>>
>>388874384
>uncharted
>halo
>titanfall
>battlefront
>gears of war

they all do 30fps campaign
>>
File: 1502747126567.jpg (11KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1502747126567.jpg
11KB, 240x240px
>>388885016
No, i'm aware it's Destiny as a whole. Thus we are in for more destiny's and many DLCs. Where the story don't really matter in each one because it has to matter for the end game. If that makes sense?. I am all for an FPS game such as Destiny, but i am really not liking having a lot of content you lock behind DLCs.
Imagine if they could've just spent a long time making a sequel that included all the content the DLCs would bring? Instead of a game with some content, a DLC with some content and then next game and then repeat.
>>
>>388884875
Activision and Bungie formed a 10 year partnership for the Destiny franchise. Things already got delayed by a few years now and a lot of thing probably changed but it was never going to be one game.
>>
>>388875983
>What the fuck happened? I mean these people made Halo.
This is pretty much Halo, with equipment customization, it would be amazing 15 years ago, today not so much.
>>
>>388885125
TF2 and Halo 5 are both 60 FPS throughout the Single and Multi.
>>
>>388875624
People have no problem hyping Destiny 2 despite not having played the full game yet. You can't have it both ways.
>>
>>388885038
Why did they even call it a beta? Why are what is really demo's even called betas today? There was this footage - Recent too - That was released of space combat in battlefront 2 saying "early alpha" or something in that style. And i'll bet fucking money it will be pretty much play and look exactly the same once the game is out. Maybe with a few tweaks here and there.

For me, it seems like "alpha" and "beta" have lost their meanings and now just buzzwords used by developers as glorified demos or as an excuse to why some of what you see might be really bad - But since it's an "alpha" or "beta" you're under the impression that it will be fixed for release, and then you pre-order and give them their money or buy it at launch.
>>
>>388885243
I didn't clarify it properly enough, i meant:
>>388885204

I'm aware it's only one game. And i am not particulary liking that they are gonna milk this for so long rather than focusing on a few quality products.
>>
>>388885287
Not really, there's a lot missing that made Halo special.
>>
>>388885204
i really hope they just stick with 2 dlcs and then free stuff,it was awful see my first little group of friends fall apart because some of us couldn't buy the dlcs
>>
>>388885287
To me its much less interesting than Halo. I'd easily trade Destiny's shitty RPG mechanics for Halo's vehicle sections, BTB and varied weapon design.
>>
>>388885517
Please clarify.
>>
>>388884750
>i really hope that this is an old build
It is, though don't get your hopes up for any fundamental changes. These kinds of builds are worked on separately and since it existed all the way back in May, it's probably only a few months older than that.
>>388885038
It's not an excuse, it's just how it is. There probably won't be any substantial changes like reverting back to the old system instead of kinetic/energy/heavy, but they've already talked about how they redid the entire way heavy ammo was distributed to make sure you wouldn't be scrounging as much for it, implementing things like certain kinds of enemies are guaranteed to drop it. Things like slashing cooldowns for PvE isn't difficult to do and if they aren't doing it, is probably something they're considering with the amount of shit they've received since it was unveiled.

I'm not saying it will be a totally different game, but the beta isn't necessarily representative of the day 1 game. II mean, even the most basic features like vendors and normal looting are disabled in the beta,
>>
>people still calling aim assist "auto aim"

It literally just reduces the sensitivity when you hover over a body. That's it. It doesn't "snap to heads" or aim at all for you. Just compensates for the fundamental lack of control you have with a stick vs a mouse. No, it doesn't put thumbstick aiming anywhere near the level of accuracy of mouse aim and you saw none top players using controller.

...and yeah, people can cheat and use programs to spoof controller with keyboard and mouse and get it without mouse aim, but that requires third party shit that can be detected and results in your mouse emulating an analog stick and all it's limitations. You'll never be able to move your mouse faster than an analog stick can physically. People ran this setup with D1 and while it produced some good players, they were never among the best and all acknowledged it's limitations.
>>
>>388885528
Yeah, i'm worried it will happen with Destiny 2. A friend of mine got destiny at launch, he really enjoyed what he played too - But the DLC's and content locked made him stop playing. Of course, one could always for the GOTY edition but at that point the next game is closing in and you're back to square one.
>>
>>388885287
No, Halo multiplayer aged well and is far better balanced/designed in both map design, weapon design, and gametype design.

Destiny is just TDM with very shitty modifiers
>>
Having never played Destiny, I'm looking forward to this on PC. I enjoyed the beta and had some good fun with friends and we're all pretty positive about it. Hopefully the full game will be able to deliver. Biggest gripe I have is how terrible the pvp is, and whoever signed off on aim assist for pvp is next level stupid
>>
>>388863701

It's literally the same game.
>>
>>388885654
Have they even said anything about revisiting the halo universe with a game releasing both on next gen consoles and PC?
>>
>>388885243
The only thing that seemed to change were the precise dates for each release. Pretty much everything remained the same including the plans to release sequels bi-annually and 2 DLC packs in between each game. It even showed that Destiny 2 was going to release on PC but not the first game.
>>
>>388885742
Yeah, but if you play it on PC and is a first timer it won't really matter for that person. And if they've learned from Destiny 1 it will be an improved experience too.
>>
File: 1504227014056.jpg (1MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1504227014056.jpg
1MB, 5312x2988px
>>
>>388885583
D1 never got any real sort of custom games, there was no real modification of settings or a plethora of different gametypes to tweak to make for unique experiences. The multiplayer was much more codified and centered itself around different metas and never really had that same feeling of "I won because I was the better player", even if Halo had issues also getting that feeling down. The multiplayer itself took way too much out of the player skill area and moved it into things like spawning with sniper/shotgun ammo are the ridiculous nature of heavy weapons in the game. On top of that the game never received any sort of map editor, which made a multitude of what people played in Halo a literal impossibility. The game didn't nurture the creative side of the community in any of the same ways a Halo game would, and because of that I would disagree with the idea that it's "pretty much Halo" with some extra mechanics.
>>
>>388885618
In other words its a handicap and a crutch for a demonstrably inferior less accurate control scheme.
>>
>>388885427
Betas aren't beta testing any more in the traditional sense, they're usually just fir checking server loads before release with maybe some minor tweaks to gameplay. They still call them betas though because getting access to a beta had an air if exclusivity about it and you actually play tested the game and reported bugs. They keep the same nomenclature because calling it a demo is a lot less sexy to advertisers.
>>
>>388885893
what the fuck is this
>>388885635
knowing both activision and what bungie did in d1,it will happen again
>>
Wasn't the idea of Destiny somewhat presented as an easter egg in halo ODST?
>>
>>388885801
343i has been much more willing to put things on PC, there's a high likelihood that Halo 6 will be on PC.
>>
>>388875428

fuck you faggot they are literally copy paste
>>
>>388863701
Worse gameplay due to the weapon changes but it was already vastly improved compared to the ps4 beta in terms of cooldowns. Being on PC already puts it far ahead destiny 1 for the simple fact that you just don't play shooters on a console.
>>
>>388885886
It's about as improved as TTK was. Destiny 2 is the definition of a cashgrab rehash compared to Halo 1 vs 2 vs 3, it's a glorified $60 stand alone expac with minimal improvements that doesn't really expand or evolve the game in any meaningful way.
>>
>>388885963
i see, and it makes sense. I remember back in the day when i got to beta test world in conflict i was kinda proud of it. Betas were indeed before something of an exclusivity that had a meaning too it.

>>388886002
Nice. I never really played the halo games properly myself, only finished ODST. Would be nice with a remaster collection released on PC. The story seems quite good from what i saw and those live action movies "shorts" released.
>>
>>388885893
>dunemarchers coming back

So that means other d1 gear might show up. Fingers crossed for a y4 gally
>>
>>388886147
TTK was a step down tho
>>
>>388885947
Handicap, yeah. You need it if you even hope to have a good time(not compete, it's NOT competitive.) playing the game with a controller. Bungie balances their game based on data(for better or worse) and I'm telling you the data is going to say that mouse is the way to go 100% of the time.

PC has a "handicap" anyway by having basically no recoil on the weapons. It's still there, but it's reduced dramatically compared to the recoil on console/with controller. Hand Cannons are fucking EASY mode with a mouse. Part of the gunskill with controller is managing that.
>>
>>388885803
A main title release was going to happen every 2 years while the years between would get a "comet" which would be an expansion. The entire plan was delayed by quite a bit and Rise of Iron was not part of the original plan. They originally never intended to have a "fresh start" with D2 and I'm a bit doubtful about the PC always being planned for D2.
>>
>>388870740
Because the archetypes work well enough in both series. Wily snipers, hulking beast berserkers, reptilian skirmishers with weird knees, "ancient evil". It all fits.
>>
>>388863701
It's worse. Felt like a watered down version of D1.
>>
>>388885618

Pretty much. This shit is quickly becoming the new "I died due to lag!" shitter excuse.

I spoofed my mouse and keyboard with those 3 programs to emulate the xim4 and it doesn't come even fucking CLOSE to playing normally with a KB+M setup. It just feels like an extremely awkward analog stick.
>>
File: 1504226890438.jpg (28KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1504226890438.jpg
28KB, 480x270px
>>388885983
its exactly what it looks like
>>
>>388863701
Far worse because of the PvP alone. Shitty 4v4 only.
>>
>>388886264
It was literally written verbatim the contract that Destiny 2 would release for Microsoft Windows along with the PS4 and Xbone code names.

The so called "fresh start" for Destiny 2 doesn't contradict anything written out in the contract. Its mentioned in the contract that there would be more than just one Comet release in between each 2 years between sequels. The only significant change is that their release schedule is delayed, Destiny fans are acting like the plan is somehow dramatically different now even though just about everything else remained the same.
>>
>>388886475
Oh shit
Keep posting
what about the big guns
>>
>>388886660
It's not dramatically different but it's different enough. The fact that main entries of the series have a 3 year development cycle instead of 2 is a big deal, assuming they keep going at the current pace.
>>
>>388886476
4v4 only fucking sucks, yeah. 6v6 was a clusterfuck in D1 because of all of the abilities and OHKO ammo everywhere, but this would be so much less of a problem with the changes they've made in D2.

AND THEY FUCKING TOOK AWAY RUMBLE I WAS A TOP 300 RUMBLE PLAYER YOU RIPPED MY FUCKING LIFE AWAY BUNGO FUCK YOU

Supposedly, the guy responsible for that decision was posting in the /vg/ Destiny thread and said it was because Activision wants the player base not split up because of some loot box mechanic or some shit. Faggots didn't even tell him off.
>>
>>388871298
>mid jump as floor dispersed
>die from fall
>>
>>388886873
I wonder why they can't spend more years making a larger game that has more quality and content to it? Rather than pumping out games.
>>
File: 1504226775557.jpg (28KB, 480x259px) Image search: [Google]
1504226775557.jpg
28KB, 480x259px
>>388886718
>>
>play with mouse
>able to look around whilst sprinting
>play with gamepad 'cos I wanna lean back in my chair
>sprinting means you now turn at the speed of a dead leper
It's a shame, movement besides that feels great on the gamepad, even if aiming is worse and mostly just "use ADS for lock on>"
>>
>>388872558
It wasn't even a full beta, it was a demo and it was so empty in content that is a bad fucking sign of things
>>
File: #destiny2 - Imgur.jpg (44KB, 480x479px) Image search: [Google]
#destiny2 - Imgur.jpg
44KB, 480x479px
>>388887020
last one I'm posting
most of it is on /dg/ now
>>
>>388886909
What baffles me the most about the match size change is that it's only in PvP. PvE as far as we know is still going to be 3s and 6s which makes no sense to me. It's like they learned nothing from WoW's 10 and 25 man instances.

>>388887020
>Celestial Nighthawk is back
Oh fuck yes!
>>
>>388887069
Destiny 1 had a demo, this was a beta. It was 2 PVP game modes(with only two maps) and one of what's likely to be 10+ strikes+ raids down the line.
>>
>>388887020
>>388886475
>>388885893
>so far 50% of the gear is old D1 gear

This is just fucking pathetic.
>>
>>388886873
>It's not dramatically different but it's different enough
Not really. It's silly to act like the contract is null and void when everything outside the release dates that were delayed ended up being almost entirely the same.
>>
>>388863701
The controls feel better, but that is just because of the difference from consoles to PC. Other than that meh. It's seems like they are trying to reboot Destiny to make up for the poor initial reception to Destiny 1. The problem seems to be that they haven't really learned they're lesson and haven't proven that they've become better devs. The game will still only have 1 raid at release and you will have to buy any new ones, and the old ones won't be updated until the end of Destiny 2's life cycle. We don't know id the loot system will be as bad as D1's at launch. We don't know if the weapons balancing will be as bad as it was. We don't know about boss variety. Basically there are a bunch of unknowns and considering this is Bungie-in-name-only they haven't earned the benefit of the doubt. The PC release being more than a month later is a blessing in disguise, by then it will be apparent on how much they've possibly fucked up.
>>
>>388887165
Can you imagine running nighthawk while using the perk that lets you crit with golden gun? Bosses are gonna melt
>>
>>388887172

This beta had was way less than any beat I have seen in a long while. Also it's two weeks out to launch, there is no excuse -unless- they fear it would hurt sales

>one of what's likely to be 10+ strikes+ raids down the line.
And I beat half or more will be block by pay walls.
>>
>>388887708
Shit yea. Although apparently the damage of golden gun will go up with each successful crit. It's also apparently going to be the best orb generator because you'll make orbs just by getting hits not even needing to get kills. I guess we'll see how it'll play out.
>>
>>388887708
You haven't heard the bosses have invulnerability phases and rumor is the raid boss is both crit immune and can absorb health. Think about, why would they let you have this shit again unless they had some greed level plans of crushing you under it.
>>
>>388887732
They're fearing that they release the game and people complain they've played a third of it like what happened with Destiny 1. This was something they received immense negative feedback about and while it made for a shitty beta, it will be much better to have stuff to discover and experience for the first time when the game actually launches.
>>
File: 1434150549387.jpg (101KB, 616x900px) Image search: [Google]
1434150549387.jpg
101KB, 616x900px
>destiny 1 is a disappointment mess of an unfinished game
>only fun is that your friends play it too
>Leddit gobbles up the game, and the le jokes
>drop all mentions of the The Darkness/The Traveller etc
>they make jokes and quips rather than content and story
>release Destiny 1.5, resuing all assets/sounds/etc

I just wanted Destiny 2. But instead they just released Destiny with le jokes and le puppies! Instead of deep SciFi. The recent ad just shows they know there market and can just shovel out shit.
>>
>>388887863
And this whole time I was expecting hunters to be useless in pve. Guess that's no longer the case
>>
>>388887947
Just about every raid boss in D1 had invulnerability phases too
Notable exceptions:
Atheon (but unless you did the song-and-dance, he takes way less damage
Golgoroth (ditto to above)
Templar (if fought correctly, he is damageable indefinitely)
>>
>>388888195
Blame Jason Jones. He went on a massive ego-trip and fired all the Destiny 1 writers six months before launch because he thought that people wouldn't play the game if the story progressed from planet to planet(...like it basically did in the end anyway).

It's a shame too, because the original story for Destiny sounds awesome. Unfortunately, the "destiny didn't have a story!" meme has resulted in them hiring hamfisted writers trying REALLY hard to show it has a plot.
>>
>>388888246
did they remove the Void Class from Hunters? Ya know the fun one to play with actual PvE usefulness?

Are all the classes coming back or no? Cause the new ones all felt like shit, and if sunsinger isn't coming back....
>>
>>388888195
>implying D1's live action trailers weren't the exact same shit
>>
>>388871494

I don't know if you know this but the enemies in Destiny are not the hard part of the game

You're not gonna be some god because you can pop dumb adds. They suck dick. They will suck dick for every mission and every Strike, and in the Raid they will suck dick but there will be so many of them and your mind is gonna be on the actual mechanics and not getting your whole team wiped at once it won't matter
>>
>>388888469
TTK subclasses are coming back, Sunsinger is not
Git gud, self res shitter
>>
>>388888195
>resuing all assets/sounds/etc
It sounds way better now. Compare the sounds from the first and squeal and you'll here the difference.

>But instead they just released Destiny with le jokes and le puppies! Instead of deep SciFi.

Yes because most the original live action trailers were so serious and le deep SciFi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZyQK6kUdWQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpDLxs8z08A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5mGqg7nZFE
>>
>>388888476
A lot of the new humor is really hamfisted, it wasn't really around until TTK came out.
>>
>>388888195
The darkness was the epitome of the non-story that plagued Destiny 1. What are we fighting? The forces of darkness. What's the darkness? It's bad. Why is it bad? I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain. The very first mission of 2 starts with an antagonist actually antagonizing you face to face and giving you a personal journey to recover your strength, your city, and kill him. That's more than Destiny 1 had going for it throughout its entire lifespan. The closest they came was Crota killing Eris's friends you never met and then Oryx getting mad you killed his son. And it's fucking pathetic one mission outdoes that. I know you're probably upset about the lack of grimoire stuff, but I'd rather them focus on the actual storyline the game is going to present instead of side material I have to read on some wiki. Even if it was cool. So you're out of your mind if you think 2 is showing no story so far or a regression in that department.
>>
>>388887069

The beta was intentionally scaled back from D1's beta. IIRC Luke Smith or somebody at Bungie said that they wanted to provide a small amount of content they could rigorously test. Whether that's bullshit or not, who knows.
>>
>>388863701
Preordered it yesterday. Redownloaded the first today. Glad the Cabal are getting some love, way better than those Darkness Fuckers.
>>
>>388888195
It's not out yet. And while it does look bad my hope is that this perception is just the effect of marketing and does not truly reflect the story of the game.

>>388888469
Sunsinger is obviously not coming back since it's replaced by Dawnblade. It was boring as shit and it's only true utility was the safety net the self-res provided. Stormtrance, Sunbreaker and Nightstalker are all returning. I honestly don't know why they're keeping it a secret. I guess they're hoping people are going to be pleasantly surprised when they find out they're not gone or something.
>>
>>388888669
I'd rather them focus on end game shit, I couldn't care less about "story". Give me something actually worth grinding week after week, not a bunch of story missions that I'm gonna play once and then forget about.
>>
>>388888476
Yeah man, I loved the part where he talked about puppies!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS1BM9XRgvw
>>
>>388888195
D2 essentially reminds me of the opening of Megaman X
The big-bad in big-badass armor kicks your ass and you have to go on a personal journey to regain your power and beat him into the ground
>>
>>388863701
Both are shit
>>
>>388888612
The second threads popped up spouting "LOL LE PUPPIES FUCK REDDIT FUCK FUCK" and shit, I had to go look up Destiny 1's trailers.

Wasn't surprised to find it's pretty much the exact same shit, there's no massive shift between Destiny 1 and Destiny 2's marketing. This place is full of the bottom of the barrel fucking invalids, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>388888809
Yeah, I loved the little quips they talk about. It's so cool! and deep and serious!!!!>>388888612
>>
>>388888743
>darkness fuckers
What, the Hive or the Taken?
>>388888809
>the game's first real teaser
Gotta get people interested, with a little mystery and ambiguity
Link the other two and see how wrong you are, faggot
>>
>>388888757
>boring as shit
>class that is actually unique and not just damage
>res, armor from melee, degens
>>
>>388888935

To be fair the first live action trailer is pretty laid back and okay. TTK's was not great, and D2's is fucking awful.

But it might be fucking awful because online marketing has changed in three years and they're milking Fillion? I dunno. It's sad. Their "Meet the ____" shorts are shit too.
>>
>>388888757
>Stormtrance coming back

I was about to be really mad until I realized they nerf'd melees.

Ionic Blink can eat a dick too
>>
>>388888612
Although I agree, using Japanese commercials isn't fair desu.
>>
>>388889130
Ionic blink is back too
>>
>>388889043
I have no problem with grenades or the melee. And I'm pretty sure those are still in D2. But explain to me how the super was fun? I guess it was cool running radiant skin in mayhem but that was about it.

>>388889130
Why they decided to reduce duration on landfall and not ionic blink I will never understand.
>>
>>388888996
Hive, Fallen, and Vex were all darkness fuckers. Hive/Taken is obvious. Fallen are chasing the Traveller because he left them to the Darkness. Vex worshipped a Dark God, and are time travelling Splicer Fallen.
Meanwhile the Cabal give zero fucks about the Dark and just wanna take over the Solar System.
>>
>>388876227
Damn, I capped it to 72 on my 1080TI for some reason. Maybe I should play at 140+ and see how it is.
>>
Is the melee ability on the Striker subclass for Titan just fucking useless? This is my first time playing the game I can't for the life of me figure out why I would ever use this. The long cooldowns only make it even worse.

At least the overshields for you and your teammates on Sentinel seems to have a shit ton of utility.
>>
>>388889338
MSAA was not properly optimized and was a cause for a lot of frame drops. Assuming you just set it to highest and didn't tinker with the settings it might have been that. Could have been the CPU tho, apparently the game is really good at utilizing multiple threads.
>>
>>388889245
>>388889258

I'll never forget that fucking patch.

>"woah guys, we noticed that Stormtrance is consistently getting the most kills per super activation! Don't worry though, we nerf'd the perk that we had already nerf'd previously and that barely anybody used and left the one that 95% of people were running the same!"

But in all honesty, it might not be as bad with everything except Nova being a roamer and energy weapons doing increased damage to roamers. We'll see.
>>
>>388889259
Lore-wise, the Cabal are the most fucked out of everybody, and tragically so
They're smack-dab in the middle of a war between everyone else who's basically immortal
>Guardians, who can revive themselves, and for whom there's Cabal intel of them dancing on Cabal corpses
>Hive/taken, who are essentially unlimited and have billions of years of ruthless infighting to harden themselves
>Vex, who are literally unlimited and trying to make themselves a metaphysical law of the universe
>The Fallen, who didn't have much at first, but now they've got NANOMACHINES SON that perfect their morphology and grant them immense power
Meanwhile, the Cabal are on a self-proclaimed war, and they're literally not allowed to go home unless they win.
Based on the above enemies they're fighting, they're never going home. Ever
>>
>>388889461
Also, does windowed borderless just not work? It just puts it in regular windowed for me.
>>
>>388889461
Try using it on a big group of trash mobs, like the Cabal war dogs
It'll kill them all instantly and recharge your grenade completely (both charges, if applicable)
>>
>>388889612
Bungie is the most retarded company I've ever encountered with patching their games. Literally every patch notes I read from d1 was rage inducing
>>
>>388889650
There's borderless windowed mode and fullscreen windowed mode. You want the latter even tho it sounds like a paradox.
>>
>>388889638
>He doesn't know
The Cabal in D1 were a fraction of a scouting fleet. It doesn't matter if the other factions get respawns, the Cabal have the numbers to crush all of them. Hell, one Cabal strike force nearly blew half the solar system up using the Dreadnaught's core.
>>
>>388889770
You must never played The Division then because Massive Entertainment is worse.
>>
>>388889461
Shoulder Charge? Ehhh.. It used to OHKO in D1 and was kind of cheap. It's actually really good still for movement and getting around corners, but it's a "panic" kind of thing. If you're surprised by someone and have it up, you can maybe put yourself in a position to get a kill. Follow up melee and a shot kills I think.

But yeah, use it for movement mainly.
>>
>>388889638
>Cabal intel of them dancing on Cabal corpses
what
>>
>>388889770
The biggest issue I have is how they don't even look back at the changes they've made. Special ammo being a great example of this. All through D1 they tried to balance PvP special weapons and because of it PvE suffered. But when they made the final step and made you loose all ammo on death they didn't even bother to go back and undo the changes that weren't even relevant anymore in PvP like the reserve ammo capacity.

I'm glad they decided on a fresh start so they could make fundamental changes which will hopefully require less retarded balancing decisions but who knows. Sometimes I feel like devs make balance changes just so people don't get bored.
>>
>>388889461
It's fucking shit in Destiny 2. In destiny 1 it was great the fact that I could wreck sniper faggots with a shoulder charge felt so good.
>>
Are you forced to group to do the PvE demo stuff? I want to try it but i dont want to have to go into some matchmaking or something.
>>
>>388889962

There's a grimoire card about the Cabal scouting teams watching Fireteams wipe out their compatriots even after dying to them (Ghosts revive), then dancing on their corpses and doing BMX tricks on their Sparrows. It's really funny.
>>
>>388889962
http://db.destinytracker.com/grimoire/enemies/cabal/ghost-fragment-cabal-4
>Blind Legion I Cohort/Century 3/Maniple 3
>5 Squad [HEAVY INF]
>TASK:
-> defend Psion intelligence ops 071x146
>OUTCOME:
>- overwhelmed by Guardian fireteam/Vex pressure. few survivors. survivors reported Guardians foraging for equipment, dancing, and performing acrobatics with light vehicles.
>>
>>388886937
now you know how it works retard
>>
>>388890190
>forced to group
yep, 90% of the time you will be grouped with other players.
>>
Why would it be worse?
Such a troll thread...
>>
>>388890190
The beta is over and only end game stuff and you can set it to where you can solo strikes and story missions.
>>
>>388890084
As I understand it, they basically balance the game with a spreadsheet. This is a good idea in theory with how much data they have, but the problem is that the end up balancing the game around the middle of the road retard who picks things at random and plays the game for three hours a week.

I would not be shocked at all if the data told them that Landfall was the perk to hit because a greater number of shitters were using it.
>>
File: 1496755578833.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1496755578833.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>388890289
>dancing, and performing acrobatics with light vehicles.

shoud've made that into a cutscene
>>
>>388866938
Compared to vanilla D1 at launch, yeah, the beta's boss wasn't remotely spongy.
>>
>>388890084
My all time favorite thing about that last patch was how nerfed the shit out of special drops in an effort to promote primary use but then at the same time added icebreaker back into the game.

Not joking when I say I have trouble telling whether or not bungie is serious or just fucking with their playerbase at times
>>
>>388888669
The Grimoire cards actually fleshed a lot of the back story out. Collecting and reading the lore in the calcified fragments during TTK expac was one of the most fun aspects of it. The Hive turned out to be the most interesting antagonists out of any in recent memory when it comes to video games. They're a species on a crusade across the universe pitching themselves against other species to prove they're worthy to survive the end of the universe. They believe that only through war and conflict do species earn the right to survive and thrive. Ankhara (the parasitic worms that give the hive immortality) are conduits for the darkness just as the Traveller is the conduit for the light. The darkness represents entropy to order, the light represents creation and chaos.
>>
>>388890541
IN FAIRNESS Icebreaker was actually added during The Dawning, which was like a month or so before the patch, maybe slightly longer. They were probably sandboxing those changes in the dev environment at that point though, so it's still pretty bad.

I'm shocked they brought back Icebreaker period. They had previously said that it lead to a ton of problems and got around the way they designed encounters. This was an A Team dev though. The "Live Team" who has been in charge of the game since Taken Spring seems to just be that dumb.
>>
why do people like this game? Serious question. Looks like ass
>>
File: IMG_9161.jpg (74KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9161.jpg
74KB, 640x479px
>>388890572
>I will live forever
>I have made sure of it
>>
>>388890932
It is ass. Anyone that put hours into the first knows this.
>>
>>388890932
The core gameplay is tight as fuck, abilities are fun, the world is open and believable, and the fun factor is massively multiplied when played with friends (more so than most games)
>>
>>388890781
Yeah the live team were the retarded ones. Probably why the most fun I had in crucible was in the chaotic clusterfuck that was vanilla
>>
>>388891184
Go back to your containment thread faggot
>>
>>388891321
>asks a question
>gets an answer
>FUCK OFF
I'm sorry, did you just want an affirmation of your negative opinion by an anonymous stranger?
That's kind of pathetic
>>
>>388891087
Really the only reason it was ass is the massive reworking of the story 6 months before release. They were going gor something marathon-esque, you could tell by reading the Grimoire. Instead we got this stripped down mess because someone in Activision decided that the player base wouldn't understand it (probably because they were trying to market the game to CoD kiddies). I think they realised their mistake and tried to correct it with TTK but the damage was already done. Then we got nanomachines, fucking stupid.
>>
>>388891321
>why do people like the game? serious question
>here's why i like it
>go away faggot

Nice.
>>
>>388891423
>getting tilted from generic comment

Welcome to 4chan
>>
>>388873012
That's not how framerate works
>>
>>388891423
No one cares what autist Bungie sycophants think.
>>
Not enough for nfo right now to know. From what we got, I think the gun play feels a bit smoother and the addition of a wider fov and mouse was nice
>>
File: 200.gif (2MB, 286x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
2MB, 286x200px
>Getting hyped for a sequel to a game that was considered one of the biggest disapointments in the year it released
>>
File: IMG_9176.png (3KB, 203x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9176.png
3KB, 203x188px
>>388891652
>the only people who disagree with me are either stupid or paid/incentivized to do so
How do you autists function in real life?
>>
>>388891770
>the only people who disagree with me are either stupid or paid/incentivized to do so
On this topic yes. Go back to your general faggot.
>>
>>388891759
>when it was released
You're aware it's had three years to improve, right?
>inb4 IT'S STILL SHIT LOL
Yeah okay buddy
>>
>>388891770
By not being a phoneposter.
>>
File: 1297819750335.gif (931KB, 210x118px) Image search: [Google]
1297819750335.gif
931KB, 210x118px
>>388891759
It is unfortunately also one of the most popular and enduring games released in that year.
>>
File: IMG_0797.jpg (46KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0797.jpg
46KB, 500x342px
>>388891870
>positive opinions go on /vg/
>liking anything is expressly forbidden on /v/
>>
>>388891870
>>388891879

Why even ask the question then if you already know your answer then faggot? How about you go get your circle jerk somewhere else?
>>
>>388863701
Beta could've used a lot more PvE missions, people don't focus on PvP in Destiny

It's probably gonna end up with fun activities and raids locked behind a DLC paywall anyways
>>
>>388892020
Go back to your general cancerous shithead
>>
>>388876662
First and second columns are the same in both games. Two of the columns in D1 are stat boosts, which are now tied to armor. This leaves 4 columns with three nodes each in D1 (The top node just means you have super and melee), and you have 2 groups of 4 skills in D2. It's not that much of a difference, it just changes the way you can mix and match skills making the builds more static, but probably allows the builds to be more varied because each skill does not need to work with every other skill.
>>
File: 1495225266961.jpg (45KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1495225266961.jpg
45KB, 500x479px
>>388891874
>haha jokes on you I bought the dlc to a shit game to bring it up to a mediocre one
>>
>>388892086
>just...just leave already!

I'm sorry Anon, I suggest putting on some earmuffs and sitting in a quiet room, my cousin is autistic and this helps calm him down. DO NOT START HITTING YOURSELF, that's bad :(
>>
>>388879814
>character customization
>skill customization

Not at all the same, skills in a tree =/= choosing the visual look of my character
>>
>>388885893
Did dunemarchers chain melee damage before?
>>
>>388876662
it's the exact same, plus theres a hidden tree you can see in the background on line goes to
>>
>>388892270
Nah, just increased sprint distance and "tighter turn radius"(turned sensitivity up to 10 when not ADS'ing). Melee thing is new.
>>
>>388892183
Leave. I bet you are one of these faggots that FUCKING love your exo titan?
>>
How does IGN already have a 9/10 score out?

Aren't these cucks embargoing the reviews and discrediting anyone who might be critical of it like with Destiny?
>>
>>388871494
i also felt the PC was easier
>>
>>388892497
Review copies, for which servers opened a little earlier
Some websites are smart and have said they won't review the game unless they beat or at least ATTEMPT the raid
But IGN's gotta get dem sick page views, bruh
>>
>>388863701
Impossible to day until we actually have some time with the cyclical game. Patrols, Nightfalls, Raids, these things are the meat of the game and we haven't played them yet.

So ask again in a month.
>>
>>388892761
Rational posting ain't allowed here, son
Only rampant shitposting and negativity
>>
>>388892761
>Raids

Raid, there's only one at launch.
>>
>play that PvE mode with two strangers
>do well till boss
>they both die several times
>after 5 retries one of them disconnect
>me and other dude keep playing
>even though we are doing better than if we had the other guy, the dude still dies really fast
>with a inch of the boss health left, the dude dies again, I try to revive him but mob gets me
>close game out of rage

Its probably fun with competent people.
The gameplay was pretty good.
It was fun killing everything as a Hunter but I'm sure as hell not buying this game.
>>
>>388892909
But more will be released as the game goes on, just like the first game
>>
>>388893028
And, most likely just like the first game, only one will be relevant at a time. There's no use in saying "raids" when you're not going to be playing more than one at a time.
>>
>>388892669
Yea I've heard that before

"Review our game after 10 hours of playtime and take in the experience"

It was nothing. Absolutely, NOTHING.

"Review our game after 20 hours, it's a whole different thing"

And they were right. It was different when you're high level. And when the Raid is over and you've gotten past the rng loot bs and you're adrenaline goes down. It's easy to say again.

It's fucking nothing.
>>
>>388892909
True, but you know what I mean
>>
>>388893012
I really don't like to be this guy, but PC players are fucking ass compared to console players at the moment. I played the strike 5+ times on console and I don't think we wiped once. I was last alive during the last phase of the boss every time I tried it on PC.

Just gotta wait for people to git gud I guess. Shouldn't take long, PVE really isn't that hard, although shit does kind of get chaotic when the boss loses his head if you haven't been careful about killing adds.
>>
>>388892358
Oh, nice, so they are reworking old exotics then. At least it will play differently if nothing else.
>>
>>388893127
There were two relevant raids and POE in Year 1 and at the end of Rise of Iron everything was relevant. It would be annoying if we only have one relevant raid to play again, but hopefully they've learned from their mistakes.
>>
I think there's more reasons to release a new revision of ultra street fighter 2 with parries than fucking Destiny 2
>>
>>388863701

Hard to say since the beta was so short but I like what I've seen and I played a ton of the first game.
>>
>>388863804
How could it have less content? The complaints I heard from the first was one raid on release and lack of single player content strung out by a largish grind
>>
File: IMG_9089.jpg (14KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9089.jpg
14KB, 262x192px
>>388893139
>once you've done everything, there's nothing!
>>
>>388892669
The best was when Daredevil the show came out and the poor guy was binge watching and writing quick reviews just so they could be the first.
>>
>>388893190
This is true but I understand. I did the strike many times this week and had a lot of teammates who I can tell didn't know they can revive themselves after X seconds. I don't blame them.

>>388893012
Dealing with this kind of situation comes with practice. If a player dies in a terrible spot just wait for the respawn timer to end and they'll (hopefully) revive themselves. If you're a Titan put up your wall or Ward of Dawn next to where they died so that you can revive them. Use your crowd control abilities (grenades, mostly) to disrupt enemies so that you can safely revive. You should also practice reviving while moving, for example sprinting in a tight circle while holding the revive button down. I bound the interact button to one of my mouse buttons to make that easier.

In a boss fight, for a strike at least, even the worst teammate is useful as something else for the boss to shoot at.
>>
>>388893302
The majority of Destiny's life only had one raid relevant, you knew exactly what I meant. The game launching with only one raid the same structure of DLC seems to be pointing to a similar setup for relevancy in regards to raids.
>>
>>388893621
Just being realistic I'm inclined to agree with you, but I think they saw how well received Age of Triumph was and will try to keep all of the game's content rewarding somehow going forward. I might just be optimistic.
>>
>>388874186
Whaaaat. We saw one guy, ONE GUY outside of the people we already know. Fucking Gary.

D1 had the members of the Reef, the Pirate Queen and her brother, the Evil Heart in the garden (???), then we saw both the brother and sister wiped out in a second by this guy whose son we killed, and he blew a fucking massive hole into Saturns rings. Then, nothing, really. Cept the fucking stupid shit story out of the red mist nanobot crap, albiet some really fucking sweet art.

s
But no, yeah, D2 is shaping up to be amazing.
/s

Look, I enjoyed D1 a bunch, but I'm not going to immediately put on the fanboy goggles and ignore the stupid shit I see and try to delude myself into seeing something of substance being presented to me.
>>
>>388874186
You're fucking delusional mate.

It's the EXACT SAME SHIT. It's the same scam all over agin
>>
both are fucking shit
Thread posts: 385
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.