[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Punishment for pirates?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: the-pirate-bay.jpg (78KB, 708x472px) Image search: [Google]
the-pirate-bay.jpg
78KB, 708x472px
Any suggestions?

>keep in mind that piracy is defeated on current gen consoles...only us PC kukks
>>
death
>>
good games
>>
>>388862315

Make an exact duplicate of the pirate, and then kill the duplicate
>>
>>388862315
Make it so it's more convenient to buy the game than it is to pirate the game.
>>
no access to paid mods
>>
>>388862315
make 'em walk the plank.
>>
>>388862315
Make shit games that no one will want to pirate. Oh wait....
Also, if you genuinely, unironically believe piracy is harming anything in any way, you're either still a child, or mentally handicapped. Either way, seek help.
>>
poke an eye out and chop off a leg from the knee
>>
"piracy is a service problem" -gaben
just because he doesn't believe it anymore, doesn't make it less true
>>
File: 1503619824585.jpg (134KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1503619824585.jpg
134KB, 1080x1283px
>>388862717
More like an overpricing problem

Imagine payin $60 to watch a film

Keep in mind most games are now 6 hours long (length if 2 films).... so they should all be $20
>>
I haven't bought a game in years and i fucking wish i could actually damage the industry just so that we wouldn't have stupid shit like dabbing mario and persona the edgyhog

Suck my dick, moralfags
>>
>>388862315
do what they did to me
dont issue a copywrite notice for over a month and let it build up so theres over 6 at once and it gets your internet shut off for 6 months unless you change providers
but the only other provider is at&t and the internet caps out at 750kb/s
i miss 10mb/s
>>
>>388862995
Owning a home movie actually did used to cost that much.
>>
>>388862315
Create intrusive DRM that every publisher will come to use eventually.
>>
>>388862315
there was a time when piracy was ok
fucking faggets
>>
>>388862665
I do wonder about this. I too am inclined to believe that most people who pirate wouldn't buy the game anyway, but has any research actually been done on this?
>>
>>388862315
They should be forced to live with their dream waifu for all eternity, the bastards
>>
>>388863893
this. it's the ultimate punishment.
>>
>>388862717
if everything was on netflix or hulu i wouldnt need to pirate
>>
>>388862562
An eye for an eye makes everyone a one eyed willy
>>
>>388862315
You realize, that as long as pc has had software, pirates have existed, just about every solution you could think of, has been tried, and has not succeeded in the long term. Stopping piracy is like stopping the tide, it just aint going to happen
>>
>>388862315

Punishments for making already risky choice?

You get what you pay for and you pay for what you get.

If you want to download it via P2P on a major Honeypot for copyright holders who will complain to your ISP then that's on you.

That's not even considering if it's malware infested, buggy, playable, dolphin pr0n, etc.

I just wait for games to get to that $20-25 sweet spot for a major AAA title or $10-15 for a good indie.

But even then if I an find a 100% solid pirated copy, I'm going that route.

Path of least financial resistance and all that.
>>
How about you release quality games at fair prices with no DRM (that includes Steam)
That'll show em
>>
>>388862315
Make good games
>>
>not using the hypothetical chance to punish cheaters in online games
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.