[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is capcom fucking retarded?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: image.png (239KB, 335x449px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
239KB, 335x449px
>redownload street fighter 5
>buy new character with fight money
>Menat
>do crouching light kick
>your ENTIRE CALF GOES THROUGH THE OPPONENT

HOW TE FUCK DO YOU FUCK UP THIS FUCKING BAD? IT SHOULD BE SO FUCKING EASY TO LINE UP HIT BOXES TO A CHARACTER. 30 YEARS CAPCOM. 30 YEARS OF STREET FIGHTER, AND YOU CANT FCKING MAKE A HITBOX MATCH A FUCKING CHARACTER.

I mean like okay, light kicks that end at an ankle? Okay fine, I get it. But a calf. A part of your fucking leg.

Test this out yourself guys. Crouching light kick with Menat. I've done this with chun Li. So either chun lis leg doesn't have a fucking hurt box, or this character is broken on the fundamental level.
>>
Another thing, why does it take SOOOO FUCKING LONG to get ONE character out, but their hitboxes are fucked?

You are honestly not trying capcom. You aren't trying with street fighter. You aren't trying with marvel vs capcom infinite. You haven't even released ANY details on the free dlc for resident evil 7? Dlc that was supposed to come out February?

Let me get this straight. You can rush out sloppy paid dlc but you wanna make us wait WITH NO NEWS for free dlc? Really?

Fuck you. You can literally suck my dick. You can actually fellate me.
>>
ok
>>
Shut up and post Menat
>>
File: image.png (354KB, 641x538px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
354KB, 641x538px
Oh my god and MAKENORMAL GRABS HAVE TE SAME FUCKING REACH!!! I'm all the way over here with Menat to do her normal grab, but for Alex I have to be INSIDE someone!

FIX YOUR GAME! FIX YOUR FUCKING COMPANY!

FIX IT FUCKING NOW!
>>
File: tZ5Is.jpg (8KB, 307x230px) Image search: [Google]
tZ5Is.jpg
8KB, 307x230px
>>388857757
Why is this bird so angry?
>>
>>388858427
Do you seriously not care?

You will argue street fighter isn't a shit game but te second anyone gives fucking proof, well at least it has waifus.

Do you even have this game? Boot it up, pick Menat, and do crouching light kick against chun Li. Then do a grab from the farthest possible distance. THEN pick Alex and do a normal grab from the furthest possible distance.

You will get just as mad as me.
>>
>>388858754
I'm getting DBFZ. Don't worry it's paid off and is preordered.

I am debating sfv/capcoms current position. What do you think of it?
>>
File: image.png (379KB, 640x663px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
379KB, 640x663px
Seriously? No fucking debate?

No shitposts?

Nothing?

Whenever I make a duck capcom thread it ALWAYS gets ignored but hey make a thread with a single sentence saying "teehee are you getting function vs fiction infinite" and people will eat that shit up.

I miss pre-neo /v/.
>>
>>388859729

People don't actually play games dude, that's why complaints here are usually political shit
>>
>>388858889
no I don't have the game because I knew it would be shit from the get-go

I don't give a shit about the garbage game so just post more of the slut
>>
>>388857757
You do realize hitbox size and positioning are more about gameplay balance and less about it lining up flawlessly with the model, yes?
>>
>>388860641
It's a LIGHT ATTACK. Meant for... Oh I don't know poking? Baiting? Punishing long frame attacks? FOOTSIES?

If the hitbox not even lining up at the fucking ankle, then why make it reach so far in animation? How does it balance it? Why not just balance special moves instead? Why not balance hit confirms?

Once again, it's a light attack, so why make it go so far in animation, but have it end at te calf. My leg is INSIDE yours. How is that fair to me? How does that give ME an advantage in a game about positioning and punishing?
>>
>>388861695
Some characters have worse normals than others to compensate for better setplay, oki, and other things. The hitbox being disjointed is annoying but nothing near as bad from anything but an aesthetic angle as you say it is.
>>
>>388861695
Art team does the art (model, textures, animations).
Gameplay team does size, reach, and damage of each move. This shit is subject to change at any point in time due to balance concerns.
They both work at the same time from concept sketches.
When shit is finished it doesn't line up perfectly, instead of having one team redo their shit they decide to ship it because surely nobody will lose their sleep over clipping in a fighting game. And I guarantee you that's far from the only hitbox in the game that doesn't line up with the model.
>>
>>388862393
I know there are more, but tey are so focused on getting this shit out, but it takes so long, with no news as to WHEN and then they just slap it together, real ease it and say "yeah this is prime product right here. Perfectly made!"
>>
>>388863121
>they just slap it together, real ease it
I don't think you're paying attention. This shit is par for the course. Not just in this game, but in many others. It costs a lot of man-hours to redo animations like that, man-hours that could be spent making new content, and the gameplay balance team needs the flexibility of being able to make adjustments to size and reach of moves without being constrained by the viability of redoing animations.
>>
>>388857757
You

don't

have

to

talk

this
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.