[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nintendo ordered to pay $10M following Wii patent infringement suit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: lawsuit-waggle-490.jpg (24KB, 490x320px) Image search: [Google]
lawsuit-waggle-490.jpg
24KB, 490x320px
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/nintendo_ordered_to_pay_usd10_million_following_patent_lawsuit_loss
>>
it's over, how can nintendo pay up when they are already on the brink of bankruptcy
>>
>>388855497
Please no NINTENDOOMED bullshit. I just wanted to bring attention to the matter, as I find it a tad bit shitty that iLife was able to win.

The Wii lasted about ten years before the suit was brought up.
>>
>>388855497
Besides, 10M is a piss in the bucket for Nintendo.
>>
>>388855305
>infringed a patent belonging to iLife Technologies Inc. related to detecting if a person has fallen down

What game is this?
>>
>>388855305
>company won even eleven years after the system was released and marketed with the motion control
That's fucking retarded and anyone with a brain would laugh in their face.
>>
>>388856513
That's what I'm trying to say. All that time and iLife was snoozing or something. Same with the camera patent infringement pertaining 3DS technology. Why wait all these years to take action? Let alone fucking win, regardless of how much time has passed.
>>
>>388856513

Anon, this is America. They'll sue you for anything. Remember the guy who wanted millions for his pants?
>>
>>388855305
>10 million dollars

So cheaper than it cost to design and develop the Switch? They will be fine.
>>
>Google ILife
>Its Apple

Is this a joke?
Patents in America are a fucking joke and nearly China tier
>>
>>388857062
I'd reject them based on the time alone. One year or two, I can understand. But more than ten? Fuck off.

>>388857163
Actually never heard of that one. Gimme the tl;dr?
>>
>>388856513
That's American patent law for you. It's no coincidence that Nintendo's American branch is the usual target for so many of these cases.

Anyway, NoA is going to drown this case in appeals until these guys either shut up or walk away with a slightly smaller settlement jackpot, so nothing's really going to change.
>>
Patent trolls are subhuman.
>>
>>388855979
you know good and well you wanted another shitposting thread
>>
>>388857315
Not him, but https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pearson_v._Chung

>Black lawyer brings pants to a dry cleaner
>Koreans lose the pants for a few days and offer them back late
>Black guy says the pants aren't his and keeps demanding thousands in compensation
>Koreans refuse
>Black guy sues for $67 million in damages "for inconvenience, mental anguish, and attorney's fees for representing himself"
He obviously lost, but this shit shouldn't happen regardless.
>>
>letting a jury vote on patent law

american legal system really is retarded.
>>
File: 1487524489576.jpg (47KB, 600x522px) Image search: [Google]
1487524489576.jpg
47KB, 600x522px
>>388858206
>67M for pants

Holee fuk
>>
>>388855305

>apple being so assmad at nintendo switch they are suing over menial shit to steal some breadcrumbs from nintendo

fucking pathetic
>>
File: 7lpD7Uk.jpg (345KB, 1369x1497px) Image search: [Google]
7lpD7Uk.jpg
345KB, 1369x1497px
>>388858851
First the NAND chips, now this. The absolute state of Apple.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.