[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is better than both WoW and FFXIV, yet no one here

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: gw2.png (221KB, 700x543px) Image search: [Google]
gw2.png
221KB, 700x543px
This game is better than both WoW and FFXIV, yet no one here talks about it. Why?
>>
>>388847031
Because it's shit and not better than those games
>>
File: 1503909632705.jpg (60KB, 901x719px) Image search: [Google]
1503909632705.jpg
60KB, 901x719px
Because it's our hidden gem. Keep your mouth shut.
>>
>>388847128
>pve raid mmos
>good
>>
Because it's bad
>>
>>388847128
fpbp
/thread
>>
Because muh essjaydubyou
>>
>>388848650
Imagine how shit GW2 is
>>
>>388848810
it's the only good RvR MMO out right now, so i don't know where you're going with this
>>
>>388848650
>pvp in mmos
It's like you want to play games made from the scum found under your shit encrusted toilet seat.
>>
>>388848902
>imblying the counter-option to pve raiding is pvp
???
>>
This game is a travesty and an insult to GW1
>>
>>388847031
Because GW1 was better
>>
>>388847031
because MMOs are fucking trash and so is this thread
>>
>>388848934
How is it not? Is this how delusional GW2 players are? If you fucking say "MUH STORY," you're just solidifying my point that you have absolute garbage taste.
>>
>>388847031
>nihilism simulator
>better than anything
It almost works the same as a screensaver.
>>
>>388849034
>SWG and DAOC were trash games in 2003
i don't think so, hunny
>>
>>388847031
It's got some very good points and some very very bad points.

Honestly, the problem was they were too modest. Most games that came out to be the WOW killer failed because WoW was just more polished...GW2 was more polished than WoW. The graphics were better, the map design was nuts, the animations were the best in any MMO...The problem was they were so pussy of saying 'were the next WoW'... they kept say "Look we're not competing with them"

"Look we're going to strip out core MMO elements like the trinity to prove we're different"

"Look action combat look at this roll! This is a good roll!"

"NO fighting, this is a game where players can't interact because interaction allows briefing and briefing is bad!"

"NO loot difference what so ever, all the items in the game have basically the same stats for a level range! No competition, only love!!!"

Just like the developers the game itself became castrated, and went from something that could eaten WoW alive, and be sitting at 5M active users right now... to a sorta 'niche' barbie dress up simulator game that a few people play for a month when bored before quitting and coming back years later.
>>
>>388847031
Moslt faggots just like the wow ff14 game formula more but they are not better games
>>
>>388849253
*griefing*
>>
>>388848902
Regardless of that, GW2's PvP is superior to either of those games.
>>
>>388849253
>"Look we're going to strip out core MMO elements like the trinity to prove we're different"
>core MMO elements
Inb4 gear
>>
>>388849389
>Dog shit is better than cat shit!
This is literally you.
>>
GW2 is the only modern MMO with a relatively horizontal progression so you can't really compare it with either of those games.
>>
>>388847031
i would play it if i had time for more than 1 MMORPG

FFXIV is a must to me so theres no way im replacing it
>>
I kind of like it because it's very quick, feels more ARPG than other MMOs, I only played vanilla but it didn't take long to reach lvl 80 and i'm a super casual MMO player.
>>
>>388847993
Yeah you wouldn't want the /vg/ thread going to shit, now would you? :^)
>>
>>388847993
>hidden
??
>gem
???????????????
>>
>>388849510
I like GW2 anon but I agree with this guy.
If you want superior Player vs Player action, there are non-MMO titles out there without the LCD-restraint of shit MMO combat out there that have better multiplayer.
Like know which game has even BETTER PvP than GW2? Fucking League of Legends.

GW2 does some things well and some things poorly and most of the things it does well came 3 years too late. Path of Fire looks fun but the simple issue is that ANet doesn't know how to into Cash Shop properly and they've got a helluva hill to climb to convince people that this new expansion's PvE is worthwhile without forcing them to sit down and try it.

On the other hand, the mounts look cute and fun as fuck
https://youtu.be/yLwuXBp6URQ?t=65
>>
>>388847031
>>>/r/Guildwars2/
>>
>start playing necro after not playing forever
>spec into reaper, shit is fun
>hit HoT and the fun stops in its tracks
idk man
>>
>>388847031
Stop fucking shilling this garbage because the expansion is coming soon. The game isn't good. I quit it last year for better games, came back for the POF previews and stress tests. It's still the same hot garbage it was last year. Don't kid yourself with new elite specs or mounts--these can be found in any other game.

In the 5 or so years since GW2 has been released, there's STILL PROBLEMS that they don't know how to fix. PVP is a mess right now with no attention or promise to change it. The story is gay as fuck. The core mechanics of the game has devolved into whack a mole with 25 buttons for you to smash off cooldown. The UI and menus are still a chore to navigate with leddit complaining every day about still not having build templates you can save and swap to.

For a game called GUILD WARS there's still no guild wars to be found in pvp. Anyone with half a brain who have played MMOs knows to stay away from shit like this or better yet, stay away from the genre.
>>
>>388850706
It's pretty explicitly designed to be picked up for half an hour a day.
It's just a different type of MMO altogether.
FFXIV and WoW are designed to be huge time sinks for dedicated leveling and basically living a second-life

Vanilla and Living Story GW2 is the most theme park mmo in that you do what you want and the game tries not to punish you for a lack of commitment (with a handful of exceptions)

The only content you need to really dedicate time to are the following:
Fractals
Raids
Legendary and Ascended gear
Competitive PvP
The first expansion's Meta-Map events

Path of Fire looks like they finally fucking got some design discipline to just focus on a handful of EXISTING (not more new features, sorry Colin) and add more content to them
>>
>>388851326

It still drives me up the fucking wall that they have no build templates for PvP or even fucking Dungeon balance fixes.
Like all the decisions they make regarding the base game are the most shallow ones, the ones that are just in terms of rewards and not, you know, content?

On the other hand, the mounts in PoF really don't feel like the normal speed boost you get in FFXIV or WoW. They feel more like entirely other game mechanics but largely sectioned off from the combat.
I'm still mad we don't get any interesting, KH2-style contextual action Combat masteries. They've basically said they're just going to do Exploration masteries, ie the Castlevania format.
>>
File: super rad.png (146KB, 356x256px) Image search: [Google]
super rad.png
146KB, 356x256px
>>388848974
>tfw theres a timeline out there somewhere where gw2 was actually a sequel to guild wars
>we got this shit instead
>>
>>388851823
Gameplay is shit and they only care about the gemstore.
If theres a problem with the game the shills/devs will say "you dont have to play it" instead of actually having a conversation to fix it.
mfw that everytime someone has a complaint on the forums its always the same drones defending anet derailing the thread so mods have to shut it down.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.