[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, is it worth the price?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: htc-vive-large-1.png (538KB, 1500x900px) Image search: [Google]
htc-vive-large-1.png
538KB, 1500x900px
So, is it worth the price?
>>
i don't think so, which is why i haven't bought one

so i could be totally wrong
>>
Kinda, now more VR gamea are coming up.

And talking about VR games i have my doubt's using VR in a Bethesda game thanks how they work.
>>
File: 1502856351262.jpg (111KB, 702x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502856351262.jpg
111KB, 702x1024px
Ive had a lot of fun with mine.

You feel like you're testing the stuff though. It's a finished product, but the state of games feels early, that being said there are some major hitters that make it 100% worth the purchase and then some.
>>
I can't bring myself to spend as much as a brand new game console for a platform that just doesn't have complex gameplay experiences as you would find on a real console.

It's tempting but I know in my head that the software robustness for someone 20+ years as a video game player is not there.
>>
$1600 for tech demos and phone games
>is it worth the price?
sure
>>
File: dog_dollhouse.jpg (57KB, 606x592px) Image search: [Google]
dog_dollhouse.jpg
57KB, 606x592px
>>388843771
>$1600

Lmaoing at you.

HMD bundle is $600 or cheaper now, and you don't need a $1000 pc to play in VR at all, not even close and besides, if you don't already have a pc capable of playing games, what are you doing with your life.
>>
motion sickness was an issue for me at first... didnt really get ultra sick, but moving without teleportation locomotion felt very uncomfortable, while teleportation itself can be quite the immersion breaker.
can say though that im very much getting used to it now, can play free movement games for hours without issues. turning around with the stick still feels a bit weird though.
playing is a blast now.
>>
No. Not even with the pricecut.
>Oculus/Rift has newer cheaper products coming late this year or next year
>ChinkVR/JapVR have the same performance but cheaper
The only way this expensive accessory is even worth it if it is in the $200 range but for me, I'll seriously consider getting one if it is $250.
>>388843972
>you don't need a $1000 pc to play in VR at all, not even close and besides, if you don't already have a pc capable of playing games, what are you doing with your life.
You are nearing max of what your PC could do even if you have a 6GB 1060. Yes you can VR with the 1060 or even lower but if you're gonna buy a new PC for VR and you have those specs, then you will be forced to upgrade earlier than buying >$1k PC.
>>
>>388843265
that's why they're remaking them for VR, they have to change how they work
>>
>>388842928
Yes.
>>
>>388842928
No, having owned one I would say with for 2nd or third gen. Basically whenever they get the resolution sorted out because the poor graphics quality just isn't worth the experience at the moment.

For example, playing Project Cars at 4k looks almost photo realistic.
But when played in vr a lot of the graphics have been taken out for some reason and it looks like some 2002 tier graphics.
>>
>>388846660
>a lot of the graphics have been taken out for some reason
It's not really a mystery.
You need to render the scene for each eye and then you need to apply some deformation stuff.
Waiting for next gen won't solve the best VR headset graphics = best monitor graphics for this exact reason.
>>
>>388846660
>for some reason
No shit nigga.
VR needs higher framerate, higher resolution, and double the rendering.
You need a really beefy PC that pull that off, and it just isn't feasible at the moment.
It's the same shit that's always happened with PC gaming, you get to choose if you want lower graphics or higher resolution, except in VR lower resolution causes an annoying screendoor effect, and lower framerate just plain makes you sick. Graphic fidelity is the first one on the list to go down.
>>
>>388842928
can I fuck my waifu yet?
>>
VR is not consumer ready yet. Devices are okay-ish, but there is no software. I'm using these for work, but as of right now, they are not worth the asking price if you do not intend to make your own content.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.