[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is nobody talking about this game? it comes out in a week

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: Unknown.jpg (24KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
24KB, 238x212px
why is nobody talking about this game? it comes out in a week and the perfect cross over of Pokemon and monster hunter... is there something wrong with it?
>>
is it just that the "people" on /v/ just are not interested in this game?
>>
>>388836264
It's not out yet and everyone who wants it has already played the demo.
>>
>>388837161
I guess that makes since but iv seen people on here arguing about games weeks before it comes out before...
>>
>>388836264
I played the heck out of the demo and want the full game, but not Day 1. Too caught up in revisiting the entire .hack series for one thing. Secondly, I'm still knee deep in Ever Oasis. I haven't the free time or focus for yet another rpg.
>>
Sure I'm gonna get it, but it's a very easy RPG aimed at kids. I'd be surprised if even half of the MH fanbase cares about it.
>>
>>388836264
>the perfect cross over of Pokemon and monster hunter... is there something wrong with it?
It's not the perfect cross over of Pokemon and monster hunter and there is plenty of wrong with it.

For starters, I wish the combat in this game had half the depth Pokemon has.

>but anon, Pokemon combat has almost no depth!
And yet my previous statement stands. Only goes to show how bad it is in this game.
>>
>>388836264
Should've been XX, literally no one in my hunting group will buy stories.
>>
>>388837890
I wasn't too hot on the super simple combat until I actually played the demo. For as much of a snorefest as the game is to watch, it's really engaging once you're actually playing it.
>>
Also:
>its yet another create your own mute personality-less MC rpg
Thats always off-putting to me in purely single-player rpgs.
>>
It's on 3DS.
>>
File: 1469760435680.png (247KB, 596x507px) Image search: [Google]
1469760435680.png
247KB, 596x507px
>>388836264
>MFW i tried hard to be a hunter, but in the end i am a rider
This was always my fate in MH.
>>
>>388838228
MC is expressive as fuck, make up for being mute.
>>
>>388838228
I don't get this issue. That's basically the entire role-playing aspect of the game. The entire point is to self-insert, if your character had a personality they may as well just be another character.
>>
>>388836264
There isn't much to argue about when it comes to this game so /v/ ignores it. You can't compare it to other game so fanboys can't fight. It's coming out for single platform so no console wars. PC doesn't get it so the most retarded 3rd world poorfags can't access it.
>>
>>388836264
It's just not that great man.
>>
By the way this game looks good. Like really fucking good. As in: "I'd long since forgotten the 3DS was supposed to be a step above the PSP in terms of graphics good how is this game even running."
>>
>>388836264
I don't give two shits about Pokemon: Rathalos Version.

If Capcom wants my money, localize XX.
>>
>>388838123
>it's really engaging once you're actually playing it.
For a while, and then it starts to get extremely boring and repetitive at an astonishing rate.

I can see why someone who only played the demo would be excited about this game but you'll know from experience that I am right before long. Until that happens, have fun with it as I did, for like 3 hours.
>>
>>388836264
I'd rather have gotten XX...

Another reason is that the partner cat looks really ugly, I don't want to have to watch his face the entire game. I've heard that there are costumes that hide his face, so I guess it somewhat clears that one.
All in all, though, not interested enough in the game to buy it.
>>
>>388838615
>Opinions
>>
>>388838676
>opinions of someone who only played the demo versus opinions of someone who played the game
I wonder which one knows more what he is talking about.
>>
>>388838615
Have you played normal MH a lot before?
>>
>>388837775
>can finally have my own Kut-ku.

Bet you ass i'm interested.

>>388837890
Pokemon is shallow and boring as fuck, whatever novelty it had worn off a decade and a half ago
>>
>>388838906
Ignore that guy, he's not the one you replied to, I am. I don't think I'll lose interest, I already played the demo for 12 hours and I just keep going back to it.
>>
>>388838934
Not a lot. About 200 hours in the entire series which is obviously almost nothing considering people put 5x that into a single game let alone the series as a whole.
>>
>>388836264
>why is nobody talking about this game?
Navirou, "monsties" and the general tone and writing that insist on being strictly for kids instead for all ages.

Also stealing monster eggs needed to be 10 times more interesting.
>>
>>388839095
I guess that explains why you got bored of stories, you are a hunter.
>>
>>388839153
>Insist to be for kids
>Someone mom got crushed to death 10 minutes after the game started
Yeah, right.
>>
>>388839153
Ido really hate "monsties" and the cats are ugly as sin
>>
>>388836264
>flopped in a region that mh sells like hotcakes

unless europeans buy it it's going to sell like shit
>>
>>388839729
It's really only the main cat that's ugly.
>>
File: Notatoomkang.png (25KB, 510x544px) Image search: [Google]
Notatoomkang.png
25KB, 510x544px
Framerate is ass and unstable.
It's alright other than that though, you'll get a couple hours of entertainment out of it.
>>
>>388840142
nut he's stuck to you the whole game he's an ugly navi
>>
>game looks like a nice cutesy romp in the Monster Hunter world
>village is attacked, and childhoods friend's mom gets squashed, while cute little monster you just picked up falls off a cliff
Can't say I saw that coming
>>
>>388839172
I'm not a hunter, I much prefer turn based games so that's not why I got bored of stories, I got bored of it because the combat is extremely shallow and boils down to a very simplistic rock paper scissor. Theoretically that can be said for a lot of turn based rpg out there but this one takes it to a whole new level.
One of the interesting features of the game is gathering different kind of monsters but a lot of them only look different but as far as battling is concerned they are pretty much the same with different skins, and I don't say that lightly.
The only thing to look forward to in a battle are the ride on animations which are really well done but it's only a matter of time until you've seem most of them and it's too small a thing to carry an entire game on its back.

"Capturing" monsters is extremely repetitive. It's the same every single time and had like no thought put into it. You can tell they even tried to start something with the weight/color of the eggs or having a monster in the den and all but it feels like they dropped it midway and we we're left with a half finished system that doesn't really save the snorefest that is going to get an egg for the 20th+ time.

The story is about what you would expect of a children oriented anime so take of that what you will. Nobody is really playing this for the story anyway. The whole problem is that the things people ARE playing it for are all massive disappointments.

Soundtrack starts off really good when they throw at you the few best osts in the game right at the beginning and then it's a free fall from there. It quickly goes down to forgettable and bland.

For good points I suppose the game looks very good, doesn't run all that bad at all (at least on my new3ds) and the armor sets look very nice but the merit for the design falls to the other monster hunter games I suppose. Speaking of armor sets the way they actually impact your character is very minimal.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.