[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G-man is actually Gordon Freeman.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: Gordon-freeman.jpg (334KB, 500x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gordon-freeman.jpg
334KB, 500x720px
I wonder how HL lorefags haven't found the truth yet, it took me 2 secs to think about this is issue and realise who really G-man is.

>Gordon Freeman
>G-man -> G -> Gordon -> Man -> Freeman
>G-man randomly appears to help or give orders to Gordon that seems to be the exact right thing to do in that situation, not just that but he is capable of maniplating time -> end of HL2. He is a time manipulator/traveler.
>G-man is future Gordon Freeman, but he looks older, stressed, and worried, well he went trough a lot of shit.
Now look at similarities:
>Same skull, look at forehead, look at eyebrow, look at lips, lips color, eye, eye color......

Gordon:
http://imgur.com/a/p8wCH

G-man:
http://imgur.com/a/wKbEF

Anything against this theory? I guessed so.
>>
It's clearly perfect and you have obviously thought long and hard about it.
>>
I unironically never thought about that, and it may even make sense.
>>
>>388828179
G-man is Gordon's future past self in the Left 4 Dead universe.

#CAK3
>>
I think Gordon being G-man was the actual idea at one point but it got changed due to a leak or something
>>
>>388828179
Might be the actual truth?
>>
Am I back in 2005 again?
>>
>>388828926
Exactly what G-man asks himself everytime when he travels back in time to save his old self timeline.
>>
>>388828179
>G-Man
>Government Man
>"I took the liberty of relieving you of your weapons, most of them WERE government property"
>"The border world, Xen, is in our control now, for the time being, thanks to you"
>He says this right in front of a dead soldier and destroyed military vehicles in Xen of all places, despite the military never going there
>Reactivates the military's nuke in Opposing Force after Shepard deactivates it
>Calls Black Mesa an embarrassment, possibly because of the numerous casualties taken and the failure of one of the governments biggest technological suppliers
>Aperture used to be one of the governments biggest suppliers until they turned their heads to Black Mesa
>Doesn't trust Shepard not to spill the beans on what happened at Black Mesa, just like the government
>"And all the effort in the world would have gone to waste, until..."
>AKA, the combine are getting close to discovering the secret shadow government hiding just under their noses
The governments of the world purposely threw the 7 hour war and have been acting in secret throughout Half Life 2. They are more powerful then they let on and this is why Earth has developed technology even the combine do not have yet. They operate in secret and after the combine got a whiff of them, they lured them to Earth to feign their own deaths. Gordon arrives back on Earth after the US has gained enough power to remote detonate dyson spheres or some shit and is about to seize galactic power from the hands of the combine.
>>
>>388828179
Gmans left eye is slightly higher than his right. Gordon doesn't have the same thing. Checkmate, Eli.
>>
>>388828179
but you see him multiple times in the game
>>
File: 1454529855381.jpg (26KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
1454529855381.jpg
26KB, 408x408px
>>388829194
More like Half Life games have a shit story that's made up as they go along

>G-Man originally government agent and hinted at as being the administrator of Black Mesa
>Half Life 2 comes out
>Breen retconned to administrator with all the other retcon created characters
>G-man is now le spoopy alien

There's no big secret. People who think the Half Life games are based on some big planned out story written in 1998 are dumbos
>>
>>388830615
Writing the entire story line before the first game is even out is stupid and is almost never done for any media
>>
>>388830615
We couldn't give a fuck if it was all planned out since 98, we just want a story that makes enough sense and ties up the lose ends

also G-man was never the administrator of anything, and he was clearly not a mere human from the first game on
>>
He's not even called G-Man it was a nickname given to him by the playerbase.
>>
>>388830761
>we just want a story that makes enough sense and ties up the lose ends

How would that happen when Valve don't know themselves? Half Life is like X-Files, just a load of loose ends arranged in a way that seems exciting and mysterious because you assume there's some massive thing behind it. They then keep hinting the massive thing is about to be revealed but it never will be
>>
File: image.png (276KB, 900x695px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
276KB, 900x695px
>>388828179
Actually G-man is rip-off of Gary Seven from TOS episode Assignment Earth. If you watch it's very obvious. To valve's defence, almost everything can be traced to some TOS episode, including Lady Gaga.

>>388830862
No the name is in original game files.
>>
>>388830982
That's a good question, but I think if you have (well, had) a team of good professional writers, they can do it. Especially since the first game (and even the sequels) left so much up for interpretation.

I mean for tv shows the writers usually have no idea where the story is going to go exactly and they can still come up with cool shit that makes sense, I think the video game writters can (could) pull it off too.
>>
>>388830615
The irony of this fucking post lmao; it doesn't matter if it's planned out, what matters is that however it ends up being revealed or resolved it just has to make sense with what has been presented before

Your post is ironic because Darth Vader was never written as Luke's father. That idea didn't exist in the creation of the first film let alone exist until they already started shooting ESB. However it was a great reveal and an incredible plot point and development of both characters back stories. Yet you claim that if it wasn't planned from the beginning then the reveal is meaningless
>>
>>388830982
>There is no substance to mysteries that are never solved
Brainlet
>>
File: 1437232405152.jpg (111KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
1437232405152.jpg
111KB, 800x576px
>>388831280
>>388831298
>>388831446

It's never going to be revealed in some satisfying way

>most of the nu-valve playerbase is underage memers who never even played the older games
>it has to be rebooted with everything being retconned
>like 1% of players will point out that it doesn't make any sense with what was presented in the first game
>Half Life 3 will never explain G-man or anything, in the same way that everyone assumed Half Life 2 would wrap up loose ends from Half Life 1 but actually just created way more of them
>>
>>388828179
>Same skull, look at forehead, look at eyebrow, look at lips, lips color, eye, eye color......
Comparing gman's look to gordon's doesn't make any sense considering gordon doesn't have a face, and one was only made up for him so that their publisher could have him on the box art.

If you were a HL lorefag you would know this.
You would also know that this theory has been around since HL1 you fucking mong.
>>
>>388828179
Gordon doesn't have a widow's peak and it's strongly implied that G-man isn't even human. If you count the unused Nihilanth line, they explicitly say he's not human but pretending to be. It's not hard to imagine a super advanced interdimensional being capable of stopping time, telepathy, and teleporting you through time and space to just be wearing a human costume. He certainly acts like it's just a human costume.

I don't know what he is but it's not strictly reasonable to assume he's a human just because of his appearance. He certainly does not look like a genetic match for Gordon. Remember that he was going to a low-tech world that lacked space travel, which only hosted one race, and had no knowledge of the outside universe or even advanced physics. If you were aware that it was even plausible to travel through dimensions the disguise would be less effective, but even a bad human impression can work if they aren't even cognizant of alien races.

It makes a lot of practical sense for some unknowable advanced being to just wear a human skin since we wouldn't be able to distrust him. No one would even think that he's a non-human who can't quite replicate our appearance and speech patterns. There is no precedent for it, so the assumption is that he's just ugly and weird.
>>
Are these games even worth playing knowing the black guy dies and that there won't be a 3rd?
>>
>>388831698
sure maybe not to you, but it's always nigh impossible to come up with an ending to those kinds of game franchises without some people feeling angry and left out

barring the "are you fucking kidding" type endings like Mass Effect 3's, it's almost always controversial. Like, I loved Breaking bad's ending, but some people thought it made zero sense, was shit, etc.

as for your other points, yes it is a different time, but I wouldn't exclude the possibility that new players will play half life, and most importantly find it compelling, because it's a great fucking game even today. In my opinion, it aged well. That and the source remake (BMS), there's hope for that at least.
>>
File: GmanAfghan.png (2MB, 1807x808px) Image search: [Google]
GmanAfghan.png
2MB, 1807x808px
>>388832059
he is a depiction of the antichrist also he is afghan or jewish ethnically
>>
>>388832076
It's still fun.

The first half life was popular because it was the first FPS without separate levels and where the story was told ingame through your surroundings.
The second one was a physics puzzle tech demo where they wanted to show off different types of gameplay.
>>
File: 1259077938316.jpg (35KB, 347x800px) Image search: [Google]
1259077938316.jpg
35KB, 347x800px
>Gman
>talks mad shit all the time
>Freeman
>doesn't talk at all

There, destroyed your idea in one easy step.
>>
>>388830862
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/halflife/blob/master/dlls/gman.cpp

Eat shit
>>
>>388831907
https://youtu.be/6QQFHmXzPg4
>>
Ok guys I found out what is inside G-Man's case and I used my brain for 2 secs and came to my conclusion (the absolute conclusion), I can't believe none of you retards are as clever as me but anyways:

>Gordon Freeman
>G-man -> G -> Gordon -> Man -> Freeman
>Freeman Dyson
>Dyson Sphere leaked in epistle 3
Now look at what could be inside the case, it's really obvious:
>Dyson vacuum cleaner coupons and purchasing forms

G-Man is an intergalactic vacuum cleaner seller and he's been bugging Gordon ever since HL1 to buy his product and get rid of the cockroaches you see throughout half life, the thing you push inside the machine which causes the resonance cascade is actually a prototype dyson vacuum cleaner but it was connected to an european power outlet so it exploded
>>
>>388830739
George Lucas totally did it which is why the Star Wars storyline is so consistent across all 7 films and why he has never contradicted himself ever and neither have the movies.
>>
You're a bit late to the party OP.

This was discussed for many pages on the Black Mesa forums back in 2009. There was so much controversy people even got banned for flaming each other.
>>
>>388832760
He did not do it you retarded dumb faggot>>388831298
>>
>>388832720
you can noclip inside G-man's case in Half life 1
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMLVQNvcrn4
>>
Actually he's a copy of C-man from X-files
>>
>>388832243
Those people do really look otherworldy and quite similar to gman
>>
>>388832910
WRONG. George Lucas planned and wrote all 9 parts ahead of time.
>>
>>388828179
you mean the theory literally everyone thought of since half life 1?
>>
>>388833121
damn that theory is so retarded he makes fun of people for bringing it up

he also makes some good points in this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSp0qf5B1VM
>>
>>388832910
WRONG. Gordon Lucas planned and wrote 15 parts ahead of time
>>
Someone call Gaben.
>>
>>388833257
even the ones that are coming out now that he didn't write nor direct ?
>>
>>388832910
WRONG. George Freeman planned and wrote 21 parts ahead of time
>>
>>388832076
The story isn't really deep but it works great in service of the gameplay. Playing in the world as Gordon is fun regardless of how it ends. People like the story so much because the setting is portrayed really well through Gordon's eyes. All of the games' various aspects (sound design, weapons, enemies, scenarios, art style, acting) have something going for them. A lot of the more interesting stuff set up by the plot pays off within the game you're playing, so the sequel can only really continue the overarching story. The lack of an ending is only really a problem because it was announced and expectations were very high.

I think if you give either of them a few minutes the intro should pull you in, since the quality starts immediately. The physics puzzles are extremely pointless and easy in HL2 but giving physics to most random props in the world is a nice touch and smashing things is fun.
>>
>>388833284
>since half-life 1

Half-Life 2 maybe, but not HL1
>>
>>388832657
That doesn't discredit the fact that the devs themselves said that gordon does not have a face in canon
>>
>>388833509
Yes, he originally planned 12 parts.
>>
>>388832720
>Freeman Dyson
>Dyson Sphere leaked in epistle 3
Duh? We knew that Gordon is named after Freeman Dyson since forever

>The name "Gordon Freeman" was coined by Gabe Newell. When looking for a name for the character, Marc Laidlaw wanted it to evoke some famous scientists, so he took inspiration in the names of his "heroes": the name of physicist/philosopher Freeman Dyson mixed with that of the French mathematician Jules Henri Poincaré, ending up with "Dyson Poincaré". Gabe Newell apparently disliked it and suggested "Gordon Freeman" instead
>>
>>388833956
Really? I didn't know that. I'd like to see it in an interview somewhere. I believe you, I just want to see it in this thread as proof
>>
>>388834329
>Poincaré
Good taste, one of my favourite physicists and philosophers.
>>
>>388833005
THREE FUCKING PENCILS!
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.