[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What am i in for? Is it a good starting point for someone who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: header[2].jpg (54KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header[2].jpg
54KB, 460x215px
What am i in for?

Is it a good starting point for someone who never played a crpg before?
>>
>>388826658
>Is it a good starting point for someone who never played a crpg before?

yes and no. yes because it's pretty casual and doesn't require much planning in character creation, plus you won't have played dozens of better games for it to fail to measure up to; but then also no in that most people who liked it did so only because it invoked a bit of nostalgia for much better games
>>
You should probably play through Baldur's Gate first, I'm not sure I would be able to play them if I played PoE first.
>>
>>388827346
I did, playing PoE first helpt me dealing with the huge amount of spell from baldur's gate.

Icewind dale is better
>>
>>388826658
bredy gud RPG, good atmosphere and easy to get into.

have fun, took me 80 hrs!
>>
It's definitely a good entry point to see if you'll like the genre. If I'm being honest though Tyranny may be a better option because it's shorter, more streamlined gameplay, and much easier.

That being said, Tyranny is a piece of shit compared to PoE.
>>
>>388826658
>What am i in for?
A real fun game. Enjoy.

>Is it a good starting point for someone who never played a crpg before?
Yeah. It's modern and plays well but lays the foundation for RTwP. If you enjoy it, you might want to try out older clunkier RTwP titles like Baldur's Gate.
>>
>>388827215
>yes because it's pretty casual and doesn't require much planning in character creation
Don't listen to this faggot. He hasn't played the game. You will absolutely not survive Pillars of Eternity if you play it on POTD.
>>
>>388826658
You're in for a pile of steaming shit that only capitalises on Baldur's Gate nostalgia. If you don't mind gameplay that became outdated two decades ago you might like it, otherwise don't even bother.
>>
>>388827761
>Tyranny may be a better option

It has mindbogglingly boring combat though
>>
>>388828118
I never played it, but when I first started playing CRPGs, I found the RTWP to be pretty overwhelming and overly complicated. I knew Tyranny simplified that quite a bit so I figured that might help people get into things more.
>>
>>388826658

If you play it, know this: USE THE FUCKING ENCHANTMENT SYSTEM!!

Seriously, I always ignore crafting mechanics because I hate them and prefer to just find the items I need, but in this game you will be massively outscaled by your enemies if you aren't enchanting your weapons and armour. If you use enchantments, the game becomes a cakewalk even if you have a terrible build. If you don't, you will be dying even in the lower levels even with the most min/maxed build you can find.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.