[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic 06 is not bad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

Played the hell out of this game in 2017, I've been tricked by reviews and meme / popular opinion into believing it's a bad game

But I liked it, and a lot. It has it problems but, is it really that bad? Outside 4 or 5 scripted scenes that don't go as they should and some bugs (which are extreme and autistic to achieve, like the one where you go in other characters stages) It doesn't really fail at being a game

My only complain is about the damn loading screens
So, what does /v/ think? We discuss videogames today and you better join
>>
It is a better video game than it's reputation would suggest (is label design is easily better than any 3D Sonic game to come before it) but you won't see any of the autistic to that.

And the whole thing with Elise keeps getting blown out of proportion.
>>
The controls are awful.
>>
>>388824393
>>388824672
Contrarian cancer
>>
Its buggy as fuck and the controls are horrible while the story is total shit. No amount of contrarianism will remove that.
>>
>>388824393
If so sad it wasn't that bad I might agree. It's pretty shit with very odd design choices that never should have gone past the alpha.
>>
>>388824868
*if you said
>>
The game is an unfinished and buggy mess. The controls are way too overly sensitive, the story is terrible, there's too many glitches too count.
Really the only thing I like about the game is that the OST was still the usual Sonic quality.
>>
The hate train is a bit overblown, but it is a bad game. The Sonic stages sometimes have well designed sections (Dusty Desert is surprisingly open, for instance) but the controls hinder it a lot, as does the huge amount of scripted sequences, even compared to the Adventure era games. Then of course, you have everything else, which is garbage. I haven't even talked about the glitches, like Knuckles getting stuck on a wall, which is depressingly easy to get.

Even if the game were less glitchy and more finished, it still wouldn't be more than "eh". It certainly has it's moments and the soundtrack is great, but it doesn't save it.

The shitty plot where the title character is the least relevant of them all and doesn't even interact with the game's actual villain just adds insult to injury.
>>
>>388824393
This.
>>
>>388824393
This sounds familiar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOn2rhBvVCA
>>
>>388824393
I feel like there hasn't been a more ambitious sonic title since.

Just wish it had more time to cook in the oven, or came out near the end of the console generation.
>>
>>388825385
If it was allowed to continue development during the christmas season it probably would've turned out much better then it did. And that's what seriously rushing dev does to a game.
>>
Sonic 06 is objectively bad
You'd have to be huffing something from under the sink to think it's good
>>
File: IMG_20170101_012146.jpg (18KB, 594x330px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170101_012146.jpg
18KB, 594x330px
>>388824393
Some of the levels are more open than the Sonic/Shadow levels from SA2 or even SA1.

>mfw Kingdom Valley act 1 as Sonic.
>>
Sonic 06 is a terrible game but it has some redeeming qualities, and it sometimes has that so bad it's good charm

But there are way worse games than it, Sonic 06 is just notorious and well known
>>
>>388824393
The load times are unforgivable.
>>
File: sonic-the-hedgehog-2006-3.png (752KB, 1316x1350px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-the-hedgehog-2006-3.png
752KB, 1316x1350px
PROS

- Great soundtrack
- Sonic is UNIRONICALLY a great character
- Silver and Shadow are good too
- There is no Amy Rose
- Tails and Knuckles aren't too pushed to be mains which is a fresh idea
- Sonicman is hilarious
- Sonic loses his virginity before YOU with a human girl
- Time travels
- Venice is the main city hub
- Eggcarrier is in the game
- It's kinda fun
- Bugs are fun to watch and research
- Great color palette, desaturated and stuff

BAD STUFF

- Level design is way too weird
- Game breaking bugs may happen
- Story is quite hard to follow
- Some animations are terrible
- There is nearly zero terrain interaction
- Game wasn't tested fully
- Controls are weird as hell
- Camera angle is sometimes your worst enemy
- Hit detection not working always as intended
>>
File: 1503595472191.jpg (38KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
1503595472191.jpg
38KB, 600x460px
>>388826587
>There is no Amy Rose
>Sonic loses his virginity before you with a human girl
>>
>>388827041
Well he did
>>
>>388824393
Why is /v/ so contrarian?
>>
>>388824393
How do the controls function? Do they lean towards Adventure or Heroes/Shadow?
>>
File: Its+no+use_7627dd_5329365.gif (18KB, 320x380px) Image search: [Google]
Its+no+use_7627dd_5329365.gif
18KB, 320x380px
>>
>>388824672
>And the whole thing with Elise keeps getting blown out of proportion.
Yeah the whole "DUDE NECROPHILIAC BESTIALITY LMAO" thing is retarded, but you have to admit Sonic on human romance is really fucking strange and out of place in a game about blue hedgehogs going fast.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.