[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they just give everyone one of these op HEV Suits?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: gordon_freeman[1].jpg (345KB, 585x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gordon_freeman[1].jpg
345KB, 585x1080px
Why didn't they just give everyone one of these op HEV Suits? The Combine would have got fucking regd.
>>
Because they didn't have so many suits?
>>
>>388821618
Maybe producing them is expensive as fuck?
Many of them were lost in Xen and I don't think people had time to collect these before Black Mesa was nuked.
>>
>>388821618
There was 2 of them in existence, and black mesa pretty much collapsed on the second one
>>
>>388822262
Correction, there was a bunch of them. Some of the people who went to Xen had them, and there was already 2 in use(?) when Gordon grabbed his. So I guess everyone who had one was just a pussy except Gordon.
>>
>>388821618
why not give everyone a hyper charged gravity gun? What was Valve thinking? Diahreaaah coming out of my mouth bullshit take you back to the past to play the shitty game so you don't have to remember it
>>
>>388821618
The entire Black Mesa facility only had 3 suits
>>
Because that suit was a special prototype suit with dangerous experimental technology and it was mutated by being bathed in Dark Energy in Xen. Only Gordan is strong enough to use that suit to its full potential without breaking his mind...
>>
>>388822472
>2 in use
The Decay characters
>>
>>388822472
Those also could have been older models
>>
File: ashes.png (611KB, 850x800px) Image search: [Google]
ashes.png
611KB, 850x800px
I think the point is that Gordon is exceptional and the suit just compliments his exceptional skills. I dunno why anyone would think it's literally just the suit
>>
>>388822576
You find a lot of dead scientists on Xen wearing suits.
>>
one thing I always wondered about the HEV suit
was that it looks as though it should have come with a helmet yet Gordon has never seemed to wear it
I that suit would look 10 times better with a helmet
>>
>>388822919
You also gotta wonder how the zoom function works, unless the new HEV has some catheter that injects something that fucks with Gordon's vision.
>Morphine administered
Suit's carrying a hell of a lot of drugs that'll make the Cartels jealous.
>>
>>388822859
>You find a lot of dead scientists on Xen wearing suits.

Yeah, as was said the rest of the suits were lost in Xen, worn by those scientists you mentioned. Only a handful functioning ones were left behind in Black Mesa.
>>
>>388822262
>>388822472
3 in anomalous materials used by Gordy Gina and Colette
3 in Lambda Core
and bunch on dead scientists in xen
someone should try running through xen and counting them
there was at least dozen mark IV's
the only one that we know of to find it's way out of black mesa was gordons that somehow got to kleiner and got upgraded
>>
File: 1234117856990.jpg (457KB, 642x767px) Image search: [Google]
1234117856990.jpg
457KB, 642x767px
>>388823492
Wait a minute.
How DID they recover Gordon's HEV Suit? Did the G-Man just give it to them and wink??
>>
does the suit has any kind of plate armor? or what technology does it use?
>>
>>388823754
Why don't you ask why nobody minds that Gordon disappears for many years and then continues like nothing happened? It's magic, they ain't gotta explain shit
>>
>>388823754
G-Man can do pretty much anything, so he probably left it around for them to find.
>>
>>388823954
Armored plates against bullets, impact mitigation when charged enough, radiation resistance, morphine injections against pain, fixes broken legs, injects antidote when poisoned, allows sprinting fast, and with some booster upgrade allows you to jump higher than average.

Not as imba as Iron Man suit, but still OP as fuck.
>>
File: LCkJX.jpg (55KB, 912x724px) Image search: [Google]
LCkJX.jpg
55KB, 912x724px
>>388822919
It comes with a helmet.

They just never bothered to show it ingame, I think. And it just disappeared in HL2 even though the suit still provides radiation resistance.
>>
Why didnt they give everyone in the Rebellion these op lightsabers? The empire would be so fucking regd.
>>
>>388825250
Because a lightsaber is useless without the Force. Human reflexes alone aren't enough to deflect blaster shots or fight in lightsaber duels and shit.
>>
File: morphine_administered.jpg (139KB, 604x454px) Image search: [Google]
morphine_administered.jpg
139KB, 604x454px
>>388823303
https://youtu.be/6oPGjA5-4AM?t=4m40s
The suit isn't very powerful really. Morphine's there only so the user wouldn't curl down and cry like a little bitch.
Additional protection from some damage is provided only by reactive armor, plating doesn't seem to provide passive protection when RA isn't powered. Suit doesn't even have full NBC protection - direct contact with radioactive waste does damage to the wearer, Mk IV has its power sapped by exposure to low temperatures, or that could be because Gordon doesn't wear helmet (which he should to shield himself from extreme radiation like in the Citadel Core).
The suit is apparently lightweight and doesnt restrict movement - Gordon is as agile in it as he is in a lab coat.
Black Mesa has had plenty of the suits, many of them lost in Xen, so it's safe to assume that these armors aren't rare or unavaliable considering how many have been manufactured.
>>
>>388821618
Why didn't they just give everyone one of these Barneys, father Grigoris and alyxs? The Combine would have got fucking regd.
>>
Does it have helmet?
>>
>>388827053
The point I was making was that they're very rare and in limited supply.
>>
File: HECU_shephard_model.jpg (116KB, 372x742px) Image search: [Google]
HECU_shephard_model.jpg
116KB, 372x742px
>>388821618

It doesn't even need to necessarily be the HEV suit, it can be a military vest that Shephard and other grunts carry.

From what I've gathered the HEV suit seems like an advanced military suit prototype which is being used in science things for cover-up alongside the obvious reasons. That's why grunts can load an energy shield into their vests too.
>>
>>388828595
What's with the big head.
>>
>>388823961
>Nobody minds
They were too busy trying to deal with the Combine occupation to interrogate him. They did asked him a few times.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.