[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what went wrong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
what went wrong
>>
what's with these "meme threads" recently? are kids trying to rake up street cred before school?
>>
>>388821212
bethesda forced arkane at gunpoint to call it prey and then /v/ chimped out about the game's name even though it was clear that prey 2 was dead and buried and this had nothing to do with that
>>
Bethesda can't market a game that isn't Fallout or Elder Scrolls.
>>
Not much really. I enjoyed this game though I expected it to be a little more spooky.
>>
>>388821212
System Bioshock #21. At least Prey 2 had an interesting premise and concept. How many bounty hunting games are there? 1 or 2?
>>
The sales. And the fact most players can't play the game.
>>
>>388821440
the games have nothing to do with each other
>>
>>388821278
90% of threads on /v/ start with a canned opener, what are you, some kind of new guy?
>>
>>388821458
what do you mean? most modern players have no attention span?
>>
>>388821440
>System Bioshock #21
Name 5 games that use the Shock formula.
>>
>>388821548
The combat isn't straightforward, the explorations are legit explorations instead of following roads on maps like Bioshock, and it filled with details that I'm pretty sure many people will miss if they expected a shooter game
>>
>>388821342
Doom, Wolfenstein, The Evil Within, Prey and Dishonored all do pretty well but they're not massive successes.
Which is a shame because regardless of your opinion of their titles, Bethesda as a publisher are one of the few studios producing consistent single player games.
>>
>>388821570
Define the 'shock formula'
>>
>>388821651
Ironically bethsda studios is the worst simplificator, cusalisator and "remove writing" studio around.
bethesda publisher is one of the best publishers that still keeps making games that old early 00s crowd loves and supports the niche not trying for mass market like everyone else, the old way how games were made before cod
>>
>>388821212
The backtracking - especially if you want to explore.
Backtracking would be fine if every enemy didn't respawn once you go through a door.
>>
>>388821212
They named it incorrectly
>>
>>388821212
Nothing. It's better than System Shock 2.
>>
File: wow.png (263KB, 659x473px) Image search: [Google]
wow.png
263KB, 659x473px
>>388821570
System shock
System shock 2
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Prey
>>
>>388821650
>The combat isn't straightforward

>craft 100 shotgun shells from bananas and shit
>gunsmith, sneak attack, combat focus
>say hello to my little friend
>>
>>388822865
The average mongoloid can't figure out how to do something as simple as that
>>
There's one bug which is quite minor but it can be annoying: for some reason, the game speed tied to the fps. I first try it on a laptop so the fps fluctuate a lot, and my movement speed suddenly speed up whenever my fps goes above 30. I thought I was crazy until my brother pointed out the same thing.

I can see that it can be very annoying for some of you, but as long you can play it in a stable framerates, you're good to go.
>>
>>388822865
In a time where a Polygon writer is struggling to move and aim at the same time on Doom, I doubt that most people able to figure out how crafting and skill trees works.
>>
File: asteriosreact.png (298KB, 606x385px) Image search: [Google]
asteriosreact.png
298KB, 606x385px
>>388822763
>>
>>388821212
it was not shilled enough
>>
>>388821212
muh prey 2 idiots
no marketing because zenimax is trying to punish arkane
>>
>>388821212
Marketing and sales. Game's my GOTY.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.