[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fun is this game solo? Thinking about buying this game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 13

File: 1503919470209.jpg (108KB, 889x777px) Image search: [Google]
1503919470209.jpg
108KB, 889x777px
How fun is this game solo? Thinking about buying this game.
>>
It's not even fun with friends. Fucking clunky ass unplayable piece of shit. First game I ever refunded because mechanically it's so bad.
>>
sure you are
>>
Honestly I find it more fun solo than I do in squads or duos. I mean playing with friends is fun obviously but from a pure gameplay perspective I think solo is less frustrating. Downs are super fucking annoying in my opinion and its way easier to survive getting suddenly lit up by one person than it is a whole squad.
>>
File: 1504016847898.png (30KB, 550x233px) Image search: [Google]
1504016847898.png
30KB, 550x233px
bump
>>
>>388819827
>>388820060
Alright now its obvious you're just trying to stir up shitposting.
>>
File: IMG_0376.jpg (26KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0376.jpg
26KB, 612x612px
tfw I lost the only person I play vidya with to pubg today.

What is the appeal to this shitty game. I've tried it multiple times and cannot see anything good in it. Can't even refund it since I spent over 2 hours trying to just get a good weapon spawn.
>>
>>388820671
It's suspensful
>>
File: 1502088202883.jpg (133KB, 540x321px) Image search: [Google]
1502088202883.jpg
133KB, 540x321px
>>388820671

It's group think, it attracts the masses because everyone is doing it because the prerelease and initial hype worked on the battle royale genre's playerbase.
>>
>>388820671
>I spent over 2 hours trying to just get a good weapon spawn.
>>
>>388820918
>can't be that the game is just that good and fun
>>
File: A9piSvU.png (410KB, 580x445px) Image search: [Google]
A9piSvU.png
410KB, 580x445px
>sad cuck that comes here to shill this garbage early access streamer bait every single morning
>>
i didn't even know this game had single player, every thread memeing it all about muh numbers
>>
>>388819827

its like pokemon go. just a wait month and nobody will be playing anymore.
>>
File: When autism and D.jpg (18KB, 236x337px) Image search: [Google]
When autism and D.jpg
18KB, 236x337px
>>388820970

>FUN IS WHY PPL BUY THINGS GUIS

It's not the sole determining factor other wise more people would buy the games that /v/ agrees are real fun but no one buys. Marketing is the most important factor, if people don't know ur thing exists then they are definitely not buying it. There are many other factors but considering you evidently didn't pay attention in high school econ I doubt any of this is relevant to your interest.
>>
File: Troll_hotel.jpg (27KB, 308x238px) Image search: [Google]
Troll_hotel.jpg
27KB, 308x238px
>>388821128
>875,000 people are one person
Oh /v/~

Captcha: TROLL HOTEL
>>
>>388820060
even if Valve loses, they still win. FUCK Gabe, I just want him to make games
>>
>>388821301
The game has barely any marketing it got big by mouth of word like Dark Souls. It did not have a billion dollar marketing campaign like Overwatch.
>>
>>388821301
Really anon? PUBG?
>>
>>388821489
>>388821663

It's good to point that neither did any of the early access games on steam, I'm sure all of you here can agree that those games sales were fueled only on "fun" . Except that early access and streamer collusion is marketing.
>>
Daily reminder to check the archives

>Niche PUBG
>Hey man you check this game out
>Hell yeah this game is awesome!

vs
>Popular PUBG
>Hey man you check this game out
>SHIT GAME
>WHY DO PEOPLE PLAY THIS SHITTY GAME?!?
>This game is so bad.
>>
It got big because people were looking for a BR game that's easier than the one on Arma 3.
>>
>>388819827
WHY IS PUGBEARS SO POPULAR I HATE NORMIES REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>388819953
I'd agree
My friends call me fucking trash when i play squad with them, but the few times i've played solo i've always been top 10 or in a couple of instances won.

I think the problem more or less for me is the team dynamic the enemies have, because i'm the type of player that will kill two people too preoccupied with me because they're fighting each other. I literally used a car in the final circle and plowed into three people fighting each other while doing a doughnut. I also will snipe people I see running across fields or sitting and trying to snipe themselves. You don't get as many opportunistic kills like that in teams because of how it's designed.
>>
>tfw just don't want to play this game because it isn't my thing

Why does there need to be so much hate?
>>
I have had a lot of fun playing pubg solo, in the last 12 months I have not played a lot of vidya and pubg has gotten me out of that slump.

The game is fun because winning is so fucking hard. Sometimes you will get killed and it will feel totally fucking unfair, but after a few more hours of play you will end up realising that it wasn't totally unfair and you only died because you did something stupid.

When it's down to the last 10 players it's super intense because no one that made it that far got there by sheer luck, the adrenaline factor is real.
>>
how does the single player work, do you just play against bots or whatever?
>>
It's better to be active. Chase caches, hunt other players, secure good terrain before the circle shrinks.

Camping is a suboptimal and boring strategy.
>>
File: guzma eyebrow.png (36KB, 151x134px) Image search: [Google]
guzma eyebrow.png
36KB, 151x134px
>>388822546
>>
File: 1502122625191.jpg (30KB, 425x401px) Image search: [Google]
1502122625191.jpg
30KB, 425x401px
>>388819953
I also love solo because you don't have to rely on anyone else fucking up and getting you killed, it's all on you.

I am just not a team player, I play pubg instead of overwatch for this reason. Other people are frustrating, often due to incompetence or their shitty attitudes and desire to blame the team when they lose. Solo is good, when I lose it's because I fucked up.
>>
>>388822243
luck. simple as that. luck is a hard thing to account for and them nerds got lucky.

All the world is way more random that people would like to admit but oddly enough much of what happens around the world makes more sense once someone accepts that fact.
>>388822328
>Why does there need to be so much hate?
It is easier to hate something that to like something. People seek shit to get recreationally upset over even though shit does not really affect them much if at all.

Its easier to call things out for not meeting ones expectations simply because the shit they want is not mainstream with minimal effort needed to find it. SO "wah why do others/normies get catered to instead of me!!! WAH!!!" is much more easier thing to do than actually putting effort in finding and digging through shit for one to enjoy.
>>
>>388819827
I only play this with friends, never played it solo, dont think the game is particularly fun or engaging

i think it has some really really funny situations at times which makes it enjoyable with friends and thats about it

and squad wins feel nice
>>
File: 1504150125314.jpg (209KB, 1085x1217px) Image search: [Google]
1504150125314.jpg
209KB, 1085x1217px
>>388823034
>I only play this with friends, never played it solo, dont think the game is particularly fun or engaging
>i think it has some really really funny situations at times which makes it enjoyable with friends and thats about it
>and squad wins feel nice
Pretty much this. I'd imagine MOST people have this mentality. I only play it because friends seem to like it and it is fun to win with the squad.
>>
>>388820969
what does this even mean?

if you get 'bad' weapons just kill someone and take theirs?
>>
>>388823345
>can't kill someone because their weapon is better
yeah ok
>>
>>388823467
Literally what? Most of my kills in this game are with the pump shotgun and I have a 28% winrate and 3.43 kd/a.
>>
>>388819827
Solo PUBG is great fun when you don't care about winning. Kill a guy or two, ruin their day, explore the map a lil and if you finally end up winning, it is the sweetest vidya victory one can taste
>>
>>388823467
thats why i had 'bad' written this way

people die to every weapon every single game and thinking otherwise is idiotic

players have won with pistol only games and people get lategame shotgun/uzi kills all the time
>>
>>388824242
>hide in a building/bush/object till last guy
>kill 1 guy with supressed pistol and easily kill him because his armor is probably fucked over from all the other fights he just had

yeah its not hard to win with just a pistol/shotgun/uzi
>>
Frankly I think this is way better than ASSFAGGOTS to play solo. How's performances in midrange Pc?
>>
>>388824741
settings are better on low just for general visibility so there should be no issue on a midrange pc

idk exactly though cause im not a poorfag
>>
>>388819827
A great amount of people enjoying a game doesn't mean it's actually good.
>>
File: ?.jpg (77KB, 600x844px) Image search: [Google]
?.jpg
77KB, 600x844px
>>388824963
lol
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.