[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I enjoy this game? Also which modules do I use first?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (39KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
39KB, 460x215px
How do I enjoy this game?

Also which modules do I use first?
>>
didn't age well desu, not scary at all
>>
The standard assault rifle is pretty good and will serve you well the entire game.
Having some points in hacking and maintenance will help too.
>>
>>388815050
>The standard assault rifle is pretty good and will serve you well the entire game.
I just got two pistols and jammed shotguns found on the mutants. Should I put points into repair for them?

Also does Hack 2 give anything worthwhile?
>>
>>388814954
>How do I enjoy this game?
Don't go heavy on Psi on the first playthrough, max Standard, Energy 6, Heavy 6 and Exotic 6 weapons are trash.

>>388815050
>standard assault rifle is pretty good
If by "pretty good" you mean "kills any enemy in 1-2 shots" then yeah, it is pretty good.
>>
>>388814954
Navy is pretty fun and easy the first time you play. I stick mostly to meele.
>>
>>388815191
From what I remember repair isn't worth it and it's better to take care of your weapons so they don't break in the first place.
>>
PURE STRENGTH
PURE EXOTIC
CRYSTAL SHARD
>>
>>388815331
Repair is actually underrated, you never want to go heavy on it but it can allow you carrying 3 1-2 condition pistols in inventory and repairing them as they break, etc. Nets you some guns earlier, too. Mostly relevant on harder difficulties where maintenance tools are more scarce. I find that 1-2 points isn't a huge investment.
>>
Prey is better.
>>
>>388815191
So there's one thing I want to point out about SS2 skill system which I think most people don't realize or appreciate. First of all, it's a classless system. Marine/Navy/Psi is just a starting package, it doesn't cost you more modules to advance your "cross-class" skill or less modules to advance your "class" one. Secondly, first 4 levels of any skill/stat are really cheap, IIRC it goes something like that - first level is cheap, second is even cheaper, third is about as much as the first, fourth is more expensive and then you have a HUGE leap with fifth and sixth, so you can afford dipping in a lot of skills if they sound fun/interesting (even on Impossible difficulty, where you get less cybermodules), but with maxing out skills and stats you really have to commit. As I and everybody else said, Standard weapons is a very good skill to max.
>>
>join the Navy (other choices are shit unless you plan on using psionics, in which case obviously go O.S.A.), serve in the Lucille, Laverne and Yamamoto
>max out agility
>max out strength
>max out standard weapons
>put some points in repair or maintenance
>put a few points in hacking
>use pistol for turrets and eggs, and the wrench for everything else until you start seeing the pinky demons from DOOM, then swap to assault rifle for the rest of the game
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.