[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My buddy is offering to sell me his old PSX and PS2 consoles.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: PSX-Console-wController[1].png (768KB, 1600x734px) Image search: [Google]
PSX-Console-wController[1].png
768KB, 1600x734px
My buddy is offering to sell me his old PSX and PS2 consoles.

He's asking me to name the price.

What would be an appropriate offer here?
The consoles are well-kept, in good condition.
>>
25 for the ps1
50 for the ps2
>>
>>388810542
Any games included?
If not I agree with >>388810704
>>
>>388810542
I got my ps2 for 20 with a couple games, no memory card tho
>>
>>388810772
He has some games, but I'm not sure what they are.

I don't intend to start collecting games, tho. I've already play pretty much every worthwhile game on both PSX and PS2 using emulator. I'm only interested in owning the consoles themselves.
>>
used PS2 Slim systems alone can be found for 30 bucks from fleamarkets and so.

Do note that PS2 systems do also run PS1 games, so unless you're only interested in gaining the authentic hardware, there's no reason to get PS1 as well.
>>
>>388811083
I'm interested in the authentic hardware, yes.
>>
A PS1 was worth $10 is 2003.
>>
>>388811164
Are we already past the mark where PSX stops being 'old machinery' and becomes an 'antique collectible', thus rising in price?
>>
>>388810542
Don't bother, download the ROMs for free and use an emulator.
>>
>>388810542
suck his dick OP
>>
>>388811164
That was almost 15 years ago.
There's always these "lack of interest valley" curves in the prices of obsolete-becoming gaming systems. Their value has gone up since then.
>>
>>388810542
Is the PS2 a Fatty or Slim?
There's more leeway with the Fatty in terms of modding

Also I think there's certain PS1s that can only get softmodded to play games of any region.

This guy's pricing >>388810704 is pretty spot on, though I think you can do a bit more cheaply. List of games would also clarify the pricing.
>>
>>388811457
PS2 is a silver slim.

PSX has controllers with analog sticks, I think that's a newer model.
>>
>>388811748
>Slim
You'll have to resort to FreeMCBoot and either do USB drive, which isn't all that reliable, or SMB, playing games through Ethernet from PC. Some games just plain won't play on either method for some reason.

PSX should be fine. I need to do better research on this one.
>>
If the psx doesn't have the serial port in the back throw it out
>>
>>388810542
tree fiddy
>>
you can buy a PS1 for $20 and a PS2 for $30 at Amazon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.