[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>handhelds died What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1504024437520.png (245KB, 472x480px) Image search: [Google]
1504024437520.png
245KB, 472x480px
>handhelds died

What went wrong?
>>
The 3DS did a decent job, though.
>>
Phones took over
>>
Smartphones happened.
>>
>>388808863
Smartphones are the greatest thing to ever be invented.
>>
>>388808713
phones
>>
>>388808713
The best selling console of this generation is a handheld you idiot.
>>
File: 1501957101308.png (187KB, 420x360px) Image search: [Google]
1501957101308.png
187KB, 420x360px
>>388808713
>fake ass Gabriel
you should feel bad
>>
Phones are just shitty overpriced handhelds + being able to call people
I hate normies so much they killed handhelds
>>
the switch is doing great
>>
Handheld are dying
Sony is announcing a new one at tokyo game show
>>
>>388808713
>What went wrong

They tried to target the young audience, but in reality what they should have done is make comfy games. If you get a handheld game, you don't want to smash buttons and and try to beat a giant dude to pull cause of whatever, you want to chill and relax on a sofa/transport/back of the car relaxed.
Why did Pokémon become so famous?
It was chill as fuck.
>>
>>388808713
>3DS still getting new games
>Switch is doing well

Only handheld that died is the Vita but that's cause they couldn't market it for shit.
>>
>>388809089
I wanna bone Gabriel while she farms in her mmo.
>>
>>388809283
It only has 2 quality games
>>
>>388808713
Smartphones ate into the casual market that wanted small time wasters while on the bus or train, or if they were stuck somewhere for about 20-30 minutes with nothing to do.
Game development prices climbed up to such heights that making exclusives without being directly funded by a first party is a waste of time and money, so everything is multiplat now. So they were porting home console games onto handhelds and handheld games onto home consoles.
Nintendo saw these issues and made a new console that was a hybrid. Sony saw these and their failing vita and tried to get all the third party japanese devs still working with vita to start making PS4 versions of those games before the handheld market completely died in Japan by giving free support with porting, and giving licensing cuts if they made the game for both platforms.
>>
>>388809089
Arianrhod existed before Gabriel Dropout
>>
Why bother releasing a 70 hour rpg on the vita when you can make a phone app where you charge $40 for a chance at rolling a waifu sprite that people go fucking nuts for?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.