[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Empires 3 Campaign

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: AgeOfEmpiresThreeCampaign.jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
AgeOfEmpiresThreeCampaign.jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
Is the final mission of Act 1 mathematically impossible to win on hard mode?

I'll share my strategy if anyone shows interest. Also Age of Empires 3 general discussion thread.
>>
>>388804497
I dunno, you just need to seize the fixed cannon and blast the fountain of immortality with it. No need to beat the Templar(?) base iirc.
>>
>>388804497
Yeah, naval superiority is your best bet. They'll launch attacks against your land base, but as long as you keep the damage on the Fountain of Youth, then you'll make it.

My tip: Morgan is capable of soloing tons of infantry (especially with his special attack), send him out to harass the lone guys they have and any stray settlers you can find. It won't do much ,but it will divert their attention - he's your best unit to distract them with. Maybe send pirate lass and sandnigger with her I forget if sandnigger is in your army for this one

did anyone else really like AOE3's campaign, and hope they do something like it for AOE4?
>>
>>388805136
That's the way I went, and then I got rushed by the Circle with elite hussars and the like. I was completely unprepared and undergunned. I usually spam veteran rodeleros but that wasn't enough because the circle got the fixed gun back.

>>388805632
I'll try that out. I fucking love AoEIII's campaign, I have great memories playing it on easy mode when I was a child. I'll share my strategy in the next post.
>>
I immediately dumped my wood and coin into building galleons after seizing the fixed gun. I used the galleons to kill anything that attacked the gun while I built up a solid base with lots of settlers.

As it stands as soon as the two mines near my base get used up I end up in a massive coin jam because galleons cost money and the AI is shoving boats up my ass as fast as I can sink them. I was keeping him stalemated until the aforementioned imperial hussar rush, which I think is bullshit considering I'm trapped in the fucking fortress age.

If I come across as angry it's because I just rage-quit about 15 minutes ago and I'm still trying to cool down.
>>
>>388805632
AOE3's campaign was amazing, but it didn't really fit for an AOE game.
It felt like a spiritual sequel to AOM's campaign.
>>
>>388806471
Use halberdiers. Trust me, they rape hussars regardless of age. Also conserve your janissaries, they're your only unit besides pirate waifu capable of high damage ranged.
Also don't underestimate yoiur archers. Keeping the hussars tied up with pikemen/roderos and peppering away at them with archers will work great.
And finally, use defensive buildings.
>>
>>388806719
> halberdiers

Those are my bread and butter in skirmish, them and hussars. But I don't have access to them in campaign mode. If you mean Pikemen, that's a really good idea, actually. Keep all my coin for the galleons. Thanks, man, I'm gonna try that out tomorrow.

Anyone feel like discussing skirmish strategies? I just a few days ago finally managed to beat an expert-level AI with some turtling and a shit-pile of imperial hussars (British)
>>
>>388806925
I did mean pikemen, and no problem. AOE3 doesn't get enough love around here.

Also, turtling is the funnest shit ever in AOE games mostly due to the fact it's just comfy to do. It's also a foolproof strategy to win against AI. I wish that you could play as the campaign factions and what-not in normal skirmish mode, but it shouldn't be too hard to pull off.
who /firingline/ here
>>
>>388807113
lmao, I was up against the Ottomans in Large Texas. What always killed me against Expert AIs is that they always, ALWAYS get to the Colonial age before me (I've seen them make it in 2.5 minutes) and I get hit-and-run into oblivion. So I decided fuck that noise, I'm gonna build walls and outposts everywhere. With an expendable army, my economy was untouched, and I could boom for the win.

Here's where it got funny with this game. The AI's score was literally twice mine and he was sending army after army just slightly slower than I could kill them, so he couldn't make a permanent dent in my defenses while I worked on my boom. This went on for literally upwards of 50 minutes, just one impotent assault after another before I overran his colony with imperial life guards. I kek'd heartily at the thought of pulling this strategy on a human player.

I got another funny story about taking on all 7 AIs at once on moderate mode.
>>
>>388807398
As an aside, why does the AI never build walls or even vary their colony structure? It always seems to be outposts/blockhouses in exactly the same spot, and even expert AIs cluster all their houses together for me to burn down all at once.
>>
aoe 3 is the best aoe prove me wrong pro tip you simply cannot
>>
>>388807398
Tell the moderate mode story. And the AI never really builds walls because they're more devoted to playing offensively than anything else - they try to keep you away from the base.
>>
>>388807613
Oh boy, this was a frustrating experience.

I went my usual turtle route, except with no attacks for half an hour I was able to occupy half the map (I play in Large Texas or Large Great Plains generally because I'm bad at water maps), I've got a bustling economy in the back and stables churning out the imperial hussars (Church + Lakota gives me quick af hussars). Finally the AI attacks. All Seven of them. This was my plan - to see if they combined could make a big enough army to overwhelm me.

They couldn't. I killed their host, losing a great deal of my army in the process tho. Rebuild, send my army to take down their forts. Wouldn't you fucking know it, the minute I leave my base, one of them attacks the other side of the map.

It was an incredibly frustrating stalemate. I eventually took out all of their forts and even got an attack or two in on their colonies, but they all got to the imperial age and it turns out the combned might of all 7 moderate ais is enough to churn out armies exactly as fast as I can kill them.

I probably would have won eventually but after two hours I decided it wasn't worth the effort. Hit the XP cap though. Good way to level up a city quickly.
>>
>>388807950
>defense against endless waves with the booming of muskets and the roaring of cannonfire
is there anything better?
anyways, i need to go to sleep. good luck, anon, but take heed of the final mission of Ice. It's even more unforgiving.
>>
>>388808138
Will do, friend. Have a great sleep.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.