[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the FUCK is it's problem?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

What the FUCK is it's problem?
>>
You press up, you press down, you gain momentum. If you know how to swing, you can play Sonic 3.

I'll never understand what the issue was. Ever. I still have friends that try to jump on this thing like a spring.
>>
>>388802909
That's not how Sonic's eyelids work.
>>
>>388804008
It makes no fucking sense and nothing in the game is like it whatsoever
>>
This took me a while back in the day to figure out, not gonna lie. Once I figured it out, I blamed myself for being such a god damn idiot
>>
Why is everyone talking about this now it's not like this gimmick came back in mania
>>
>>388804252
I'll admit it took me about a minute to figure out when I was 8 but I think all the memes are from furrys that have no brains.
>>
>>388804345
Could be related to the vinesauce stream, but that's just a guess
>>
>>388804345
Vinny is streaming it
>>
>>388804008
Hindsight is 20/20. Now, after knowing the solution, it seems so simple. But at the time, if you didn't miraculously figure it out, you were just stumped. There's nothing that indicates that you're supposed to use up & down to move the barrel. It bounces when you jump on it, and if you coordinate your jumping just right, it bounces low enough to make you think you're actually getting closer to getting past it.
>>
>>388804008
Okay so let's review the facts.
-This specific gimmick is never used anywhere else in the entire game.
-When you jump on the thing it moves, if you get your timing right it's only pixels off allowing you through.
-There is no way to bypass this, every path leads to this single choke point.
-The lead designer of the game literally says it was poorly designed and completely his fault and apologized.

https://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/07/sos-2011-stage-interview-barrels-brown-sonic-and-crash-bandicoot-discussed/

Yes really.

I get it, it's absolutly EBIN to preten that this was a well designed portion of the game.
>>
>>388804008
>>388804451
Nah, it's an example of legit bad game design. The way the barrel is set up the most logical way to get past it is with jumping alone, which is nearly impossible.

I also got past it as a kid, doesn't mean it's not bad game design.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XeBgeN5uG8&t=0s
>>
>>388804571
Yeah it not good but I don't think It warrants a second thought.
Is this what the kids call autism?
>>
>>388802909
You can just keep jumping on it to move it. I don't get the meme at all.
>>
>>388804571
The problem is exactly that it introduces a new mechanic that isn't utilized elsewhere. Like everyone else initially, we all thought jumps changed the height and speed of the barrel, because earlier in the stage, that's what you came across, however when utilized there, you just never get low enough to proceed. I remember being frustrated, but I wish I could remember the exact A-HA moment. Maybe I was ducking to see what was below, I dunno.
>>
>>388805169
Seemed unintuitive but I had an Nes first and looking back I was surprised how far I got in zelda 1&2 for a 6 year old.
I know for a fact we didnt have nintendo power magazine so I wonder how I solved all the stupider puzzles
>>
File: 1477144723234.jpg (10KB, 169x180px) Image search: [Google]
1477144723234.jpg
10KB, 169x180px
>Vinny spends minutes trying to pass a part in Ice Cap
>Passes, gets hit, falls where he came from and gets a game over

Best laugh i've ever had
>>
File: grubber.png (164KB, 538x407px) Image search: [Google]
grubber.png
164KB, 538x407px
>>388805537
>Its a vinny makes fun of sonic episode
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.