[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to play her game, /v/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 11050473.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
11050473.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Going to play her game, /v/?
>>
>>388800828
I doubt I'll ever play a game by Dontnod again. LiS which was such a godawful experience and I never want to play something by those talentless frogs again.
>>
I think you mean am I going to watch a no commentary lets-play on youtube for free due to a complete lack of any gameplay elements?

No because the story is shit and will just be another CHOOSE A OR B again at the end
>>
>>388801043

Well, you're in luck!

This one isn't made by them.
>>
>>388801043
This game is still published by Square, but it's developed by a US company, not DONTNOD.
>>
>>388801075
Visual, interactive novels like Life is Strange (and Telltale games if I'm being generous) are a superior form of storytelling to movies, which is basically what you're getting when you watch a let's play. Don't pretend like the final choice at the end of the game was the only one you got to make. There were literally hundreds scattered across the episodes.
>>
File: 1496218364398.jpg (6KB, 115x169px) Image search: [Google]
1496218364398.jpg
6KB, 115x169px
>>388801457
It's not a novel if you don't have to read, dipshit. It's a walking simulator where your choices don't matter except for the final one.
>>
File: IMG_2698.jpg (462KB, 1936x1760px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2698.jpg
462KB, 1936x1760px
Just finished episode 1. It's very good, not as good as any of the original episodes but I still enjoyed myself. Love Rachel Amber.
>>
>>388800828
I want to play it, but I feel weird playing as a lesbian.
>>
Rachel has powers
>>
>>388801619
Max still remembers them in the end, so it's not like they're actually gone forever, and this all just applies to the first game. Based on the plot of this episode, I really, really doubt they're heading toward a binary choice at the end (and even if there is one, it obv. won't wipe out previous choices).
They're generally called visual novels. Don't blame me if they're named idiomatically.
>>
>>388801186
>>388801283
That can only be a good thing, I still won't play it because it's about an annoying cunt of a character and it's a prequel to a game that I despise to an irrational degree.

>>388801457
Should just watch a TV show in that case. Games like LiS or The Walking Dead have potential, and LiS had more than many others in the genre, but it falls apart if it doesn't feel like it has a good reason to be a game. It doesn't even need to have choices that matter, though if they aren't going to give you choices that matter then they shouldn't give you choices at all, it just needs some reason and none of these games have that. If Deadly Premonition didn't have the action segments as it originally wasn't planned to, I'd call it the best game in this kind of genre. It's got exploration, sidequests, loads of content and on top of that the story is engaging, the characters are endearing and it nails the Twin Peaks vibe, which is something LiS tried and failed to do. If every game in this genre took a page from DP's book it would add to these games a lot.
>>
>>388801727
How?
>>
>>388800828
Hella no
>>
>>388801735
Just do it. Lesbians are better than us anyway.

>>388802002
It's a game because it lets you make decisions, even if those decisions only offer the illusion of choice. Making you think that you're part of the story increases immersion with what's happening on the screen.
>>
I'm not a cancerous Reddit using faggot so no i will not be
>>
So Rachel basically caused the storm, right?
>>
>>388800828
>game

Lol
>>
>>388801727
>worse than LIS
>still good
???
>>
I hated Chloe so nope
>>
>>388802189
Game, movie, something in between. It doesn't matter.

>>388802257
pleb
>>
>>388802168
sure is looking like it
>>
>>388802156
I'm not saying it's not a game, I'm just saying it's a shit game. Having the illusion of choice is not a satisfying thing, especially not when this game is totally focused on its story and even games that aren't focused on their story manage to have meaningful choices and seeing your choices unfold and being able to replay the game and see something different is satisfying and adds more content to the game. The fact that developers even feel the need to include these false choices speaks for itself, they know people like to make choices and feel like they made an impact on the story, but they're too lazy to actually implement meaningful outcomes so they just trick the player instead. It's not engaging or enjoyable to be given a choices and to think nothing of it because you know nothing will come of it anyway. On top of all that, LiS didn't even need meaningful choices, it just need a good reason to be game, if they did that in some other way instead of trying to fool their audience into thinking this was a story they could affect, then I would be fine with it and would have no problem with there being choices that don't matter, though I'd prefer to just not have choices that matter at all at that point.
>>
>>388800828
Too soon
>>
>>388802017
Was released 7 hours ago in Europe.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.