[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone hate Nintendo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

File: images-3.jpg (4KB, 146x146px) Image search: [Google]
images-3.jpg
4KB, 146x146px
Why does everyone hate Nintendo? They make good games so why do people hate on them is it because its trendy and they don't give them money like FNAF and Undertale does?
>>
You're confusing disappointment with hatred.
>>
>>388798123
They think they're too kid-friendly, especially after that disaster 2008 press conference, and they think the consoles are too gimmicky. Still, they don't get the true respec they deserve.
>>
>>388798123
Because it is the best videogame company
>>
>>388798123
They don't really hate Nintendo as much as they love reactions from people who love them
>>
>>388798306
>They think they're too kid-friendly
But Bayonetta and Enternal Darkness.
>>
>>388798306
>after that disaster 2008 press conference
That was 9 years ago dude.
>>
>>388798306
What happened in 2008?
>>
>>388798123
They can not accept that Nintendo games are superior
>>
>>388798123
>Why does everyone hate Nintendo?
Because Sony and Xbox fanboys exist
>>
>>388798608
They supposedly ditched the hardcore audience with the motion controls and Wii Music. Didn"t bode well to hardcore fans.
>>
Oh i know why because Furfag animatronics and Mercy Skeletons are more marketable then Italian plumbers and a Elf swordsman with a ridiculous hat.
>>
>>388798123
Sonygros are constantly on suicide watch since the Switch launched
>>
>>388798306
>they're too kid-friendly
That's because they have hope for humanity. Hope that only children will play with children's toys and that manchildren will grow out of it and become useful members of society. Don't let them down, anon.
>>
>>388798532
>edgy movie games
Nice
>>
>>388799136
That's the truth. The haters need to realize that their age demographic isn't the target one. If you want edgy adult games, get a PC.
>>
>>388799371
Hell, if you want basically every game, get a PC.
>>
>>388799136
>>388799371
In reality, it's the edgy 12 year olds who want to play "adult" games, while adults realize that gameplay is what really matters and are comfortable enjoying nintendo games.
>>
>>388799671
Damn, that's kind of spot on.
>>
>>388799724
I thought it was obvious.
I have not once seen an actual adult complain Nintendo games where too kiddy.
Maybe a mention of being family friendly, but never too kiddy for them.
>>
>>388799671
What about adult games with good gameplay
>>
Try being a sega fan. Everyone forgets all the great games they've made all because of a couple shitty Sonic games (some of which were shitty because of things that were out of their control)
>>
>>388799863
they dont exist
>>
>>388799863
They enjoy those too because they can afford it.
>>
>>388799993
>sega
>great games
hmm
>a couple shitty Sonic games
a lot more than a couple
>>
>>388798123
Because they're as anti-consumer as it gets, genius.
>>
>>388800297
What is the least anti-consumer AAA studio?
>>
>>388800079
Whoa now, let's not get too crazy here, I have to be in bed by 9 if I want to get enough sleep before work tomorrow
>>
>>388800446
Inticreates
>>
>>388800460
>work
Like we're gonna believe that
>>
>>388800297
Wrong, they aren't Marvel
>>
>>388800446
Valve
>>
File: IMG_0281.jpg (256KB, 1703x1256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0281.jpg
256KB, 1703x1256px
2 words.

Artificial Scarcity.

>still butt mad I scalpers bought all the nes classics, and she's classics.
>>
>>388799136
>"We decided on the release dates for Smash 4 and Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire based on them being similar to the release dates for Melee and original Ruby and Sapphire. Because we know that those people are no longer kids, which means they have their own money to spend on games now instead of depending on their parents money." - Iwata Q&A

No matter how much you want to believe that Nintendo only makes games for children, they do keep in mind that the kids that played their games are now grown up and are capable of buying their own games now. So no, you are wrong in saying that Nintendo expects people to grow up and abandon them at a certain age. Nintendo appeals to those people as well.
>>
post his final form somebody
>>
>>388800757
I'm not a scalper and I was able to get 3.
>>
>>388800796
except the games arent good anymore

sure theyre #fun am i right
>>
>>388800130
>great games
Panzer Dragoon
Knights Into Dreams
Astal
Bayonetta
Vectorman
Space Channel 5
Jet Set Radio
And a whole hell of a lot more that flew under the radar as well

>shitty Sonic games
The only "real" bad ones were '06, unleashed, and Sonic Boom. All of which were garabge due to shitty deadlines, being rushed, and being made with a better graphics engine than nintendo's shitty systems could support.

It also doesnt help that most of the popular video game youtubers like game grumps projared and the like lead their flock of sheep by telling them sonic is shit before anyone plays it and forms their own opinion

>>388800130
>>
>>388800513
Not AAA
>>388800731
Is that really the best we got?
>>
>>388800796
Nope, they mean these adults are going to be buying these for their children
>>
>>388798123
>Why does everyone hate Nintendo? They make good games so why do people hate on them is it because its trendy and they don't give them money like FNAF and Undertale does?
Because Nintendo violates people's copyright. If you make a video about Nintendo products and put it on Youtube, then Nintendo abuses Youtube's lax rules and takes your video. They're looking to do similar things elsewhere as well. This likely isn't legal, but nobody wants to fight a billion dollar corporation in court over a Youtube video. Thus Nintendo gets away with their abusive practices.

This causes resentment in those people making videos, and said resentment spreads to people watching them. On top of that Zelda fans are obnoxious, so it has become popular to hate on Nintendo.

Honestly, the copyright problems Nintendo are causing are a major problem. They do erode people's rights quite heavily.
>>
>>388800631
Marvel doesn't abuse copyright to silence criticism. When you make a video criticising Marvel content Marvel doesn't copyright strike your video (or take your monetization away).
>>
>>388800946
>meme games
k
>im buttmad that im a minority in having shit taste in games
sonic fans, everyone
>>
>>388800961
Activision generic and obvious choice but still.
>>
>>388801016
>salty YouTuber bitching because Nintendo is profiting off of his """"""hard work"""""" of sitting in his parent's basement and playing vidya for money
>>
>>388800835

>buys 3 claims to not be a scalper.

Of course your not.
>>
>>388801095
Yes.
>>
>>388801117
Nope, instead they dox, harass, and defame you
>>
>>388800946
not only that it was an arcade machine with almost all arcade perfect ports in your own home

also with DC piracy and indie games

not the best consoles in the world but I loved my Saturn and DC growing up
>>
>>388801095
Looks like he became an actual faggot.

https://www.instagram.com/the_sensational_sammy_zenith/
>>
>>388801292
One is for me, the other two I'm going to sell to friends for exactly $79.99.
>>
>>388801291
>>salty YouTuber bitching because Nintendo is profiting off of his """"""hard work"""""" of sitting in his parent's basement and playing vidya for money
Except Nintendo does the same to review and criticism videos. This is directly anti-consumer and infringes on the rights of content creators.
>>
>>388801641
Calm down, anon.
>>
File: th-2.jpg (10KB, 313x175px) Image search: [Google]
th-2.jpg
10KB, 313x175px
So we have this kid to blame for the hatred of Nintendo.
>>
>>388798123
This is really shitty bait, but I'll bite.
They constantly make fucking awful, or at least lazy, decisions. Just barely managing to be average (BOTW, Animal Crossing, pretty much every Mario game, etc) is enough for your usual Nintendo fan to scream that it's a 10/10 game. They always seem to be impossibly unaware of what people want in their games; they generally do the bare minimum of what people expect, if even that. I've never played a Nintendo game and been pleasantly surprised; the best case scenario is that it isn't as good as I though it would be, but it was okay. Not to mention, Nintendo games always feel like the difficulty was made with little kids in mind. The only time the game ever has any challenge is the final level.
There's plenty more reasons, but that about covers the main points.
>>
>>388801641
Youtube is the one to blame then. They have a policy that allows false dmca claims to take down videos too easily.
>>
>>388801869
Fine try to beat Mario the lost levels.
>>
>>388799671
>edgy 12 year olds who want to play "adult" games

>refers to gore, violence, and murder as "adult"
>not as fun

I think we know who the real child here is.
>>
>>388802024
Lost Levels is easier than SMB1, since it allows you to continue from the beginning of each level, rather than having to go back to the beginning of the world.
>>
>>388801946
>Youtube is the one to blame then. They have a policy that allows false dmca claims to take down videos too easily.
Not really. Youtube is simply the biggest platform, which is why Nintendo targets that. Even if Youtube didn't make it this easy, purely by the way DMCA is set up Nintendo could do exactly the same thing. The reason why it works is still the same: nobody wants to fight a corporation with revenue in the billions of dollars in court.

If Twitch becomes important enough for Nintendo then the same shit will likely happen there. It's just likely not going to become important enough, because people don't want to watch Nintendo games due to the reasons listed above.
>>
>>388802105
So what would you rather play Candy Crush or BOTW?
>>
>>388801869
This is really shitty bait too
>>
>>388802128
>purely by the way DMCA is set up Nintendo could do exactly the same thing
No they couldn't. If youtube didn't take down a video, nintendo's only course of action would be to sue them, and they're obviously not going to do that when it's a review video because they know it would get thrown out of court. The only reason companies report dubious or false dmca claims is because youtube makes it way too easy to do so and there's no consequence for doing it.
>>
>>388798123
I don't know, I just fuxking don't like them okay? I don't even know why, I used to have a Wii U and everything but then after college... I just don't know. Everything they do infuriates me and I just want them to die.
>>
>>388801869
Wait, shit, I forgot to mention that I don't like Sony or Microsoft either, now the Nintendo Defense Force is going to think this is bait.
>>388802024
You're right, one hard game made decades ago means every game made this decade being effortlessly easy is okay.
>>388802229
Here's your (You) for proving my point.
>>
>>388802481
>No they couldn't. If youtube didn't take down a video, nintendo's only course of action would be to sue them, and they're obviously not going to do that when it's a review video because they know it would get thrown out of court.
Yeah, but Youtube doesn't want to get sued by random corporations. If they don't abide by the rules DMCA set forth they lose safe harbor status.

Youtube's system is different from other sites because it doesn't involve a full DMCA claim, but the problem is in DMCA claims itself. You simply need to have belief that the content is infringing your copyright and it won't be perjury to file them. This means that there's basically no negative consequences other than bad PR that can arise from this kind of DMCA abuse.
>>
>>388802723
Sounds like we need new legislation to fix these problems.
>>
>>388802821
>Sounds like we need new legislation to fix these problems.
We don't really need *more*, we need the existing legislation to be fixed. It's one of the hardest things to change in the right way, because the DMCA potentially affects how hundreds of billions up to 2 trillions of dollars flow every year. Copyright affects far too many fields to a large degree, so there are many parties that want to take advantage of it.
>>
>>388801095
https://youtu.be/0nPpOkcMY5c
>>
>>388803920
He should start streaming on twitch and become a millionaire.
>>
>>388798123
There's like three Nintendo shill threads up right now. Sony gets the major heat from here because they're the king.
>>
>>388801385
he's just a late bloomer. he reminds me of that kid from freaks and geeks.
>>
>>388806042
I'm willing to bet he will become a tranny halfway through college.
>>
>>388798123
They make good games, and they fuck up other people's games. Also >>388801016
Nintendo is fucking steve jackson games tier about copyright. It's not just videos, it's everything.
>>
File: shitter's clogged.jpg (88KB, 604x404px) Image search: [Google]
shitter's clogged.jpg
88KB, 604x404px
Fuck this thread and fuck sonybros
>>
>>388808197
>ninnytodd can't hold his shit in and just fires hershey's red hots all over the bathroom
Sounds about right.
>>
fans of nintendo are too honest with themselves.
the rest of us just cant stand that they enjoy what they like.
>>
>>388799136
So is that why they're targeting weeaboos with perpetual gachas, Fire Emblem, Xenoblades, etc.?

They're a corporation and want your money.
>>
>>388798532
2 games one that came out what 20 years ago the other like 10. there's a new M rated release for adults on the other platforms every single week.
>>
It's mostly its business practices, which ruin even their best games.
>>
I don't like anti consumer companies
a fucking 80 dollar plastic shell
>>
>>388798123
What you mean on /v/? Dude this is the biggest Nintendo safespace on the internet. Just read this thread, or any fucking thread about a Nintendo IP.
>>
>>388798123
They have this nasty philisophy of taking gamers for idiots in need to be educated. THEY decide what we should like, not you.

Understand that in their minds, the Wii U bombed because we were too stupid to see its greatness.
>>
>>388798123
They're too anti-consumer.
>>
>>388798123
Because they keep raping paper Mario and habing bad business practices
>>
>>388811162
Fuck off, Malstrom.

The Wii U did not fail. They simply revived it as the Switch and that was that. It has taken it's place as the leader in the gaming market and has pigeonholed Playstation. They can't make a console like it without sacrificing their precious power, but neither can they just pump out a PS5 and expect to compete with Switch's versatility and unique functionality.
>>
>>388812303
name two good exclusives on switch
If you post that gay ass squid shit you lose
>>
The fuck is this thread?
>>
>>388798123
Because they confuse gimmicks with innovation.
Because they are still behind in terms of online play
Because they ruined some of they franchises with gimmicks, see: Star Fox Zero
Because they refuse to learn.
>>
File: Scalper.jpg (95KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Scalper.jpg
95KB, 640x480px
>>388798123
>Dude we totally learned our lesson from the NES classic, we really care about our customers

>The 2 online retailers to sell SNES classics without a bundle both list their entire inventory on the same day at 4am with no purchase limits
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.