[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

Was it really that bad?
>>
>>388796651
No but it wasn't good
>>
How did /v/ react to this shit in 09? Wasn't around at that time
>>
>>388796998
thought it was shite
>>
File: Dark_Daxter_render.jpg (81KB, 800x622px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Daxter_render.jpg
81KB, 800x622px
Yes
>>
What happened to the Jak and Daxter series? I loved 2 and 3
>>
>>388799407
they went on to make uncharted
>>
>>388799589
Those fucking bastards
>>
>>388796998
literally not my jak same with Racing
>>
>>388799407
Naughty Dog started work on Jak 4, but they realized they didn't really have their heart in developing it. So they stopped and made Uncharted instead.
>>
File: This is fine.webm (2MB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
This is fine.webm
2MB, 960x544px
>>
>>388799730
But the series was so good, I thought it was a passion project because it was so fun, lovely and lively.... I haven't played the uncharted series, never had the chance
>>
>>388799803
uncharted is cool. id recommend buying the nathan drake collection for ps4. it makes 1 playable. i tried playing uncharted 1 years later and the controls and graphics were horrid. uncharted 2 is one of the best cinematic adventure games ever.
>>
>>388799730
Nah that was The Last of Us mate. They were trying to make a more MATURE Jak game but they couldn't so they went with that. On the one hand it's pretty juvenile they can't make a game like that anymore without feeling ashamed but I guess it's wise they may not want to tarnish Jak and Daxter with something like that (even though they kind of already did) and they did already give the series a fair whack. I think there's still people at Naughty Dog who want to make another one though and they still have the rights so here's hoping. Wouldn't mind a PS4 remaster of Daxter just to test the waters along with the recent PS4 re-releases.
>>
>>388799783
Terrible
>>
>>388799953
Alright I'll trust you anon, I 'll borrow my friends ps3..
>>
>>388800041
just skip to 2 then. the ps3 version of 1 is not great 10 years later. 2 is the best in the series. you can get it for like 5 bucks. i picked it up at a local game shop for 3 bucks the other day to play it again.
>>
>>388799957
Sorry, I got my wires crossed. I just rewatched the part of Did You Know Gaming that talks about it, and yeah, you're right.
>>
>>388799953
Don't listen to this moron. Uncharted 2 is exactly the same as the first one barring the random shitty QTE's of 1. It's the exact same bog standard sub-par shooter the first one is. They all are.

I honestly wish they'd just cut out the shooting altogether with the Uncharted games. They complain about hurr Nathan Drake mass murderer but lazily made it a shooter because it's the easiest game to make. If it was more exploration and puzzle focused with melee combat (and maybe the occasional gun) I'd probably enjoy it. I mean for fuck sake Indy didn't always shoot people.
>>
>>388800206
I'm too autistic to not play the entire series if I start playing. Also I live in Australia, prices are expensive here.
>>
>>388796651
If it's the one that was on psp it's alright
>>
>>388800041
2s sound reminds me of The shining and same for the atmosphere for 90% of the time.
1 is okay but 2 is one of the best games ever made in a way. Its like really watching a movie. God damn those sounds while you walk around so errie like The Shining. Fuck i wishthere was a game for that movie.
>>
File: 1504151946309.jpg (23KB, 306x283px) Image search: [Google]
1504151946309.jpg
23KB, 306x283px
>>388800236
>dont listen to this moron

go play 1 then 2 on ps3 then come back.
>>
>>388800259
The Nathan Drake collection goes on sale a shit ton on PSN, just wait for another sale. Or just get it from EB and if you don't like it return it in a week. I pre-ordered and returned the newest one just for the Jak and Daxter code, no regrets.
>>
>>388796998
I was excited when it got announced, but gave up all hope when I found out Naughty Dog had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>388800474
I only ever played 1 on PS3 then 2 on PS4. I noticed barely any difference barring more CINEMATIC moments. Enemies are still giant bullet sponges, areas are still glorified shooting galleries, the platforming is borderline automatic and conveniently designed.
>>
>>388800512
I don't own a ps3 or 4 kek, my friend already owns a ps3 and a bunch of games including uncharted, he doesn't even play them. Thanks for the tip though friend-o
>>
File: Jak-and-Daxter-PS4.jpg (130KB, 870x489px) Image search: [Google]
Jak-and-Daxter-PS4.jpg
130KB, 870x489px
What's the deal with the PS4 ports?
I could only find the first game in the store, when are the rest coming out?
Also I think $18 for this is outrageous but I'm still going to buy it to support the franchise. We are in the worst timeline.
>>
>>388800629
im not saying theyre 10/10 best games ever but if youre looking for a cinematic game theyre perfect for casuals. but when i played 2 on ps3 years ago and went back to play 1 i couldnt get through it. i hated the whole motion controls are used for grenades because all those lauch games had that shit (i forget if it was able to be turned off but i dont think so.) and the graphics were very noticeably worse. like they learned what to improve from the first.
>>
>>388800872
They're likely just straight emulation like the other PS2 Classics
>>
>>388800872
No clue, mate. Also I noticed a fair amount of slowdown in the PS4 port which is criminal considering it's a fucking PS2 emulation. Also I don't know if it's just me but Jak feels a lot more stiff to control and he takes a little bit to come to a complete stop. Also the sound mixing is worse. It's not as horrible as the Vita port but I'm glad I didn't pay for it. Why couldn't they have just ported over the PS3 remaster?
>>
>>388800872
>>388801515
>>388801653
Should I get if I already have the [ugh] Vita version?
>>
File: 1493711891264.jpg (64KB, 388x372px) Image search: [Google]
1493711891264.jpg
64KB, 388x372px
What is /v/'s opinion on Jak X, anyway?

I thought it was a really fucking cool and unique combat racing game that literally no game has managed to recreate. The eco mechanic synergized so fucking well with the game it was insane. Having two different kinds of weapons opened up gameplay possibilities that other kart racers would never have access too and the fucking boost always felt absolutely fucking great. Hell it even almost had an RPG-esque mechanic in dark eco whereby you could game the system by strategically taking extra damage to boost your dark eco meter and just healing it off at whatever green eco pickup you were planning to snipe.

That and I enjoyed the soundtrack a lot. I always kept resetting races to get https://youtu.be/T1rsKigVqxM as the soundtrack.

I always played as Keira, and as of then I had no idea why, but I fully understand why now.
>>
File: Jak x.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Jak x.webm
3MB, 960x720px
>>388802595
Loved it. Wish I could emulate it without all the visual glitches and random crashes.
>>
>>388796651
Some of the platforming is garbage due to the camera making it difficult to see below you when jumping from what i remember
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.