[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ratchet & Clank the Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1466833512690.jpg (110KB, 658x621px) Image search: [Google]
1466833512690.jpg
110KB, 658x621px
What went wrong?
>>
>>388794675
They made a movie.
>>
It wasn't really funny
>>
Based on a video game.
>>
They changed Ratchet's personality.
>>
>>388795987
He didn't have one, more like
>>
The movie is literally cutscenes of the game.
>>
>>388794675
They tried to make Ratchet more marketable to kids, while not understanding why kids love the OG Ratchet.
>>
>>388794675
it wasn't any good
>>
>>388795987
>>388796125
This.

The changes to Qwark were actually welcome, but it meant that Ratchet had to be a static character within his own movie. They needed to trim some fat somewhere to give him an arc.

Kudos to them for sticking to their guns when it came to casting most of the game characters. I wasn't as bothered by Paul Giamatti as some were, but then I love Paul Giamatti.
>>
They turned a buddy cop game into a generic kid's movie.
>>
The game sucked too. Oh it starts good, and because the graphics/controls have never been better you think it's going to be top shit.

Then you realize it's one of the most shallow and short R&C games ever and they tossed out all of the story so far to shill the shitty reboot movie where everything is far less funny and all personality/charm has been removed. It doesn't even have a fucking arena.
>>
>>388796343
Agreed. Paul Giamatti is an amazing actor.
Well both are. Shame we couldn't have both somehow.
>>
>>388796406
>The game sucked too
naw
>>
I thought the movie was good
>>
>>388794675

The movie was okay. If they kept his original personality from the first game, I'd say it would've been a lot better.
>>
>>388796462
I actually liked the small changes they made to Dreck's motivation. I'm a sucker for resentful villains who want to make other people suffer like they did.
>>
>>388794675
They changed Ratchet from a streetwise asshole with a heart of gold to a wide eyed child with no negative traits other than being naive. This means that Clank doesn't contrast with Ratchet, leaving him with no purpose other than just being Ratchet's jetpack.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.