[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Admit it. It wasn't that bad.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 8

File: header (1).jpg (52KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header (1).jpg
52KB, 460x215px
Admit it. It wasn't that bad.
>>
>>388787237
I don't care for the games sense of humor. Playing alone feels too grindy. But I found playing with friends very fun and entertaining.
>>
>>388787237
I don't need to admit - I always liked it, flaws and all. And the memes meme is overblown the fuck out.
Only problem is the few that're actually there, really are annoying as fuck, like not being able to play Axton without hearing the shithead constantly going "Cool story bro".
>>
I thought it was a great game back when I had friends in college. It's kinda boring by yourself though.
>>
The story sucked and the scaling went retarded after the first play through.
>>
File: DID I MENTION.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DID I MENTION.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
>>
File: DID I MENTION IT.png (207KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DID I MENTION IT.png
207KB, 1000x1000px
>>
>>388787237
1st playthrough is fun asides from some DLCs. Playing past that is a chore, even with friends. That game has one of the most retarded scaling and power creeping I've ever seen.
>>
>that bad
It's unironically the best BL game by a mile. Only contrarian retards on /v/ think it was the worst game ever made.
>>
>>388788579
I've never understood people who insist TVHM was that bad. I'm average at FPS' on my best day, and it wasn't that much harder than normal. Enemies had shields more often and it took a bit to catch up on firepower, but the pace was roughly the same ramping up from a new game. It was UVHM and the slag everything or you do nothing bullshit that was retarded.
Is this "second playthrough is unfair" thing a meme by people who never played it or something?
>>
File: I'm not proud of this.png (61KB, 284x115px) Image search: [Google]
I'm not proud of this.png
61KB, 284x115px
The more you play the more the flaws become apparent.
The scaling is complete shit. In UVHM you pretty much need to refarm your gear every 3-4 levels. Which is a pain in the ass because of the abhorrent drop rates. I farmed the bunker for a week straight and got no sham, let alone any legendary what so ever. The other major flaw is how chunky it can feel at times. Like waiting for story events to happen, or a longass dialogue scene. Examples include: first getting into sanctuary, meeting scooter, the mission that gets you the larger vehicle, anything involving claptrap, the list goes on and on. Even if you change the language so you don't have to listen to the same VAs for hundreds of hours, you still have to stand around and wait for that script to finish.

I liked it, I got my money worth, but I can't boot up the game without wanting to vomit.
>>
eh my beef with borderlands games is they give you shitty gun the whole time. the rare occasion you get a good gun you ride it out for 10 levels beyond its usefulness
>>
File: bl1 gun gen a best.jpg (304KB, 1657x1112px) Image search: [Google]
bl1 gun gen a best.jpg
304KB, 1657x1112px
It was objectively worse than the first borderlands. So, yes, it was that bad.
>>
The writing is terrible, but otherwise it's basically an improvement in every way over the original. Yes, even in the scaling.
>find a nice gun in BL1
>it can carry you through the entire playthrough
>find a nice gun in BL2
>you'll have to replace it in a few levels
The entire point of this change is that they explicitly want you to experience as many of the guns in the game as possible because "loot" is a major part of the game. They want you to mix up your playstyle and learn how all the guns work and what they do
>>
>>388789095
I think it's more that in TVHM it starts to become apparent that bullet sponginess is the only difficulty ramp you're getting. It's bearable until UVHM but you can start to see the cracks, so to speak.
>>
>>388787237
I liked it, and Maya best girl.
>>
File: Capture1.png (52KB, 287x144px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
52KB, 287x144px
The early game was infinitely better than BL1's, but the lategame scaling was abhorrent.
Which sucks, because the endgame content for BL2 was fucking fantastic.
>>
I love this game. Dunno, sniping is still fun after 300 hours. The humor is pretty dumb, but I don't care.
>>
>>388787237
It was absolutely horrible, and I loved the first game. Gameplay was worse, villain was pure shit, there was no humor in the entire game.
>>
>>388787237
fukkin this! anyone who says it's anything other than badass is a jaded shill. The base game is great and the DLC make it 10x better.
>>
>>388787237
A shame the few lewd mods are so scant. I'd put good money down for some good ones outside of what's already available. Maybe I should just commission some SFM.
>>
>>388790303

>do a few side quests
>now every single quest is SUPER EASY forever
>game is ruined for the next 200 hours

WOW
>>
It's really fun playing with friends. Dumb jokes get funnier when your group is larger.
>>
>>388790812
>get a new gun
>it's useless
>repeat ad infinitum until you get a static drop that blows away all of the random shit you get
Boy I sure am glad I spent 500 dollars on this game
>>
File: question mark 2.png (340KB, 580x720px) Image search: [Google]
question mark 2.png
340KB, 580x720px
To the people who say it has worse gameplay, what exactly do you mean by that? I understand the gun generation isn't as intricate and drop rates are garbage, but the actual gameplay of shooting shit seems overall better.
>manufacturers have very distinct appearances so you can tell who made that gun from a mile away
>enemy AI is a lot more intelligent, and enemy diversity is significantly improved. The diversity of areas you go is also more than the same dusty desert trash piles for 10 hours
>skill trees are much more robust and just have more shit to spec into
>"badass rank" is an overall better system than weapon proficiency because it doesn't actively encourage you to only use one or 2 kinds of weapons

So I am honestly curious what you all are referring to when you say the first has better gameplay
>>
>>388790508
Fuck off randy
>>
>>388787237
The first one was better.
>>
Only /v/eddit hates it. BL2 has a plethora of problems, as does 1 to a lesser extent. But both are perfectly good games, great even.
Also coopkino

Just forget about TPS though. I know some people prefer it, but they're just retarded
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.