[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you name ONE flaw with this game without bringing up Kiddy Kong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg (299KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
Dkc3_snes_boxart.jpg
299KB, 500x345px
Can you name ONE flaw with this game without bringing up Kiddy Kong?
>>
>>388772771
kiddy kong isnt even bad?

he controls better than donkey kong in the first one

imo DKC3 is the best and has the best buddy system. always loved the pacific northwest theme world as well.
>>
>>388772771
Theres nothing really wrong with the game.
>>
>>388772771
Too many gimmicky stages + artificial difficulty. It's been more than like 10 years since I last played it but I remember there being an underwater level where your controls got inverted, so shit like that
>>
>>388772771
The music got some weak pieces & wasn't as amazing as its big brothers... (DKC2 is really close to a perfect 2d platformer, just like Super Mario World!)
>>
>>388773176
I liked the level. Once you get the hang of it it's interesting. Artificial difficulty is a shit meme btw.
>>
I can't.
It's the best game of the trilogy.
>>
>>388773176
>Too many gimmicky stages
It's strange how many third games in platformer trilogies fall for this. I guess by then you're out of real ideas and just throwing in everything you can think of for a cash grab.
>>
>>388772771
>you have to rack up obscene amounts of bear coins to buy the mirror and after that, bear coins are basically useless
>>
>>388773434
It's not, it's a way for hack game designers to cut corners on design. Instead of actually creating something unique, new or interesting, they just tweak the rules of the game to make it seem like you're playing something new when you're not.
>>
It makes me kinda sad that DKC3 is so seemingly looked down upon. It's a good game, not on par with DKC2, but definately better than DKC1. It also has the best bosses in the trilogy. Kiddy Kong allows you to do much more than Donkey, especially in combination with Dixie. Dixie and Kiddy have much better team work, even if individually Dixie and Diddy are more fun to play.

Also, yeah, the music is not that great, but there are some nice tracks like Rockface Rumble.
>>
>>388772771
That fucking boss battle with the clam and you're forced to play as the elephant.
>>
>>388772771
>name one flaw
It's the underrated DKC game
>>
>>388772771
Worst soundtrack in the trilogy I guess. Still had a couple great songs though
Honestly 3 is probably my favorite DKC
>>
>>388772771
Levels fucking suck. A lot of them are based around these boring little puzzles which the engine isn't even suited for. It's like they were trying to go for a Yoshi's Island sort of thing but failed horribly.
>>
DKC3 was the DKC game I played the most when I was a kid and my brother downloaded a bunch of SNES roms for me to play.
I loved it and was shocked when I found out people hate it compared to the first two. Interestingly enough, I played DKC2 the least. I don't know if it was because it was too hard as I don't remember finding it particularly difficult, but it just didn't click with me
>>
>>388774979
While Rambi being more fun due to being an extension of the platforming gameplay, Ellie is pretty underrated. She allows for some fun level mechanics with her multitude of abilities, even if it tends to be gimmicky.
>>
Kiddy Kong was never an issue. He's just donkey kong with Diddy's shield barrel.

The art style is worse (mediocre level gimmicks and level settings), the OST look a step back (I will say DKC2 is one of the best OSTs of all time so I can't really kick them too hard), the DK coin gimmick was bad, the game in general was easier.
>>
How about having to complete the same fucking puzzle in every level for the Kaos Koin?
>>
No David Wise OST
>>
>>388773176
>>388774134

>artificial difficulty

opinion discarded
>>
File: fish.png (93KB, 216x249px) Image search: [Google]
fish.png
93KB, 216x249px
>>388772771
Instead of making good levels focused on solid platforming, nearly every level either has some gimmick or a puzzle in an attempt to make it unique.
They replaced Rambi for some shitty elephant that, quite literally, sucks.
The OST is absolute horse shit, especially compared to the other two games. DKC had an incredibly atmospheric soundtrack, which wonderfully complemented every level, and DKC2 easily has one of the most memorable video games soundtracks of all time. The only decent songs DKC3 has are Rockface Rumble and Nuts and Bolts.
The DK Coin system is retarded. Unlike in DKC2, where you have to go looking for them, you just have to bound a barrel off a wall in literally every stage. It's interesting once, but then it's just the exact same chore every time. You don't get the same feeling of pride for getting one.
The world map is overly complicated for absolutely no reason. Even with the changes to your vehicle, there still feels like there's no sense of progression.
Also Kiddie Kong sucks
t. someone who has 100%'d all three games in the trilogy
>>
>>388775797
This is an underrated complaint. A handful of levels only gave you one metal barrel or made it interesting to do but the majority where mindless, infinite retrys for the coin. Also they were almost never hard to find.

DKC2 DK coins were hard to find and could be anywhere. Name one level in 3 where you couldn't find the shield Kremling.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.