[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: tiredman.jpg (10KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
tiredman.jpg
10KB, 188x268px
What went wrong?
>>
File: 1478037234466.jpg (45KB, 570x487px) Image search: [Google]
1478037234466.jpg
45KB, 570x487px
BAH
>>
>>388764886
Worse act direction than Civ5 and simplified to reach all the casuals...i love the district mechanics thou.
>>
>>388765239
It's the best looking Civilization.
>>
>>388764886
It's the same thing as every Civ. With an expansion it'll be amazing, there's some great gameplay ideas in there that promote a lot of depth. The Eureka and District systems are big improvements to the franchise for instance. Now all they need is better depth that the Civ 5 expansions brought, the good diplomacy from Beyond Earth: Rising Tide, and it'll be a phenomenal game
>>
>>388764886
Splitting the tech tree in two.
This made them painfully short, which in turn made production way more crucial than it should be due to the speed you gain buildings and units become obsolete, shat all over the great people mechanic since it's not uncommon to skip entire eras of content and caused the whole pace of the game to feel way too fast.
>>
>>388765514
and that's what went wrong

they fucked up a strategy game in it's sixth sequel by going GRAPHICS MAKE GOOD GAME PLAY LOL
>>
>>388764886
>Make the faction leader intros very character-centric
>Doesn't bother using female only historical figures and sexualizing them all into 10/10 waifus

The game would have been an overnight sensation.
>>
>>388764886
They made a bad game.
>>
>>388764886
they didn't just remake civ 5 with all the best mods included
>>
>>388764886
i love how so many people are still playing civ 5, and this game is just dead
>>
>>388764886
It's better than V on release...
>>
>>388766901
this
>>
>>388768482
and yet way shitter than V is now, who cared what V was like on release?
>>
I really fucking hate the map art. The "paper" look takes away from it, and the resources being gigantic circles that take up the entire tile is fucking terrible
>>
>>388768649
its nowhere near as good as Shogun 2 which it's desperately trying to copy
>>
File: 1488409222950.jpg (56KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
1488409222950.jpg
56KB, 583x435px
>>388764886
Negative Civs to play as at release, somehow runs worse than Civ 5 despite the more cartoony art style, culture and tech trees are fucking weird to manage, and land management is too god damn difficult with districts, wonders, and improvements, and even though they've allowed civs to have more than one leader, they're only adding in a single shitty new civ with each DLC and nothing else.

Also,
>DLC
>>
At least for me, there are 2 major things that kill it:
>The AI is horrible, horrible shit. It doesn't play well, but even worse is that it's literally impossible to be in good terms with anyone: many civilizations have hate triggers that are impossible to avoid, and the warmonger penalties are ridiculous.
>The tech tree is just too small and empty, and the new civic tree doesn't really compensate for it. Advancing through the ages just doesn't feel that good as it did before.
>>
barbarians are just a fucking hassle now, there's no strategy to it
>>
>>388764886
good AI doesn't sell games as much as graphics and features
>>
>>388768864
>France starts hating you for not having any spies, even though it is impossible to have any spies at that point yet
GEE THIS IS FUN AND MAKES SENSE
>>
Firaxis' now near-legendary either inability or refusal to fix the fucking AI.
>>
God, it's so fucking slow to move units or do anything. Also, spamming settlers is the best way to win and barbarians are the hassle/challenge. AI is dreadful per usual.
>>
>>388768864
>>388769012
Yeah, that was driving me up the fucking wall when I played it. Civs I've barely interacted with would just hate the shit out of me for the stupidest reasons.
>>
>>388764886
The AI was designed by a fucking moron.
>>
File: 1446497874732.jpg (14KB, 283x164px) Image search: [Google]
1446497874732.jpg
14KB, 283x164px
>>388769012
>Finally get a religion going
>One turn later
>Mzemba now hates my guts because I haven't spread the religion to his tiny corner of the planet
>>
>Deity 'difficulty'
>Survive first 10 turns then easily, but painfully slowly win
>>
>ITT: I haven't played in months, but I'm 100% sure this game is as unpolished as it was at release.
>>
felt like there was too much superfluous shit
>>
>>388764886
Yet again they failed to make a good AI
>>
>>388769060

There's not that much they can do to fix it. An AI will never be able to strategize even close to the level of a human in 4x games.

Even mods like CPP resorted to things like reducing the embark penalty for AIs because they're just that bad tactically.
>>
>>388769443
I just finished a match and the game is still fundamentally broken.
>>
>>388769651
If that's truly the case then they need to get rid of 1UPT or at least change it significantly. I never played much of 4 but I don't remember the AI in 3 being cripplingly retarded.
>>
I enjoy it despite it's flaws, the AI is still a bit off but it's a lot better than it was at release
>>
>>388769443
>>played in months
>last patch was months ago
>somehow the game fixed itself without being updated

????
>>
>>388768864
>receive a request
>"hey anon would you like to join me in a war against civ X, I will attack soon"
>ok, why not
>after the war, receive a new diplomatic message from the civ that asked you to join that war
>YOU SAVAGE WARMONGER I HATE YOU
When this happened, I just lost the will to play the game. It didn't technically effect my ability to win that playthrough, but it just was so stupid that it bugged me so goddamn much.
>>
>>388769652
No, it isn't.
Either you're straight-up lying, or you're exaggerating to the point of meaninglessness. Either way, you're full of shit.

>>388769916
>July 27
>months ago
So you didn't even know the game had been updated?
Thanks for proving my point
>>
>>388769947
>neighbor asks for military assistance
>genocide his rival's people and scorched earth their whole continent
>suddenly I'M the bad guy
>>
Gameplay feels repetitive and unsatisfying.
>>
>>388770168
>No, it isn't.
The AI still cannot do war effectively even on higher difficulty levels, almost never using planes and naval units. Leaders still spam you with meaningless deals that even they won't accept, stopping gameplay flow (An issue that had actually been fixed in beyond earth). The AI traits are still impossible to satisfy in many cases. The pace of the game is also too quick, as both science and culture are easy to come by and ensure that you can almost skip the midgame. I could go on, but it's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>388768952
Are you implying civ 6 had good ai?
>>
>>388764886
I don't know.
Seemed fine, but for some reason they wouldn't let me even boot the game because of my old graphics card.
I'm playing Ark for fucks sake.
>>
>Make strategy game
>Make the AI completely retarded
>Almost make online play an afterthought

What could go wrong?
>>
>>388764886
>Every 2 turns every AI wants to announce friendship

No, fuck you.
>>
The AI feels much more frustrating in 6. When you have 11 different AI all with RNG predispositions, you end up being literally hitler in every game.
>>
>>388765702
Beyond Earth was worthless shit besides that great diplomacy system that they invented, it really saddens me if they leave the concept to waste in such a bad game and never implement it in something actually worth playing.
>>
>>388771289
And if you look at another AI's relationships they're also literally Hitler except maybe to one other AI who is sucking their dick for some unknown reason.
>>
>conquer two civs
>check relations
>-86 They think you're a warmonger
>liberate two city states
>Penalty gone

I don't understand how you people struggle with warmonger penalties.
>>
>>388771809
>penalty gone
>all civs still hate you because you chopped down a tree or sneezed the wrong way or some shit
>>
>>388768864
this is what killed it for me as well. the AI is a bigger issue for me than the tech tree, tho. it was said to be smart and each leader had certain tendencies and some random ones! well they just fucking hate you all the time. it's retarded.
>>
>>388771809
Because the AIs are just raving lunatics.
They hate you for the most inane bullshit possible and will love you for the most inane shit possible, all of that in the span of 5 minutes.
They're just incredibly inconsistent and insane, not counting the times where they hates you for shit that are simply out of your control
>>
you know it doesn't really matter if the AI hates you right? There's barely any diplomacy and it's not required for victory conditions
>>
>>388764886

1UPT, casualization, horrible artstyle and graphics, boring tech tree, ICS etc.
>>
>>388765060
TCHÊ
>>
>>388772450
>they hates you for shit that are simply out of your control

sounds a lot like real life to me what's the problem lol
>>
>>388767731
It has the best gameplay of them all minus Civ IV with DLC and if you don't mind doomstacks.
>>
>>388772549
TRI
>>
>>388772487
>There's barely any diplomacy
That just makes it worse. It's not that the game is hard with everyone hating you, it's that it's supposed to be a huge part of the game and it's crap.
>>
File: 1445221518016.png (227KB, 298x311px) Image search: [Google]
1445221518016.png
227KB, 298x311px
>>388772620
I'm not even sure if people like you are just pulling my leg or legitimately brain damaged anymore.
>>
>everyone hates you for no reason
>everyone hates each other for no reason
>you can't just build an alliance with a few civs and say "fuck those other civs in particular" and have a massive world war or anything
>>
>>388772524
>casualization
It's more difficult than V
>>
The issue is that the diplomacy makes Total War diplomacy look good.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.