[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overrated Games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: botw.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
botw.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
I'll start
>>
File: Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_Cover_Art.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
It's a great game and the first part of it (Firelink to Sen's Fortress) is a 10/10 but the game tanks in quality once you hit Anor Londo which unfortunately makes up for a decent amount of the game.

I never really understood how people could prefer it to Bloodborne or Demon's Souls just because of how bad the second part is.
>>
File: fftactics_cover.jpg (66KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
fftactics_cover.jpg
66KB, 500x500px
Final Fantasy (any)
>>
>>388761902
It'd be pretty difficult for a game rated as high as BOTW to not be considered overrated, by at least a few people. You should choose a better example.
>>
>>388763194
The last of us?
>>
>>388761902
agree
the game is a solid 8
>>
At this point, it's not even low hanging fruit. The fruit is pulped into baby food and handed to you in a airtight container to preserve freshness, OP.
>>
BotW isn't overhyped or underhyped. It got just the amount of praise and sales that its hype developed. It isn't anywhere as bad as something like Skyrim, Final Fantasy VII or the like. Hell, Stardew Valley is worse. That's a shit game that just copied Harvest Moon yet became a massive steam seller.
>>
>>388765238
>anon confuses overrated with overhyped
it's okay anon, no one's gonna take your switch away.
>>
Overrated is the least valuable thing to ascribe to anything, from film, tv, video games, experiences, theme parks, whatever. It says absolutely nothing about the quality of entertainment in question, instead marking you as either a contrarian or a moron who bought into Peter Molyneux levels of hype for fucking Mario Rabbids or some shit. It's a criticism that only exists relative to what everyone else says.

While objectivity in judging entertainment is hard to come by, something like "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a great game" is as close as you'll get. Any opinion you hold relative to that is simply subjective--you may say, "BOTW is the best game ever made" or "BOTW is the shittiest game ever made" and both opinions are simply how you view the game subjectively.
>>
>>388765238
People constantly call it a 10/10, it's a 8/10 at best.

so yes it is overrated
>>
>>388761902
7/10 game, could've been so much better if they bothered to include a game after the Great Plateau
>>
>>388769225
this. mite b cool to give me something new after the first 2 hours of the game that isn't some meme survival gear.
>>
I agree.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.