[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, which game was the greater masterpiece?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: oot_vs_ffvii.jpg (148KB, 786x372px) Image search: [Google]
oot_vs_ffvii.jpg
148KB, 786x372px
Now that the dust has settled, which game was the greater masterpiece?
>>
>>388752631
Why are you trying to compare an action adventure game to a Japanese role playing game?
>>
OoT was far more influential
>>
>>388752785
I dunno about that
>>
>>388752741
both are considered the definitive achievements of their respective consoles and have been called the greatest games of all time
>>
FF7 was fun to play whereas Zelda was not. So I'd say FF7 wins out here.
>>
>>388752631
Neither
>>
>>388752741
There is literally nothing wrong with comparing games of different platforms.
>>
Final fantasy vii.
>>
FFVII was far more ambitious but OoT was the better designed game.
>>
>every game after OoT is shit because it's a wannabe OoTclone by the numbers
>every game after FFVII is shit because it's too different and ignores everything good about VII
How did this happen?
>>
Ocarina of Time by far. FF7, and the Playstation as a whole, banked on full-motion video that was a novelty at the time and looks like utter garbage today. OoT's gameplay, while it has certainly been surpassed by more recent games, holds up remarkably well today. Not even just compared to other games of the generation, but on its own merits.
>>
Ocarina of Time had way fewer translation errors.
>>
File: 1483420220233.png (465KB, 992x940px) Image search: [Google]
1483420220233.png
465KB, 992x940px
>>388752631
The one with actual gameplay.
>>
>>388752631
FFVII has a poor battle system. OOT's combat while easy and slighty dated still holds up today. OOT is the clear winner here.
>>
>>388752631
Ocarina is AMAZING

but FF7 teabags ocarina any day. hundreds of hours more game play and adventure.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.