[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: sequels that had no right being as good as they were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: guide_screen_ds2.jpg (493KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
guide_screen_ds2.jpg
493KB, 1920x1200px
ITT: sequels that had no right being as good as they were
>>
File: DS2elite.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DS2elite.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Dark Souls & Dark Souls 2 are the only games of the series that actually compliment eachother.

Dark Souls 3 is closer to Bloodbourne than any of the Soul's games. I don't count it as part of the Trilogy that is DeS, DaS, and SOTFS.
>>
>>388737330
Dark Souls 2 was trash. Stop embarrassing yourself. It's too early for all that.
>>
>>388738332
>12:30pm
>Too early
>>
>Hourly DS2 bait
sage
>>
>>388738332
>most expansive world
>most expansive armor
>most expansive weapons
>most expansive spells
>most expansive hub
>most expansive NPC's
>most expansive DLC
>most expansive open world
>best balanced
>most fair
>power stancing
>bonfire ascetics
>soul memory (fuck you it was a much better scale than twinked low levels)
>twinblades
>reasons to leave Majula
>challenge runs
>not 100% rehash NPC's (looking at you DS3)
>fucking most epic castle entrance ever

Not to mention all of the Abyss shit, and side covenants. DS2 is the GOAT in the series.
>>
>>388738870
Not to mention the ONLY Dark Souls game to run on console (AKA non hacked/glitched/imported/edited characters) at 60 FPS.
>>
>>388737330
I had the most fun and was the most frustrated by this game out of all of them in the series.

Sotfs was WAY too many secrets though, like fuck I still remember when people found out about the invisible hollows.
>>
>>388738332

>das2 is bad meme

Monkey see monkey do
>>
DS3 is the weakest link of the entire franchise.

The only reason people play it is because of how casual and streamlined they made the experience.

You can literally summon your level 900 friend in to help you at level 1, and he can give you any piece of loot you desire and carry you to the end of the game without any break, hesitation, or moment alone that is anything longer than a 20 second sprint to the next bonfire.
>>
>>388740562
No.
>>
>>388740657
>no
Shut up faggot, you know it's 100% true.
>>
>>388738870
Best build variety and best PVP
>>
Why does Dark Souls 3 even exists? Its the Game of Thrones season 7 of the Souls series
>>
>>388740983
>Why does Dark Souls 3 even exists?
a contract that required FromSoft to make a trilogy
>>
>>388740983
So a masterpiece, you mean to say?
>>
>>388740983
I haven't seen GoT, but I'd compare it to it's the 'Disney Star Wars movies of the Souls Series.

Basically just 'give the circle jerk everything they could ever want in a singalong format'.
>>
>>388740562
Was just browsing /v/ and saw this post. I don't even play the game but this post has to be one of the most retarded I've seen in months. How about not inviting your friend then you fucking mong? The game is primarily a single player experience. That's like complaining about cheat mods making Dragon Age: Origins easy or something
>>
>>388741204

What? Dark Souls 3 feels like a bastardized Bloodborne, not like a Souls game at all
>>
>>388738410
Considering how many threads it gets /v/ must secretly love this game
>>
>>388741257

Dark Souls 3 is piece of shit but not for the reason he listed, maybe its just a falseflag
>>
>>388741457
And Disney Star Wars feels like a bastardized Lucasfilm that tries too hard to please the audience.

They're 1:1
>>
>>388738870
the thing is, most of that list is correct, but you're ignoring the fact that the game looks and feels like utter dogshit to play.
It has the most weapons but they all animate horribly.
Power stancing is great except everything just uses the same couple movesets with few exceptions and there's very little benefit to actually doing it besides looking cool.
The NPC thing is just retarded. None of them have a satisfying arc and none of them behave like real people. They sit glued to their spots in Majula, ignore everyone else and wait for you, forever. No motivation at all.
>>
>>388741497

/dsg/ loves it
/v/ is just a bunch of tryhard redditors
>>
>>388741913
>only counting the Majula NPC's
Nigga, what about Bernhart, Lucatiel, Pate, Creighton, the white phantoms with arcs, the red phantoms with arcs?

>Powerstancing sucks
Yadda yadda, it's great for PvE stomping.

>animate horribly
that's just like your opinion man, I like the animations. They feel real, and satisfying in my opinion. I especially love the lock on ready stance.

>feels like utter dogshit
aside from being the smoothest playing Dark Souls to date... All the other Souls games are just as clunky, but with an ever clunkier framerate, except PC.
>>
File: DS1elite.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DS1elite.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>noone on /v/ is even old enough to have played these games legit, or pre-DS3.
>>
>Unlike Lordran, where the flow of time is convoluted, Drangleic is stuck in an endless loop of time, with kingdoms endlessly rising and falling in the same spots.
>People that are long dead can still be summoned to your world and people still alive can access earlier eras in time through memories of the dead

>The main protagonist rampages throughout the land, in search of a way to be free of the curse and the cycle

>Drangleic itself is already free of the cycle
>>
>>388737330
Why has there been an ungodly amount of threads for this game in the past few days?
>>
File: 1502375740916.png (647KB, 636x1908px) Image search: [Google]
1502375740916.png
647KB, 636x1908px
>>
>>388746572
Dark Souls baitposter anon is the same one making all of them.
>>
File: starwarsposter-2-ollygibbs.0.jpg (120KB, 599x888px) Image search: [Google]
starwarsposter-2-ollygibbs.0.jpg
120KB, 599x888px
if it's opposite day we may as well go all-out
>>
Stop this. Dark Souls 2 is universally considered to be the worst game of all time.
>>
>>388747756
>Dark Souls 2 is universally considered to be the worst game of all time.
This.
>>
File: scorpion.gif (997KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
scorpion.gif
997KB, 245x245px
>yfw you light the torches in Undead Crypt for the first time.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.