[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gamergate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: gg.jpg (85KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gg.jpg
85KB, 2000x1000px
What the hell was gamergate? I still don't even understand it. How was /v/ involved? How did it start?
>>
It's a bunch of retarded faggots crying about SJWs and trying to cast them out while pretending its about journalistic integrity. God bless moot for kicking those fags out.
>>
>>388734530
It's not worth looking into.
I'll give you the quick version tho; some ho slept with a few guys to get good reviews on a walking simulator which pissed off a bunch of virgins to start some kind of pseudo-revolution against the gaming media for their lack of integrity(as if there was any ever) . In turn, the media spun it as an anti-women in vidya campaign (a partially true claim). The further it went, the messier it went, especially for the anti-media side.
>>
one of /v/'s most epic self-owns
>>
>>388734937
Would you say it was one of the turning points of 4chan into the camp of /pol/?

I've heard that it was responsible for mainstreaming this culture war stuff on the website.
>>
>>388734530
It's a bunch of nothing. A big flame war which changed nothing. Wanted it to be something because I fucking hate journalists but you need to do more than just shitpost online.
>>
The whole thing was stupid. It got blown up and twitter spread it around with stupid hashtags. It just became a messy shit-flinging battle between two autisms.It generally did more harm then good for the gaming industry and very little, if any, real lasting change cam about from it. Just be glad its over anon.
>>
File: egghead.jpg (25KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
egghead.jpg
25KB, 350x263px
>>388734530
Here's the basic rundown:
-Literal children on /v/ were too stupid and/or young to recognize that "gaming journalism" is just like "movie journalism" or "TV journalism" in that it's really just a tertiary marketing structure.
-A successful professional victim makes a shit game that gets good reviews because of personal ties
-Another professional victim makes a shitty kickstarter video series
-/stormfront/ seizes on this as a way to generate outrage and expose/introduce stupid kids to their ideologies while also generating a backlash to further push said kids into tribe mentality
-The plan is mildly successful as a good chunk of /v/ froths at the mouth and starts shitting everywhere
-The two professional victims make a ton of money off outrage and backlash
-4chan is made even shittier because of public exposure
>>
>>388735174
Well, it didn't 'help' this website by any stretch. Brought in alot of newfags fer' sure.
>>
>>388735174
moot got sick of all the mass reporting and kicked the faggots off /v/. They threw a hissyfit and dispersed to the otherchan and /pol/
I wish hiro would do another /pol/-harbor to mess with those retards
>>
>>388734530
>What the hell was gamergate?
The killing blow to this place
>>
>>388734907
>>388734972
>>388735298
>>388735337
>>388735360
>>388735695
>>388735794
>>388735903

AHAHAHAHAH LOOK AT THE TUMBLR IMMIGRANTS!
>>
>>388736078
>muh stormfront
>>
>>388736078
>thinking internet pseudo activism changes anything

gay
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.