[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are games nowadays buggy messes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

Seems like every game is shipped as unfinished piece of shit full of glitches and bugs, every game has a day 1 patch that breaks more things than it fixes, then over a year or so 10 more patches follow and maybe then the game is finally fine.
>>
>>388728463
Well, anon, there's a whole bunch of reasons. Taking one example, publishers might force a developer to meet deadlines which means game stability is going to suffer. How much varies on how stupid the publisher is.
>>
People rush them. Pretty fucking simple answer
>>
>>388728463
Games are bigger and more complex than ever before.
>>
Games were always buggy messes, we just used to accept it.
>>
>>388728463
Because people still buy them even with all those bugs. That's the reason why publishers can rush devs to a degree, where they have to deliver an unfinished game and why to have less testing beforehand. Why do more when people still buy it?
>>
>>388728463
>Seems like every game is shipped as unfinished piece of shit full of glitches and bugs

Have any examples?
>>
>>388729058
Every ubisoft game
Every ea game
Almost every "major" game in 2017
>>
>>388728605
This
>>
>>388728605
And companies are more greedy and are pushing unrealistic deadlines etc.
>>
>>388728912
There are just more people playing. In the 90s jthe stigma was that gaming was only for children. Now those children are adults with their own children. The industry has at least double the potential market.
>>
>>388729058
F1 2017
Assetto Corsa
Batman: Arkham Knight
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Mafia III
>>
>>388729674
MD wasn't that bad at launch, it mostly just MSAA eating half of the frames.
>>
>>388728463
Those are some big videogames
>>
>>388729058
For Honor
>>
>>388728605
>>388729579
So much this
>>
>>388728463
>1990s
>Have simple 2D games that are easy to program
>Contruct entire game from scratch with a small team working together
>2010s
>Have a complex 3D game that you need to have several different modes, ways to prevent pirating (typically through DRM or being on console), and diversity quotas for multiple platforms
>Have teams comprised of a minimum of 120 people for an AAA game and everyone uses a gaming engine
>>
>>388729058
Nigga, are you living under a rock?
>>
>>388728463
Damn, I'd bug her tiddies if you know what I mean
>>
>>388728463
>you will never uncover her uncharted jungle
>>
>>388730686
>>388730969
>>
>>388728463
The games we demand are very complex. It doesn't take much to make a house of cards fall. If we were more satisfied with simpler stuff, fewer things will break.
>>
>>388729058
>buy them even with all those bugs. That's
SimCity 2013. the beta played better than the release, took almost 2 years to be playable without a headache and all development was left with the last thing being an offline mode.
>>
>>388728463
solid 7/10 if she permanently lasers that arm hair off.
>>
>>388728463
investors something something internet something something consoles being more like PCs and making it easy to patch bugs, that's the most important stuff
>>
>>388730969

It's a dude, check out that Adam's apple.
>>
They don't have to fix all bugs when the games are shipped because they can just push out day 0/day 1 patches.
>>
>>388733687
fucking virgins I swear
>>
>>388728463
You're new as fuck to games if you think that. In FF1 like 75% of the spells do nothing, several main stats are broken a critical hits are broken.

In FF6 main stats are broken and a bunch of other shit is broken.

FF15 has less bugs than most of the series to be honest.
>>
>>388734570
Please, spare us the Casanova act, you beta orbiter. After all the fat, repulsive whores you worship are done soaking your attention, you're still getting friend zoned.
>>
>>388735123
stop projecting
>>
>>388735220
You clearly don't know what that means.
>>
>>388735283
I never said anything about being some casanova pussy slayer mcchad, which is why your reply surprised me
>>
>>388734774
Square has always been an extremely shitty developer about those things, though.
>>
>>388729579
>And companies are more greedy and are pushing unrealistic deadlines etc.
this, also
>we'll fix it in a patch
>day one 70GB patch
>>
>>388728912
People believe devs/publishers learned from the last game. Just check every single announcement on /v/, people go saying it'll FIX EVERYTHING all the time.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.