[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Derek Smart was right.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: STAR CITIZEN.jpg (315KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
STAR CITIZEN.jpg
315KB, 666x666px
>>
>>388726058
>/v/ now parrots niggers opinions

What happened?
>>
>>388726398
Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>388726398
Found the cultist. How much have you spent?
>>
>>388726503
No, fuck you. SC is a good game at current state and you all are just autist complaining about things you don't understand
>>
>>388726650
I did the math. You're pretending.
>>
>>388726058
I don't think he is. If he was right they would never have bothered making that planet procedural tech they've shown off. That took a lot of work and funding to create, not something a scammer would have put effort into. You could make the argument that they're incompetent with their time management or whatever, but it seems to me they actually are trying to make the game.
>>
>>388726650
>No, fuck you. SC is a good game

lol
>>
>>388727174
I think an actual scammer would have delivered a more finished product than what we have now. Sure the scope would be much smaller but it would have been released by now and the scammer gone with a million bucks pocketed. Chris on the other hand is pumping money in a project that's to big for him to manage and he thinks just pumping in more money would change it. Chris is a great ideas man but that should be it. ideas. The actual management should be done by someone else.
>>
File: 1501437692311.jpg (791KB, 1300x3493px) Image search: [Google]
1501437692311.jpg
791KB, 1300x3493px
>>388727446
The scope of Star Citizen is already much smaller than it was intended to be.
>>
>>388727446
Derek Smart's whole pitch was that they're all scammers just pumping out ship sales and not doing anything else, when clearly this isn't the case. I will agree though that Chris is good for ideas and bad at management. Every step of this game has been delayed far beyond what was originally scheduled for. But this is also the saving grace a lot of people are wanting. People don't like the tight schedules that shoot out incomplete shitty games that the industry has been stuck in for years and someone who's not beholden to a publisher is the perfect candidate to drive some real innovation without any time or bullshit checklist constraints.
>>388727710
That's not true though, he never expected to ever get this far. It was originally just going to be a single player space fighter sim (Squadron 42) and the rest was just a fantastical what if scenario. That pic is misleading, that's where the current development is at the final plan hasn't been downgraded in scale.
>>
>>388727959
>Star Citizen brings the visceral action of piloting interstellar craft through combat and exploration to a new generation of gamers at a level of fidelity never before seen. At its core Star Citizen is a destination, not a one-off story. It's a complete universe where any number of adventures can take place, allowing players to decide their own game experience. Pick up jobs as a smuggler, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, or enlist as a pilot, protecting the borders from outside threats. Chris Roberts has always wanted to create one cohesive universe that encompasses everything that made Wing Commander and Privateer / Freelancer special. A huge sandbox with a complex and deep lore allowing players to explore or play in whatever capacity they wish. That universe is Star Citizen.
It was always intended to be a massive sandbox space sim.
>>
Dont bother with cultists, they will ignore everything wrong and parrot the promises that will never happen

I cant imagine why they are so defensive about a "game" that doesnt even exists and never will

Its NMS all over again, except nms actually got released
>>
>>388728118
Is that from the original 2012 kickstarter or what's on their site right now? Because yeah no shit that's the current intention now and has been since he started getting way more money than he expected.
>>
>>388728513
That's from the kickstarter. If you actually knew anything about the history of the project you would know it was always supposed to be a space sim. He spent years trying to make one including his last failed project Freelancer.
>>
>>388728513
It's been the intention ever since the fucker was first spoken about. It was never just going to be a single player space fighter game, that was just a first step in the grand plan that was always clearly articulated.
>>
>>388728643
>>388728671
Hmm okay, maybe I've been mistaken. But I'm sure the scope of the in-game universe has been greatly increased from what he was originally planning. Even so, the progress might be slow, but I've been watching since 2014 now and there is without a doubt been progress. It used to take forever for them just to make 1 ship now they do it relatively easily. Once they've worked out building the first star system, than the next one will be a bit easier and faster, and than the next one will be even more so than that etc.
>>
>>388729164
>But I'm sure the scope of the in-game universe has been greatly increased from what he was originally planning
It did because there was a point where they started getting a shitload of money and asked the original backers if they wanted to go past the original release window to expand on the game and most of them said yes. The overall concept of the game is still the same though.
>>
He's right, but then again a lot of people were.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIn1_9YvGds
>>
>>388729164
I was about to jump in when the first playable version was released (whatever they called it the one which was just basically a flight demo, maybe a deathmatch thing)
But it always had a fishy smell about it when you went on to their page and there were multi-thousand $$ unreleased ships for sale, for an product nowhere near completion, with an uncertain future.
Scam might not be the right word but it certainly had a very dodgy feel.
Then there were those highly choreographed E3 or games convention "live gameplay" demonstrations that should have been a big red flag for anybody wishing to put money into it.
Not dropping any money until it's finished.
>>
>>388730169
I understand I was really annoyed when they kept releasing and making new ship sales and not updating us on anything else. I bought the basic package in 2015 and thought maybe it is a farce. I felt a little better when the first crusader system was released and felt a lot better when they showed the procedural planet tech. Maybe it will fail, but it won't be because he was trying to scam people. The work that has been done requires too much effort and money for that. If it does fail than it will be because of incompetence/and or the goals simply being too high to achieve. Even than I won't feel too bad about wasting my money because I invested and lost fair and square instead of being cheated out of my money if it was a scam. If that makes any sense.
>>
File: spacecitizen.png (1MB, 1827x689px) Image search: [Google]
spacecitizen.png
1MB, 1827x689px
Daily reminder.

>>388726058
>>
The game will not be released at promised. At this rate of development, it will take a 15-20 year dev time.

If we consider that proper studio development began in January 2013, we will soon be 5 years in. For what? Less than 1/100 of the game that has been promised.

You can argue what-ifs forever. All that really matters, though, is what's on players' screens.
>>
>>388731860

>took 4 years to invent copy-pasting for satellites and stations
>Will take another 10 years to finish
What did he mean by this?
If most of the underlying tech is finished, but a fuck ton of bugs remain, and both the rate of bug fixing and preventing bugs from appearing is completely unpredictable, is it fair to say it'll take longer to fix all the bugs than to build the systems that spawned them?
>>
Daily reminder to thank Germans for funding this nongame.
>>
>>388731258
post the one with the automatic doors
>>
I haven't been following SC that closely, what are the currently released parts of the game? The last thing I remember was the ability to run around a rather glitchy space station and flying around it with spaceships.
>>
File: dereksmartwasright.jpg (59KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
dereksmartwasright.jpg
59KB, 1024x682px
>>388727710
>mfw
>>
>>388732565
I think it's still a "buggy ships on a space station simulator", don't think they added the procedural planets and ground cars yet. They've got a long way to go to bring the alpha close to a video game and less a sandbox of shit.
>>
>>388732565

That's pretty much it at the moment. Next update features several months of updates, but probably the most important is finally a patcher than uses delta patching - only the bits that actually changed.
Then we can bitch about how they're not updating often instead of pushing back one update. No more "release date maybe" shit.
>>
>>388726058
This is star citizen.
>>
>>388732802
So until this patcher comes in, the entire game has to be downloaded whenever they release a single bugfix? Sounds really fucking stupid to me, why not have delta patching from the start, especially since this game is in early access and updated often
>>
>tell a redditor that scam citizen will never fulfill its promises
>he starts chenging subject about why am i so evil do my psrents cry because of what i have become
>see in his post that his mother died at childbirth
>answer to his parents qurstions that he couldnt even get born right and offer his mom
>he shuts up amd i get banned from scam citizen subred

What a fag
>>
>>388733731
Combination of stability and packing everything into as small a space as possible while having an index that's usable by the engine.
Y'know, standard practice.
SVNs don't like that too much though until you set up some kind of program that to break your stuff down before patching. That's in the late bug fixing bit now, and is the next big leap forward for the speed the devs can make and distribute internal builds instead of sitting around downloading.
>>
File: 1503697622197.jpg (335KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503697622197.jpg
335KB, 1920x1080px
>>388732789
there was a stream lately
they've got ground vehicles and weapons now
they don't have performance or good networking however.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.