[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So now that Sonic Mania revived the series, how would a good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

So now that Sonic Mania revived the series, how would a good 3D Sonic game be made?
>>
>>388718869
Butthurt modern sonic fan
>>
You're two weeks late to this discussion.
>>
>>388718784
>Third person. Close camera.
>Open ended race. Imagine a track that splits into three track segments that split into three track segments.
>Hold cross to break obstacles.
>Hold square to dodge lasers/jump over traps.
>Hold triangle to kill RED enemies.
>Hold circle to kill BLACK enemies.
>>
>>388718980
This is for the benefit of the pc fans.
Unless they're pirates, in which case it's unfortunate for them that they can't get the game yet.
>>
FUCKING HELL: >>388719135

I wasn't finished. Give me a minute.
>>
>>388719135

>cross

Am I being trolled?
>>
inb4 some retard posts utopia
>>
File: Utopia.jpg (173KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Utopia.jpg
173KB, 960x1280px
>>388719365
>>
UPDATING: >>388719135

>Third person. Close camera.
>Open ended race. Imagine a track that splits into three track segments. Each of those split into three track segments. One segment might be a series of loops. Another might be a series of jumps.
>Hold cross to break obstacles.
>Hold circle to dodge lasers/jump over traps.
>Hold triangle to kill BLACK enemies.
>Hold square to kill RED enemies.
>Dynamic animations depending on what Sonic's doing. Kill animations. Kill animations while dodging. Kill animations while breaking obstacles. Dodge animations without enemies present. Dodge and obstacle destruction at the same time animations.
>The game throws more at you to make shit difficult. Every stage ramps that shit up.
>Only time momentum stops is when you fuck up. If you're doing good, the game just gets faster and faster.
>Nightmare mode for Sonic autists to master true speed and precision.

tl;dr make Sonic a fucking rhythym game.
>>
File: SADX.jpg (62KB, 600x840px) Image search: [Google]
SADX.jpg
62KB, 600x840px
I used to love this game as a kid. So many good memories. I even used to defend it on Arin/sonic threads. So I decided to play it during my Sonic marathon before Mania came out, and Jesus Christ, this is one of the most broken, tedious piece of shit I have played in a long time. Not even the sonic levels are good.
I challenge anyone who defends this piece of shit to replay it and I fucking promise you will come to agree with me. Fuck this game.
>>
>>388718869
t. PCfag
>>
>>388719708
L2/R2 can be dodge left/dodge right.
>>
>>388719787
If only everyone else would replay it too. I mean I still enjoy most Sonic games, but the people defending them as great games are straight up delusional and must not have touched the games for years.
>>
>>388718784
Why do you guys obsess about making Sonic 3D? Why not accept that the formula does not work in 3D and that is that?
No one wonders how Contra in 3D would work, or Kirby in 3D or whatever. Why not just stick to something that prove to work and build up from there?
>>
PLS FUCKING RESPOND: >>388719708
>>
>>388719135
>kill BLACK enemies
Um, racist and sexist much?
>>
>>388718784
>now that we got Sonic running again, how can we completely reinvent him again for the next game
You know what, I think you would fit right in with Sonic Team.
>>
>>388720134
Mario envy.
>>
I say don't bother with 3D Sonic anymore. Keep making more games like Mania.
>>
>>388719708
This sounds nothing like what Sonic is about.
>>
>>388718784
By not making it 3d
>>
>>388720558
What's it about, then? 'Cause I just gave you extreme speed with next to no breaks in momentum if you're good, complete with multiple paths.
>>
>>388718784
The full image of the op. Post it.
>>
>>388720704
Sonic's gameplay is about weight. What you just wrote is about pressing the right button at the right time.
>>
So what's sonic running away from?
>>
>>388718784

A really shitty story and momentum physics.
>>
>>388718784
Have you learned nothing? Sonic should just stay in 2D retro vidya, going back to 3D will restart the cycle of cringy bullshit
>>
>>388721637
Two unidentified pink characters.
>>
>>388719787
Yes, it is a buggy mess, but it's not as if there's nothing to like at all.
>physics
>the variety of levels and their themes if nothing else
>GET A LOAD OF THIS
>>
>>388718784
By replaacing Sonic Team with some people who know what they're doing.
>>
>>388720117
>>388719787
I literally just played it through again on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Gamma and had a good ass time.
https://youtu.be/MnspC-qe8zg

also dl this mod if you want a better windy valley
https://youtu.be/rAEgLe6PfaU
>>
>>388718784
I know how cliched it is to say this, but that doesn't make it any less true. You just need to take as much inspiration from Sonic Utopia as possible. Open levels, likely Mario 64-esque level design with goals that require exploration, momentum based physics with simple controls and little to no scripted movement with gameplay that is more parkour than platformer. In other words, simply take everything that works about 2D Sonic and translate it into a 3D space.
>>
>>388723449
Took you long enough to get here. See you in the next thread.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.