[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which console/handheld would you call the king of rpgs, for now?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (4KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 304x166px
Which console/handheld would you call the king of rpgs, for now?
>>
The Nintendo Switch because it has the greatest RPG of all time, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
>>
>>388715020
Hello no if only for that reason. Botw is not even a true rpg
>>
>>388714936
i'ts either the PSP, or the DS

>>388715553
what is a true RPG anyway?
but I must agree (I still like that game tough)
>>
>>388714936
Definitely PS1.

PS1 > PS2 > DS > SNES > PSP > 3DS > Vita, tentatively.
>>
>>388716324
PSP RPGs kinda sucked.
>>
I guess PC doesn't count? It has the most rpgs, majority of which are offensively bad but it also has monopoly on isometric party based ones.
>>
>>388714936
gba I guess
>>
>>388714936
PS1 with SNES up on its heels. PS1 has the biggest library of good JRPGs where the SNES has a handful of some of the best RPGs ever made.

Then again those two tend to be the best for everything
>>
>>388717415
What did GBA even have? FF ports and Golden Sun?
>>
>>388714936
Vita.
>>
3DS and Vita
>>
>>388718910
>>388718962

>Vita

What the fuck?
>>
>>388719635
Panty Quest #1523 is clearly GOTYAY
>>
>>388719635
Vita library (which is good) + PSP library (which is also good) + PS1 library (which is shit, but still) = 80% of decent RPGs out there.
>>
>>388719906
Vita library is trash and PSP library sucks for RPGS which aren't SRPGs.
>>
>>388719957
>Vita library is trash
Wrong.
>PSP library sucks for RPGS which aren't SRPGs.
Also wrong.
>>
>>388720025
Persona is the flagship for JRPGs on both consoles. That should tell you just how fucking dire the state of things is.
>>
>>388720438
And FF is the flagship RPG on PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4/whatever? Does that mean their libraries are that much worse? No. There're Falcom games on both PSP and Vita. There're Gust games on both PSP and Vita. There're Tales games on both PSP and Vita. There's Utawaremono, there's Neptunia (which is nothing special, but it's still a fairly decent game despite what /v/ says). There's a lot of games that are much better than Persona. They just don't appeal to normalfags.
>>
>>388720891
Utawarerumono*
>>
>>388720891
You're right then.
If you're the sort of person who thinks Neptunia is even worth the time taken to pirate it, the PSP and Vita are full of JRPGs. Christ, get some taste.
>>
>>388714936
Who wants a console full of rpgs anyway? I can't imagine playing them one after another. They're so draining.
>>
>>388714936
PSP since you can play snes and psone rpgs which incidentally also are the consoles that had the two big waves of jrgps.
Everything after got less and less rpgs and less impressive one at that.
If you are looking for crpgs its pc ... in actuality it might be pc anyway since you can also play snes and psone emulators..
>>
>>388721472
What do you mean? RPG is the genre with the most varied gameplay, so its a different game all the time.

Didnt you ever get bored of other genre, who had the same thing no matter what title.
>>
>>388721798
SNES emulation on PSP is kinda shit though.
Vita can actually play SNES games without aggressive speedhacks and frame skipping, and also plays PSP and PS1 games just as well.

There's also Vita games if you care for that.
>>
>>388721919
> RPG is the genre with the most varied gameplay
Each RPG is the same DVD menus with copypasted content repeated for 100 hours.

>Didnt you ever get bored of other genre, who had the same thing no matter what title.
Yeah sure every single racing game is identical. Or each fighting game.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.