[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this an unbashed masterpiece or there are glaring flaws?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg (56KB, 256x369px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Souls_II_cover.jpg
56KB, 256x369px
Is this an unbashed masterpiece or there are glaring flaws?
>>
File: SotFS_RatAuthority.jpg (2MB, 1538x884px) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_RatAuthority.jpg
2MB, 1538x884px
>are there glaring flaws
It sucks.
>>
>>388714923
>Braaaawk!! Polly want a cracker, braaaaaaaaaaaaawk!
>>
why not both
>>
Aldia's Keep is too linear.
Tseladora can't be cleared without warping.
SotFS overuses Fragrant Branch gating.
>>
>>388714858
It has flaws, but it's still the best game in the franchise.
>>
>>388715139
Yeah, I love Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>388714858
I liked it but it still had a lot of flaws
>>
>>388714858
Is this a bait thread or is your taste really this irredeemably shit?
>>
>>388714984
You cannot defend Rat Sif.
>>
>>388715410
What's wrong with it?

>it's too hard

isn't a real complaint.
>>
While its a much better game than DaS3 its not really a improvement from the first, it has a different feel to it which is not bad exaclty
>>
>>388714858
It's unironically superior to DS1 in every single way. It has more content and the overall variety of content is much better. The combat system is better, the balance is head and shoulders above that of DS1 and the game is overall much more difficult. Personally, it's my favorite Souls game out of all PC titles.
>>
>>388715468
The fight is determined at the start by whether or not you get poisoned, it's terrible design and just how bad the designers missed the mark of the game. They adhered to 'DUDE MAKE IT HARD FOR THE SAKE OF BEING HARD XD' when that's never been the intention of the series.

No one with any dignity should be defending that fight.
>>
>>388715468
What's good about it?

>I liked it

isn't a real argument.
>>
File: 1503844592823.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1503844592823.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>388714858
>b-b--b-b-b-b--bb--bb--b-but m-m-m-m-m-muh g--g-g--g-ganks!!!! u-u-unfair!!!
>im trash at life, trash at the game and have the IQ of a monkey so the game is bad!!!
>>
>>388715602
I don't need to prove that it's good, you need to prove that it's bad.

I honestly had no problems or second thoughts about it when I played the game completely blind when it came out.
>>
>Miyazaki only gets a minor role on working on Dark Souls 2
>it's the best Souls game
>Miyazaki works on Dark Souls 3 again
>it's shit

Can't make this shit up.
>>
the weapon durability was poor. they changed curved sword attacks which really killed a lot of the fun for me.
>>
>>388714858
Its unabashed autism. Like minecraft for edgy teens.
>>
File: Oscar.jpg (144KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Oscar.jpg
144KB, 1280x720px
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>No bonfire and no death challenge where you can beat the game without resting at a bonfire or dying to gain a reward and bragging rights

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Bonfire ascetics to replay bosses you like and or gain items from NG+ and beyond without grinding through the whole game again
>>
>>388714858
That depends on whether or not you're talking about vanilla 2 or Shit On the Fucking Series edition.
>>
It's far better than Dark Souls 3, which is not saying much
>>
>>388715594
Ur clearly just a fkn casual my friend. Kill the small rats and you won't get poisoned
>>
>>388715692
everything is bad unless proven otherwise
>>
>>388715692
if you played DaS1 before playing the second one, you'll know just how fucking bad 2 is.
>>
>>388715692
>I don't need to
In other words you can't. Typical Dark Souls II babby.
>>
>>388716118
You forgot:

>Not relying on DS1 for most of it's plot while not explaining jack shit at all while introducing new ideas then immediately throwing them out of the window

One of the most frustrating things about DS3 if you ask me.
>>
>>388714858
It had it's flaws, like every game but I like it. It's not the best in Soulsborne but it also doesn't deserve the shit it got from the elitist idiots that make up most of the fanbase.

>But it's trash!
Yeah, it didn't stop me from liking it, and I don't think some random asshole on the internet will change that.
>>
File: 1471700532842.png (239KB, 700x739px) Image search: [Google]
1471700532842.png
239KB, 700x739px
>>388714858
glaring flaws.

Crappy boss design
lazy enemy placement, nearly every fight was a gank squad
some questionable level designs (pic related is biggest offender)
ADP

they made DaS2 hard for the sake of being hard.
>>
File: fsPBuOe.png (185KB, 734x640px) Image search: [Google]
fsPBuOe.png
185KB, 734x640px
>>388716513
>>388716649
>Contrarians
>>
>>388716753
>Paid reviews are now a sign of how good a game is
Nu-/v/ everyone
>>
here's why DkS2 is trash and a painful disappointment after its legendary predecessor :
Shitty art direction and atmosphere: despite the fact that it's newer than DkS1 and DeS, it's still looks uglier than them and more disneylandish, the dark fantasy was weak in it.
shitty world design/layout: though it at least is still better than DkS3's world. the star shaped world design/layout in DkS2 is a downgrade from its predecessor's complex metroidvania-like world.
Soul Memory.
Teleportation from the start: the thing that ruined the series for all games to come.
floaty and unsatisfying combat: fake omni-directional rolling, lack of feedback when you hit or get hit by an enemy, crappy animations...etc, the combat doesn't really have a good hefty feel to it, it's like you're fighting under water.
generic and unoriginal bosses: some of them could be beaten simply by circle strafing, basically a lot of the bosses and other elements in the game aren't as imaginative (weird, bizarre, fucked up) as the ones in games directed by Miyazaki, they're a bit more generic.
Agility: this is one of the main reasons why combat felt shitty, you'd time your roll correctly but then notice your health mysteriously turned yellow and went down.
Hype: the game was hyped to shit, it was the sequel to what many players and two publications (Gamesradar and Edge) considered to be the greatest game of all time, the end product was a total disappointment, many of the things that were loved in the original weren't there, instead the game only added some minor, barely important improvements like power-stancing and weapon parrying. what little good things the game did, weren't good enough to make it comparable to the rest of the games in the series, except maybe Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>388716796
>I disagree with a review so it MUST be paid off
no it's just normies
>>
Let's see:
1.Soul Memory is a very shitty concept, even more so with Agape Ring that invalidates Soul Memory!
2.Pointless bosses, Prowling Manus and Congregation is basically a whole bunch of hollows.
3.Weapons in left hand do less damage for no good reason, even if two handed.
4.Many locked doors, not many keys to open them. Talking about statues, sometimes they hide a piece of trash and sometimes you are forced to use them to progress in the area!

But still, had so many good things but Miyazaki decided to "muh nostalgia" everything instead... why the fuck do weapons in left hand block? Who decided to keep this?
>>
>>388717197
>muh nostalgia

Even if DS2 is probably objectively worse than DS3, I still like it a lot more because they tried new things instead of falling back on the older ones.

I'm still salty they removed the 'make your own bonfire' thing from DS3.
>>
>>388716913
That's my main problem.
The combat is mega slow, like every weapon you have is a Greathammer...
>>
>>388717365
I was talking about Miyazaki's approach to DS3.
No bonfire ascetics.
No left hand functionality.
No small soapstone.
No invasions after boss is gone.
Majority of weapons unbuffable/unifusable.

And many more.

I like Dark Souls 3 more than Dark Souls 2, but if A-team actually worked with B-team instead of ignoring it completely then it wouldn't feel like Dark Souls 1: Episode 2
>>
>>388714858
There are glaring flaws.
>>
>>388717706
But don't you know everything from DS2 is bad? There were no good things about it whatsoever? What's that, some mechanics were good? Get this madman out of here, DS1 is the best game there ever was, now let me go import all those models from it and throw them into dead piles 'cause that's SUBTLE STORYTELLING

Like said, DS3 is probably better but it's so goddamn boring and safe to me that I can't help but dislike it. Even the 'improvements' they made just seemed like a step back.
>>
I hate lots of things in DAS2 that lots of people also hate and believe are the core problems.

But the thing that really got under my skin was something extremely petty and aesthetic. The walking/running animations are such a clunky, ugly downgrade from 1. I have to look at that shit the whole damn game and it makes me want to puke.
>>
>>388716913
>metroidvania

Stopped reading right there
>>
>>388714923
>>388715594
Holy shit this is what DS2 haters think

Legit get good or never post in any souls thread ever again
>>
File: Souls.png (995KB, 1994x624px) Image search: [Google]
Souls.png
995KB, 1994x624px
>>388719702
>can't counter their arguments
>just tell them to "git gud"

DaS2 fanboys everyone
>>
>>388714923
>>388715594
>>388719908
Move the left stick to evade the little ratdogs attacks, RB twice, repeat until there are no more minions. If you are bad enough to get poisoned eat poison moss which can be farmed or bought in the same area. Beat the boss

Too smart for the DS3 babby's little mind

>The fight is determined at the start by whether or not you get poisoned, it's terrible design
Gaming journalist tier
>>
>>388715594
>The fight is determined at the start by whether or not you get poisoned

just like how the Carpa Demon fight is determined at the start if you can get to the stairs or not.

>>388720508
>Too smart for the DS3 babby's little mind

>b-b-b-but DaS3!
DaS2 fanboys. DaS3 being sub-par does not negate DaS2 being shit
>>
File: 1477426381895.gif (981KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1477426381895.gif
981KB, 500x322px
The people defending DS2 so vehemently only do so as it was there first souls game.

Had they played Demons or DS1 they would gladly shit on DS2 for the disaster that it is.

DS2 isn't precious or special and it's widely regarded as the worst in the series. Get over it.
>>
>>388720703
Except DS2 is better than anything in the second half of DS1 and miles ahead of DS3. It only loses to Bloodborne.

When I see complaints about the difficulty I just laugh because even if it's the best in the trilogy it's the easiest. Real challenge comes from the DLCs and NG+.
>>
>>388717706

DaS3 doesnt evel feel like a Souls game but a bastardized BB
>>
>>388719908

How is it even possible to be this much of a pleb?
>>
>>388720865

Dark Souls 3 exists
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.