[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me your fondest video game memory involving your parents.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 502
Thread images: 114

File: 90s.jpg (843KB, 2320x3456px) Image search: [Google]
90s.jpg
843KB, 2320x3456px
Tell me your fondest video game memory involving your parents.
>>
my parents have always seen video games as waste of time, and still do
so no "fond" memories

its funny how it was okay for me to watch TV as long as I wanted but gaming after certain time was out of the question
>>
>>388714376
they told me videogames made me violent

jokes on them though i was violent anyway
>>
When the first Crash Bandicoot came out, my mom let me skip school and drove me to the mall to buy it.

Thanks, Mom.
>>
>>388714376
>blew up the death star on gamecube in coop mode in Star Wars Rogue Leader 3 or 2
That was the only time my dad played vidya with me and it was awesome that me and my dad were hero's.
Atleast to my 6-8 year old mind it was.
>>
>>388714376
That image screams 1999, even their haircuts do.

I had a fond memory of playing Melee with my parents and sister when I got it for my 10th birthday. I remember everyone having fun, mainly because we equally sucked at Melee.

I also remember playing Wii Sports with my entire family for Christmas 2008, but this was also around the time my parents stopped gaming.
>>
File: mario.gif (2MB, 240x192px) Image search: [Google]
mario.gif
2MB, 240x192px
>>388714376
My mum's obsession with Mario games. I don't know why she liked them so much - her favorite was Yoshi's Island on SNES.
>>
>>388714748
she wanted italian dick
>>
Entering my older brother's room on the first day of 1999 to ask him if I could play with the new game we got for our N64 (we only had Mario 64 until then so I didnt know how playing other games work, I was 6 okay?)
I remember it as if was today, the game was OoT btw.
>>
>>388714481
I still find it weird that my parent tell me video games are a waste of time, it's still sitting in front of a tv/monitor which they do anyway.
>>
Teaching my dad how to play waverace 64 :(
>>
File: 1499372085948.png (340KB, 858x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499372085948.png
340KB, 858x360px
Dad's responsible for getting me into video games and teaching me how to pirate in the first place. Then he started drinking like he's doing a dwarf roleplay and never stopped
>>
>>388714376
when i was 10 and playing RE3:nemesis at 1 am screaming because nemesis was chasing me and I had no ammo. my mom popped her head in and told me to shut the fuck up. good times.
>>
>>388714609
>people on this board were 6-8 years old when the gamecube was out

im too old for this shit
>>
>dad brings home floppy game disks from work
>i play
ye thats it
>>
File: LUL.png (747KB, 497x653px) Image search: [Google]
LUL.png
747KB, 497x653px
>>388714940
>Then he started drinking like he's doing a dwarf roleplay and never stopped
LOL
>>
>>388714376
>the calender
what the fuck
>>
Dad giving me my first computer with a hugeass chunky monitor and letting me have it in my room to play Monkey Island.
If i ever went full-on blue arm sonic autism, it would be over Monkey Island or Command and Conquer
>>
File: 1475450697946.jpg (45KB, 500x406px) Image search: [Google]
1475450697946.jpg
45KB, 500x406px
>get lotr two towers for ps2
>Christmas day, family is over
>Keep dying to the cave troll in the beginning
>Grandma roots for me and is ecstatic when we finally beat it
Nothing even close to that fun had ever happened before or after that
>>
Playing Mario Kart/Party on N64. Even mum would join in. Good times.

Also EyeToy on PS2 playing that window washing minigame and dad pretending to wash the bird shit with his tongue
>>
i remember getting one (1) game for my 10th birthday which was that shitty south park fps for the n64. on the drive home my brainlet mother saw a line on the box about anal probing aliens and made us go back to toys r us. exchanged it for rogue squadron so not bad.
>>
My parents use to run gaming club in the 90s, my mom used to beat dad in tekken all the time, he would then play solo learning combos and shit however that didn't help him much. Years later me and bros were playing tekken 5 and we managed to beat the game with all the chars cept kuma, couldn't beat Jinpachi, mum came and beat him in 2-3tries.
>>
Completing Driver 76 with my dad on new year's eve.
>>
>>388714376
I can't even remember what christmas it was but after weeks of asking my parents every day to "Buy me a videogame" I finally opened up my presents to discover a brand new copy of Mischief Makers.
I wasn't even upset that they didn't buy an N64 (I don't know why but in retrospect it was probably because they were sold out for the holidays) I must have read that instruction manual 100 times before I actually got the N64 a few days later.
I was never really able to get my parents into games but I think that's fine.
>>
>Play star wars racer on our family pc
>We try to beat each other times
>Begin to rape his times consistently
>He quits
What a faggot
>>
>>388714376
>celtics calender
>raiders covers over nfc east covers
>patriots helmet

blasphemous and deplorable
>>
>>388714990
Anon im 24
If you arent 50 years old stop being a little bitch.
>>
File: Atari-2600-Wood-4Sw-Set.jpg (104KB, 1200x701px) Image search: [Google]
Atari-2600-Wood-4Sw-Set.jpg
104KB, 1200x701px
My dad drove to Germany from Denmark to get pic related for my two brothers and me.
>>
File: 1481071160242.jpg (62KB, 623x713px) Image search: [Google]
1481071160242.jpg
62KB, 623x713px
My dad and I never got along much growing up. He was the "I work hard everyday and I'd you dont, then you're a pussy " kind of guy.

Video games were beneath him, however one day he was watching me play Tekken 3 and I was getting my was handed to me by the character Law. My dad was very nostalgic of the 70's and noticed Law looked and sounded slit like Bruce Lee.

He sat down on the couch, actually asked me if he could play too. I was overjoyed. We played a few rounds and it was one of the only good memories with my dad at a young age.

3 days later my mom finds Tekken 3 I'm the floor and says, "I'm sick of fucking telling you to pick up your games" and snap the disc in two.
>>
>>388715163
SHUT UP ITS NOT FAIR

>>388715267
you sound like a little shit
>>
File: 1503879319358.jpg (145KB, 459x600px) Image search: [Google]
1503879319358.jpg
145KB, 459x600px
>>388714376
>never played games with father, who is 62 years old currently
>a year ago or so finally some some virtual tennis 4 with him because I always wanted to play something with him and he liked tennis
>he's practically never played jack shit in his life
>I have like 15 years of gaming experience
>neither of us have ever played a sports game
>he fucking beats me 7/10 times

fucking legend

I'm going to cry for months when he dies
>>
Me and my mom played a lot of hospital tycoon on the ps1 after she came from work
>>
>be about 8
>playing Hercules for the PS1
>this one part of the game is beating my ass
>get mad that I have to take breaks to go piss
>decide to put on a diaper to allow more attempts
>the game's frustrating me so much that I'm having a full on breakdown
>mom comes home unexpectedly with her friend from work
>they both walk in, only to see me crying in front of the TV with a diaper on
>family and friends still laugh about it to this day
>>
File: HYPE.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
HYPE.gif
1MB, 320x240px
Probably when our mom PRANK'D us when me and my sister were like seven. She said the store was all out of Pokémon Red/Blue copies and we were pretty sad, but when we opened up our fast food dinner the games were inside the bags. We lost our shit.

>>388715105
That game was fucking insane. I remember it blew me away back when I was like twelve.
>>
>>388714376
Remember being a young lad and waking up to find my mom and dad playing that bug zapper game on my atari with the handguns. cant shake that memory haha,. they've long since separated.
>>
>>388714376
dad gave me my master system when i was around 4
and bought me many sonic games until the dreamcast
it was the best time of my life
>>
I competed with my mom for good Tetris scores and I played Myst with my dad, we both were equally fascinated.
He never wanted to play himself (he actually learned how to properly use a modern computer just a few years ago) but he always wanted to watch when I played point and click adventures.
I recently thisisthefutureoldman.jpg'd him when I showed him my Vive and he was thrilled.
>>
>>388714376
> fondest video game memory involving your parents
Video games was the escapism I required to flee a life of abuses at the hands of an alcoholist, heroin and opium junkie, living on welfare, Dolophine and other opium-based farmaceutical prescriptions.
Games and books allowed me to live in bright worlds, while my grandparents wasted all their retirement money onto protecting my father from the law, through bribes and services.
After his death, I kept gaming and reading, but those times of simple merryment as a kid, are now replaced with escapism from a jobless and friendless life as an adult.
>>
File: 1501911132967.jpg (37KB, 530x392px) Image search: [Google]
1501911132967.jpg
37KB, 530x392px
>>388714376
>Americans have bars on their children's windows
>>
File: 1472908363587.jpg (38KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1472908363587.jpg
38KB, 663x579px
>>388714376
My mom loves videogames, we started playing them together. Her favorite are Crash Bandicoot, Super Mario 64, Spyro and Ocarina of Time. She likes to try new things, but she always goes back to those whenever she can.

Dad didn't understand how they worked, but he always bought them for us and watched us play. He tried to help us when we couldn't figure out a puzzle in Majora's Mask and he actually got it right, he was so proud and happy. I miss him and those days
>>
Playing street fighter 2 on snes with my brother and dad. My dad picked dhalsim and spammed his stretch attacks, neither of us could beat him. We'd get mad and call him a cheater which he would just laugh at. Similar situation in soul caliber 2, he picked kilik and stomped us. Also in sf2 my dad fucked around with the settings and somehow gliched the game to still be playable but the characters looked like they were made of sand. Pretended like it was a cheat he did on purpose. Thought it was the coolest shit and asked him how he did it but he'd say it was his secret.

Also we got stuck on the last boss of tenchu and he beat it for us although by spamming the bombs but still
>>
File: 1502370953818.gif (2MB, 300x204px) Image search: [Google]
1502370953818.gif
2MB, 300x204px
>>388714376
Maybe being 12 or younger my dad got me into Warcraft 3 and I had to help him finish it even though he played it before me.
>>
>>388714376
My dad showing me Age of Empires 2, and encouraging me to play after school to brush up on my history.
>>
>>388715626
Obsession.
>>
>>388715626
those are blinds you fucking mong
>>
>>388715342
> not destroying your dad at vidya
It's like you want to bond or something
>>
My dad still plays dead or alive 5 last round with me sometimes,
I mean I beat him at it 100% of the time but he doesn't seem to mind.
>>
File: IMG_1589.jpg (108KB, 707x532px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1589.jpg
108KB, 707x532px
>>388714376
My father gifting me and my brother GTA 3 after a Judo match (and the next year VC for the same reason)
Or my father and uncle playing Gran Turismo and then putting on the replay so my brother tought he was driving like a pro
>>
>>388714376
my mom told me she enjoyed mario on the nes back when my brother was a baby
that's it
>>
>>388714376
My Dad used to help me through games that I was having trouble with when I was younger and I'd watch him play, so I have quite a few fond memories. I guess my favourite is watching him get all the Power Cells in Jak and unlocking the secret ending.
>>
When my dad got me an N64 with an atomic purple controller. He likes the older games. As far back as I can remember, we had an Atari 2600. If there was a Pacman cabinet anywhere, he'd be there. I played as well with him. But that N64 with 4 player local and Mario party tho.
>>
>>388716064
Also my father calling me and when I went to the PC he downloaded a japanese ROM of Pokemon Ruby saying "I bet no one of your friends already has this"
>>
>>388714376
Closest thing is my parents getting me a Gameboy.

Had to buy games (other than Pokemon that came with it) myself though. I think that I've only received three games as a gift ever and I'm pretty sure that only 1 of those cost money to the giver.
>>
My dad and I are super excited about the new xcom expansion and we have both been talking about it for months.
>>
My parents weren't against vidya but never triedto play it because 'oh I'm too old for this'

Meanwhile my best friend's father kicked our asses at Tekken, Mario Kart etc
>>
>>388715328
This is the only console I've ever had when I was a kid. My dad then became a PC fag forever and I followed his steps.
>>
File: Road_Rash_II.jpg (51KB, 256x366px) Image search: [Google]
Road_Rash_II.jpg
51KB, 256x366px
>Dad loves motorbikes
>Got in a bad crash that fucked his foot up
>Can still ride bikes but decides against it in case he fucking dies
>Still loves bikes though, watches MotoGP, buys bike magazines etc
>My big bro gets Road Rash 2 on his Mega Drive
>Dad wants to play, too, even though he's never played a video game other than Pong
>For some reason he keeps veering off to the side, hitting trees, bushes, deer, rocks, whatever
>He gets a bit mad at the game and wanders off
>Comes back later to watch us play and loves it, but won't partake anymore

My dad's a bit of a dick in general, but that's a good memory.
>>
File: header.jpg (37KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
37KB, 460x215px
I wanted Jedi Knight II, My dad wisely got me pic related instead
>>
>playing rayman at age 5
>get to moskito fight 1
>too much stress
>can't handle his menacing buzz
>mother wrecks him while I ran for cover in parents bedroom with sister
Gud times. I'd also ask her to play Medievil all the time for me to watch.
>>
>My dad used the money we won from footy tipping(ausfag) and bough a cool silver PS2
>We used to always play burnout 3 together on the weekends when i'd stay with him (parents were divorced)
>One week he tried to play when i wasn't there
>somehow deleted my save file
>When i got back the next weekend he kept apologizing over and over
>sadkid.jpg
>turn on the system
>he said he tried to get back to where we were up to
>load the save file
>expect only 2 or something cars to be unlocked
>...
> Nani?!
>Everything is where it was back where it was before
>Actually, it's even further than i was before
>The madman actually played the whole week
>just wanted his son to not be upset

Everytime i think about this i get teary eyed. Ironically he died in a car crash that year. And oddly enough as a kid it made me feel a little better to think he got taken down by an enemy racer. Not many people even get to have a father, let alone one that cared this much.

I miss you everyday Dad. Keep on burnin.
>>
I used to stay at my dads and play ps1 and later ps2. I remember always overwriting his saves by accident but he never seemed to care
>>
>>388715328
>From Denmark to Germany

So he drove for 15 kilometers?
>>
File: 1500778211181.png (437KB, 680x462px) Image search: [Google]
1500778211181.png
437KB, 680x462px
>>388714376
My dad actually took an interest in what I liked. I remember he would watch me play and he enjoyed spending time with. He didn't play much besides AOE2. He had a DS but barely used it. I wish he was still here so I get him a Professor Layton game because he really enjoyed doing puzzles.
>>
>>388716446
What a cool guy.
>>
>>388716542
no, he drove from the Nothern part of south Jutland to the southern part of North Germany. don't know how far it was, but he didn't get it at the border.
>>
File: CxY94VMUoAAv2Wj.png large.png (368KB, 516x690px) Image search: [Google]
CxY94VMUoAAv2Wj.png large.png
368KB, 516x690px
I remember playing Battle Arena Toshinden with my mom, that was a lot of fun. I also will never forget how amazed we were by Sega Channel when we got it.
>>
File: 1499029833419.gif (271KB, 210x131px) Image search: [Google]
1499029833419.gif
271KB, 210x131px
My dad bought me every game system since the NES. The perks of having a drug dealer father. He was super into Grand Turismo. He went to jail for 4 months and when he was gone I got every license and 1 billion credits. When he got home he almosg shit himself. He stopped selling drugs and became a truck driver. He didn't play as much but he watches me and my kid brother play anytime he comes to my house. I might not agree with all his choices, but he did what he could with what he had. He's my bestfriend and I'm probably going to kill myself when he dies.
>>
>>388716910
At least you're close. I wouldn't off myself when he dies though. I doubt he would want that.
>>
I remember being in school, history class about ww2, my dad bought me medal of honor Frontline and make me watch saving private ryan.
>>
My dad started off playing Castle Wolfenstein and Descent. Then Mechwarrior 2. Then Mech Commander. I know the whole fucking Mech Commander intro by heart. My entire family knows it.

https://youtu.be/HcCxK5jq65I

Poor Panther.
>>
>>388716963
You're right. It's just hard to imagine life without him. He's the funniest motherfucker you'll meet in life. It's making me sad just thinking about him being gone.
>>
File: 1429786600589.png (22KB, 441x459px) Image search: [Google]
1429786600589.png
22KB, 441x459px
>Took me to halo 2 midnight release
>Taught me how to play Unreal Tournament
>Bought me JJBA on the dreamcast and played with me
>Got Project Justice when it first came out and played my fingers were dead
>Went out of his way to get me Power Stone 2 when all the dreamcast games were out of stores since he knew I used to rent it from blockbuster non stop

Thanks, Dad. You rock.
>>
>>388714376
My dad in general, when he feels like playing vidya
>figured out the 8-4 loop in Super Mario while I was still getting my ass handed to me in world 4 or 7
>got chewed out by my mom for playing Diablo 2 nearby while I was studying for important nationwide exams
>he goes on to corpse run tirelessly on weekends against diablo with a paladin specced entirely into might and zeal
>this was back before LoD, before zeal was capped to 5 strong hits instead of a 20 attack miss parade
>now retired, multiboxing a Chinese f2p browser MMO with his pc and my old laptop, about 5-10 instances each
>1 main, 1 marketplace, the rest all bot farmers
>consistently trolling the shit outta the semi-whales by manipulating the market prices with his market account while staunchly refusing the spend a single cent on (his own words) the shitty game
>>
>>388714376
My dad taking over from me and my brother at the last World of maximo when we couldn't beat it, and playing battlefield and hitman together.
>>
File: 1502456951898.gif (1013KB, 240x216px) Image search: [Google]
1502456951898.gif
1013KB, 240x216px
>>388714376
I used to watch my dad play the first ghost recon on PC until one time he shot a dude in the balls. I said "oh you got him right in the balls!"

He got mad at me for saying it and I never played games with him again. I was probably about 10 or 11 at the time.
>>
>>388714376
Getting an N64 for christmas the year it came out, watching my dad struggle to connect it to the TV and eventually getting it to work, accompanied by an entire day playing just Bobomb battlefield, thwomp's fortress and running around the castle. Suoer Mario 64 was forever my dad's favourite game.
>>
>>388717142
Based dad
>>
>>388715141
You really lucked out on that one. I got that South Park game on the N64 and it was awful. I played it for an hour or two and then never touched it again.
>>
File: Heaven.jpg (16KB, 427x300px) Image search: [Google]
Heaven.jpg
16KB, 427x300px
>>388714376
>be serious poorfag growing up
>dad buys a used Xbox at a garage sale
>comes with a whole bunch of demo disks
>me and brother too dumb to realize they aren't full games
>he buys the first actual game
>Max Payne
>it was the first "violent" video game I'd ever seen
>remember dad getting frustrated with the crying baby level
>caves in and buys the giant strategy guide
>finally beats the game
>says it was fun
>years pass
>he's become a debilitated alcoholic similar too Max Payne 3
>>
My dad just recently built my gaming pc from scratch and designed the whole set up. He bought my brother a recording set up as well to do his dumb little lets plays. He writes these christmas letters every year that are supposed to be from santa (have a younger brother) and in them he always says these things hes too afraid to say out loud otherwise ans I always sob like a baby. In this years he said that everything he ever wanted to be has been actualized through me and my brothers. He had a heart attack this year and I just remember listening to the little hum of that computer every night, trying not to think of him in the hospital. It's funny that I could care so much about a little fan, but every time I get overwhelmed I try and think of it. Dads are good, for the most part
>>
>>388714376
my dad showing me how to fuck Hooker in GTA vice city.
>>
>>388714376
>N64
>4 player split screen Mario Kart 64 with parents and sister
>had to play Moo Moo Farm so they couldn't fall off the edge of the track
>>
>>388718352
I F Y O U K I L L H E R Y O U C A N G E T Y O U R M O N E Y B A C K
>>
>>388714376
Me, my dad, and my brother all taking turns grinding through Neverhood takes the top spot, easy.
>>
File: CcFnKdrUAAAqHm5.jpg (360KB, 1820x2047px) Image search: [Google]
CcFnKdrUAAAqHm5.jpg
360KB, 1820x2047px
My mother would watch my brother and I play SNES when we were growing up; not all the time of course, but whenever she would have free time she would sit nearby and watch us while she read a book or something. She did this all the time to the point that even now she still remembers most of the OSTs, especially all of SMRPG.
>>
Portal 2 co-op with my dad a few years back.
>>
>>388714376
My mom played Shenmue 1 and 2 with me.
>>
My mom and dad never cared for playing games, but they were always supportive with buying me games and consoles growing up. I enjoyed playing games alone anyway The solitude when everyone was gone and/or sleeping made the game feel so immersive.
>>
>>388718841
That game proved at last I have the brain of an ant who can't into solving puzzles.
>>
>>388717178
Wtf ?
>>
>>388715936

Look again, those are bars. Look around the window frame.
>>
My dad "helped" me with Ghosts 'n Goblins once, but he didn't make it past the graveyard (while I was consistently making it deep into level 3) and that's it. My parents always hated games with a deep passion, and the few friends I had almost never came over since I lived far from school, so I mostly played by myself. I think that's why I generally prefer singleplayer games over multiplayer games to this day, even when the games main focus is the multiplayer part.
>>
>>388717178
The fuck is wrong with your dad
>>
my sister playing through all of the tomb raider games on ps1 and handing me the second controller so i could 'help'
>>
>>388717178
shooting a man in the penis or the balls is a shameful act
>>
>>388714376
My mom hates videogames and my dad is the kind of guy that only understands sports games or quick stuff like Crash. If he sees a minute long cutscene then it means I'm wasting time with pointless stuff
>>
>>388715013

Right here, brother. My dad brought a 'pirated' version of Doom home on like 7 floppies. Told me if I could get it to work on our shitty Goldstar 386 we could play it. Figured it out. Played it. Good times were had.
>>
dad was a bouncer who used to play shooters and shit casually because he knew I liked watching them
>was always bummed i never played sports or lifted weights
>used to play desert storm co op or someshit on ps2
>he died when i was 16
>8 years later I'm now a personal trainer with my mum in the gym they owned
>she told me he'd be proud of me last week

miss him desu senpai
>>
My fondest has to be when i was a spergy 6 year old,my dad and I would play wii games on a pretty regular basis. He'd never get frustrated when I would start physically crying over my lack of skill.
>>
>>388721806
>6 year old,my dad and I would play wii
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDSSSSS
>>
File: 1422202752349.jpg (179KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1422202752349.jpg
179KB, 800x800px
>>388714376
If I love videogames, it's all thanks to my dad.
Before my birth, he was a dedicated player: pool, card games, gambling, sports... In the 80s videogames arrived and for a born player like him in his twenties it was heaven. To this day, he loves the shit out of Arkanoid and I help him installing emulators to play it.
Then I was born, he had to put gaming on the side for a while. But then he gifted me a Genesis for my 6th birthday. What a great day. What a great period of my life. I was an incompetent kid at videogames then but he was always there helping me play. Hell, he finished Sonic 1 for me.
Now that he got old he became a bit more cranky towards the fact I still play videogames but just a bit.
He recognises the games I and my brother play, he likes to watch us playing in short bursts and he also plays a bit (mostly Arcade emulators and phone games, but still).
I am very grateful to my dad, maybe I should tell him more often.

Oh, my mother kinda dislikes videogames but in the end she started playing mobile games too. Because my father convinced her to do it, kek.
>>
Back in the Pokemon Red/Blue days my dad tried to be supportive of my gaming as a hobby for the first time. Without saying a thing he got in line for the midnight release of Blue and wordlessly dropped a bag containing the game, the massive guidebook for it, and a couple attachments for my GBC in my lap the next day. I set to reading every page of the guide and putting the little screen light and headphones to the best use I could. I didn't know what else to do. It wasn't something I knew how to react to, as he had been so cold about gaming and towards me in general for the years leading up to that point. So I thanked him and 100%'d the game in gloriously accessoried fashion. Still have the whole kit in a box I dig into every once in a while when I want to bawl like a bitch.
>>
File: 1489876198006.jpg (127KB, 1024x936px) Image search: [Google]
1489876198006.jpg
127KB, 1024x936px
>>388714376
My experiences with my parents were pretty normal. I played my first ps1 games and watched my mom play Myst and Monkey Island. I've got a much better story about my Grandma
>Be me, junior in high school. About 8 or 9 years ago
>Decide to take a trip to the lake house with grandma
>Grandpa had just died, grandma really upset
>Pretty reasonable since they spent 50 years together
>Grandma used to be so fun, but since he died she just hadn't been acting right, hence the trip to the lake
>Bring grandma with us so she can get her mind off things
>This was back when all I had was a PS2, couldn't afford an xbox
>Whatever, I'll just work through my huge PS2 backlog while parents do parent things
>This weekend decide to play Resident Evil 4
>Never heard of it before but whatever, should be fun
>Grandma mildy interested
>I don't think she had seen a videogame since my mom played the original Legend of Zelda so she probably thought they were amazing
>She always mentioned playing some arcade game where you run over civilians and they turn into tombstones, giggling like a little girl
>Anyway, fast forward to where we meet Ashley
>Grandma affectionately names her Tits McGee
>Shortly after meeting her I buy a rocket launcher from merchant, not entirely sure why
>Grandma says shoot the bitch
>Always do what grandma says
>Tits McGee goes flying across the room as Game Over shows on the screen
>My last save was about ten minutes ago
>Not even mad, both of us are laughing too hard
>Spend the rest of the weekend playing the game
>Grandma really into it now, screaming at me to shoot the baddies
>"THE ONE ON THE LEFT! THE LEFT!" she would shout
>Stay up really late both nights and beat it
>Now every time I see the stupid No Way Fag edits I can't help but laugh
My Grandma died two years ago /v/. I really miss her, but I'll never forget that weekend.
>>
File: 1504013200080.gif (240KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1504013200080.gif
240KB, 320x320px
>>388714481
>parents tell you games are a waste of time
>then your dad asks if you want to spend the next 4 hours watching 30 year olds play a child's sport
every time
>>
>>388722773
>Tits McGee
Your granny was awesome.
>>
>>388714376
Either playing D2 with my mom or playing Zelda with her.
>>
>>388722773
>that image
That might be the funniest one yet
>>
Co-oping Super Smash TV with mum.
>>
>>388714376
My mom never touched vidya. My dad played Mario Kart 64 with me and my two brothers once and when he got taken out by a shell, I remember him mumbling, "ahhh yazoomaria". Also, Christmas time, crowded around the TV eating my mom's Christmas cookies and playing Rogue Squadron 64 with the brothers
>>
>>388714376
Playing Mario Kart Double Dash/SSBM with my older brother. But holy shit OP, that image is kinda creepy for some reason.
>>
When my dad and I played through The Dig together.
>>
File: 1502417397848.jpg (102KB, 628x598px) Image search: [Google]
1502417397848.jpg
102KB, 628x598px
Went to Las Vegas when I was a wee lad to visit mi padre for the summer. Padre went out and bought two consoles, an SNES and N64. Played Goldeneye for the summer with him and going to arcades n shit. Shit was so cash, was gonna get ready to go again the next summer, he died.
>>
My dad only ever played vidya on the NES, mainly Jordan Vs Bird. He would also get really crazy at Ice Hockey when we rented it.
>>
When my dad died and I can play as much vidya as I want to fill the void
>>
>>388714376
my mom used to hog the NES to play Crystalis
>>
>>388714376
my dad used to have time for video games (and for me lol)
we would play Bad Company 1 and later 2 together, and honestly they're my best memories of him so far

i remember one time he nailed a pretty sick sniper shot from really far away, he used the bullet drop in the game to shoot a guy behind a concrete barrier atop a lighthouse
>>
File: 494.gif (299KB, 448x256px) Image search: [Google]
494.gif
299KB, 448x256px
>2001
>we recently immigrated to the US
>bit tight on cash
>mom buys a GBA for me during Black Friday at a Walmart, $30-40 or so, total price
>bring it home, her and dad fight about not spending money on things like this
>she ends up returning it, never opened the box
>dad buys a used/refurbished PSone to cheer me up
>no games, just the demo disc
>stay up all night with him playing the Atlantis and Spiderman demos
>only time I ever played vidya with him
>2002, mom starts working odd jobs, just to have some extra spending money, babysitting mainly
>first thing she buys is a GBA
>clerk at Walmart says they only had one in stock, a return unit from Black Friday
>sold it to her at sale price
>bought two games for the GBA over the course of a year, The Mummy (based on the cartoon at the time) and Harry Potter 2
>2003, things get bad between parents and mom and I had to move back to her parents place in the old country
>took my GBA+games with me, left the PS1 with dad
>played the shit out of the games, went through batteries every week
>things got better in 2005, we moved back with my dad
>things have been good up til February, when my dad started talking about leaving us and was moving back home
>spent the next five months angry at him, then realized that he must have his reasons, that a kid can't really ever understand what parents go through until he experiences for himself
>tried to convince him to stay, he was hardset on it
>helped him board his flight July 30th
>Gameboy's in a closet somewhere
/blog
>>
File: 1463771441.jpg (78KB, 464x390px) Image search: [Google]
1463771441.jpg
78KB, 464x390px
My dad encouraging me to beat Doom 2 on Nightmare and celebrating with me when I did. Then he took me to a shooting gallery. It was one of those carnival air gun galleries, since I was still a kid at the time.
>>
>>388717178
Tell me anon. How fucked up are you because of that experience?
>>
>>388714376
I have a few

My Grandmother always had a SNES at her house with Super Mario World and All-Star Collection.
So whenever we would be over for a holiday we would all take turns playing SMB3 Battle Mode. We still do actually.

My mom wouldn't really play with me, but one time she was feeling adventurous and she played a few rounds of Budokai 2
I easily beat her, but it's still something i remember quite clearly

And my Dad used to play alot of COD4 and MW2, and he was quite good.
So every night i would watch him play and cheer him on, and sometimes he would let me try too.
>>
File: Panettone.jpg (2MB, 4724x2897px) Image search: [Google]
Panettone.jpg
2MB, 4724x2897px
>>388714376

>mom was a huge closet nerd back in the 80s
>playing dnd, rpgs, early text only msdos adventure games
>even found a 1st edition mutant chronicles starter pack in a closet while rummaging trough the house as a kid
>she stopped right after high school but always loved fantasy, games and such, too bad she had some kind of inner hatred for english
>the year is 1998. Black Isle gifted us Baldur's Gate
>also translated in italian
>thedragonawakens.jpeg
>like 3 days after launch, she bought the game
>starts playing for hours, since dad was often around the world, being a pilot
>being 6 years old, i was scared SHITLESS by that game
>those gory sounds
>that gothic music
>that alien panescape torment trailer
>motherfucking Sarevok snapping a neck with one hand in the intro, launching the fool from the Iron Throne headquarters
>had some nightmares at first but you know what happens with scary shit, somewhat you get drawn to it
>eventually faced my fear at the tender age of seven, and started watching mom playing the game, helping her as i could, basically being a walking journal
>she was never able to finish the game, partially because it was hard as fuck, partially because her teams were always peculiar, experimental almost
>she picked companions she liked most over those who were more powerful
>timeskip. It's almost cristhmas 2000.
>Dad's on duty, it's only the two of us. We started the game around 10am
>For the first time in our lives, we travel to Firewine Bridge to get some exp
>i don't remember all the details, but that area was TENSE
>got suched in really bad
>after some time, we notice the light around us was getting dim
>checking the clock, mom chuckled nervously
>7.45pm
>almost did a 12h session without noticing
>decided to stop, eyes red as tomatoes
>ended up eating milk and a whole panettone for dinner
>promised ourself never to fall this much into the game
>did the same thing after less than a week
>>
Why is he wearing shoes in the house?
>>
>Dad used to love Doom, Quake, Red Faction, GTA SA, Diablo II, and Crysis
>Now complains to me all the time that video games are a waste of time and that I need to stop playing them
What happened to you dad :(
>>
File: 1429619331045.jpg (110KB, 1166x589px) Image search: [Google]
1429619331045.jpg
110KB, 1166x589px
We owned a PS1 when I was a kid, and my dad played shitton of Colin McRae rally. He also liked Crash Bandicoot-games, even CTR, and we also had NHL '99 in which he kicked my ass in
After that time he really never played anything and I think he sees the hobby as just a waste of my good-ass time
>>
>>388725607
>no incest
>>
File: origins 4 player.jpg (447KB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
origins 4 player.jpg
447KB, 2880x1620px
>>388714376
me and my dad playing Rayman Origins together when i visit him once a week
he used to play it drunk with a close friend during the mid 90s, taking turns whenever they died to play, but hasnt played it since as he gave his life to save my dads shortly after my birth in 97 and it always reminds him of it
when Ubisoft done Ubi30 i picked up all the games when they gave the chance to get them all during the final few days and i played a couple of them until i came across Rayman Origins, noticing it lets up to 4 players
i took my PC down with me one of the weekends when i visited the house to show him and hooked up 2 controllers so he could play it with me
i dont think i'll ever see him as happy as when we play it together sharing a bottle of vodka
>>
>>388714376
>shoes
>carpet
WHY
>>
>>388725607
man that's a lovely story

i'm glad you're close with your mom
>>
>>388714376
>be a kid
>out shopping with mom
>get to pick a PS2 game and get an ice cream
>Destroy All Humans
>spend all the way home looking at the back cover and manual
Such a nice summer day, the game was great too.
>>
>playing sm64 at my dad's
>playing Mario kart 64 with my mom
>the first time I played RE4
After that last one, every single game I've touched has been a disappointment. I don't really play games anymore.
>>
I wish my parents loved me.
>>
My dad and I playing Pickle Wars on our Windows 95 PC in the mid-90s, then upgrading to Windows 98 and getting Duke Nukem. We traded off beating levels until we finished Duke It Out In DC.

My dad didn't play a video game until he and my mom took a spin on NFS Most Wanted for my 360 and we all busted a gut laughing at how bad my mom was, and how she got instantly arrested for running into a cop.

They bought a Wii on Christmas the year it came out, and we all played Wii Sports that day, and it was barely ever used again.
>>
My mom sold my nintendo 64 for meth
>>
>>388714376
Playing Golden Axe on the MegaDrive with my dad and big bro
>>
>>388716446
Damn what a story. F
>>
File: 1355442372436.jpg (16KB, 268x293px) Image search: [Google]
1355442372436.jpg
16KB, 268x293px
>>388714376

My parents aren't big fans of playing games. Dad loved fps and mom loved puzzles games but other than a few selective games they had no time for other shit to play

And then world of warcraft came out and everyone in the family got on it. I wasn't as interested as them but i still come back every expansions to play with them
>>
>>388715393
>being bad at hercules
i bet you play on easy too
>>
>>388716446
i actually teared up, man. that's one cool dad, really

f
>>
My parents had stopped playing games by the time I was old enough to play with them, though I would watch my Dad play Diablo 1 a lot as a child.
>>
File: 1476108382104.jpg (9KB, 225x250px) Image search: [Google]
1476108382104.jpg
9KB, 225x250px
>>388716446
>>
>>388715626
Americans decorate their door handles with gored, dead rats
>>
My dad never Played much, besides cruising USA. But at least was supportive about it and would gladly buy a game for me and.my brothers if we were dying to have it. We were poor and understood completely so we knew it was a big deal if he gave us a $20 to spend in a game store.

My mom on the other hand has to avoid videogames altogether to maintain a functioning life. The first time I saw it was on the Genesis, I think it was desert strike, she played the fuck out of it, to the point that one night me and.my older brother woke up at 2 am to sneak some snacks and we heard videogames being played in the living room. We peeked in on her standing up in front of the TV, controller in hand with her eyes fucking closed, still able to play the game and was making progress. Idk how she did it.

And the other time was with final fantasy Viii, she watched me and my older brother playing it and became very interested, she didnt know games could have fleshed out characters and an actual story. She picked it up and 100% it over the course of 3 weeks while working a job. It sucked kinda Cuz she was always using our ps1
>>
>>388714376
Sitting on my mum's lap and watching her play Crash Bandicoot because I was young and pretty bad at vidya.
>>
>>388714376
My dad loved play San Andreas with me and my brothers, he can't get into the newer GTA games so he still occasionally plays SA. He was blown away by the things you could do in the game, and still is.
>>
>>388727841
I dont live with my parents anymore, but my mom tells me every few years she does a play through of ffviii, she says the music makes her cry and reminds her of when me and my brothers were little kids sitting around watching her beat the fuck out of that game and collecting every card and stuff.
>>
My dad watched me play Tekken 3, when I low kicked my npc opponent, he said in a shocked voice "do you kick your opponent when they are down?!"
He was disappointed
>>
>>388715626
Nah, seems like a European thing. It is a Sega system, after all.
>>
>sitting on couch playing Pokemon Crystal
>dad watching football on TV
>my team wipes out at the elite four for the xth time in a row
>no big deal I'll get them next time
>football team is losing
>dad is yelling and cussing at the TV
That was pretty amusing. I even found getting upset at games silly at a young age.
>>
File: 1488684566772.png (220KB, 541x468px) Image search: [Google]
1488684566772.png
220KB, 541x468px
Used to play crash bandicoot and rayman with my mom, she would write down all the passwords because we didn't have a memory card back then. She slowly lost interest in video games and started drinking heavily. she started drinking again about a year ago
>>
>>388714376
being like 8 and finishing majora mask with my dad. He even extended my bedtime for it.
>>
>>388714376
i was playing games on the computer and my drunk dad pushed me to the ground, yelled its my computer, who the fuck told you you could use it? and then kicked the shit out of it breaking the usb ports
>>
File: 1502771970982.jpg (63KB, 417x749px) Image search: [Google]
1502771970982.jpg
63KB, 417x749px
>>388714940
>>
>>388729604
>shitty kids blaming their parents for their own bad behavior
>>
Sleeping on the couch for some reason and waking up in the middle of the night seeing my dad playing bram stokers dracula on the Genesis. This was the early 90s so I was around 5 I believe.
>>
>>388729740
i used the computer every day and he never complained or said anything before
>>
>>388716249

pretty much this
which is weird because my parents will spend hours at a time playing peggle and solitaire
>>
File: 7t0Si2F.png (488KB, 800x1020px) Image search: [Google]
7t0Si2F.png
488KB, 800x1020px
>>388716446
Legit made me teary eyed. Especially since it's something as a father I would do. F
>>
I got a ps1 and a cat for my 6th birthday.
sold the ps1 when I was a teen which was pretty dumb but I still have the cat
>>
>>388714376
had a ps1 around 2nd or 3rd grade in the early 00s i was sick one day so my mom stayed home for that day to take care of me and let me play CTR and cooked me spaghetti and i drank soda for some reason i will remember this forever i wish i could go back :(
>>
>>388714376
Me and my dad used to play MX vs ATV when he would get home from work on fridays. He was surprisingly really good.
>>
File: 1480345771853.gif (873KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
1480345771853.gif
873KB, 500x211px
>>388714940
My dad did the same for me. I remember when he gave me a computer loaded up with MAME roms and taught me how to pirate games onto a special cartridge.

Last I heard of him was about five years ago; he was living in California with his third wife, and working as a massage therapist. Looking back he was a genuinely sleazy guy, but damn if he didn't pass his ill gotten gains onto me.
>>
>>388714376
Age of Empires
>>
File: 14576.png (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
14576.png
50KB, 500x500px
>Be like 7 years old, living with mom and dad in our apartment
>In my room drawing or some shit
>Hear yelling and screaming in the living room
>Decide to go and see if we're getting robbed or something
>Parents sitting in front of the TV, nothing unusual
>They're playing fucking Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast
>Dad playing Sigfried, getting slammed by my mom's Taki
>Keep watching for a few matches
>Eventually dad gets fed up and passes me the controller, says "alright, I can't beat her, but I know you can anon."
>Mom instalocks Taki on the character select screen
>Take my first steps towards becoming the degenerate fighting game player I am today and pick Kilik
>Doesn't actually matter, mom beats my ass six ways to Sunday
>Eventually shows me mercy and takes a dive, parents cheering
That was the last time she showed me mercy, though. Turns out she used to play Soul Edge at arcades with her friends a few years prior and got good there. We played all the Soul games up to 3, some Mortal Kombat, even a little Contra on the PS2 eventually. Dad isn't really into video games anymore, but my mom plays all kinds of mobileshit and is always willing to beat my ass at Pacman and Tetris, jesus she's good at those games.
>>
>>388717124
Is this an MSPaint Jack?
>>
My Dad would always buy the latest Madden or NHL game for whichever system I had. We would play together sometimes.

RIP
>>
My parents got me a SNES totally unexpected around christmas. They came home late one day and told me to go get some stuff out of the car, and there it was.

It came with Street Fighter 2, a 6-in-1 shooting game and the bazooka gun. They couldn't have chosen better. There was a SNES demo display at the mall where you'd be able to play for free as long as you waited in line, and you could also request games, but it usually ran SF2 and I'd always be going there to play. It was magical to have that game at home now.
>>
my dad only played games with me once.

we played the last bronx demo on pc and he bodied me by mashing buttons.
>>
Probably 4 or 5 years old. Use to sneak out of my bedroom and sit on his lap while he played doom. he Worked 3rd shift so it was really the only time I got to see him. Life hasn't been that good.
>>
>>388715703
>>388715163
Good for you, sounds like you have a wonderful family.
>>
Mom played 64 a few times with me when I got it. My sister barely play games, just Breath of the Wild, Toontown rewritten, and minecraft.
My dad is the real GOAT though
>Got me into my first video game, age of empires 2
>Got a cheap gameboy and red to play Pokemon with me
>We'd play age of empires together all the way up until 3 had been out for awhile
>But then I became a teenager and didnt want to and now he has a important position at work and is too busy to ever but hopefully we'll find some time for AOE4
>Played a bit of Smash and Mario Kart 64 in the early days of me getting the console
>We played Lego Star Wars co-op a few times on the gamecube
>He really likes boardgames
Also all of them and the Wii when it came out.
>>
File: 1504058304388.jpg (41KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
1504058304388.jpg
41KB, 600x791px
>>388714376
Having my dad set up astro-grover for me when I was 3. That game was pure ear fuck though. That or the weekend he installed Doom, and Castle Wolfenstien.
>>
My mother stole a video game for me from the military base.
>>
File: 1487250582027.jpg (57KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
1487250582027.jpg
57KB, 453x604px
>get ps2
>dad plays TTT with me
>he always plays as heihachi and me as Jin
>17 years later he is an alt-righter and marching in pride parades and has disowned me because I married "a no good gook lowlife"
>>
>>388714376
lul my parents hated video games and still do
>>
File: 1362194864229.png (135KB, 334x428px) Image search: [Google]
1362194864229.png
135KB, 334x428px
>>388731428
Got confused about what type of pride you meant for a second there anon
>>
Playing Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario World, Super Mario 2 and Super Mario 3
We'd always play co-op on DK, I'd be Diddy and always drag him down with my shit skill.
His ring tone is actually Gankplank Galleon because playing that with him was my favorite thing to do.
He'd always give me ups on SMW because I was trash on that too.
He'd always beat Mario World 2 and let me do the slot machine mini game.
He'd also always play SM3 despite me being a little shitter that would get the flutes and skip worlds. He'd always try and convince me not to and that we should beat the entire thing but my retarded ass thought it was cooler to skip worlds.
I still play all those games because I just associate them with happy memories and they never fail to entertain me and take me back to those days.
>>
>>388731428

well he's right
>>
File: 1496252765510.jpg (101KB, 1028x840px) Image search: [Google]
1496252765510.jpg
101KB, 1028x840px
>>388731428
>pride parades
He wants you to fuck white bois anon.
>>
>>388731428
Wait is your dad a fag or what?
>>
File: 1468804807131.png (256KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
1468804807131.png
256KB, 502x502px
>>388714376
>mom beating me in Street Fighter 2 for SNES
>dad playing through the Ace Combat games with me
>dad playing through the MGS games with me
>>
>>388714376
Playing Wii Sports and Farmville. And that's about it.
>>
>>388714376
playing Tech Romancer with my dad
playing Donkey Kong Country with my dad
playing Ogre Battle with my dad
>>
>>388714376
Watching my mother play through Banjo Kazooie when it first released.
>>
File: 1492750060316.jpg (390KB, 891x1186px) Image search: [Google]
1492750060316.jpg
390KB, 891x1186px
>>388714376
I got plenty.

Watching my dad play the original Warcraft on his computer, legends says he is a beast in Warcraft 2.

Watching them both play Infotron (a long ass puzzle game).

He introduced me to my first fps Marathon back in 1996.

Back when I lived with them my dad use to watch me and my sister play video games (are ya winning son? style) Resident Evil 4, Wind Waker, Warcraft 3...

On Saturdays he used to take me to the arcade, we always played and finish Taito's Space Gun, Aliens and the Simpsons arcade.

They were pretty hesitant to let me play video games, as my mom said they are a waste of time. (they never actually bought us any console). But still got fond memories with them and video games.
>>
>>388730584
>massage therapist
Wew lad
>>
>>388714376
Me and my dad never talked much. He was a workaholic, and he did not like me playing video games.

We visit my cool uncle who just got a cutting edge home theater setup with a new X box. He somehow managed to talk his brother, my dad, into playing Halo. After a few days me and my Dad played Halo, it was practically the one thing we could agree on. It was some of the best times we had together.

Although him trying to apply his extensive special forces training to the game did get trying at times. As fun as it is the game is very limiting as countless tactics can not be done in game. Also the lack of a knife and folding shovel drove him nuts.
>>
>>388714376
Trapping the butler in the freezer with Dad.
>>
>>388731428
I want your dad
>>
My dad played melee a lot with me when it came out. He unlocked mewtwo one weekend when I was away to surprise me with it as I really liked Pokemon at the time
>>
Great Golf on the SMS was the only one we played together.
>>
My parents were divorced since I was in third grade...
They dont hate each other... But everybody in school would mock me out about that.
But, from one side, my dad always hated that I liked video games, he wanted a son that shared his interests, like soccer and motor racing...
But when I was little, for xmas mom gifted me a bootleg nes, with one of these 100 games in 1 cartridge.
I used to play alot of Galaga with pops.. I had so much fun because we were having a very good time together. Then, I think that he realized that he was doing something that he told me alot of times not to do (play vidya).. and that was the last time I played a video game with him.

Mom in the other side, she loves watching me play video games... one time I finished Final Fantasy IX with her watching at my side, she loved the music and the story.

I wish that my parents never broke up... or at least my dad would like to watch me playing something or play with me, but I think that its kinda too late for that, He's kinda old, and I dont play on consoles anymore.
Still, I love them both and Im happy to have them yet alive.

pic related, I maded pops on saints row 3 and 4. At least that's one way to play with him, I think
>>
>>388714376
My stepfather giving me the code for the safe in nibleheim manor in ff7. The one that triggers the summon/boss fight.
>>
File: 1404738756835.gif (1022KB, 240x225px) Image search: [Google]
1404738756835.gif
1022KB, 240x225px
>at blockbuster video
>looking at N64 section
>Dad is wandering around
>he checks out the Pokemon Snap setup where you print pictures
>hear him making noise
>go over there
>he shouts, "WHY DON'T THESE THINGS DIE!?"
>>
>>388725345
I was pretty fucked, definitely not just that though. Didn't really spend much time with my dad after things like that combined with other stuff.

We are pretty close now though. We work on cars together sometimes. Helps that I don't have to live with him anymore, or listen to him.
>>
The Terminator, for Master System 2.

Cartridge was white. I don't know if it's correct, but we assumed it was becuase the game was hard as fuck.

The first stage was infiltrating the skynet base, with an helicopter throwing bombs at you. You were killed in one hit. For weeks I tried to pass that and see anything else from the game, but failed miserably. One night, my dad asked for a try and he got to the first encounter with the freaking terminator. I was in tears.

He never played again, and I know he eould be shit at it. Sometimes I think about trying to get him involved, since he loves action movies so much. And I think he would have a blast playing Dayz or some other survivla simulator.

And I never played The Terminator again. Sometimes I think I should try, to see if it was that hard, to get to see the whole game. But I think I prefer to leave there, as my father greates accomplishment in videogames.
>>
>>388714376
the only thing vidya related my parents have ever done is when they took me to the video rental store to rent out some games. when I was 10 or 11 my mum suggested Professor Layton and Pandora's Box. No idea why but i got it anyway and was hooked. She even started playing it herself and got a decent ways through. She still helps me with puzzles whenever I replay the games.
>>
mom used to play for me while I watched until I was 6ish when I decided I should give it a go. She's always had an interest for mario games despite being old and incapable of playing for too long.
>>
When we got "fast" internet in the early 2000s dad started pirating the fuck out of everything. We had these stacks of CDs and DVDs - at the end of the 6th gen we piled up over 300 games.
My mom was a closet metalhead - just like my dad. She played mostly on consoles, though. I remember she played a lot of Devil May Cry and Silent Hill 2 when the PS2 came out.
As for my dad, he taught me emulation and other stuff. He's also somewhat borderline autistic to us, but without him I wouldn't be the decent person I am today, I believe.
They were and are not god-tier parents, however I think that if I was born in any other family (I know this sounds like bragging), there'd be a 95% chance that I would've been a worse person.

>>388725607
polentoni represent
>>
I used to play RTS games with my whole family (Age of Empires, Age of Mythology, Rise of Nations).

I also used to play Dreamcast with my grandmother.
>>
>>388722773
if I was a drawfag I would totally draw Luis dressed up as an old lady talking about Ashley's ballistics
>>
>>388714376
Probably the first is my dad showing me the warp zone in 1-2 in Super Mario Bros. Man, I haven't talked to my dad in about 10 years I think. Fuck.

On a less depressing note, my mom NEVER played video games and didn't give a flying fuck about them until all the way when Skyward Sword released. I visited her place and brought the game with me. She saw me swinging the sword with the wiimote and thought it was the coolest thing ever.
>>
File: duck on gamestop.jpg (8KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
duck on gamestop.jpg
8KB, 250x187px
>>388714376
the wii just came out and my dad went to every retail store to buy one for my birthday. just as he was about to give up, he was walking outside of the gamestop and saw a delivery truck come for the store. he asked the guy working at the store about the truck and they told him that's the supply truck for when they get new game shipments in. he waited about 1 hour later and lo and behold the gamestop employee had brand new wiis coming into the store. my dad was the first person to snatch it up. ended up also getting twilight princess zelda and rayman raving rabbids and playing all night. that's my fondest memory
>>
After the main portion of Christmas events has passed I'm playing MGS on the PlayStation while the rest of the family is chatting and relaxing in the living room. I end getting stuck on the torture scene and can't mash X hard enough. Soon enough the controller is being passed around to see who can save Snake. I like that memory a lot.
>>
My older brother killed himself a few hours after I kept beating him in Tekken 3. Idk if that really counts as a fond memory though.
>>
>all these divorced parents

Why do amerisharts divorce so frequently?
>>
File: 1484102227218.png (3KB, 203x217px) Image search: [Google]
1484102227218.png
3KB, 203x217px
Dad was pretty much my best friend when I was a kid. I'd actually turn down my other friends on some occasions and tell them I couldn't play with them, because I was gonna go home and play with my dad.
He bought me an NES for Christmas one year and we'd play The Legend of Zelda together. One would be in charge of writing down notes and drawing a map on a sheet of squared paper.
He also bought Dr Mario some time later and we'd play the versus mode all the time. I'd win most of the time and he'd always praise my talents. I used to think I was really fucking good at that game and it wasn't until an embarrassing amount of years later that I realised he was going easy on me to make me feel good.
Thank you, dad. You were the best.
>>
>>388734193
You lose the game you die in real life
>>
>>388714376
>99 was the year everyone went SSJ
>>
>>388714376

>christmas eve one year when I was 10-11
>was pretty sick, told dad I was going to take a shower then take some medicine
>get out of the shower, open the medicine cabinet to find Metroid Fusion proped up against the pill bottles
>stayed in bed for the rest of the evening marathoning that shit

good times, even though the SA-X scared the fuck out of me
>>
>>388730816
No, it's bathhouse owner, idiot.
>>
How do you be a good dad to your son without letting him lose his life to vidya?
>>
My sister and I used to watch my dad play Duke Nukem and Doom. Sometimes he'd even let me hold the mouse and shoot
>>
>>388722996
What would be an adult sport?
>>
File: 1469485851358.jpg (51KB, 522x399px) Image search: [Google]
1469485851358.jpg
51KB, 522x399px
>>388735021
>Sometimes he'd even let me hold the mouse and shoot
>>
>>388734991
I don't know what you're on, that's obviously Hopper.
>>
my dad whippin' my ass in NFL blitz on the PS1.
>>
>>388714376
>Dad yells "Anon what the hell have you done with the closet come and clean this up immediately"
>walking over complaining that I haven't done anything
>open closet door and find Super Mario 3 and Power Blade sitting on a shelf.
>thanks dad
>>
Well my parents divorced when I was young so video games were one common thread between both places I lived.
I would say for my Dad it was the day he brought home Gargoyles Quest 2 for me because he heard of this Gargoyles tv show I watched and thought it was the same thing. One of my all time fave games.
With my Mom it was probably when she got me UMK3 on Genesis and we played for hours. Fucking bitch always picked Sonya and move-spammed her leg grab non-stop, but it was a lot of fun.
>>
>>388734996
by getting involved in his life
>>
>>388735419
THIS
>>
>christmas at grandparents
>dad tells me to bring my gameboy 'cause there might be a game for me
>giddy as fuck about a new game for my gameboy
>it's Dragon Quest 2 or something
>play the absolute fuck out of it 'cause I was a big Final Fantasy and Pokemon fan and it played almost the same
>>
File: 7586970123.jpg (44KB, 622x476px) Image search: [Google]
7586970123.jpg
44KB, 622x476px
>tfw no vidya dad
>>
My dad admiring my cod skills.

He was a shit player but loved CO4 and Waw, had a 0.7KD or something like that, I was a beast who only sniped in SnD and domination and maintained a 2.4KD.

He used to love watching me do nothing but snipe in domination and would laugh and cheer when I hit ridiculous quickscopes and would string together 3+ fast kills. Was fun having my old man admire me for something.
>>
>>388714376
Playing Mario Party and taking turns roam around in Driver with my brother and mother.
>>
>>388714376
played SNES back in 91 with my dad
we played all the launch shit up til SCV4 came out

we played all day to beat it, late into the night.
haven't seen him since 91, its been 26 years...
>>
>>388714376
The last time I remember my parents together was when were hunting down a low in supply PS2 memory card around 2001 or 2002. I still have the memory card.
>>
>>388716794
>Sega Channel

My nignog, my mom and I used to stay up till midnight to watch the title list change and try all the new fun shit. Still have that old cart hanging around as a memento
>>
Used to play a bit of CIV III with my dad, that's about it.
>>
File: 1502766937715.jpg (15KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1502766937715.jpg
15KB, 480x480px
My mom getting stoned and getting every single medal in StarFox 64. Saw it myself, still cant believe it.

>>388714376
>>
File: 1434410774195.jpg (19KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
1434410774195.jpg
19KB, 250x248px
My dad is the self-proclaimed "pinball wizard" and also loves sonic. He bought the sega genesis and sonic 2 christmas of 1992 iirc, and it was mostly for him. his favorite stage is the chemical plant zone.

It kinda totally contradicts his personality and upbringing, grew up on a mountain and worked 40 back breaking years in construction to support our family, but he loves that "Sonic Hedgehog"

Im 30 and hes 66 now
>>
>>388736480
Does he have an OC?
>>
>>388714376
>be 15
>get this sick Snes emulator, used to play Snes with my mon
>she's an old parent (had me at 38) so no fast paced games
>find some Yoshi tetris shit, has a versus mode
>challenge my mom, i have 2 usb controllers
>get super overconfident because i have 12 years of videogame experience
>my mom beats my ass really fucking hard over 12-13 games
i could never tanke a single fucking round off her
>>
my earliest memory was watching my brother and dad playing zork, he was the 'are ya winnin son?' type and would always pick up games from tag sales for us.

been a month since he passed and it still doesn't feel real.
>>
File: 1475190314790.gif (1MB, 456x459px) Image search: [Google]
1475190314790.gif
1MB, 456x459px
How do you cope with the death of a parent?
>>
>>388736857
It's not "Yoshi tetris shit" It's yoshi's cookie you mong
>>
>>388736986
By not being a faggot weeb disappointment to my parents
>>
>>388722773
Based grandma.
>>
>>388714376
I played Madden 2004 with my dad for an hour then we went outside and played catch. He never touched a video game after that.
>>
>>388736857
Tetris Attack? My mom loves that game, too
>>
File: IMG_6101.jpg (58KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6101.jpg
58KB, 480x320px
My mom always really disliked me being into games even if she bought them for me at the beginning, always viewed them as a waste of time. Never really took/takes an interest in my hobbies either. I mean even if it is autistic it'd be nice if she asked what the anime I'm watching is about or cared to see my shitty drawings.

My uncle was pretty bro tier, thought. We played through the Onimusha games together when I was younger and we'd watch Most Extreme Elimination Challenge every week. He recently got a really nice job so he's doing a lot better than he was, too. Keep it up, unc.
>>
>>388737000
there's tetris attack that stars yoshi too, faggot
>>
My dad said Galaga was the best video game. Is he right /v/?

Also RIP
>>
>>388737000
Could also be Tetris attack, you babu-babu
>>
>>388714748
haha same dude. i had the GBA port of the original super mario bros from the NES and she played it way more than me. i got her the DS new super mario bros for christmas when i was like 13 or so.
>>
my parents have always thought games were a waste of time

not that I really mind, I prefer gaming while alone anyway. Whenever someone comes to watch, I always just quit the game
>>
>>388722773
RIP grams, what a cool gal
>>
When I was struggling to beat King K.Rool in the original Donkey Kong Country, my parents offered to take turns with me fighting him. We beat him after another hour of attempts.
>>
I had a black and white tv and I still beat the sonic 3 special stages with the red and blue balls because I found a contrast knob inside the back
I am not shitting you.
Not really parent related but I wanted to share that.
>>
>>388736986
You don't. It will hurt forever.
>>
>>388714376
When PS2 came out, I wanted it but didn't want to bother my family with getting it. They ended up getting it for another family member and then I really wanted it. My mom asked if I wanted one and I said yea but I wouldn't blame her if she didn't get one because it was so close to Christmas.

Well apparently she spent the next few days stalking several stores until she could find and grab one and surprised me on Christmas day with it.

Christmas was the best time of year for me. My parents would always go out of their way to get me the one thing I wanted. I love them.
>>
File: 54_sre--.png (35KB, 132x112px) Image search: [Google]
54_sre--.png
35KB, 132x112px
>>388737172
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>388714376
>Tell me your fondest video game memory involving your parents.

taking me out to restaurants with arcades back when I was a little kid for birthdays and, uh, buying me games.

My parents hate video games
>>
>>388737000
i honestly can't remember the name sorry anon

>be 7 years old
>mom gets me Megaman X, Mario Kart, Super Mario World and a used Snes for christmas, best gift of my life
>Megaman X was really awesome, be really bad at it but put in some effort
>play while my mom watches
>6 months later, most of the armor has been found, fucking arround in Armored armadillo's stage
>really like this stage, play it over and over
>casually run into the Hadouken capsule, stop the game and wait for my mom to get home
>show her the capsule, she makes a big deal out of it
>thrash that fucking spider in 1 hit
>stay up until 3am playing with my mom and finally beat the game

my dad was really mad at my mom for allowing me to stay up so late
>>
>>388735127
chess, tennis and getting dick wet
>>
>>388735127
badminton, golf, shuffleboard, bingo

fuck off
>>
File: tetris-attack-05.png (294KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
tetris-attack-05.png
294KB, 640x480px
>>388737116
yes, after a quick google search, it was Tetris attack, i've never been beaten so badly at a videogame since
>>
File: 1497879803644.png (873KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1497879803644.png
873KB, 800x600px
It warms my heart to read all these cute stories
>>
>>388737417

what the fuck your mom sounds like a bro
>>
I guess this is related but I had a gf in high school whos parents played Dr Mario every night for hours. I still don't understand it. But I got a lot of boob action upstairs (with the door kept open :^) )
>>
mom played a lot of tetris and mario when i was growing up. doesnt touch any game anymore.

dad played a lot of games when i was young. home videos of him playing playstation and me playing with an unplugged controller.we played a lot of games together up until like the ps3 came out. he doesnt touch any any more unless he just happens to be in the room and me or my sister are playing something basic like GTA, that was always his favorite. he got into dead island years ago whenever it came out.
>>
>>388738076
this isn't related
>>
Well as a kid i got really excited for black & white 2 and i desperately looked for a copy of black and white 1 in games stores but i never found it. Then one day my dad came home and he had been in some general electrics store and found it there. Never remember even talking about it with him. Was really happy.
>>
>>388737902
she loved videogames and loves me, so playing videogames with me was probably the best shit ever

>visiting a grown up cousin
>discover Starcraft Broodwars
>mom asks my cousing how to set up the game to play online
>do 1v1's with her over a private server
>we have really close games
>dad that loves games like Chess and Checkers joins in
>picks up the game really fast
>gets really good
>do 2v1s with me + my mom vs my dad every weekend
>>
I obviously had access to video games growing up, but my parents were never that involved in my childhood. Dad was too busy drinking and being on the soapbox about his dumbshit politics, then my parents ultimately divorced and we ended up homeless for a while.

Closest thing to a fond memory I have is leaving home and having my own income. I kept thinking back to a time when the family was homeless and kids at school would tease me for wearing second-hand clothes. Some fat kid would always bring his Game Boy to class and let everybody take turns playing except for me. That stuck with me for a while. Shortly after I moved out, one of the first things I bought myself with my own money was a Game Boy. I still have it 15 years later.
>>
>>388714376

My dad taught me to play Kirby Super Star when I was 7

My cousin left his SNES at my dads house and he showed me to play

My parents were divorced since I was 2, i don't have many fond memories of my dad growing up but thats always a good one. That's one of many reasons why KSS is one of my GOAT games
>>
I showed GTA V's director mode to my dad a few months back and we both cracked up when I used a poodle and that super fat lady NPC to destroy a barrage of swat teams.
>>
When I was 12 I was in the hospital recovering from apendicitis for a week and my mom brought in the snes so she could play and hangout with me while I was in bed. Sometimes I would get frustrated with her because she couldn't remember where to go but she loved playing that game. We played the snes and the n64 version together, easily 100 hours, at least is felt that way. When I was 22 my parents divorced. I live on my own and don't see my mom often.
SAYONARA SOMARE SOMARE
>>
>>388737245
Same but I kept dying because I was afraid of K. Rool. My dad told me there was nothing to be afraid of because he always does the same thing everytime. He pointed out the pattern and I beat him easily. Thanks dad
>>
File: 0m7FmIz.gif (1024KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
0m7FmIz.gif
1024KB, 500x300px
>>388737153
>we'd watch Most Extreme Elimination Challenge every week

10/10 Uncle
>>
My father has and still has his own Gameboy. It's the clear purple GB Color, the only game he played/played is Pokemon Pinball. Both him and my mother fought for highest score for thelongest time. They took a trip to Germany recently and he brought it for Airplane entertainment.
>>
>>388714376
My dad and I used to play Joe and Mac: Cave Man Ninjas.
>>
File: 1449391200237.png (47KB, 650x773px) Image search: [Google]
1449391200237.png
47KB, 650x773px
Every Friday form 2005-2014 as I grew up. Pizza and Vidya with dad. The Times and laughs. I Remeber playing mos eisley heroes and dying laughing choking out each other
>splitscreen battlefront 2 on huegbox
>then splitscreen halo 3
>then splitscreen halo reach (we got really fucking good at it, we could 2v8 and win consistently)
>played halo 4 for awhile but it sucked, and I was going through an edgy faggot phase and had work.
We haven't played since
>>
> Red/Blue came out within a few days of my 4th birthday, had played NES before, but got Gameboy + Blue as my first console
> Attention span wasn't that great then, so aunt used to grind in Pokemon for me while I had fun fighting all the trainers/gyms

I later learned that my aunt/grandma each owned an NES which I inherited, pretty based considering they were already older when it came out.

Also played Rogue Squadron with my Dad a bunch. He drove 1 hr and a half to bring me a Twilight Princess pre-order when it launched.
>>
>>388741652
call him up and replay halo 3 with him
>>
>>388723082
>>388733631
>>388737076
>>388737242
>>388722773
>Write this up, expecting the thread to die after an hour
>Come back during class break and see 5 replies
Thanks anons, glad you guys enjoyed. She was a real hoot.
Now somebody get the drawfags on this
>>
File: 1497064149449.jpg (73KB, 480x351px) Image search: [Google]
1497064149449.jpg
73KB, 480x351px
>>388714376
>that time your mom played
>>
>>388714376
i renember playing Halo with my dad, that was fun.

somehow i convinced my grandma to play crash nitro cart with me. that was fun too
>>
>>388731696
>cr0
what happened to the madman
>>
Playing Star Wars Battlefront II on PS2 with my dad and brother back in first grade, I remember I could never beat the mission on the Tantive IV.
>>
>>388714376
After stealing money from them to go the arcade and play them, when the beatings just didn't work, they caved and bought me a NES with original Zelda. Played with them all night instead of stealing from them and getting beaten for it. It was nice.
>>
>>388741652
Are you me?
>>
>>388745215
>mom used to be a rally co-driver
>get her to try playing some colin mcrae game
>not a single tree escapes alive
>>
>>388714376
I played Battlefront and Commando with my dad. Fun times.
>>
Playing games with my old man. Iron Storm, Settlers IV and V, Worms Armaggedon. He liked building stuff in Settlers but always left engagements to me. Been years now.
>>
>>388714990
they are the dreaded newfags that we all worried about in 06-07
>>
File: 222222222222222.png (148KB, 645x772px) Image search: [Google]
222222222222222.png
148KB, 645x772px
>>388716547
>I wish he was still here
Anon don't do this to me.
>>
File: Dragonite_fcdc34_1823549.png (1MB, 737x2159px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonite_fcdc34_1823549.png
1MB, 737x2159px
>>
File: sm54.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sm54.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>388714376
My parents helping me get stars in SM64.
>>
>raiders AND patriots shit

I can understand having an afc team and an nfc team but two afc teams? Thats gay.
>>
File: starwars_mastersofteraskasi_4.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
starwars_mastersofteraskasi_4.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>388714376
My dad and I used to beat the crap out of eachother in Star Wars Masters of Teras Kasi on weekend mornings. He mained Arden Lyn, whom he called "Arden Cans" or "Arden Boobs"
>>
File: 1502312755678.jpg (81KB, 720x631px) Image search: [Google]
1502312755678.jpg
81KB, 720x631px
>>388722773
She might be dead but atleast you made her happy when her husband died. I'd say that's amazing. My grandparents just got depressed and offed themselves when their better half died.
>>
>>388714376
None really. My dad and mom knew I loved games and bought me tons but I played with my dad mayb half a dozen times in his life. My mom didnt even play games. Untill I left for college left my wii she found harvest moon and animal crossing and was hooked.
>>
>>388747541
Sorry to hear that Anon
She just wasn't the same after he died, but she had her moments of being back to her normal self. And that weekend was the longest stretch of her being her old self
>>
>Dad introduces me to vidya with a PS1
>Eventually we get an Xbox
>Play through the demo of Halo 1 together countless times
>Get the game, play through it together and beat it
>Repeat for Halo 2
>Get a 360 for Halo 3
>Play through it, beat it together
>Repeat for Halo 3 ODST
>Repeat for Reach
>Repeat for Halo 4
>It sucked
>Go to college
>Dad gets an Xbone for Halo 5
>It doesn't have co-op, even if it is shit we wanted to play it together
Fuck 343i
>>
File: 1493250721790.gif (3MB, 264x240px) Image search: [Google]
1493250721790.gif
3MB, 264x240px
Playing duck hunt and Contra with my father when I was 3years old. Fun times are over tho, dad tried to kill me yesterday.
>>
>>388715393
Do you have a fetish for degradation diaper play now?
>>
>>388715339
What a bitch
>>
>>388720113
Still no. Those are blinds.
>>
File: babycage1.jpg (99KB, 751x643px) Image search: [Google]
babycage1.jpg
99KB, 751x643px
>>388715626
You think that is bad
>>
>>388714376
>>
>>388747940
Story?
>>
>>388716186
>now you can play an rpg in moonrunes!
W O W
>>
File: 1503594669653.jpg (119KB, 565x407px) Image search: [Google]
1503594669653.jpg
119KB, 565x407px
Dad really isn't into games, but he did play ssb64 and mario kart with me and admittedly had some fun.

Mom however games all the time on 3DS.
Mastering the shit out of puzzle games like prof layton, picross. And she made tom nook her little bitch.
There is actually very little left for her to do in AC:NL, am impress. Left behind a nice message for her to read.
>>
>>388714376
>tfw i have none
I think the furtherst my dad went into gaming is donloading candy crush.
>>
>>388717089
I know exactly how you feel, dude but don't consider something like that. That other anon is right. Your dad wouldn't want that for you.
>>
Nothing really with my parents, i have more memories with my sibling. Although, my parents would watch me and play vice with me. I was about 7. My dad also played no mercy with me. And of course, when the wii came out we all played wii sports. But my parents hated that i played some games like hitman or halo. They would buy me games then take them away. It also didnt help that my dad was an alcoholic so he would yell at me sometimes just for touching a controller, and the next day be ok with anything I did.
>>
File: 1503596052289.gif (881KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1503596052289.gif
881KB, 350x350px
>>388748443
DELET THIS
>>
File: 1501008652696.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501008652696.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>388714376
>me being 7
>have soccer practice that day
>playing jurassic park on the sega genesis instead
>pops comes in room to take me to practice
>No thanks dad
>watch as pops proceeds to curb stomp my beloved sega genesis

>me like 12 years old
>have soccer practice that day
>playing some pokeman game or something instead
>pops walks in to take me to practice
>not today day..
>watch as pops proceeds to curb stomp my beloved GBA

>its my birthday
>pops brings home jurassic park lego set
>start convulsing and having ptsd
>yell at dad that I just want tony hawks pro skater
>pops looks at my sega dreamcast sitting on the floor
>
>goes back and makes the exchange for the game

i-it was alright I guess
>>
>>388714376
Playing Nascar on the N64 with the steering wheel and gas pedal controller.
Only game he would ever play, really.
>>
File: 2768.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
2768.gif
2MB, 380x285px
>>388750231
>>pops brings home jurassic park lego set
>>start convulsing and having ptsd
You're a little shit, you know that right? I bet you have a punchable face
>>
Once, as a child, my father saw me playing C&C: Retaliation on the PSX and asked me what it was. I spent half an hour or so showing him the ropes, telling him basic game mechanics, teaching him the cheat codes that i'd use to get past particularly difficult sections (FUCKING ANTS). He seemed to get bored pretty quickly, so I carried on playing by myself.

Two days later, I come home from school to find that my dad set up the PSX in the living room and had been playing C&C literally all day. The first video game he had ever played. He had this child-like wonder at the interactivity of it all. I sat there and drank my strawberry milk as I watched him overcome challenges through creative methods, exactly the kinds of things i'd been doing to work my way through the game.

Thing is, i'd had the shit kicked out of me at school that day. I was aggressively bullied and had no friends for the entirety of my childhood because I preferred to sit in my room and play strategy games. Seeing my father utterly engrossed in something I had also fallen in love with convinced me that I wasn't a freak, or a mistake. He accidentally showed me that everything was going to be alright, and still to this day has no idea how much he helped me by wasting an entire day playing a video game.
>>
File: musashism39.jpg (211KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
musashism39.jpg
211KB, 1920x1080px
>>388748590
> Dad & mother have been fighting about some old shit apparently
>Go to visit them, dads already a bit drunk & not in good mood
>Start drinking too
>Having drinks with dad in the garage trying to cheer him up
>We have some epic laughs, everythingwenbetterthanexpected.png
>Didn't know hes been secretly drinking moonshine too
>Suddenly a complete personality change happens, he thinks I'm fucking with him or some shit
>We go outside, I try to hug him
>He throws me on the car hood (nelson)
>Mom calls cops
>I free myself, still trying to calm him
>Somewhere he gets this wooden rod with girth of a bicep and starts hitting me with it
>Hurts like hell and unarmed, so I try to gtfo
>Runs after me to the backyard, we start wrestling in the raspberry bush
> Can't breathe because he chokes me, he's much stronger than me
>Hit his throat and throw him over me using my legs
>Police comes and I'm walking back to my home
>Dad still runs after me
>Go hide in the backyard of an old friend

Then he did his oldest trick in the book, faking to have a heart attack so police take him to hospital, not in a drunktank. Then he called a taxi from there and gtfo back to his home. I went to a bar to get shitfaced because of the bruises, my ear ripped badly.
>Realize there is no helping that psycho, should've smashed him when he was down but I'm too much of a dirty hippie for it.
>>
>>388716446
>>
File: 1491682229506.jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1491682229506.jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>388750967
>passing along scum tactics

Literally reminds me of when I let my little brother play dark souls on my modded xbox 360 for the first time ever and I sat there like a dipshit and explained everything as he went through, even boss tactics like the taru fight stairs and shit.

I still regret that, I stole his experience so to speak.
>>
>>388722773
>things that never happened
>>
Playing pic related with dad, I moved one of the flippers and he the other.
He didn't like most video games, only sonic, I remember he bought us a Sega Genesis and a cd with games from Sega, ahh good memories
>>
>>388714376
Endurance Race in GT3, Tokyo R246.
>>
File: 1492452306855.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492452306855.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>388751370
i fucking destroyed my computer lab classes with this shit

ASS was always top on the leaderboard, and kids even went so far as to delete the score file, and I would re-blast their shit. every time.
>>
>mom never really cared about games, I tried playing Witcher 3 with her because she likes fantasy, drama etc etc
>game is too long and we're too busy
>will try to play The Last of Us with her at some point

apart from that
>just when I was really getting into vidya and just when vidya itself was becoming more and more visually appealing, my dad gets sick
>spends most of his time still working, either in the office or at home
>sickness lasts for 5 years, drains him of weight almost completely
>never got around to asking me about games
>never got around to asking him about games
>everyone is just so focused on his illness and his care
>one day when I come from school I get the news that he died that morning
>regret never really playing with him
Looking back on it, he might have been too obsessed with work. Then again, I was too shy and too ignorant to ask him to play something with me.
>>
File: 1503111940206.jpg (324KB, 583x1508px) Image search: [Google]
1503111940206.jpg
324KB, 583x1508px
>>388716446
>>
>Tell mom she should try Ocarina of Time, it's the best game ever and I'm sure she'll appreciate video games more if she does.
>Dad walks in
>Makes fun of the music
>Navi appears
>"Oh, so you play games with fairies"?
>try to direct mom
>She can't do anything right
>end up telling her where to go, who to talk to
>dad mocks everything from the guy humping rocks to people's derp faces
>mom dies to the rolling boulders
>dad says something
>don't remember what
>don't want to play anymore
>turn it off
>mom says it's her fault because she played bad
>I just say I'm not in the mood anymore
>dad tells me to grow up
>spend the rest of the day in my room
I hate video games
>>
>>388714376
Not really vidya.
Mom recognized and liked music from FFVIII. I even bought the OST.
>>
File: 1499143378335.jpg (571KB, 806x952px) Image search: [Google]
1499143378335.jpg
571KB, 806x952px
>>388714376

>Parents are kill
>Brother raised me
>Gets me super nintendo for christmas one year
>come home from school
>has deleted all of my link to the past saves
>Three new files
>Whats
>Up
>Bro
>Mixed feelings
>>
As a pimple infested 13 year old i got my mom, who never ever played vidya in her life other than the ones on her phone and think they are a waste of time, to help me on one level in black ops, the wii version of the game.
>>
>>388750569
Did you read the rest of the post?
>>
File: 1501491790907.jpg (116KB, 544x635px) Image search: [Google]
1501491790907.jpg
116KB, 544x635px
>>388751973
I bet you're sick of batman jokes
>>
>>388751973
What happened next?
>>
File: 1444013465323.gif (3MB, 241x176px) Image search: [Google]
1444013465323.gif
3MB, 241x176px
>>388750993
Also to add that when he ran after me he yelled "I'M THE MOST FUCKED UP GUY IN THIS NEIGHBORHOOD!!!" and a neighbour who woke up to all this just said "seems like it man". I laughed and then my dad started sonicrunning after me.

What would you guys have done in my situation?
>>
>>388751282
It's okay not to believe me anon, because I know it happen.
I still love you
>>
>>388714376
My dad, my brother, and I used to play Guantlet the Dark Legacy and the Shrek 2 game on the Xbox. I miss those days.
>>
File: sad cat.png (403KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sad cat.png
403KB, 640x480px
My dad is the reason I'm not a casual today, he got me into so many great games that ended up becoming classics like Resident Evil/Devil May Cry/Silent Hill/Halo to name some.

I remember one Christmas getting Dragonball Z Budokai and we set it up on the PS2 and played all morning.

Shame these days his eyes aren't too good and he gets headaches easy, we haven't really been able to play in years.
>>
>>388717178
Dude what the fuck, I had a similar experience with my dad getting annoyed at my childhood friend saying balls around him.

And we were both playing a videogame, and my dad shot a character in the nuts. I just can't remember what the game was, medal of honor on ps1 maybe I've never forgotten about this, or told anyone for that matter. I was around the same age too.
>>
>>388714376
My first experience with video games is probably me watching my dad play one of those hunting video games for PC back in the day. Snacking and waiting for digital prey to walk up. Pretty comfy.

He also had a PS1 and we played a lot of different games on that. We also did a bit of raging at lego star wars and such. Those were fun times. We still occaisionally play some CoD or something similar on my PS3 but not very often or for very long.
>>
>>388752259
Reading through this thread also reminded me how we used to rent games from blockbuster and my dad would download the games onto the Xbox's hard drive. I think he felt guilty for doing it, because I have several memories of him telling me he was going to delete the games we didn't own a copy of, although he never did.
>>
File: 1498611557554.png (90KB, 325x166px) Image search: [Google]
1498611557554.png
90KB, 325x166px
>>388752115

Sometimes, I don't even remember them, it's my brother that has the emotional connection to our parents.

>mfw he unironically shouted 'MY PARENTS ARE DEEEAAAD" when I was 4 and I remembered it recently
>>
File: 1420327269860.jpg (15KB, 366x330px) Image search: [Google]
1420327269860.jpg
15KB, 366x330px
>>388752358
my dad used to call my indian friend a cocksucker when he was drunk and fishing with me. never said it to his face, it was just me and him. never figured out why he didnt like the kid, did nothing wrong but wouldnt eat hamburgers when my mom fixed them (is that an indian thing with the cow worship stuff?) i dunno
>>
>>388752208
sounds like your dad has gone depress
>>
>>388752626
Sometimes people just rub you off the wrong way and you can't help but dislike them, even if they didn't do anything.
>>
>>388752626

Anybody who would worship an animal as disgusting as a cow probably also sucks dick, yeah.
>>
File: 1407731314990.jpg (71KB, 481x491px) Image search: [Google]
1407731314990.jpg
71KB, 481x491px
I vaguely remember my dad used to watch my brother and I play MSR on the Dreamcast back when we were kids. Apart from that he never really did anything, he once came into my room while I was playing a CoD game and became engrossed in the story for a while. He also tried playing some racing games with me around 5 years ago. Otherwise, he thinks they're a waste of time.

My mum on the other hand usually tries her best to enjoy what I like, sometimes she'll walk in and ask what's happening in the game, and comment on how being a VA would be nice. From doing this she mostly knows the plot of MGS2 and Silent Hill 2. When she saw all the weird things in MGS2, she asks me about who made it, and now Kojima is forever known to her as "that weird japanese man". She was sad that his mother died when I told her. She also thought Mary had an annoying voice in SH2.

Apart from that, they don't play games nor care much for them outside of us.
>>
My dad and I played the first level of goldeneye on N64 over and over and over again for a year, before either of us figured out you had to press the button to open the gate for the truck. He would always kick my ass in multiplayer, he would screen-watch. He played original smash with my step sister and I when it came out, and still to this day, at the age of 76 he'll play CoD games on the xbox one because it reminds him of Korea. I love you dad.
>>
File: 1.png (69KB, 186x181px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
69KB, 186x181px
>>388750993
I don't drink but I am stronger than my dad. (He's a big fuckin guy too, was even in the air force when he was younger.) I would just hold him down until the police arrived or just knock his lights out if I had too.
>>
My dad would spend days playing SM64. He 100% it, getting every star. It's pretty much the only game he ever played.

Years later I let him have my old DS and gave him SM64DS as a gift. Used his bathroom one time and found the DS on top of the toilet with a thick set of pages, all hand-written, detailing out how he got every star. He already had three save files all at 150 stars.
>>
>>388715626
what are blinds? are YOU blind?
>>
>>388752974
After my parents divorced, we still had fun playing vidya together. I remember sitting in the loft with my mom, playing halo. She wasn't that great, but she would drive the warthog around on the second level of CE. Whenever she saw me playing Skyrim on a visit to my house, she was absolutely floored by how much it reminded her of alaska. Vidya can be good for the soul.
>>
>>388714376

I don't have such memories, because I never grew up living with my parents, nor with my brothers and sisters

I'm adopted
>>
>>388714376
>My dad and I playing through Streets of Rage
>Finally reach the final boss and because I'm young and dumb and slapping the controller I choose to join up with the crime boss and my dad doesn't.
>Game has you fight each other when that happens
>I'm in a youthful turmoil of strong emotions, I can't deal with this horrible situation
>Dad just sets down his controller and tells me to beat the game without him
>Kill his unresisting character
>Kill the boss after that, alone
>Begin a reign of terror as the new crime boss
Every day I notice another sacrifice my dad made to ensure I lived a better life. Everything I am is because he cared.
>>
>>388714376
My dad got Half Life 2 for free with his grafix card back then and I watched him play it. That was really cool.
>>
>>388753447
any stories?
>>
My dad surprised me with a ps1 after school when i was like 7. I came home and he had set it up in the living room, he had been playing soviet strike all day. My mom also really liked crash bandicoot.
>>
>>388737171
Better than any other shmup.
>>
>parents work all the time
>always got home to a note saying we should do our homework and play snes until they came home

Always felt comfy.

>dad works a lot, barely see him
>only time we spend together is him eating breakfast and rolling a cigarette while I'm watching pokemon on itv before school because the English kids were on half term.
>one morning near my birthday he brings me a bag with pokemon blue in it
>I tell him how it's going in the game in our hour before school, and he's good enough to feign interest
>grow up, move away at 17, basically don't talk for 10+ years
>live in another country now, changed my name on a whim, don't see or hear from family, I'm 30 now, starting my own
>always want to call on his birthday but always bottle it

Dinna be like me, lads.
>>
>>388737234
>whenever someone comes to watch, I always just quit the game
I hope you're not alone, anon.
>>
>>388714376
>Be me, 6 years old
>Playing adventure island
>Play for a couple of days
>Shit's so difficult for me, I can't even beat the first boss
>one night , mom and dad took my console and plugged it on their bedroom
>Mom starts playing, beats area 1 , 2, 3 and 4 in a row, killing the goddamn bosses like it's nothing
>Watch her play amazed by dem skillz

What the fuck mom
>>
>>388714376
I got one of me being an absolute asshole.

>Parents never understand video games really. My dad played the original two DOOMs and that was it.
>Always get on my case because I love video games and I spent all my free time playing them.
>Be 10, Dad offers to buy a game called band of brothers or something like that because he likes wwII shit and it looked fun.
>Read some review and it said it was shit, so tell him I don't want it.
> Didn't realize that he was just trying to be a good dad and try and share his sons hobby.
>Regret it to this day.

On the plus side, it all worked out. We're extremely tight now. I love my dad.
>>
>>388750993
>white trash
>>
>>388751941
Do your mom a favor, and sockvyour dad in the fucking chin. Or piss on his grave
>>
>>388755212
Let it all out anon
>>
File: 1497130022160.gif (482KB, 500x260px) Image search: [Google]
1497130022160.gif
482KB, 500x260px
>>388735586
>tfw no dad at all
>>
File: 1503936857124.jpg (10KB, 480x477px) Image search: [Google]
1503936857124.jpg
10KB, 480x477px
>>388715626
There are places in America where you need bars on your windows to keep criminals out.

It's like any other place in the world.
>>
>>388755774
Don't feel too bad about it.
If your dad walked out on you, he wasn't a good dad. You're just idealizing something you've never had.
>>
>>388716345
Your dad was trying to kill himself
>>
>>388714376
I used to play some PS2 games with my mum, Haven, all the Jak games, Sly. That's the extent of it, she was never really into vidya that much but loved the Jak games, so I ended up getting her the Jak and Daxter trilogy on PS3 so she's been having fun with that

My dad has never really cared for vidya at all. I got him to try to play GTA 5 once but it was only for a couple of hours cause he didn't want to play anymore.
>>
Man, that room is so homey.
>>
>>388714990
Don't feel bad man I'm 30 years old. And yes,i think about suicide often.
>>
>>388714376

Playing Zelda I/II and Demon's Crest with my dad on SNES when I was a kid. There was also a time when we were stuck waiting in an airport and spent a couple hours at the arcade machines they had playing Gauntlet, SFII, Time Crisis 3, and House of the Dead.
>>
>sharing personal childhood memories with a bunch of neckbeard weeaboo virgins.

Nah
>>
>>388714376

I used to watch my mom play SMB3 when I was a kid.

She only ever played that game, and played it like an enthusiast.

She knew every secret, every single mushroom chest and could 100% every single match up mini game from memory.

I played a bit of Galaga and Galaxian with my dad when he bought me a PS1 and the Namco Museum game, but he's never really been into videogames.

I'm sorry for all you poor folks who grew up in such bad scenarios
>>
>>388714376
My parents were never really big into video games. Mom grew up poor and saw even arcade games that were 25 cents a play to be a waste of time and money. Dad played Atari games, but by the time I was born, he didn't play anything outside Breakout and Snake on his old Nokia phone. It's actually just recently that my mom even started playing those anagram and puzzle apps on her phone and that's mostly what she does with her small middle aged group of friends
>>
>>388756534
Thanks. I just wish mine had been a good one. Would've been nice.
>>
>>388714376
We got Sonic Adventure, Soul Calibur and some NFL Crap...so what's the game in the lower left? Some Demo CD, Blue Stinger ?
>>
>>388748365
kek I can imagine kids throwing rocks at baby cages
>>
I remember playing Nintendo with dad Saturday mornings playing mario and both having mullets.

Good times. I also remember playing double dragon, he got impatient with me though and did the old unplugged controller gag when he just wanted to play by himself.

In my high school days he was so impressed you could rewind time in Prince of Persia, he literally stole the game from me and beat it himself after about 6 months. Not bad for dude that never played a 3ds game in his life.
>>
>>388757291
>Tell dad I want my own laptop
>Get it in 2004 when I was 11 or some shit.
>Go to circuit city with dad and ask the people there whats a good game.
>Get HL2 not knowing anything about it at all
>Like fucking 5 discs or some shit.
>Comes with CS:S and whatever else came with HL2 at the time.
>First actual game with a serious story I've played as well as first mature game
>Spooked by train ride
>spooked by flashy floaty robots
>this fucking airboat
>fucking ravenholm temporarily induced PTSD
>the whole rest of the campaign
>CS:S and its modding community was something I've never seen before and was in awe of.
>endless fun playing zombies and custom maps and shit

I will never enjoy gaming as much as the first year I had that laptop. Everything was just so glorious and amazing to me and now I've over indulged so much that maybe one title every year or two gives me a glimpse of the glory days.

Nothing every compares to the first high.

Also
>dad died of alcoholism last october. Massive heart attack exacerbated by chronic ethanolism.
>There was absolutely nothing I could about it.
He was a fucking piece of shit mega asshole towards the end but I loved him.
>>
>dad lives in germany with his family
>living with my mom, we have no games
>get to visit dad, meet my older step brother for the first time
>they have snes and n64
>my step brother can't understand me and i can't understand him, so our dad is the translator
>play mario 64 with my dad and german step brother all evening
>mom won't buy me a n64 because it's a dad thing

those were the days
>>
>>388757291
>>388757743
I don't know why I referenced you, my bad.
>>
>>388714748
She has excellent taste anon.

My mom loved SMB3 and you know the sad part? I it took her YEARS to actually beat the game legit without my dad's help.
>>
>>388716794

HOLY SHIT, ARE YOU ME?

LIKE, ACTUALLY ME? IS YOUR NAME CORY?
>>
>>388714376
>weekend rolls around
>me and dad taking turns playing through SMW
>do this up until 2 in the morning
>switch off the game and watch an episode of I Love Lucy
>dad showing me his late night snack preferences every time, usually cutting slices of cheese and salami onto crackers or dipping lightly buttered bread into tomato sauce
>go to bed after the show ends
Still wish we could've picked that habit back up at some point.
Never really did much together after that.
>>
>>388714376
>mom used to play bubble bobble with me when i was 10
>dad played that final fantasy with me where you had to carry the bubble around the map constantly
>also played some NHL gamecube game with me like 15 years ago
>later he'd come to my room toget his NFL fix on my gamecube then got tired of it cause then suddenly the AI got extremely better suddenly and didnt make sense
Have the chance to play splatoon with him, if i didnt dislike the game itself
>>
>>388714376
I remember having a Jurassic park game on the Genesis that was really hard for me then. My dad made it all the way to the final boss and beat the Trex. I thought it was the coolest shit.

We used to go to block buster to get coop games. Played the shit out of smugglers run together.

Last real game we played together coop was Army of Two so that series will always have a really special place in my heart. Ever since then, because he liked them so much, when he helps me out in life he'll say stuff like "Its all good, buddy. We're and Army of Two." Makes me tear up a but that I live out of state from him now.
>>
>>388750993
>went in for a hug
what the fuck
>>
>>388736986
You dont cope you endure it. Fucking faggot.
>>
>>388758913
>you will never find out your mom lurks on 4chan posing as you
>>
>>388715358
That's fucking awesome anon.
>>
>>388714376
>be 5
>playing battletoads on nes
>actually pass turbo tunnel, for the first time, ever
>neighbor's kid comes around, asks to play outside
>pause the game and tell mom not to turn off the nes because there's no password system like in megaman 3
>"ok, hun, now go play outside"
>dad had turned off the tv AND the console because the pause music annoyed him
>>
Mother took turns playing Bomberman with my kid brother and me. We never got past the third world.

I wish I had Alzheimers so I don't have to remember what's it like being happy.
>>
File: 1445087270673.jpg (42KB, 415x540px) Image search: [Google]
1445087270673.jpg
42KB, 415x540px
>dad grew up in the 50s
>be me, playing Destroy all humans
>thought he'd get a kick out of seeing the 50s setting (cars, houses lingo etc)

he did, thats about it. my parents don't hate video games or think they're bad, they just have absolutely zero interest in them what so ever. I also showed him rdr because he loved spaghetti westerns. again, he thought it was charming but thats about it.

I think my mom just sees static when she looks at a video game, she has even less interest in them than my dad.
>>
I played so much mario kart 64 with them. They introduced me into video games with alex the kid. Diddy Kong Racing was great, super mario 64 too. I miss these times. Nowadays they can not follow fast blinking things on the screen and even if, I just grew up and it wouldn't be the same. I love my parents.
>>
>>388759325
Thinking back even further on this. We used to play Battle Arena Toshinden and Tekken together as well. He's probably why I love fighting games the way I do.

On top of that, we played Gran Turismo with me, my father, and my grandfather. Three generations of men in our family spending time in between life playing a game together is pretty incredible when I think about it.
>>
My family got a Wii from some friend family or something when we move to Salt Lake City in 2006. As cheesy as it sounds, we played it exactly like they would in the commercials. It was magical.
I also wasn't interested in playing Twilight Princess until like half a decade later. I regret not playing it sooner alongside my brother
>>
File: D1_SS04-e1335283686963.gif (125KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
D1_SS04-e1335283686963.gif
125KB, 640x400px
Playing Descent with my Dad.

He would sit me on his lap and use the two joysticks (gaming was manly back then and dual joysticks were a thing) while I pressed buttons on the keyboard. Shit was pretty intense for a 5 year old.

His 30 year old friend would call me from work and set up 1v1 games with me. He'd beat the shit out of me everytime... because I was 5, and he was 30.

That's not really the foundest gaymen memory though, just the earliest. Foundest is playing through Halo 3 with my Dad. He took me and my friends to Gamestop for the midnight launch and bought two copies. Then we went home and the four of us played through the entire singleplayer that night, two people on my Xbox and 2 people on his. The next morning he went to work but let us stay home from school so we could keep playing.

Good times. This being the ten year anniversary, I'm hoping to set up another campaign playthrough with just him and I.
>>
>>388714940
>and never stopped
is he wet-brained or dead now
>>
>>388760327

*fondest. Jesus christ
>>
Back when I was real young, the only game system we had for a good long while was a Sega genesis but my and my brother and I always had some fun times with it. On the weekends when there was nothing much to do, my mom would shout across the apartment" HEY YALL WANNA SEE ME PLAY THE GAME", she never said what the game's actual name but it was streets of rage 2. Me and my older brother would gather in her room usually with snacks and/or blankets and get comfortable and watch her absolutely clean house with Blaze always making it to the end and getting a new high score everytime. On a couple of occasions my mom and older brother would play together, she always picks Blaze, my older brother always picks Alex, and I would always pick Max. It was so much to see them two argue and have fun at the same time over who gets the secret 1ups. My experiences with my mom and my brother with this game and the fact that the entire trilogy is so fun and amazing is the reason why streets of rage is one of my favorite game franchises of all time. My mom doesn't play video games much nowadays but whenever I play streets of rage 2 on my 3ds and I find her sneaking a peak at me playing it we both remember the fun times we had with it and laugh.
>>
File: laterhomo.jpg (19KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
laterhomo.jpg
19KB, 500x499px
>>388736986
>>388737041
>>388759440
Here's your (you)
>>
>>388714990

How old are you? I'm 26 in a month, I was like 10 when the GC came out.
>>
>Under 6
>Dad gets an Atari 2600
>Actually got to play ET in its' prime, but being a kid + the game was stupid as fuck, didn't get much out of it
>Adventure, Combat, Cops & Robbers were excellent.
>Few years later, get in car cuz we're going somewhere
>Told there'll be a surprise when we get back
>Being a nosy little shit I get up and see dad pulling an NES box out of the trunk and taking it inside
>hypedasfuck to get home
He was always a gamer too despite his age.
>few years later
>included in all future vidya shopping
>visit flea market once a month almost exclusively to see the Vidya & Japan Import kiosk that was there for years
>bought our first SNES there
>Dad's brother had it too, even the Japanese famicom shit, I was completely confused as to what that was all about
>years of playing things with Dad including Battletoads, Secret of Mana, and FF6, complain Secret of Evermore didn't have co-op when it made more sense
>Even post-divorce he got an N64 and a few games to keep sharp & have something to bond with me when I came over, Mario, Turok, that "Shake shake" game I always fucking forget the name of, etc.
>Still have that original SNES + FF6 and SoM with his "All characters are named after The Beatles" save file on it despite him passing away in 2006
>>
>>388760403
Manages to be an electrical engineer with experience in IT and project management. I have no idea how. He's an insufferable whiny bitch whose brain doesn't register his own actions
>>
>>388714376
My dad had started playing diablo 2 again and my brother was over for dinner, we started talking about it and we learned he had the game running upstairs and was stuck on Duriel, he had numerous characters lined up to kill Duriel but he was having issues with it and had put it off but had been trying for a while before dinner.
So afterwards we went upstairs and looked at the situation, each time he died he bought new equipment and went down to try again, his character couldn't take many hits.
So step one was going down and collecting all the stuff, and then sorting it out and getting the old equipment, then I beat Duriel for him with that character.
Then my brother and I took turns killing Duriel for him with the rest of his characters he had lined up.

A few weeks I walked by him and saw him playing with a new character in Act 3 and learned he had taken care of Duriel himself that time.
>>
My dad and I played the shit out of Tomba! We worked on completing all the events and I can still remember my dad excitedly showing me that he found the Hidden Village and what he had to do to find it.

I love my dad
>>
The closest any parent got to giving a shit about video games was when they watched me play Silent Hill and my dad said "This would make a good movie." Turns out he was wrong, he hated the film.
>>
File: 20170825_145609.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170825_145609.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
My dad and I have been best friends for the entire twenty-five years I've lived on this beautiful, green planet.

My father used to be in the military, but when he severely injured his foot and back, he dedicated his days to spending every moment he could with me. He introduced me to EverQuest when I was seven and we've played every MMO together since - from City of Heroes to World of Warcraft to ArcheAge, we've been inseperable partners in crime. My mom loves watching us spend time together and likes to hear of the adventures we have together. When I showed him some older games I've picked up, he had tears of joy because they were the same games he played when he was younger.

The other day day when we had family over, I overheard him bragging to his brother about how good at Starcraft I am (even though I only manage 80 APM). Even when we're playing against each other, he always is laughing and having a fun time.

I can't wait to be a father some day, /v/. I'm going to share so many experiences with my kid(s) and my dad's going to get to relive our fondest memories all over again.

Thank you for everything, Pops. You and Mom are the best.
>>
My parents never really got into games, and only recently started using their phones and pcs for anything demanding but my dad did play Burnout 3 at night when he'd get bored.

>be like 8
>hear a commotion at like 1 am
>my sister is telling my dad off for waking her up
>the absolute madman spent all of the previous nights playing Burnout 3 non stop and getting all the trophies

>another time
>playing Burnout 3
>dad comes home and tells me to stop for a second
>fresh fucking pizza
>eat dinner then go back to playing Burnout
So comfy

He also appreciated Halo though he never really played it much.
>>
>>388760923
Youll find that that is a large part of any workforce
>>
>>388761434
this isnt the thread where we just come in and lie to each other.
>>
I played dynamite headdy with my dad. We got to the spooky baby boss before he left to work. And I couldn't finish it because it scared the fuck out of me. Another memory was playing Ristar with my family one night. Shit was fun because we all cheered after finishing a boss. We managed to beat it as well.
>>
>>388759414
I love my dad, we are fucked up infp people. I hug everyone all the time.
>>
>>388736986
You tell /v/ about the good times you had with your papa
>>
when i beat the final boss on sonic 2 i ran to wake up my sister to come watch the ending, we had tried to beat that game forever

also I convinced her there was a way to ride boomers train track to a "secret area" in mario rpg
>>
File: 1458905607988.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1458905607988.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>388714376
>Playing Banjo Kazooie in my room
>Mom comes in and asks what I'm playing
>On screen I turn into a pumpkin on the haunted house level
>I tell her "Banjo Kazooie"
>She says it looks fun, and asks if she could play
>I let her
>She's just kinda bouncing around as a pumpkin and laughing the whole time.
>She hands the controller back after 10 minutes of mindless pumpkin-ing.
>She leaves and goes back downstairs saying "That was fun, maybe again some time"

Turns out she doesnt remember any of that since she was wasted.
I try to remind her every now and then, but she doesn't remember and then vehemently reminds me that she hates videogames, and blames them for me never having succeeded in my life.
>>
File: 20170827_144943.jpg (177KB, 774x1032px) Image search: [Google]
20170827_144943.jpg
177KB, 774x1032px
>>388761845

WhyWouldSomeoneGoLieOnTheInternet.jpeg

My APM is usually around 60. You got me, Anon.

Oh yeah, we also built an arcade machine together. It's actually a MAME machine with over 20,000 files of games, but it's basically an arcade cabinet.
>>
We don't play videogames much but one time, My dad, mom and I played some of the original left for dead. It was an interesting experience for sure.

He really likes Grim Fandango, racing games and the Fallout series. He even gifted me Fallout 4 when it was on sale.
>>
>>388763008
I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>388763008
Kill you're self my man
>>
>>388715339
Maybe you should have picked up your fucking shit, why was your game even on the floor fuckboi?

My mom snapped my Heretic disk in half just because of the name. She was/is a cunt too.
>>
>>388763191

>APM is 60 not 80

YOU GO TO HELL. YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE LIAR.

That sounds like a wonderful relationship and I am glad your dad has instilled such a kind and fun spirit in you too.

Mine was more about sports (he did reporting on it for USA today) but he catered to our game interest. Clipped out newspaper articles relevant to it (like a review of HL1), loved to repeat the Warcraft 2/3 soundbites (yes Milord, zug zug and so on) and my fondest and clearest memory was when he let me stay home from school and took me to buy an N64.
>>
On my 4th birthday in 2000 me and my dad went out and got a Dreamcast. It was more for him and he used my birthday as an excuse, but we got Sonic Adventure and Shenmue which is really what he was going for. We got into Sonic Adventure that day and I remember we actually got pretty far. We got near the end on Sonic's story and beat E-102's story. Was nice.
>>
My dad used play Super C and Goldeneye with me. I remember doing co-op in Desert Storm or something. He enjoyed Halo too though I didn't get into those games as much. He worked on a dredge so he was gone for a month and then only had two weeks home, so he was usually busy trying to cram as much shit as possible into his time home.

My brother has a Switch as well so I brought mine over and played Splatoon 2 and he asked me what the hell happened to video games and that they don't make them like they used to
>>
>>388764269

Aweh. Thanks, Anon. You mention WC2 and I immediately remember, "YOUR SOUND CARD WORKS PERFECTLY." I picture this guy on ESPN talking about how X Team just performed in a game and suddenly going, "I'VE GOT A FLYING MACHINE" and his cohost freaking the fuck out. What N64 pack did you get? My dad got the Podracing one with me. He loved seeing me play but feigned liking the "first three" movies but still had fun watching them with me. Good times.
>>
File: ZKCXVpE.jpg (206KB, 1220x918px) Image search: [Google]
ZKCXVpE.jpg
206KB, 1220x918px
>>388758829
>gets excited to not only get a rare (you), but two (you)
>wrong person
>>
>>388736025

My mom did this with Yoshi's Story. Every thing you could do in the game, every collectible. The whole damn game, 100 percent.

This amazed me because she hadn't played a game before and hasn't played one since.
>>
File: 1503232001425.png (371KB, 600x506px) Image search: [Google]
1503232001425.png
371KB, 600x506px
>>388715358
Kek my dad whooped my ass at NHL 17 a few weeks ago, I was playing the shit out of it at the time and he still beat me 4-2.
Haven't seen him have that much fun in a long time, definitely going to try and make this our new thing.
>>
File: 1TFGK55.jpg (536KB, 1704x1221px) Image search: [Google]
1TFGK55.jpg
536KB, 1704x1221px
>>388765491
have this (you) friendo
>>
>>388765456
>"YOUR SOUND CARD WORKS PERFECTLY."
Forever etched into my memory.
I'll forget my name before that.
>>
>>388765456

I forget the specific pack but I remember it was Mario 64, the jet-ski one and that may have been it barring one more or so. It was a pretty early one. It's too bad he never quite got the gaming bug bitten because I feel like he would have enjoyed a lot of the sports games. Even though I can't really get into watching sports I loved playing NHL/NFL (and blitz, but that's sports lite) on the N64 and PS2.

For those of you who have good dads make sure you enjoy your time with them. Nobody ever went to the grave regretting spending more time with their awesome dad and less time at work. For those who had bad dads just try and be the dad you wish you had. Understand when your kid might not have the same interests you do but I feel like if you have that love and connection that interest can end up taking root in a roundabout way. I now love a hell of a lot of the music my dad always listened to growing up, I have his interest in trying new foods, I love the obnoxious kinda dad jokes he'd make We'll see if I have his Lewy Body Dementia
>>
File: DN64_Box.jpg (23KB, 350x256px) Image search: [Google]
DN64_Box.jpg
23KB, 350x256px
Literally only seen him play one game in his entire life: Duke Nukem 64. Knew all the secrets and was super good. So was my brother. I could never get past Gun Crazy I was so bad.
>>
File: 767309-A43Xf_m2FJrz0_Or[1].jpg (5KB, 256x193px) Image search: [Google]
767309-A43Xf_m2FJrz0_Or[1].jpg
5KB, 256x193px
>be 5 year old me
>watching dad play doom II
>he gets fucking shot in the face by a zombie shotgunner
>he's got about 10hp left
>i see bleedin to death doomguy
>get fucking scared by it
>pass all night thinking about that fucking face
>next day he lets me play it
>tfw scared to fuck up
>know that if i fuck up i get to see bloody doomguy again
>panic and run out of the room
i miss those times
>>
>>388714376
My dad and I playing Mario Kart; he didn't play video games but he would play MK64 with me every night

Playing Mario Party 1-4 with my mom. Games actually got really heated since we were both really competitive
>>
>>388714376
kicking my ass at sf2
>>
>>388766569

;_;7
>>
File: 1503960432159.gif (527KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1503960432159.gif
527KB, 500x281px
>>388766949
>You will never play black liquorice on nick games and shit your pants ever again
>>
>>388714376
I really loved HoMM as a kid. Once I discovered what the "Hot Seat" button does, I would often nag dad to play with me. He'd always complain how strategy games are boring and take forever to end and nothing ever happens. Still managed to convince him to play with me a few times.
And then one day I found my CD missing. I asked dad if he's seen it when he got back from work and he immediately burst into a proud story of how he beat a vastly superior army. Turns out he secretly ended up liking the game so much he nabbed my CD and installed in on his work PC to have something to play during slow night shift hours.
>>
My dad died when i was 6 and a half.

My mom felt so bad she bought me a PS1 a week later.
I played the thing for 6 months straight every single day for hours and my mom let me play as long as i wanted.
PSX is my favorite console of all time, and 20 years later i still have it and its my treasure.
>>
I spent 3 days a week in the hospital in second grade for chemotherapy treatment. One day, shortly after the release of the Zelda Oracle games on GBC, my mom drove me to Target on the way to the hospital and bought me Oracle of Seasons, which I played all day. She also bought a copy of Oracle of Ages for my brother and we played through them both together.

Thanks mom!
>>
>>388768772

Did you died?
>>
>>388768836
>>388768772
his watch has ended

press f to pay respects.
>>
Every once in a while when I came home from school my dad would be playing Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow. He often ended up in full-on firefights but I cherished watching him play my favorite games
>>
I used to play Wii Sports all the time with my dad. Our favorite was bowling.
>>
I just had weird experiences with my parents and grandparents
>playing kingdom hearts 1 on release
>mom and grandma are watching me play
>doing the tutorial fights with wakka and other kid FF characters on Destiny Islands
>grandma remarks with "Wow, they're just getting kids ready for war earlier and earlier with these violent video games."
>>
>>388769682
dumb oldies
>>
>>388769432

>Pandora Tomorrow

But what did he play today?
>>
File: 1426841852828.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1426841852828.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>mom would play those wwe games with me when i was in the wrestling faze as a teen
>dad used to play games when he was younger and continues playing games on his phone
>>
>Got a GameCube when I was 7 along with some games including Finding Nemo
>Stuck at some parts of the FN game, dad beats it for me
Also
>Got a DS when I was 10 along with Mario World for GBA
>Mom asks to play it, plays a few levels and tells me that she loved playing the SMB on her NES as a kid
>>
>>388759325
go visit him sometime anon
>>
My mom introduced me to gaming, she took me to the mom n' pop arcade, and bought me junk food at the end, good shit. She's indifferent to vidya, tho.
>>
>>388770890
>Mom asks to play it, plays a few levels and tells me that she loved playing the SMB on her NES as a kid
Christ how young is your mom?
>>
>>388771479
People who were old enough to play the original SMB "as a kid" are in their 30s and possibly 40s now, anon.
>>
File: 20161231_181208-2016x1134.jpg (476KB, 2016x1134px) Image search: [Google]
20161231_181208-2016x1134.jpg
476KB, 2016x1134px
>>388714376
Being hyped as hell for Halo 2 after spending 100s of hours LANing Halo 1. My mom drove me and 4 friends to the mall for the midnight launch since we were freshman in high school. We all took the next day off school and played until 8am that morning. Never been so hyped for a game and it deliver. I have a shrine dedicated to the series in my game room
>>
File: 2f0-1.gif (938KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
2f0-1.gif
938KB, 350x200px
>>388714376
>Dad is a movie guy
>sceptical about vidya
>still gets me a ps3
>first game was MGS4
>he gets hyped by all this cutscene shit
>watches me play now and then
>sees final fight with liquid
Next month we spent screaming "Liquid" and "Snake" at eachother
>>
I'm 28 now and play much less. But I always go back to my parents once in a while and play with my brother that is 15 now.

His god damn life is games and mostly plays on pc. Regardless of what game I always kick his ass. Even going to Disney world with the shooting games I almost double his damn score.

I want him to beat me but fuck he sucks. It's always fun playing together. It's like I'm a whole other level compared to him. He never had to play hard games when young and get some fucking reflexes.

I would just think if you played games so much you will get good. He never gets fucking good.
>>
I have none because my parents hated video games
>>
On my 5th birthday my dad took me to the toy store and surprised me by saying he was getting a playstation. He let me pick out 3 games for it and I chose Spyro, Crash 2, and Rayman just based on the covers and the guy working there saying they were platformers. It was the best birthday ever and god damn kid me picked well.

It was also pretty fun to show my dad the new crash remake because he remembered me playing the originals so much as a kid.
>>
>>388714376
My dad had a pretty severe sex addiction. He would often download vast amounts of pornography on dial-up and incur huge bills. He also had a love for these terrible 90s porn games that he'd sometimes force me to play. He was also fond of Duke Nukem 3D, especially the part with the prostitutes. I still remember how loudly he'd laugh as he told me to shoot them with the shotgun, telling me that's how a prostitute should be treated.
It always struck me as a bit odd, but he soon after became a severe alcoholic and started beating me and my mother, so those memories are some of the fondest I have of him.
>>
When I was young playing pokemon red for the first time my dad asked to play it. He got hooked on it I guess because by the time I got it back the next day I had a level 40-50ish charizard that wouldn't listen to me. I had to go through the rock tunnel without flash with that shit what the fuck.
>>
Dad bought sega for christmas in 2002 when i was 5, said videogames are a waste of time, bought me my first graphics card in 2004, started buying me pc games, still said they were a waste of time, he still thinks that every game is prince of persia and command & conquer for some reason
>>
>>388754285
Call your da you drunken scotch piece of shite!
>>
>would always play starfox64 before school when it came out
>dad would just sit and watch before we had to leave
>eventually would start spouting all the lines on cue in the characters voice
really miss moments like that desu. before I was born my mom told me she would play my sisters SNES before work all the time, specifically doctor mario
>>
>>388714376
>mom helps me play lawnmower man for SNES
>boss battle
>"Anon stay on your side of the screen!"
>wtf "my side?"
>"No mom you have to dodge his attacks"
>"ANON YOU DO AS I SAY"
>"YOU NEVER TELL ME NO"
>we both died while she was rambling
>she never plays it with me again
>years later I look up a lets play on youtube
>learned that was the final boss, and the credits roll right after you beat him
>anger
>sadness
>>
>>388773498
What's up Logan?
>>
Helping my dad get through the first level of Medal of Honor Frontline
>>
>>388775991
How did your mom tell you that before you were born?
>>
Playing Ms Pacman and Centipede on Atari with a very pregnant mom a few nights before younger brother came around.

Playing Mario Party 1-6 with Dad and bros growing up. Best of times.
>>
Thread Soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYARiZkyK8Y

My father wasn't very close to us, only a little. He were almost a pro footballer so he watched sometimes when I played winning eleven.

But my mother was a complete pro in Tomb Raider, the one with the tigers at the beginning, in PS1. She beat it in one night without a Memory Card, because my dad was just away.
>>
>>388715393
>being bad at fucking hercules
You deserve to be in diapers desu
>>
>>388714376
My cousins playing LOZ link to the past on the Super Nintendo, to me it was the music.
>>
>>388714376

My parent is a nigger who does that 'vidya is a waste of time' thing.

She has also accused them of being 'bad influences', whatever the fuck that means.
>>
>>388760676
mischief makers

dad had good taste
>>
>>388714376
My dad's always played a lot of vidya, still does. We used to always play a bunch of racing games together when they came out (burnout, NFS). Good times.
>>
My dad is a shut in, literally all he does is play video games. He is part of the reason I am a shut in and all I do is play video games.

My fondest memories would be watching him play PC games as a child. I was completely entranced by Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, and Warcraft. I watched him play for hours and hours.

I was a gamer by the time StarCraft and Diablo 2 came out. My dad surprised me with these games when he bought them and we would open the game together, watch the opening cinematics, and share the first few hours of game play.

It was amazing, but honestly I'm kind of pissed my dad was such an obsessive gamer. It's literally all I did growing up, and now I'm a skinny beta nerd with zero social skills.
>>
My father is a hard worker who never quite liked Vidya for some reason but still bought us consoles to play them. We had a SNES,PS1, PSP, GBC, 3ds. He always took care of us and wanted nothing but the best for us but I know it hurts knowing your daughter got pregnant at 19 and your oldest son has two different kids with different mom's. While your third oldest (((me))) is good enough but hasn't had kids yet. I'm in line for a second promotion at my job and I'm only 20!. I still play video games and want to make him proud
>>
File: 1501189284592.png (624KB, 714x802px) Image search: [Google]
1501189284592.png
624KB, 714x802px
>>388778406
>referring to your own mother as a nigger

>meanwhile wondering why us white class lumps you into a shitpile
>>
File: 1438058937880.jpg (476KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1438058937880.jpg
476KB, 800x800px
>dad gets me metroid prime on the way back from work one day
>this has never happened before
>he dies a month later
>>
>>388779051
My mother like super Mario tho. I plan on calling off work on the 29 and act like I'm going to work but really I'm going to stand in line at GameStop to buy another minisnes for her and hold it for Christmas. Hopefully I'll buy another one for myself And yes both are going to be played
>>
>>388714376
i played through myst, riven, and grim fandango with my mom. good times.
>>
My mother was never super into video games, but she did love Harvest Moon; she played the ever-loving shit out of A Wonderful Life, but never beat it because she figured out the seed machine trick and got bored of rolling in cash
>>
>>388714376
Watching my dad play Doom was cool
>>
>>388714376
I have a few memories of my dad playing game like Tetris Worlds and God of war but the biggest one is when my dad told me that how Paper Mario saved Christmas when I was young
>>
>>388714376
My dad was into arcade racing games, which reminds me of a funny story.

>be 12
>at arcade that was on the pier in LA
>they had a Daytona USA setup
>dad decides to buy $10 of tokens to play some races with me
>pretty decent at the game, since we had it for Sega Saturn with the steering wheel
>I managed to come 3rd, whilst my dad came 1st
>We were happy to have finally come across an actual cab of the game, since we lived in an area where there weren't many arcades with new games
>some guy, pretty beefy looking was watching us play
>"You're good, but you're not as good as me"
>challenges my dad to a race
>ohshit.jpg
>both going manual, chooses the hard course
>beefy guy is tailing my dad from behind for most of the race, can't find a good time to over take
>on the final lap, beefy guy manages to over take
>"HA HA I'M THE DAYTONA USA MASTER BAYBEE"
>he was too distracted and ended up smacking into the side
>my dad and 3 other AI over took him
>"SHIT"
>dad smirked
>dad places first
>beefy guy came 4th
>"Y-You just got lucky..."
>dad looks at me, then looks back at beefy guy
>"Can't be luck if I'm a professional driver"
>>
Have bipolar memories when it comes to my dad and gaming. My mom was never into games but never minded that I played them.

Part 1
My dad got us an Atari or Colecovision with 10 games for $20 at a garage sale. He never played any of them but that was my first console.

Get a Nintendo for Christmas and he actually played Duck Hunt with me and my brother when he wasn't in the military field. He was hilariously bad at Super Mario Bros.

Later when I'm in junior high he gets a cheap PC and he spends most of his time playing Wolfenstein and Test Drive and we all get into it. Pretty fun all of us taking turns during Test Drive.

During high school my dad got a huge settlement and bought me a Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure shortly after launch. He didn't know about memory cards at the time so I played Sonic as long as I could until I passed out. Turned off console in fear of overheating it. My brother buys me a VMU two days later.
>>
>>388780573
Part 2
One year later I'm in school and working and the little bit of spare time I get I try to game. Suddenly video games are a waste of time to my dad. He wants me to save ALL of my money and not buy anything. I get yelled at for every purchase and guilt tripped for any fault I have. My mom is getting sicker by the year and his behavior is getting scary.

In 2003 I had to move back home after going to a technical college where I was guaranteed a job and couldn't get one and I couldn't afford to live where I was. Mom is still sick but slowly getting better. I start working at a new job and doing double shifts. My dad seems a little calmer and happier but he lost his shit when I bought myself a PS2. He made me feel so bad I almost returned it.

Later that Christmas my mom and dad get me Final Fantasy X-2 and everything seems good. The next day my dad tells me and my brother that he is divorcing my sick crippled mother and he is still going to live in the same house and see his mistress.
Two months later he decides he is not going to live there and sell the house right under my mom and leave her with nothing.
>>
>>388717769
im sorry man
>>
>>388780501
>my dad and 3 other AI over took him
Anon is robot?
>>
>>388714376
as that meme, the n64: couldn't help the biggest grin
then ps2, felt as good as a river of chocolate
>>
When my family finally realized I was always going to be a lonely shut-in so they decided to stop trying to make me go outside instead of playing vidya
>>
>>388780651
Part 3
Mom gets a worthless lawyer and we lose the case. I'm working full time and taking care of my mom around the clock to help her get around the house and make sure she gets her medicine. Cooking and cleaning the usual.
Play small bits of Sonic Adventure on Gamecube while becoming an insomniac.

My mom stops eating and drinking and starts self harming herself and overdosing on pain pills even though the medicine is locked up with a security code. After hospice can't help they send her to a nursing home. My dad pulls the house out from under us right after and I move in with some friends.
My mom's behavior gets worse and she gets put into a mental hospital until she becomes lifeless shell in a vegetative state.

After my brother and I take her off life support I sink into a giant depression and become immersed in Dragon Quest VIII.
>>
3 player Mario Kart 64 with my dad and brother on Christmas morning. I thought dad was shit at games but he was letting us win, he got a 360 to play Forza and fucking sharked me every time.
>>
>>388716446
>Everytime i think about this i get teary eyed
If this gets I pasta so will I.
>>
>>388781236
Part 4
A week after my mom dies my dad shows up to my apartment with my new step mom and gives me a brand new PS2. I'm so angry I don't know what to say and he leaves without either of us barely saying a word. My girlfriend and I sell the PS2 and have a nice dinner.

I don't talk to my dad for 7 years after that and have serious bouts of depression. After 7 years I for some stupid reason try to forget everything and we reconcile uncomfortably and now he is a big gamer. After retirement he buys all the 7th generation consoles and is obsessed with FPS games. Gaming is all good and a fun hobby.

This year he has sworn off 8th generation consoles says games are a waste of time and I'm wasting my life. Wonderful.
Sorry the posts were so long.
>>
>>388715328
How old are you?
>>
>>388781543
I sorry your dads like that anon. i wish you better
>>
>>388714376
>1995
>be 4 yo
>one of my dad's friend lend him a floppy disk with doom and wolfenstein 3D
>my dad lets me play it
>so cool
>until today i think the dead guys in wolfstein 3D look like formula 1 cars

>2 years later
>we install the warcraft 1
>launch the game and i think i've to pick only one unit to play the game
>kill all other friendly units
>trying to comprehend the game
>few days pass and i always die from some guys that come from the lava at north of the map
>give up playing the game

>2 years later
>start playing AoE
>at a mall see a game magazine with AoE2 demo on it
>ask my dad to buy it
>buys it but AoE 2 requires 128 MB of RAM
>our computer only had 64 MB of RAM
>dont install it thinking that it would break the computer due to the game requirements ;-;
>>
>>388714376
nothing

they never approved of it
>>
>>388781831
>until today i think the dead guys in wolfstein 3D look like formula 1 cars
Are you me?
>>
>>388714376
My dad and I lived through co-op storylines of Bungie Halo, Gears trilogy, and Perfect Dark.
My dad loves shooters and all that bro shit. Good times.
>>
File: cfbrevenuemap.0.0[1].jpg (454KB, 1513x983px) Image search: [Google]
cfbrevenuemap.0.0[1].jpg
454KB, 1513x983px
>>388722996
>not watching 20 year olds instead
>>
>back in 1997 me, my dad, uncles and cousins joined together at weekends to play Mortal Kombat on SNES
>>
I didn't really play videogames with my parents, but I remember after getting Mario 64, my mom printed out a walkthrough of the game and put it in a binder.

Didn't ask her to, but that's something I've always remembered.
>>
>>388781802
Thanks
>>
File: 1409860022936.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1409860022936.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>be 5
>dad and I used to love playing hydro thunder at dave n busters
>easily spend $10 on it each every time we go despite the fact that we both suck hard
>have n64 at home from my sister who was 18 and now found marijuana to be a better use of her time
>dad buys hydro thunder and an extra controller for n64
>i play the fuck out of the first 4 levels over and over again
>learn i cant play all the levels
>dad and mom are having financial troubles lately, dad cant play as much and gets so stressed he cant even stay awake after he gets home at 6
>barely a home cooked meal for about a week
>i start getting sad because its easy to tell my parents are sad
>trying to beat medium levels to unlock more
>not good enough to reach 2nd place in far far east
>cant beat it for like a week
>get a little frustrated and stop playing for a few days
>try again after ive cooled down later that week
>still get my shit stomped in
>complain about it for a bit and go to bed, dad notices
>wake up next morning to go play sm64 before school
>dad is asleep on the couch with the tv on and his n64 controller next to him
>hard levels are unlocked
>my shitter of a 46 year old father who barely ever played a video game in his life seemingly stayed up late to help me unlock the hard levels
>mfw
>>
>>388761434
>being this happy and well adjusted

Get the fuck off /v/ while you still can. Press alt+F4 and forget this place now.
>>
File: 1498427666584.jpg (30KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498427666584.jpg
30KB, 500x500px
My dads polish, I was playing red orchestra 2 once and he asked me what I was doing
Told him I was playing a German killing Russians in a ww2 game. He smiled and said good job.
My mom used to walk into my room and say "that guy looks like x" a lot for some reason also
My sister called me gay when I played video game and forced me to play cod waw zombies with her when she felt like it
Thread posts: 502
Thread images: 114

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.