[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you justify pirating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 516
Thread images: 80

File: images (21).jpg (11KB, 275x295px) Image search: [Google]
images (21).jpg
11KB, 275x295px
It's unfair to the people who worked on it and people who paid.
>>
>>388707859
game devs are greedy jews that don't make good games.
>>
>>388707859
I don't, I pirate and don't give a fuck. Keep crying.
>>
>>388707859
Piracy only exists on PC. so dont sweat it

also if you can get a $60 object for free...why wouldnt you?

that would be pure cuckoldery
>>
File: 1463548579465.png (782KB, 924x790px) Image search: [Google]
1463548579465.png
782KB, 924x790px
I'm a communist.
>>
>>388707859
I can't afford to buy every game. I pirate single player games and buy one's that need online.
>>
Make a quality game that's a decent price and you have far less piracy problems.
>>
File: strangely-attractive-man.png (76KB, 351x292px) Image search: [Google]
strangely-attractive-man.png
76KB, 351x292px
Deal with it
>>
>>388707859
It's fine if you pirate shitty games that are overpriced, like PoE
>>
you dont, I pirate because I can and because I want, deal with it faggot
>>
is there a torrent for sonic mania yet
>>
>>388707859

It's the reality of the medium.
The market is telling people that selling digital copies of games that are perfectly capable of being reproduced with the click of a mouse is not a good idea.

It's like trying to make money selling water when it simply falls from the sky.
They need to find a creative spin on the sale; or get the government to come in and force us to pay them, which is an uphill struggle as we've seen.
>>
>>388707859
It's only unfair on the publisher unless you're pirating indies so I don't care.
>>
its also unfair to keep most of the wealth in a few selected countries and let everyone else starve to death but we do it anyway so
>>
>>388707859
Here's how to pirate correctly in just 3 easy steps.
>1. See a new game you're not sure about.
>2. When it releases, pirate it to see weather its good or not
>3. If it's good, you go and actually buy the game. If it's bad, you just uninstall it since it's not worth your time or money.
>>
>>388707859
Because I only do so in place of 'demos' which are no longer done. So I will usually pirate a game to see how it runs and if i'm happy with performance and how it plays i'll usually buy it afterwards. Them not offering demos anymore and having shit under 'early access' and or betas has kind of ruined the industry. I used to like being able to play a simplified demo and if I enjoyed it, buy the main game.
>>
>>388707859
Justification is for losers. Deal with it
>>
>>388707986
Communism has nothing to do with it.

see >>388708150

>>388708035 this neglects the issue at hand.
>>
>>388708169
It's not unfair to anyone. It's life.
>>388708150

>>388708224
Agreed. So in short: game devs can currently only make money off the private donations of pleased customers.
>>
File: 1503218114695.jpg (20KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503218114695.jpg
20KB, 500x500px
>>388707942
>>
>>388708219
We actually don't. Sweatshops are opportunities, anon. They need that 25 cents a day. Before the shop came to town they were digging in the mud for radioactive scraps.

Remember, first world nations were also once poor as shit and used child labor. It's part of the process.
>>
File: 1450626110562.png (35KB, 244x295px) Image search: [Google]
1450626110562.png
35KB, 244x295px
>>388707859
Cool spooky opinions nerd
>>
>>388708465
If you had a mango tree in your backyard providing you with fat juicy mangoes why would you go out and pay for mangoes (unless you specifically had an agenda to support the vendor?)

This isn't bait, it's reality. People donate to what they feel are worthy causes all the time.
>>
File: 1471954460018.jpg (23KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1471954460018.jpg
23KB, 258x245px
>save myself hundreds of Great British Pounds each year
>still get to play all the games anyway
Paying for single-player games is pointless.
>>
>>388707859
I have spent a lot of money on games in my life, most of them were purchased after I pirated it.

I blame lack of demos/benchmarks
>>
I don't justify it, I just do it. Stop me.
>>
>>388707859
>Portal as free to download
>now cost $10
>pirate it
>>
>>388708471
>first world nations were also once poor as shit and used child labor
>implying they're not heading right back in that direction now communism has been defeated and the capitalist class doesn't have to bribe its own people to avoid the spread of soviet influence
things will only keep getting worse
>>
I don't pirate games.

However if I did, I wouldn't feel bad. If MS can afford to pay those wankers AceyBongos & MajorNelson etc, a wage to literally just be annoying fucksticks then there is still plenty of cash in the VG industry.
>>
> no DRM so pirated product is actually the superior service

Also, until we get proper rights of first sale on digital media publishers have no defense in my eyes. Europe already ruled on it but won't enforce it.
>>
>Food analogy that doesn't work
Every fucking time.
Your PC doesn't make you great games which is what you're implying with your shitty mango tree analogy.
>>
File: 1503218264360.jpg (60KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1503218264360.jpg
60KB, 625x626px
>>388708583
>>
>>388707859
What do I care about people I don't know
>>
File: ohyou.png (205KB, 363x518px) Image search: [Google]
ohyou.png
205KB, 363x518px
>>388707859
Because I can. I mean, eh, it's legal
>>
>>388708676
>capitalist class
What are you talking about? The owner of a shop is as capitalist as the worker exchanging his labor for cash.
>bribe its own people
What bribes are you talking about? You mean when a little girl selling lemonade gets her fifty cents or when a CEO's decisions keep a company alive and profitable for thousands of workers?

>communism is dead
Apparently not, my friend. You're still here posting!
>>
>giving any money to ubisoft, benefitting that racist altleft with the "white male tears" mug

Hahah fuck em.
>>
File: aaa.png (2MB, 1029x913px) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
2MB, 1029x913px
>>388707859
It's unfair to the people who who bought the game full price as well seeing how shafted they get with DLC and Microtransacitons, always online DRM and shit on top of a barely working game that was shipped out a year to early.
>>
>>388708471
the current big nations are the way they are because of slavery, cultural exploitation and other things that would be illicit today

guess who they were exploiting and enslaving
>>
>>388707859
I dont give a fuck. If i want to pirate i do it
>>
>>388707942
>Piracy only exists on PC
Hahahahahaha
>>
>>388708743
>black and gold

My kinda fish
>>
>>388708150
But the water selling industry is booming. Either through bottled water or plumbing. Hell, some places are even regulating how much rainwater you are allowed to collect.
>>
Because video games aren't actually worth anything.
>>
>>388708942
All countries pretty much used or still use slavery to some extent.
Why is it that only some of them managed to become global superpowers?
>>
I'm poor as fuck.
>>
>>388709007
they're a multi-billion dollar industry.
>>
In an ideal world it would be available everywhere to be paid. But I am not gonna shell out for the Sims bustin out on eBay when the Devs will get fuck all. If the Devs can't get paid by the only ways I can get it, Ill pirate
>>
>>388707859
I like free stuff.
>>
File: 134234234560.gif (126KB, 473x235px) Image search: [Google]
134234234560.gif
126KB, 473x235px
>Get something for free with ZERO consequences
>Pay for it

Hmm. Really gets the juices flowing.
>>
>>388708993
That's right. Water companies found an edge.

That "creative spin" consists of all kinds of fancy wording about "minerals" and "purity" and having a nice cheap bottle to carry around.

Places that regulate rainwater collection went the other route: government.

One of them is playing the game right, and the other is "cheating".
>>
File: 1503476890866.png (1MB, 1280x1248px) Image search: [Google]
1503476890866.png
1MB, 1280x1248px
>it's unfair

Life's unfair homie
>>
>>388707859

Lets be real, unless the games just aren't available to you or are just extremely expensive to purchase, there is no justification.

Saying you want to try before you buy is kinda a grey area, but most of the people that say that will play and beat the game and never pay for it.

Saying you don't want to support a developer is also bullshit, if you don't want to support them, don't play their game. The number of people that pirate a game gives them a bit of pride and the ability to bitch about low sales.

If your a poorfag, there are thousands of free games for you to be playing, most are shit, some are good.

If you are pirating, just don't give a fuck, there is no justification, its free.
>>
>>388707859
Games are priced with first-world salaries in mind. A third-worlder like me (living in a country where the average wage is 8-10 times lower than the american one) can't really afford them. If I wasn't pirating games, I wouldn't play them at all, meaning the publishes doesn't actually lose a potential customer (I never was one to begin with). So they lose nothing ad gain one more degenerate shilling their game on /v/ to people who might actually buy the game. It's beneficial for them.
>>
You can't justify piracy so I don't try.

Free shit, ho.
>>
>>388708930
Nobody forces them to buy games.
>>
>>388707859
There's literally zero things wrong with pirating stuff that's old and obscure to the point where no one makes money off of it any more either. Not that I really care.
>>
>>388709007
>>388709056

It's been propped up by copyright laws. Digital copies aren't worth anything.

Well, the original ideas are, as long as you can keep them in a vault somewhere - hence all those high-tech anti-piracy measures. I forget the abbreviation but it's the same reason bitcoin is worth anything.
>>
cos its fucking cheaper than buying games ya dumb cunt
>>
commerce is not subject to morality

but it is true that media owners are extremely selfish, arrogant people who must certainly be deprived of resources or success whenever possible

distributors (and risk assessors) make the lions share of the profits from all media, in a world where the internet was invented decades ago. distributors are obsolete, and unfortunately not enough people know that yet
>>
>>388708930
>It's unfair to the people who who bought the game full price

Is growing a mango tree for the purpose of harvesting "free mangoes" (you do have to invest a fair amount of time and money growing the things) unfair to people who don't know how to grow mango trees?
>>
I have no obligation to justify anything I do, to anyone.

As long as I don't get caught, that is; worst case I am innocent until proven guilty so I always have a buffer.

In the case of downloading books, movies, games, etc. I use a VPN over a Wi-Fi connection.

TL; DR I am Jewing the Jews.
>>
>>388707859
And then you remember companies use loopholes to not pay taxes, and use semi-illegal employment contracts to avoid paying their staff. Why should't I cheat too? Why shouldn't everyone?
>>
>>388709289
this
>>
>>388709473
>comparing making mangoes to making games
Average person can't code let alone make full fledged games. Which is why we pay for them.
>>
>>388708930
>DLC and Microtransacitons, always online DRM and shit on top of a barely working game that was shipped out a year to early.

This is actually perfect evidence to the flexibility of the market.
Producers and consumers are both starting to realize that selling easily accessed copies of a computer program is a "scam".

So now the human machine is fast at work trying to find a new angle. It's cute if you think about it. Like ants trying to find an efficient route downhill with their nuts and shit. They're going to fuck up (indeed they already are, as we can see) on the way, but with all the bright people constantly at work, and a whole lot of trial and error, a solution is bound to be picked up.
>>
File: 1477092813722.gif (1MB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
1477092813722.gif
1MB, 500x599px
>>388709606
Pretty much. Like this anon said >>388709234
Life is unfair so we shall unfair those devs how they unfairly avoid taxes. Does that make things fair?
>>
>>388707859
why the fuck would i need justification yo
it's bad, everyone knows that, that's a fact.
HOWEVER
i get free shit so cry more moralfag lmaooooooo
>>
Game companies don't care about being fair when it comes to ensuring quality in their games or selling them on fair terms. You literally don't own any of your games and the EULA says they can fuck you in the ass and do as they please and there's nothing you can do about it.

Why the fuck should consumers care about fairness when you treat them like dogshit and call them entitled for pointing it out?
>>
>>388707859
Life IS unfair. Now fuck off.
>>
>>388708113
It has Denuvo. It will probably be a few days. If it didn't have Denuvo I would totally encourage you to just buy it, it is an amazing game. But I wouldn't have have paid for it had I known they were going to pull the scummy shit they did so I can hardly make that recommendation to you.
>>
>>388709346
In other words piracy is justified and not a real issue.
>>
File: 20170830_172754.png (295KB, 1536x1282px) Image search: [Google]
20170830_172754.png
295KB, 1536x1282px
>>388709056
>>
There is no justification. If you pirate and proud of it, you're a bad person. If you pirate and try to justify it, you're retarded.
>>
>>388709289
>Saying you don't want to support a developer is also bullshit, if you don't want to support them, don't play their game.
Or I can play their game and not give a fuck about some fatass retard on a chan board crying how piracy isn't justified. They don't need actual pirates to bitch about low sales, even with games that are unpiratable they always find a scapegoat and a way to deflect the blame from shitty games.
>>
File: 1501999646798.png (317KB, 616x490px) Image search: [Google]
1501999646798.png
317KB, 616x490px
>>388708370
Sure, my bad, I didn't know I was obligated to purchase every single title on the market.
>>
>>388707859
I pirate GoT because I don't have HBO, and I refuse to pay for the show given what it's become, I just wanna see how the trainwreck ends after keeping up with it so long.

I pirate anime cause I live in Europe, and most of Crunchyroll's stuff isn't available in my region due to licencing issues (this one I do feel guilty about).

I pirate Nintendo, because the company has become incredibly greedy, and their new stuff really isn't very good anymore I supported them decades, and feel they've screwed me over multiple times with their blue ocean stuff, as well as how they've treated us in regards to mods, and YT, etc... as well as how their consoles all now have gimmicks and their games never drop in price. The irony is that lately, I don't even pirate their new stuff, due to how bland and uninspired all of it has become. Last one I pirated was BotW, and prior to Pokemon Sun, and I was largely unimpressed by both. I still pirate their old stuff though, but it's out of principle mainly, due to how they've treated us as a fanbase.

The only one I legit feel bad for pirating is anime, and I do hope to correct that one, as I do wanna see that industry continue to grow. Nintendo and HBO can go fuck themselves though.

Films and music, I have Netflix and Spotify, though there are the occasional foreign films I'll pirate due to not having access to them.
>>
>>388707859
Most of the time I don't. I just do it. The only time I "justify" it is one of the rare cases where I think the game's a worthy product, but the developers(or one specific lead) is a complete ass sucker who doesn't deserve a dime for his shit.

The rest of the time, it's morally wrong. I know it, I make a conscious choice to do it anyway, the same way I could simply stick to making a clear explaination of my mindset, but am instead going to politely inform you that your mother sucks almost as many cocks as you do, but she works on much fatter ones and that speech impediment of hers is because her jaw is dislocated. From sucking dicks. Just like you.

So. You know.
>>
>>388707859
Prices and (((DLC)))
>>
>>388707859
I buy the game later when it's on sale. Sure I don't care for pirating myself, but sometimes I want to try a game to see if it's good and worth my money.

Case in point with Mafia 3
It's a breddy gud game.
>>
>>388709234

I agree but as a good looking, white, straight, male in America I already have quite a leg up over the competition in nearly every category.

Jobs, education, mates, trust, etc.

feelsgoodman
>>
List games that are actually WORTH buying.
>>
>>388709654
Well, what does it matter if they can't?
You could also say the average joe can't into farming mango.
You could ALSO note that not everyone can afford a nice computer or figure out torrenting for themselves.

Yet the issue still stands - why get into the business of selling copies of a program that anyone who understands the tech can get at without trouble? If your game doesn't have some kind of encryption, it's really up for grabs.

There's no reason to pay for fruit when it's growing freely across the street. Unless YOUR fruit is higher quality, or you're going around burning down all the other fruit...
>>
I have 2 reasons
1. Lack of money
2. Game has paid dlc

I wanted to buy Fallout 4 but it has near sims dlc levels so fuck you Todd
>>
>>388709946
If you complain on 4chan about how other people aquire their media, you're a bad person and a retard. Piracy is justified by self-interest, the same justification companies have to act in self interst and not give a fuck about consumers.
>>
I'm selfish. Although I just downloaded Nier: Automata and it's such an abysmal port that it deserves to be pirated.
>>
modern video game companies are completely anti-consumer to the point of nausea.

old video game companies were all bought out and killed by the modern ones so no qualms about pirating their stuff.
>>
File: 1367589939611.jpg (628KB, 2808x3208px) Image search: [Google]
1367589939611.jpg
628KB, 2808x3208px
Jesus christ, is it 2004 again? Who the hell cares about piracy? Who the fuck gives a shit how a person who plays vidja games get their games?

What weirdo insufferable asshole even the fuck cares if someone is as committed to their weird area of pop-culture as they are?

Cause face it under-20 jerks, take it from someone who has been around the block: vidja games may have been a hardcore niche thing in the past, but they're just popular culture now, like comic books, anime, and sci-fi/fantasy.

You won. The geeks won. Nerdy cool things are now just cool things.

So now that your particular taste in corporate entrainment products doesn't set you apart, you try to divide yourself by besmirching piracy because of your false self-felating delusion of supporting the industry.

Just relax dude. No one really cares. Enjoy your entertainment software produced by giant multimedia studios. It's all fine
>>
>>388707859

I don't, but sometimes I buy later, which usually depends on my mood and whether or not I thoroughly enjoyed the game.
>>
>>388707859
I am in third world country so if i buy 2 games at the full price i would be fucking starve to death
>>
>>388710224
>What weirdo insufferable asshole even the fuck cares
The CEO of Ubisoft,he even bitched about it on stage E3 2017
>>
>>388710197
This. What's even worse is that modern /v/ actively supports and defends these practices. This board is embarrassing even by 4chan standards.
>>
Every major western game nowadays is Judeo-Leftist propaganda, so if I ever want to play one I just pirate it. Gas the kikes.
>>
>>388710036
still small dicked and your wife will eventually fuck every immigrant in your village
>>
>>388709963
>I didn't know I was obligated to purchase every single title on the market.

I don't think you are. I don't think you're obligated to purchase anything that's falling from the sky unhindered - particularly if you want it.

What's your reasoning?
>>
>>388710161
I'm not complaining tho.
>>
>>388707859

Because I wouldn't pay for the game anyway without a demo that's 100% accurate to the game. FEAR 2 and Colonial Marines blocked any chance of day 1 purchase unless I am specifically attracted to the concept of the game.
>>
>>388707859
Games aren't being sold where I live, and Steam uses the upper expensive prices. If I had Russian tier prices, I'd buy all of my games, but Steam can fuck off with their 60 yuros prices.
>>
>>388710036
White is mostly a disadvantage these days, at least as far as secondary education and employment.
But if you good looking and tall, it literally doesn't matter, you could be purple.
>>
>>388710301
Really? What did he say?
>>
>He thinks piracy is ruining gaming even though it's literally impossible on the current two dominant platforms
>No mention of preordering shit games, sequelitis and buying into microtransactions and cut content as DLC
>He thinks individual game developers are some how paid on some kind of commission basis and actually see any of the money the publishers make on the game
>He thinks pajeets, cyka blyats and poorfag students would actually buy the game if it was impossible to pirate
>He thinks there something can be "objectively morally wrong"

I haven't pirated any video games since I became a working adult because I believe there are few particularly justifiable reasons to do so when you can afford it. Dumbasses who think that piracy is some kind of righteous statement annoy me. But god you moral fags are far more insufferable and completely blow it out of proportion. Go back to buying games on G2A and patting yourself on the back because you've deluded yourself into thinking that somehow you're doing a good thing for society because money has changed hands.
>>
>>388710359
>people who pirate are bad people
>I'm not complaing
>>
i used to pirate games as a teenager, pirated skyrim when it came out.

Bought it later when i got a job.

Since i got a job, ive found no reason to pirate.
The only reason you should pirate anything is if you cant afford it, there is no moral highground pirate fags. Just accept the truth.
>>
I'll tell you why piracy is actually a good thing
>I would'nt even know about Ace Attorney, Zero Escape, Kyle Hyde, Trauma Center and Another Code
>If I did'nt knew about them then how the hell could I have been interested in buying Trauma Center and Another code sequel on the wii, Virtue Last Reward and ZTD on the 3DS(what a mistake ZTD was shit), The Last Window back in september 2010

Please tell me since most of these games weren't advertised and I would'nt care about them without piracy

How can people enjoy AAI 2 without piracy since they can't talk japanese ? Or imagine buying metroid. Other M to realise your purchase was shit ?
>>
>>388708930
>>388710021
>>388710127

If you think about it, DLC is the game developer's way of acknowledging piracy upfront.
When developers start asking you to pay for extra shit as a response to piracy, you're a fool NOT to pirate.

This is chess. They've already responded to your move. Why play the game as it was two or three turns ago? If you aren't pirating, you're "lagging".
>>
Fuck, piratebay is gone.
>>
When I was paying for games, I started to get monumental amounts of guilt when I didn't put 500 hours into a $60 game.

When I pirate I'm not spending hours and hours researching the product to see if the price / value ratio is correct. When I don't pay I can let myself get swept away with the hype, counting down the days, and running home to play it on release, instead of waiting for reviews to see if the devs face fucked their fans.
>>
>>388710403
He was presenting a new game called Skull and Bones and said it as a game with pirates in the golden age of piracy while making some facial expressions.
It was very inappropriate if you ask me,if anything piracy is free advertising and company should be worried if people don't even bother to pirate their game which I see more and more happening.
>>
>>388707859
I like free shit.
>>
I paid full price for CK2, then realized I couldn't play as half of the leaders without DLC. Since Paradox jewed me out of half a game it's only fair that I pirate Stellaris: now I have two games but paid for one, which is fair at their pace of doing business.
>>
File: 63592250_p0.jpg (100KB, 640x873px) Image search: [Google]
63592250_p0.jpg
100KB, 640x873px
>>388707859
>It's unfair to the people who worked on it and people who paid.
People who pirate know that. If the game is worth their time to pirate because they want to check it out, they will.
If they have many hours of fun, enjoy the game fully, and still don't pay for it, they're sociopaths. They do exist, but are quite few.

But the argument that pirating means you are instantly unable to buy the game I hear far too often. It's the same stupid reasoning as one pirate = one lost sale.
>>
>>388708113
Yes but there's no crack yet.
>>
File: 1485470260954.jpg (160KB, 687x819px) Image search: [Google]
1485470260954.jpg
160KB, 687x819px
>>388707859
obligatory
>>
>>388710536
You would have heard of all of them through /v/ regardless of piracy.
>>
Everytime I become complacent and start buying my games, I end up getting fucked by the publisher and /v/'s response is
>lol don't like it don't buy it you don't get to complain
>you don't matter! you're just whiny and entitled!
So fuck fairness and fuck the people who paid.
>>
>>388707859
I only pirate games that I'd never buy anyway so it's no loss to them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Though a couple of times a game I've pirated changed my impression once I played it for real and I ended up buying it. Maybe if demos were still a thing that'd happen more often.
>>
File: spoony.jpg (31KB, 720x778px) Image search: [Google]
spoony.jpg
31KB, 720x778px
It's free shit and trouble is nowhere to be seen.
>>
>>388707859
because I get western EU / USA prices here in east EU

once they localize the prices more people will buy, but im afraid at that point even if game were 5$ people would still wait for crack because they are so used to it
>>
>>388707859
It lets the poor play vidya
>>
>>388710757
How about I slap your shit?
>>
>>388710482
>water is wet
>wow stop complaining
>>
>>388710798
/v/ barely ever talked about those games. Well some of them, but later releases didn't get much attention as this board became more and more casualized.
>>
File: 1451769263658.png (460KB, 472x419px) Image search: [Google]
1451769263658.png
460KB, 472x419px
>>388710536
>How can people enjoy AAI 2 without piracy since they can't talk japanese ?
当たり前だ
>>
>>388707859
Same reason why liberals justify illegal immigration.
>>
>>388709946
see
>>388708150

Copies of videogames are literally sitting all around you without so much as a glass case. There's hardly a reason for "justification" or even pride for picking them up and playing with them.

It's like trying to justify/indict someone's scooping up water from a river with a plastic bottle, instead of going to the store and paying for it.

There's no reason to hate.
Video games are a river that starts flowing as soon as the "DRM" is breached. After the copies get out, there's no reason to avoid snatching up a copy - unless you personally want to make a donation to the developer as thanks.
>>
anyone stll using SKIDROW-CODEX torrents? i got the most updated civ 6 from them recently and its an unplayable mess, and it wasnt my rig, i tested out a previous but not updated one by fitgirl and it worked fine

and their comment section is filled with people saying their new games are filled with errors or downright not working at all
>>
>>388710882
>my opinions are facts
>calling people bad for their actions isn't complaining about them

congrats you're a bad person and a retard
>>
>>388710905
>look mum i said liberal again
>>
>>388710936
Their comment section is filled with literal subhumans.
>>
>>388710894
or i can just play the fan translations for free instead of having to memorize an entire different language that's useless for me outside of a few niche pieces of entertainment.
>>
>put potentially computer destroying rootkits in your game code that do not get removed even after uninstalling the game
>hmm why would anybody pirate a video game when the companies that make them put the "security" of their own programs above the end user's computer, punishing people that pay for the game where people who pirate it have nothing to worry about
if the people that worked on it didn't want me to pirate, they'd stop putting shady DRM in their games
>>
>>388707928
spbp
>>
>>388710905
>comparing piracy to illegal immigration
how do you get to be this brain damaged
>>
>>388710936
>search for honey select
>all these large "to do lists" from translations to DLCs

>fitgirl repack
a 2-3 gig version thats already translated

naisu
>>
>>388710326

Wife?

Kek

>>388710402

I'm in a red state and I get scholarships out the ying yang. I have a Spanish middle name so what my GPS and letters of recommendation don't secure, a successful 'Latino' and/or 'homosexual' secures the rest.

God bless America and being a great liar/actor.
>>
File: 1384287171.jpg (80KB, 492x559px) Image search: [Google]
1384287171.jpg
80KB, 492x559px
Do you seriously buy a game you just played through?
Buying a game you won't play so you can be a good boy?
>>
>>388710891
>/v/ barely ever talked about those games
False. Or I spend too much time here. Probably the latter.
>>
>>388710945

The irony is that those "liberals" are upholding a fiscally conservative notion whether they realize it or not.

The confused conservative you're quoting is advocating for textbook stalinism: get government tangled in with the market; let politicians decide what we should and shouldn't pay for.
>>
>>388711117
I did. Once. It was Dark Souls and then GFWL locked me out of playing it a year later.
>>
>>388710936
Civ6 is a shitpile but I have an early codec release and it runs ok.
>>
>>388711240
is it the one with alexander?

i honestly dont care about the most recent one with THICC african QUEEEN but alex and his fucking OP leader bonus sounds super fun.

too bad theres no other reliable torrent group that has civ 6, the other being fitgirl and it seems they dont have any plans on updating
>>
>>388707859

I don't have a fuck to give
>>
>>388711117
Yeah, last time i did it was SuperHot. I played half of it, thought it was good, and bought it at the first sale.
You're not paying to be a good boy, you're paying if you think the developer did a good job and you want him to shit out more quality games
>>
File: Brant Whoreson.jpg (85KB, 752x523px) Image search: [Google]
Brant Whoreson.jpg
85KB, 752x523px
I'm poor, I'm worthless, I'm already a burden on my friends, family, society. The world is a worse place for me being in it. Why would me buying games make it any better beyond some rich cunt getting slightly richer?
>>
>>388707859
its morally wrong regardless on how you look at it but it also drives up sales, good games that get pirated end up being successful in the long run and the devs usually dont care about pirating because they have nothing to worry about/lose and pirates usually buy the game if they like it and want to support the devs plus if the game has a good soundtrack they'll pick that up along with the game. so in the end I say pirating is a necessary evil
>>
>>388707859
curiosity for sub-par to badly reviewed games (DmC, Remember Me, Bionic Commando, etc.)

games from shit publishers/developers (EA, Ubisoft, Konami, etc.)

seldomly, region restrictions
>>
>>388707859
I agree
so don't be stupid and don't pay
>>
>>388707859
Generally the games I pirate are well over a decade old, or I've bought in the past and have either lost, or on another system, not really a justification as such especially on the last one, but I really don't give a fuck and end up buying it later generally for the convenience.
>>
>>388711434
That makes sense. Why not having a donation system then?
>>
is the new kat.cr relatively working now?
the last time i was there, the search function was atrocious and the newest uploaded torrents had super low seed counts.

also, if they finally have the comment section running
>>
>>388708930
Those fucks don't realize they can do it too? I mean if they want to be all moral about it, fine, don't steal, but don't act like you don't have the option either and scream it's not fair, you're doing it to your self, I'm not forcing you to click buy, much like you're not forcing me to torrent shit.

We all play our selves, and you dealt yourself the losing hand not moi.
>>
>>388707923
*publishers

Don't go around thinking it's the developer's fault always. 99% of the time it's publishers who fuck everything up. Developers just want to make the game they envisioned.
>>
File: 2fVyc.jpg (60KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
2fVyc.jpg
60KB, 576x960px
>>388707859
They are wildly overpaid, even with piracy.

If they stopped paying movie stars 50-60 million per movie they would have more money to spread around. It's really fucking hard to say piracy is a problem when they keep doing this.
>>
Piracy allows poor people to enjoy the entertainment too, without piracy they would never be able to see it.

Since Hollywood is almost entirely liberal (even if they pretend to be) they should be in favor of this.
>>
>>388710857
Poor people don't deserve to play what they can't afford.
>>
File: XaP7gqhcTYW2gcG5e3iyvw.png (20KB, 236x165px) Image search: [Google]
XaP7gqhcTYW2gcG5e3iyvw.png
20KB, 236x165px
>>388707859
i pirated hearts of iron 4. i still have no fucking clue how to play this game i just wanna make a facist usa and take over the world with hitler

also heres some other shit i pirated
>>
>>388711863
Poor people also don't deserve free health care right nazi?
>>
>>388707859
There is no need to justify breaking a law made by the oppressors of this world. But seriously, piracy has led to better security, better services, more innovations, and hopefully better games, and marketing. It is a net positive gain.
>>
File: 1497504491554.jpg (8KB, 222x197px) Image search: [Google]
1497504491554.jpg
8KB, 222x197px
>>388707859
Wasn't gonna buy it anyway
>>
>>388711871
just get civ 6, its babby's first grand strat game.

im not using it as an insult, its just that its super simplified and maybe after a bunch of campaigns you can probably get a hang on how the genre works
>>
>>388707859

I've bought at least half the games I've pirated in the last 5 years. If they put more demos I'd probably never pirate.
>>
File: bad_goy.png (67KB, 1567x241px) Image search: [Google]
bad_goy.png
67KB, 1567x241px
post yer pirate den
>>
>>388711971
i pirated that too
>>
>>388707859
Considering how vidya game industries are still successful to this day, I'm pretty sure that there's enough idiots who don't know how to pirate and buy games instead to support gaming industries even with probably tens of thousands of us pirates pirating games.

Besides games are quite expensive anyways. Like I can afford to buy 1-2 of one of those 40-50$ games probably but what if I want to play like 10 of them?
>>
>>388711918
How is he being a Nazi if not letting lechers who use healthcare when they are better people who deserve it? Poor people can get out of their situation if they tried hard enough, but they keep crying how the world isn't fair when they're working at their local McDonalds.
>>
>>388707859
I do not have the resources to buy the game. My option is to either not partake of culture or pirate.
I feel that my right to culture is greater than the devs right to demand compensation for a copy of intellectual property.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 1080x787px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 1080x787px
Who /private tracker autism/ here?
>>
File: 48 - 792e0ct.png (237KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
48 - 792e0ct.png
237KB, 300x300px
>>388707859
>justify
I don't get it. Is this some western meme to have your every action align with you moral compass?
Further more, all markets exist to practically steal as much money as possible from you. From clothing stores to your dentist. So if you want "justification" look at it as you doing the same thing as every one else who didn't fall for the honest work meme.
>>
>>388707859
Because I buy the game when I have the money. I did this with XCOM 2. Pirated it and then bought it when I got paid a week later.

I also pirate things from dead consoles. I'm not going to buy PSP games now.
>>
>>388707859
I justify it by the games being shit anyway.
In the case of good games, I feel a little bad though.
Luckily (?) that only happens about once or twice a year.
>>
>>388712046
You finish your game one by one then you buy new games. How is that hard? You might download them and let it sit in your harddrive for years while downloading even more games that add to your backlog.
>>
File: 1450797781667.jpg (55KB, 525x500px) Image search: [Google]
1450797781667.jpg
55KB, 525x500px
>/v/ continuing to be the only board that gives a fuck about piracy
>>
File: 1491881534614.jpg (10KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1491881534614.jpg
10KB, 320x320px
okay boys, list your top torrent/cracking/repack groups
>>
I pirate stuff that I am unsure of so that I can see if I enjoy it - if I do after the first hour, I buy it. If not I probably won't play it any more anyway.
>>
>>388707859
One time I told /v/ about the time I robbed like 5 games from walmart
It's a true story
>>
>>388712074
/marked/

In all honesty most people are not teenagers and dont have time to suck dick for an invite.
>>
>>388711921
This, if everything went as planned always, no incentive exists to improve anything at all. There are only two states this could be, Utopia, or everyone dead. Without hardship, there is no motivation to make things better. You will just get more of the same.
>>
>>388712119

R.G mechanics
>>
Here's my justification: It benefits ME if I spend less money on luxuries, that way I can spend money on things I need to live or luxuries that can't easily pirate.
>>
>>388707859
>How do you justify pirating?
it's legal in my country...
I really don't give a shit.
>>
File: piracy.jpg (126KB, 1532x264px) Image search: [Google]
piracy.jpg
126KB, 1532x264px
>>
>>388712160
Should've joined before it became full secrit club shit. Now the party's over.
>>
>>388710224
But anon, what is now the cool nerdy thing of today then?
>>
>>388712119
fitgirl
>>
File: 14755456456.png (1MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
14755456456.png
1MB, 1000x563px
>>388711594
I don't remember the artist name, but some musician did something like this.
He just put his new album on bitTorrent, his website had the tracker and a donation button, and he made a shitload of shekels in few hours.
Obviously this can work only if you already have a name, and making a game requires some initial investment, to get that usually you need a company putting in cash for you. And companies love traditional market rules since those are easy to predict, and all you need to make a block buster is marketing.
There was another cool social experiment, nearby where i live. A "restaurant" in the mountains, where the owner refills it every morning, and leaves it open. When someone passes by, he can take anything he wants and leave as much cash as he believes is right. Surprisingly, people tend to leave way more money this way than they would pay normally, except for few cases of someone abusing the system and just stealing, but the owner declared he makes profit out of it.
>>
I don't pirate but neither do I see it as a big deal. It's a drop in the water and games are still hugely successful industries.

I'm sick of publishers using it as a scapegoat for EVERYTHING.
>>
>>388707859
I don't pirate games anymore at all.

Unless a game is good I don't even bother to get it, I have more than enough games to play as it is.
>>
File: piracy1.jpg (682KB, 1080x1900px) Image search: [Google]
piracy1.jpg
682KB, 1080x1900px
>>
>>388712215
>the autism in this frogpost
>>
I dont have cash for all games and I already put stupid amounts of cash into videogames.

Thats good enough for me.
>>
>>388707859

Life isn't fair, and everyone tries to make it as unfair as possible in their favor if they can get away with it.

Not to mention that piracy keeps the industry from getting too awful. Music piracy and movie piracy started to go down when things like Netflix and Itunes became a thing.

When they stop crying about how we're stealing food out of their mouths because they realize they have to business--they're capable of actually doing things to reduce piracy. But it's too much work and may get them less money than constantly dicking the casuals, so they don't wanna.
>>
>>388711921
>>388712168
>piracy has led to better security, better services, more innovations, and hopefully better games, and marketing. It is a net positive gain.
How is it better? We have Denovo, microtransactions, excessive marketing to the point that some games need to sell 5+ million to make even and more AAA garbage.

How is this any better?
>>
>>388712017
I pirated your pirate, howd you feel about that?
dont care really just wanted to shitpost
>>
>>388712295
Everything he said is literally true. I think the autism here is you.
>>
>>388712119
B A L D M A N
A A
L M
D D
M L
A A
N A M D L A B
>>
File: 1454684848164.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1454684848164.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>>388711918
Health care is a huge fucking dead weight on society. I believe everyone should have the same opportunity in life, and there should be a system to prevent easily preventable death, but i can't stand the idea i'll have to work for the next 40 years to pay for some fucking granpa daily dose of youngling blood because the fucker refuses to die till 95 years old. I also can't accept i have to pay for someone poor life choices like a triple heart bypass for a fat fucker that eats a butter stick for breakfast
>>
File: 1482450635698.png (206KB, 430x318px) Image search: [Google]
1482450635698.png
206KB, 430x318px
don't mind me just posting some pirated images
>>
>>388712334
Is it better for people to want information to be free, and customers to own their purchases? No, absolutely not. But it did create new technology, more advanced marketing techniques, created jobs, work opportunities, demands, and grew the video game industry and revenue. Its basically socialism. Bad devs are protected by the welfare state in the form of DRMs and copyright laws.
>>
>>388710508

The only reason you should buy anything is if you can't pirate it. There is no moral high ground, buyfag. Just accept the truth.
>>
you dont justify pirating. its illegal.
however its also extremely easy and almost completely inconsequential so theres no real reason not to.
i always found it strange that piratefags mocked nonpiratefags when they're the only reason they can still do what they do. if everyone pirated then noone would, because nobody would make any fucking money/there would be much stricter laws
>>
>>388712460
>but i can't stand the idea i'll have to work for the next 40 years to pay for some fucking granpa daily dose of youngling blood because the fucker refuses to die till 95 years old
Nigger, what if you're in that situation? I know you're young, but when the time comes you'll regret if it ever happen to you
>>
>>388707859
>implying the average dev gets any sort of pay rise based on sales and that it doesnt all go to mr EA
>>
>>388712334
>Pirates caused Microtransactions
No, greed created microtransactions and faggots who buy microtransactions made sure they stuck around
>>
>>388707859

Technology allows the use of copy and paste
>>
>>388712498
Also online play, fuck the bullshit required to use a pirate server
>>
File: feels yarrgh.jpg (242KB, 840x1112px) Image search: [Google]
feels yarrgh.jpg
242KB, 840x1112px
>>388707859
Dreams have o value.
>>
>>388708583
>your backyard
More like your neighbor's backyard tree that intrudes into your backyard. No, they're not gonna talk shit to you for something so asinine, but it doesn't make it right.
>>
>>388712285
Not that I use steam as a platform for socializing so those rules don't really apply as I don't engage with any multiplayer on steam or use steam as social media.
But do you believe you should be allowed to be an asshole to people? Generally what this says is don't be an asshole. But is it okay to be an asshole to people and expect no repercussions. Because you and me both know Valve isn't ran by a bunch of children, but you act as if their morality is based on such. I wouldn't take it for a multi-billion dollar company mind you the largest distributor of PC games in the world to act like children.

But I digress picking a fight with Steam seems low considering how many other companies in their EULA agreement tell you the same fucking thing.
Is not required to provide notice or statement of account closure at any given time.
It's a loophole that allows them to ban you for nothing. And every company in online gaming and gaming in general does it to save the skin of their ass should anyone be a publicity stunt using their game's name. Since the literal fucking dawn of gaming you have never owned a game only licenses. Even Sony won the fucking case over the PS2 that a dude put linux on it that showed you don't even own the fucking console or parts you buy, just renting them.
If you don't know this or you refuse to acknowledge this some time in your life, it goes to show you have poor education and are literally a fucking dumbass mouthbreather.
>>
>talk about hard work
>games like the sims get content cut off at every new instalment
>you have to buy it again
>most multiplayer games release new instalments for no reason, but in order to be able to play it you need the newest one

yet the same fucks who keep swalowing dlcs and microtransactions say "you're fucking up the industry" to pirates
>>
>>388712334

Video game publishers have always had an excuse to do these things and have been coming up with new ways of dicking us for years. If it wasn't piracy, they'd cite rentals or used games.

Meanwhile, games have been successful just by the developers not being morons and budgeting properly. You know, and making their games not bland, generic, overpriced garbage.
>>
>>388712479
Advanced marketing techniques are there to jew you out. How is that good? New technology is being made but there weren't anything groundbreaking or even good. The vidya industry now is one of the most soulless, abusive industries to work in. How many times have we heard or seen developers getting fired, tired as fuck, isolated and being vilified if the game ever turns out when that's out of their control.

>Its basically socialism
It's not, but that's for another time.
>>
>>388707859
They don't lose anything if i wasn't gonna buy the game anyway
>>
is tpb down?
>>
I don't even bother to pirate games if I dont eel my time is worth it

I either wait for a sale or preorder it if I trust the dev (the last time I did that was witcher 3)

I palyed the trial of mass effect andromeda and decided ot not buy it, so for game that dont have trials, you might think of pirating as a way to try them out
>>
>>388712726
>Meanwhile, games have been successful just by the developers not being morons and budgeting properly
Give me 3 examples of this that isn't some gamemaker games
>>
>>388712621
Actually, everything suggests it did. We are living in a world where piracy did happen, and microtransactions did happen. It is easy to see the relation.
>Pirate because poor, access, etc.
>Lose money, protect losing money
>Hackers get around it
>Find other ways to make money
>>
download AAA games (from companies like Ubisoft)

purchase indie games

win/win

>>388712791
seems so
>>
>>388707859
Pirate Bay won't work for me anymore
over the past two weeks I just get the "This Site Can't Be Reached" message
so I won't pirate anything again
>>
>>388712460
>Health care is a huge fucking dead weight on society. I believe everyone should have the same opportunity in life, and there should be a system to prevent easily preventable death, but i can't stand the idea i'll have to work for the next 40 years to pay for some fucking granpa daily dose of youngling blood because the fucker refuses to die till 95 years old. I also can't accept i have to pay for someone poor life choices like a triple heart bypass for a fat fucker that eats a butter stick for breakfast
only one way to solve this and thats to kill yourself, not saying this ironically or morally. unbiasedly thats the only solution
>>
I never ever torrented a single shit.
You pirates should stop pirating please.
>>
>>388707859
I don't justify it, I know it's illegal. I'm a poorfag student so most of the time I'd just rather use my money for food and rent rather than vidya. I also think most games (escepially AAA games) are overpriced. I buy games from steam sales when the prices are something I can agree with.
>>
>>388712838
Fuck, I haven't pirated in some time and i wanted to try out Divinity Original Sin
>>
>>388712529
It's hard to respond without sounding like an edgelord, but if someone wants to atrificially make their life last longer being attached to a machine 24/7 for several years, i think that this someone should make a retirment plan and provide for himself.
And even if he does, i don't think it's always worth. I've had an uncle that lived in hospital for half a year with severe brain damage, and only one lung. It was awful seeing this man shitting himself while trying to grasp for air and watching you with dead eyes.
I think shit like that is more of a crime against life than letting nature make it's course
>>
>>388707859
life is unfair to me to
>>
>>388712771
It is literally socialism. How is not socialism? It's not capitalism to let bad products live because company A and B said so.
>>
>>388712529
I think his point was that he deserves it if he put himself in that situation
>>
I pirate games sometimes but only buy one that I've finished playing.
>>
>>388712698
>Someone can claim whatever they want and get your account closed. You'll lose a shitload of money and you have no recourse. That's bad.
>But do you believe you should be allowed to be an asshole to people? you have poor education and are literally a fucking dumbass mouthbreather.

you're silly
>>
>>388712816

You want me to cite games that have been successful with non-AAA budgets without having to fuck over consumers? Don't want to ask me to find something a little more challenging, like finding a faggot on /b/?
>>
they already got paid for working,buying is like tipping
>>
>>388712660
Tree branches overhanging your property are considered part of the property. You have every right to pick fruit that hangs from said branches
>>
They don't justify themselves because they're underrage fucking faggots (this board is 90% of -18 anyway) and can't afford them anyway.

It's simple as that. They pirate because they can't afford. Yes, it's that pathetic.
>>
>>388712872
why
>>
File: Pillars-of-the-Earth_Keyart.jpg (103KB, 1000x519px) Image search: [Google]
Pillars-of-the-Earth_Keyart.jpg
103KB, 1000x519px
Tell me your latest game you pirated first, then bought it cuz its good.
Mine is Pillars of the Earth
>>
>>388712928
this
>>388712970
Why pay for something you can get for free?
>>
>>388713017
is this related to the show?
>>
>>388707859
Only a tiny fraction of the money I fork over will actually end up in intended hands. The rest go to greedy kikes. Fuck that.
>>
>paying 60 euro for unfinished games
i don't even bother pirating, because everything is shit
>>
>>388712923
Nice contextualizing, but they aren't going to ban your account because someone doesn't like you.
But keep pretending they will. Keep pretending you matter.
>>
>>388713017

Hollow Knight I bought for someone as a gift after I pirated it.

Tales of Berseria before that.
>>
>>388713034
>Why pay for something you can get for free?

Because i can, kid.
>>
>>388712660
I literally had a mango tree from a neighbours yard hanging over into my yard as a child, we picked mangos from the part that was over our yard and nobody complained because they had no use for them, they couldn't not pick them, if they weren't picked they would simply go unused, even if they were massive dickholes they had no way of enforcing a system of payment for the without makes it difficult or impossible for anyone to get them
>>
>>388712924
Give me examples of actual game studios that didn't go through kickstarter because they needed an actual budget, and I don't want "developers" who live in some 5 bedroom apartment.
>>
>>388712816
Witcher 3, that Ninja theory game with over the shoulder camera, Path of Exile, Euro truck simulator

I bet you coinsider any indie title with a small team to be gamemaker shit, but hell, Subnautica, Minecraft, Super Meat boy, anything devolver digital ever made, factorio, infinifaftory, dwarf fort, prison architect, terraria, mount and blade, risk of rain, gunpoint, legend of grimrock
>>
>>388707859
Piracy means that the developer and publishers have to play fair or I won't buy their games.

I justify it by buying the games I really end up liking. I don't need that justification though.
>>
File: 13216546411.jpg (63KB, 450x768px) Image search: [Google]
13216546411.jpg
63KB, 450x768px
>>388707859
my copy of myst 4 wouldn't install on modern os
>>
>>388713080

You can also drink bleach. Why not do that? It's even free.
>>
the developers have already been paid for making it, once it hits store youre paying the publishers

https://davidmullich.com/2015/08/17/how-do-game-developers-make-money/
>>
>>388713080
Nah, you're retarded
>>
>>388713039
Well actually its based on the books.
>>
>>388713140
bleach is not free my friend.
>>
>>388707859
A video game and every other piece of digital data is nothing but a natural number. All natural numbers were already created by God ~6000 years ago.

It doesn't make sense to pay a human for one of those numbers.
>>
>>388713140
it's not as beneficial
>>
I only pirate retro games. If I bought a cart these days no money is going to the developers, so the whole "support the industry" standpoint is moot point.
>>
File: 1497140569697.jpg (29KB, 350x383px) Image search: [Google]
1497140569697.jpg
29KB, 350x383px
>>388712835
>Thing A happened
>Thing B happened
>Thing A must have caused thing B
>Here I thought of a reasoning that supports this claim
This can't honestly be your argument?
>>
>>388712887
rutracker.org is better than piratebay for games anyways.

you just need to reg and wait for the activation email which takes a while. everything is in cyrillic but you still should be able to find anything
>>
>$60 for bad game
>even then thousands of cucks pay full price for it
>devs keep making mass effect andromeda tier games because sales are doing well enough. whether people enjoy games or not is secondary
>>
>>388713073
I pirated Hollow Knight too.

If they wanted me to buy it they shouldn't have shipped the thing with so many bugs.
>>
>>388709741
You are a stupid normal person.
>>
>>388713080
>why get something for free when you can pay for it

Because i can kid.
>>
File: 1503981840377.png (117KB, 336x258px) Image search: [Google]
1503981840377.png
117KB, 336x258px
>>388707859
people who downloaded a game arent people who could have bought that game
>>
>>388707859
I don't. I don't consider it in need of justification.
Why do you think it needs to be justified?
>>
>>388713017
War For The Overworld, that dungeon keeper 2 knock off
>>
>>388713167

How are they gonna make you pay for it after you drink it?
>>
>>388713190
or the game isn't available to purchase
>>
>>388713156
Nah, you're retarded. And poor.

Why do i buy games ? Because i fucking can. My income allows me to buy them without feeling bad about it. Therefore i enjoy the proper product, without embedded malwares, with patches and updates and with the ability to play in multiplayer, all of that while downloading them at max speed and enjoying them on my platform of choice.

While you browse a torrent website and cry when there isn't enough seeders like the cuck you are.
>>
>>388713017
Warhammer Total War it was.
I bought most of the DLCs too, but I'm not going to preorder W2 just yet.
>>
>>388713093
>>
>>388713098

Also, are you 11 or something? The game industry has only started dicking us this hard in the relatively recent past.
>>
>>388713249
its a pseudo psychological admarketing company, the publishers paid to make threads questioning piracy on 4chan to increase sales

its their job to make these threads
>>
>>388713224
Except nobody asked that question so your shitty rebuttal doesn't mean anything whatsoever, kid. Pulled it out of your ass just like your mom did at your birth.
>>
>>388713365
u mad? kek, because you finally realised how you sound like
>>
I wasn't going to buy the game anyway.
>>
>>388713203

Seriously. I think they fixed most of them, though. Buying the gift gives me an excuse to sit the girl in my lap so I can watch her play though.
>>
File: 1468806472837.png (24KB, 145x103px) Image search: [Google]
1468806472837.png
24KB, 145x103px
How many of you anti-piracy faggots paid for the rights to post copyrighted images on this basket weaving forum?
>>
The retards in this topic trying to justify being pieces of shit is hilarious

Hopefully you'll someday realize how much of a sad individual you all are
>>
>>388713360
actually that would be more efficient to pay lobbyists to legislate DMCA take-downs / gimping the bandwidth on pirate content on a ISP-level
>>
>>388713428
>lol u mad u mad kek kek u mad XDD

Literally 12 years old. Initial theory confirmed.
>>
>>388713195
Thanks anon. may not speak russian moon-runes but this is very much appreciated.
>>
>>388713314

>without embedded malwares
>implying that pirates don't get patches and updates

Well, at least I know that if you probably never pirated shit.
>>
>>388713484
they have enough money to do both
>>
>>388713360
That really has got to be the case. It's too weird otherwise.
/v/ is just about the only board on all of 4chan that questions file sharing. Fuck 4chan has a fucking torrent board. And before file hosts started dying left and right, megaupload included, there was even a ddl scraper.

But of course. /v/ still shits on "piracy". /v/ is just that damn special it seems.
Even if it was just shitposters, you'd assume that they'd get tired after making the exact same threads years on end with no end in sight.
>>
>>388713194
There is no data proving correlation, and statistical analysis cannot prove cause and effect. If it is cause and effect, they would have to correlate, if it's not, they could still correlate. Do you understand this? I am providing a reasonable argument that fits nicely within the paradigm of economics. Cause and effect are models, you can test their correlation, but the best explanation is the simplest one that also fits with the data. This is basic science. The construction of the model is theoretical, in this case, piracy caused a response in the video game industry, and one of those responses were or further caused/inspired microtransactions. Since I know you cannot provide data against this, I am asking you to attack the assumptions of the model you idiot.
>>
>>388707859
Do what you want because a pirate is free.
>>
>>388713457

Hopefully you'll someday learn how to put together a sentence. Thanks for not pirating, though. Someone has to be the gullible idiot that enables my habit.
>>
>>388708113
They used denuvo for a low budget game like that? What the fuck.
>>
File: demi pixie.png (273KB, 960x718px) Image search: [Google]
demi pixie.png
273KB, 960x718px
I only feel bad when I pirate music.
>>
>>388713515
Pirates don't get patches and updates. And they do get embedded malwares. But since you're underrage you wouldn't know about that. Enjoy that backdoor, kid.
>>
>>388713541
your suggested version is exactly waste of money because it doesn't work.
Proof: all the angry replies in this thread.

It's just a shitposter making an easy (You) fishing pool that works every time, cuz it's easy to get a rise out of angry neets on stuff that belongs to them atm.
>>
>>388713314
>not having fancy private trackers

I can do most of the things you said, thanks to private trackers, steamfixes and anti denuvo teams
>>
>>388713562

> am providing a reasonable argument that fits nicely within the paradigm of economics.

You know, as much as I hate with people say this to everything they don't like, please go back to r eddit.
>>
File: 1443144930469s.jpg (7KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1443144930469s.jpg
7KB, 250x250px
>anime: free
>films: free
>games: free
>bills included in rent
>rent paid for because I'm 'a disadvantaged individual'
>internet is cheap and fast enough to torrent modern 100gb games
>no shitty wageslave job to sap my week away
>no shitty wife/gf to drain my money and life-force
>NEETbux keeps rolling in and my account keeps rising
>only pay food/internet and if i feel like treating myself by going out somewhere or getting take-away and staying in
>I could buy video games but why bother when it's so easy to pirate
When will wagies get woke?
Only low iq mouthbreathers are proud to be wasting their time, energy and money on wageslavery and consumer media products.
>>
File: 1502203208653.jpg (28KB, 415x464px) Image search: [Google]
1502203208653.jpg
28KB, 415x464px
>>388713453
You done got had anon..
>>
pirating is a pretty left wing kind of thing to do.
>>
How can you justify illegal immigration?
>>
>>388713612
Music is the most piratable thing tho
Music etiquettes take up 90% of the shekels, while the artist gets paid for live performances and a small % of sales. You can legally listen to any music for free on youtube or spotify, so downloading an mp3 album is almost literally no harm done to anyone
>>
>>388713686
>Waaaah Reddit mommy
Do you deny that microtransactions combat piracy by creating revenue stream which pirates cannot easily undermine? Do you deny that piracy occured before microtransactions became prevalent in the Vidya industry? You must be very underage to immediately backpedal to Reddit.
>>
>>388713638

Yes, they do. Why do you think pirates would be able to get a game for free but not the update? Are you that dumb? Do you honestly think we live in the fucking 90's where people just spread malware in everything for fun?

Chances are, if I typed in "XCOM 2: Rise of the Chosen" within an hour of it being released, I could have found the DLC expansion and been pretty confident that there was no malware in it.

Maybe for some of the more obscure shit shady things still happen, but that's hardly anything these days.
>>
>>388713730
>pirating is a pretty left wing kind of thing to do.
The shills tries a new tactic
>>
File: 1446689106950.png (93KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446689106950.png
93KB, 565x600px
>>388707859
I don't, I'm poor and it's easily available on most platforms.
>>
>>388713638
>Pirates don't get patches and updates
We do
>And they do get embedded malwares
If you're braindead yes
>>
File: 1503861791339.jpg (102KB, 406x551px) Image search: [Google]
1503861791339.jpg
102KB, 406x551px
>>388713723
this.

Spend your money on experiences rather than spending it on products.
>>
>>388713651
naw, on a surface level no, but humans are a very fickle creature that when they see one guy doing something they jump right in and join that person even if they actually dont know what that person is doing

as you said: you fishing and angry replies

so while you say it doesnt work, a lot of shit in real life shouldnt and couldnt work but they do
real life has a real shitty rng compared to vidya really
>>
>>388713778
But what about indie artists/bands that survive through Bandcamp or similars?
>>
>>388713817
>If you're braindead yes

You mean going to TPB to get the latest epic meme game ? You gonna have malware in it. Guaranteed. Just because you can't see it or spot it doesn't mean it's not present. Enjoy.
>>
>>388713856
then yeah, you should feel bad
>>
>>388713728

Nope. All the bugs in Hollow Knight were fixed. Even helped myself.
>>
>>388707859
>"The team is currently working hard on the upcoming story DLC and there currently are no plans for releasing another patch," said a community manager on the Batman: Arkham Origins forum.

>"Until the end of 2015, we will be offering a full refund on Batman: Arkham Knight PC, regardless of how long you have played the product. You can also return the Season Pass along with the main game (but not separately). For those of you that hold onto the game, we are going to continue to address the issues that we can fix and talk to you about the issues that we cannot fix."

>Assassin’s Creed: Unity is in such a state Ubisoft cancels the Season Pass

>Andromeda
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU

>NuMans sky
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ

> EA has addressed what the boss of the company has described as the "unacceptable" launch of Battlefield 4

>Watch Dogs PC Modders Find Hidden "E3" Settings

>Despite The Skyrim "Mess," Valve Still Supports Paid Game Mods

>Creation Club

>This week, Microsoft has launched the PC version of Gears of War Ultimate Edition, but the characteristics of the two titles couldn’t be more different. The new Gears of War is catastrophically broken on Radeon cards.
>>
i pirate to see how it runs and if its actually any good, if both meet my criteria then I buy it, barring anything rare, old or hard to find. if it runs bad then in the bin, if its decent but not enough to pay the going rate for, i'll play it till its affordable. Simples.
>>
>>388713880
>Just because you can't see it
not him but that's exactly why you are a braindead person - you can't detect a malware, when it's easy af.
>>
File: tf5658.jpg (68KB, 614x612px) Image search: [Google]
tf5658.jpg
68KB, 614x612px
>>388707859
Better, why is it considered ilegal?
>>
>>388707859
I can't afford to buy new games all the time. I probably wouldn't buy a specific game unless it's from a reputable developer anyway, so me pirating that game is techniclly a victimless crime since the developers would't get my money anyway
>>
>>388707859
>open up a cinema
>get the rights to show recent films, along with classics
>opening day, see people coming in to watch a film
>realise they're all niggers and poor people
>they don't pay for tickets and barge through staff to watch a film
>when asked why they aren't paying
>"DURR HURR BECAUSE ALL MEDIA SHOULD BE FREE DURRRRR"
>>
>>388713935
Re-read my post again you dummy.
>>
>all this desperate justification from stupid pirate kiddies who think they are leet for downloading utorrent 2.2.1
>instead of just fucking them off like >>388708050 did
>>
>>388713954
And this gives anyone the freedom to pirate anything regardless of its quality, "Some games were shitty, so fuck everyone!"

You're all worse than these devs/publishers
>>
File: 1406529824711.jpg (234KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1406529824711.jpg
234KB, 1024x768px
I'm tired of Early Access and disappointing game dev behavior. I feel nothing when I pirate because I've been taken advantage of in the past and robbed, then Steam doesn't even offer a refund for literal scam games. Blame the shitty industry practices for making people pirate. Risk = no buy.
>>
>>388713880
>You gonna have malware in it. Guaranteed
Boi, i can't wait for you to provide some hot facts to back up your claim.
As long as my experience goes, if an uploader has a good name, and the torrent is popular, there is no fucking way some geek can't find any bit out of order and flag it as malware.
Imagine creating a software capable of bypassing any standard protection on modern systems and put it on a game that will hit 10k downloads
And imagine if it gets downloaded by people like me that do a clean OS install once a month out of boredom
>>
>>388713562
>There is no data proving correlation
So we start off in bad faith as you readily admit you have no reason to believe or argue for what you say other than that it supports your stance on the matter, you then proceed to explain correlation for no reason and follow it with
>but the best explanation is the simplest one that also fits with the data. This is basic science
An application of Occams razor in a non-applicable circumstance, it is not basic science that the simplest explanation is the best one, even the proper wording of Occams Razor states that the simplest argument is merely most often the best one, without evidence it is nothing more than an assumption made and defended because it once again suits your argument, you have given no reason for your beliefs but that you wish to believe them
>Since I know you cannot provide data against this, I am asking you to attack the assumptions of the model you idiot.
You finish your argument by stating that it is not upon you, the claimant, that the burden of proof rests but rather upon me the denier, thus proving yourself conclusively to be a fucking dipshit
>>
The industry should crash and everyone should do their part, even if it's something little like pirating EA games
>>
>>388714012
what a shitty metaphor
>>
>>388707859
How do people justify illegal immigration? It's unfair to people who worked hard and paid a lot of money to come legally.
>>
>>388713795

Correlation is not causation, Anon. If you didn't want to be told to go back to R eddit, you shouldn't act like a retard. You know what else occurred before microtransactions? Pre-owned games. Video game rentals. free online games. The existence of a million things competing with video games for our attention and money. If you're seriously dumb enough to say, "This existed, and this existed, therefore one thing caused the other," you're probably just smart enough to post here but not old enough to.
>>
>>388714087
>defending those practices

Can't expect anything else from a shill
>>
>>388707859
I have bought every single game I have pirated on my life
>>
>>388714021
>I helped fix the bugs

Anon, stop being silly. I get your silly joke.
>>
>>388714253
cuck
>>
>>388714291
I was waiting just for that reply
>>
>>388714328
Good now go to bed
>>
I don't really pirate anything newer than 10 years, and I only pirate older stuff because the autistic retro game community likes to jack up prices by hundreds of dollars.
>>
>>388712835
Extremely weird logic.

Piracy has been a thing for decades, but microtransactions are a relatively recent thing (compared to piracy). Why would microtransactions come so late after piracy? Is it because people were too dumb and didn't think of it until years later? That seems a bit unlikely. The more plausible explanation is that technology and other things got to the point where making small purchases like that is extremely simple and easy.

Would piracy work as a required motivator for implementing microtransactions then? This results on a few assumptions. 1) Piracy causes devs to lose money (note: there is no real evidence behind this) OR devs simply believe that piracy causes them to lose money and 2) To implement new ideas to make money, you need to be losing money. 1) isn't too hard to believe. There are most likely a bunch of devs that believe piracy is costing them money. However, 2) is the problem here. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" isn't everyone's motto. Companies seek new ways to make money money even if they're already printing money, because they know nothing lasts forever and because they know that there's a chance to make even more money. While losing money might motivate them to spend more effort to seek new ways, it's hardly a requirement.
>>
>>388707928
>>388708253
>>388708656
>>388708946
Basically this.
You can't justify piracy
You're pretty pathetic to need to justify it so you can sleep at night.
>>
I generally only pirate new games if they're released full price with no demo to see if they're worth it.

No Man's Sky is the last new game I pirated when it first game out - other exceptions are if the team who made the game get no money (e.g. Silent Hill) or if the game isn't sold anywhere (though someone can still hold the rights to it).
>>
>>388712850
So you are an australian who is unable to do a workaround the restricted websites.
Consider this your way out of /v/ and a start to your new life
>>
Pirates are heroes.
Without pirates we'd have worse games since less people would know if the game is worth paying for or not.
The gaming industry would have a higher marketing budget and there'd be more review shills since consumers wouldn't be able to know better.
Piracy is our curating tool, and it works for the games of the future as well since the devs know they if their game is bad the people will know.

Remember next time when you play a good game to thank your local pirate.

The question should rather start at, how do you justify not pirating? Why haven't you done your duty today?
>>
>>388712872
Same I have never torrented a game, T.v shows on the other hand I have torrented too many of them
>>
>>388714148
It really doesn't work like that. Let me take the god argument for you. A Christian invokes God to explain the universe. It fits with his theoretical model, the Bible. That idea is complex, but you cannot construct correlation. Meanwhile, a scientist says the universe happened because of the big bang. He can provide statistical correlation, and it fits with his theoretical model. The scientist has not proven his model is correct, nor has he denied that god exists. He has merely made the simplest, reasonable explanation, and shown that the universe correlates with this. Now Occhams razor would support the scientist as what we should consider to be the working model. I assume you can follow this. Now, the advantage of the scientist is that he can make predictions, that is, he can simulate the outcome given initial conditions. Quite clearly we are not at the point where we can do this for entire societies, so we have to use the best tools available to us, reason and logic. If you wish to assume that microtransactions arose at random you may do so, it would certainly be simple, but would it fit with the paradigm that people make informed decisions? If it does, you would have to attack the larger model that people will try to act rationally to earn money. If you wish to say, it holds for everything else but piracy, that is your burden to prove. Now I am being nice and telling you that there is no data, meaning you have to attack the assumptions of the model, since you cannot say that data that does not exist would either support it or not. Any such statement would be vacuously true and false.
>>
>>388707859
Just shut the fuck up and steal shit, jesus, what's your problem
>>
>>388714392
You would be right except there is evidence that companies very rarely innovate when faced with problems. They just attack it the same way. It therefore takes a long time of troubles, statistically, for innovations to occur.
>>
"In a closed society where everybody's guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity. "

Dr. Thompson
>>
>>388714787
>steal shit,
I'd never steal.
>>
>>388714717

You're actually retarded.
>>
>>388707859
I wouldn't steal a car.
But if I buy a car (From a dealership, not secondhand from a previous owner), it comes with certain guarantees. I am guaranteed I am buying a complete and fully functional car. I am guaranteed that the airbags and radio have not been removed from the car to be sold to me separately. I am guaranteed that the car will perform exactly as advertised. If the car comes with leather seats, I am guaranteed these are actual leather seats, and that they have not simply been painted to appear that way from the outside. I am guaranteed that the car will be roadworthy for the length of the warranty, that it will not stop working four hours after driving it off the lot. I am guaranteed that I own the car, that the dealership cannot repossess it, change it's parts, or revoke my access to it once it has been paid for in full. I am guaranteed the right to modify the car. I am guaranteed to actually get the car that is advertised and that I believe I am buying, the dealership cannot advertise a humvee and then sell me a mini with a picture of a humvee painted on it. I am guaranteed the car does not come filled with hidden cameras that record me while driving, so that the dealership can sell the footage. And if I was not legally entitled to these guarantees, you can be sure as shit I'd demand the right to try a car out and make sure it performs as advertised if I was considering buying it. And if the wheels fall off in the test drive, I'm sure as shit not going to buy it just because I've driven it around.
Call it a justification if you will, but until the gaming industry conforms to some form of quality assurance and guarantee of my rights as a consumer, I'm going to keep pirating games, because I'm sick of wasting money on unfinished and falsely advertised products.
>>
>>388714906
>People make informed decisions
>Hey if we did this we could make money which we need because we believe we are in trouble
>This is somehow entirely unreasonable
>>
File: 1498153335172.jpg (678KB, 1800x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1498153335172.jpg
678KB, 1800x2048px
>>388710894
>Spending time learning a fucking gook language

Hey Kudos to you for that being actually a challenge but fuck their culture around it
>>
File: 112.gif (4MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
112.gif
4MB, 344x203px
>>388707859
Deal with it moralfags
>>
File: 1455263495053.jpg (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1455263495053.jpg
6KB, 240x240px
>>388707859
I get the game for free
>>
>>388708224
People will meme, but I at least actually do this. Games I pirate and don't like get uninstalled, games I do like get uninstalled and I go buy them.

I know not everyone is like this but this is how I do things.
>>
>>388715182
Thank You for your cervix
>>
>>388714717
You're an idiot
You have obviously familiarised yourself with the knowledge you are trying to employ but you clearly don't understand it
You are intellectually insufficient and nothing you do will change this, your best hope is to find someone smarter than you are and have them explain not how to sound right as you have so obviously focused on but to be right
Or just kill yourself
I advocate for the latter
>>
>>388707859
I mostly only pirate when it's an older game i'm nostalgic for and can't find on the market. or if I know the devs are being little shits and overcharging to a ridiculous degree.
>>
File: hmmm.png (20KB, 996x332px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
20KB, 996x332px
>>388715360
>piracy had no effect on the video game industry t. butthurt anon
>>
Where do i pirate games from?
>>
>>388715831
piratebay hosts more than video games you autist
>>
>>388708942
>guess who they were exploiting and enslaving
Dumb people who, in the same amount of time the current big nations got to the point they could enslave others, were still playing around with sticks and stones.
Third world countries being shitholes has nothing to do with Western exploitation, and everything to do with the natives in those countries being dumbfucks.
>>
>>388716054
wew backpedal all the way back to your first university course anon. One day you will understand the difference between "reasonable" and "proof", and why it is insufficient to build theories out of correlation alone.
>>
>>388707859
I want the game but don't like the dexs/publishers.
>>
File: DZ0sM04.jpg (30KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
DZ0sM04.jpg
30KB, 640x519px
It's a combination of things really

>free (I wouldn't be playing games if they weren't)
>better experience (complete package, no steam shit, etc)
>future-proof (in 20 years I could still play this, good luck with your activation servers)
>>
>>388707942
back in 2007 you could pirate 360 games, put them on a CD and play them on a flashed xbox.

or something like that.

i did it with halo reach, was kinda cool, wasnt worth the effort, so i never did it again.
>>
>>388715831
>More correlation
>Still no causal link
You really are unable to understand this basic premise aren't you
>>
>>388707859
piracy isn't something that needs justification, the very concept of it is saying fuck you

Though the arguments behind IP and copyright shit are very complex issues that span many domains, economic sectors, and industries, and the enforcement of copyright law has arguably both serious negative and positive effects on the american consumer, and has different optimal solutions in almost every political and economic school of thought and it will never be possible to have any kind of discussion about this.
>>
>>388716616
>implying you can prove casual link
someone doesn't understand what science.
>>
>>388715831
This >>388716054 wasn't me, it's just that nobody agrees with you because you're very clearly a retard
>>
buycucks be mad
>>
'Cause it's free.
>>
>>388716748
>waah retard
>>
I don't justify it, I don't need to. I don't care about the devs and having paid versions often worse to use than cracked doesn't help. If its always online I'm never going to pay for it
>>
>>388716729
>I throw a rock
>Physics occur with all associated measurable mathematics processes
>The rock is both demonstrably and provably where I threw it to and it can be shown as to why through definable process
Oh look I just showed a causal link

Or are you going to start trying to are lack of proof of causality as a whole now? There's only so many straws you can grasp at before you start to look desperate
Oh wait, you already do
>>
>>388716985
>The observed data fits the model to the precision of my instruments
>Therefore the model is proven to be true casually
Explain the part where you proved that A caused B please.
>>
File: 1489202780502.gif (2MB, 592x496px) Image search: [Google]
1489202780502.gif
2MB, 592x496px
>>388708930
Ogrest is a good short story, you should try it is free.
>>
>>388707859
You can't justify piracy, but you also can't justify shitty business practices that gaming industry is ridden with today, so it's fair play.
>>
Not trolling, can someone explain the difference between lost sale and lost potential sale? I usually see it thrown around in the threads when some say it can't be a lost sale if they never actually intended to buy the game/go see a particular movie they pirated.
>>
Anyone else feel less obligated to finish a game after they've pirated it?
>>
File: 1502759664228.jpg (119KB, 698x997px) Image search: [Google]
1502759664228.jpg
119KB, 698x997px
>>388707859
Free fucking stuff
>>
File: 1502285107355.jpg (40KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1502285107355.jpg
40KB, 400x300px
>>388707859
You can pirate, rightfully you think taking something for free without consequences is right.
But the next time a nigger plow into your house, rapes you and stole your fancy console and your pc you should think he has the right to take something for free without consequences (for him). Thats how the world roll.
>>
>>388717058
Yup you're gonna try and argue the basis of causality as a whole
You're idiotic and unlikable, just end yourself dude, I'm done arguing with you
>>
>>388710036
>on 4chan
>good looking
>>
>>388707859
I justify it by it being legal where I live
>>
File: 1499279630400.jpg (96KB, 687x819px) Image search: [Google]
1499279630400.jpg
96KB, 687x819px
i don't justify it
i pay for what i pay for
i don't pay for what i don't
>>
>>388717246
Are a BR?
>>
>>388713603
Maybe because PC players refuse to pay for single player games. You made your bed now lay in it
>>
>>388717083
Lost potential sale is the only real one, though you could argue people who use steam refunds are lost sales - so all the people
Lost potential sale means someone who was going to buy it didn't because it was easier to obtain for free
Which doesn't really happen because most habitual pirates pirate everything, and a group of them are some of the biggest buyfags anyways, according to a study done by a anti-piracy supported group, which is surprising to say the least.

A lost potential sale usually only happens on major dev fuckup that people find out about before they buy it, and a lost sale only happens when said fuckup is after they've bought it.

Though to people like EA/the movie industry/the music industry, both are interchangeable terms used to describe the amount of pirates pirating.
>>
>>388717286
*so all the people who do it for early access shit
>>
>>388717265
BR?
>>
File: YFybM5U.jpg (153KB, 358x480px) Image search: [Google]
YFybM5U.jpg
153KB, 358x480px
>>388708930
This this this this.

The video game industry became a fuckin joke.

They became greedy publishers and developers.

Just take a look at Square Enix, Ubisoft, Bethseda, Bamco for starters.

These money hungry jewish bastards make me sick.
>>
>>388717191
No, the basis of casuality is inconsequential to science as a whole because you cannot prove or disprove it. You insisted on using this term, and dug your own fucking grave. You will never ever understand why the higgs boson was believed to exist, even accepted as a reasonable outcome of the model, even though there was literally zero evidence of it existing. You will never understand terms such as "reasonable" and what a scientific model is.
>>
I use to be a major klepto and stole thousands of dollars worth of videogames while I worked at Walmart. I don't have any moral obligation not to steal from the internet, as long as it keeps me from getting in trouble outside.
>>
>>388707859
I pirate almost everything t b h.
>>
>>388709441
This.
>>
File: 1465324419168.jpg (17KB, 390x310px) Image search: [Google]
1465324419168.jpg
17KB, 390x310px
>>388707859
>>
>>388707859
Tbh when I like a game a lot I buy it.
>>
>>388717286
>>388717321
Thanks, I got it now!
>>
>>388711690
/Thread
>>
>>388717446

oh my god, shut up. You're so dumb and you have no idea how science works at all. Go talk to your teacher in the morning.
>>
>>388717632
Next you are going to tell me that mathematics is the language of the universe and not something invented by humans that is very convenient.
>>
>>388717807
Holy fuck you're insufferable, it's a language devised by humans to describe the objective universe
Holy goddamn shit did you just read some textbooks and assume that meant you now knew everything?
>>
>>388717807

Wrong. I'm going to tell you that you're still retarded. Ask again in five minutes.
>>
>>388717931
>Objective universe
Hmmmm...
>>
I justify it because the original copys drm reduces performance. If it has no drm and I truly like it I buy it.
>pirate bf1 for the campaign
>play on silky smooth 120+ fps
>borrow a friends origin acc and dl it again
>60 fps online and 90 fps campaign both with constant drops
This is fucking ridiculous.
>>
its unfair they add tons of padding and grinding to make it way longer than it should be just to justify a $60 price tag while dissrespecting my time
>>
>>388718062
you see, now were at the stage where pc faggots are even shitting on 60fps
>>
File: 1494456521792.jpg (66KB, 526x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494456521792.jpg
66KB, 526x400px
Because I want the vidja gam industry to crash and burn with no survivors
>>
>>388718025
You do understand that as beings who's thoughts are based on axiomatic connection and thus perception there exists the concepts of the Objective and Subjective universe, that which exists and that which we know of
You're trying to define causality like you know what it is and you can't even understand that?
>>
>>388712119
Not today, FBI
>>
>>388707859
Digital goods are both infinite and do not suffer from tragedy of the commons, withholding replication of it is basically running a cartel and highly immoral. Smart people sell their talent now which is not infinite nor replicatable, hence the boom in crowdfunding and patronage.
>>
>>388718298
Oh yes a subjective universe exists. I agree on that. Now tell me about this objective universe of yours, it must be wonderful to know such things with absolute certainty.
>>
File: 1476966574001.jpg (280KB, 1000x650px) Image search: [Google]
1476966574001.jpg
280KB, 1000x650px
I pirate only two things:
- Music, because most of them are already dead and the live ones I go to their live shows;
- And Porn, because it's rape to women and I would never support that.
>>
>>388718562
>Pirate porn in a way that feminists will defend it
I wonder if this actually works
>>
File: 1258972835523.jpg (72KB, 596x448px) Image search: [Google]
1258972835523.jpg
72KB, 596x448px
>>388718503
The existence of a Subjective universe presupposes the existence of an Objective one
If you can't work it out you're not worth humouring
>>
>>388718140
lmao i have a 144hz screen and a pc cable of reaching 120 fps on a game why should I not play with one because the company is stupid to implement the drm? its my decision and I as a customer am disgusted and will never buy a drm protected game.
>>
>>388707859
I pirate. If the game's good, I buy it. If the game's shit, then the developers don't get my money. I'm not hard to please. I more often than not buy games after pirating them, if lengthy demos that didn't lie about the actual game's quality still existed I wouldn't have to fucking do that.

Gotta love games like Doom where the devs are confident they have a good game and release a proper demo.

I'm sick of paying for lazy games and lazy PC ports. Spend $80 on piles of shit often enough and you'd probably feel the same way, OP.
>>
>>388707859
I don´t need to justify anything that´s poorly made, highly inflated and only brings boredom.
>>
I dont put that shit on the net, I just download it. If you stop the "hackers" from uploading single player games on the net then we can talk.

I dont give 2 fucks right now. Its free and I know where to get it free. Only retard would pay
>>
File: 1502113022157.jpg (111KB, 810x810px) Image search: [Google]
1502113022157.jpg
111KB, 810x810px
>>388707859
well then let me enlighten.
It's the definition of "consumer friendly"

Why would you buy something that has
>No demo
>Will crash because of reasons
You want to try the game first ofc.
>much refund.
let's say we aren't playing western bullshit.
The game has long start, you always have to figure all the controls and shit out, because this isn't western game for children you need more than 2 hours to try it out.

Piracy forces people who made the game to make the game really good, it forces them to evoke emotions inside the players, emotions like "these guys deserve my money"

It's like safety net for the consumer.

Also the combat against piracy is only making it worse for the developers, they are telling us even louder that they don't give fuck about the project nor consumer himself.

>implement DRM
>performance down
>you don't own the game anymore.

I am sorry, but IF I buy the game, I want to own the game, I don't want to have it for 1 year, and then have no longer access to it.

So that's that.
>>
>>388718638
And how would you obtain knowledge about this objective universe? Can you separate it any meaningful way from the subjective one?
>>
>buyfags still assblasted about piratesbros
>only on /v/
>>
>>388718818
And vice versa
>only on /v/eddit
>>
File: krum.png (427KB, 413x400px) Image search: [Google]
krum.png
427KB, 413x400px
>>388712002
Balkan pirates are best pirates.
>>
>>388707859
I wouldn't have bought any game in the last 5 years if it weren't for piriting and devs releasing free demos first.
>>
Its stupid to pay for something you can get for free
>>
>>388718773
Yes
Go find out how on your own, I'm not your teacher
>>
>>388712074
>>388712160
>>388712240
>Its invite only so i'm safe!!!

ha
>>
>>388709929
Source?
>>
Life is fucking unfair man

I might be getting evicted because while I was at work my brother went crazy against his girlfriend and damaged multiple doors in the house and got himself put in jail

Who gives a shit if pirating is "unfair". Everything is unfair
>>
>>388707859
Dead going overboard with DLC.
No way I'm paying for all 53 DLC for CK2
>>
>>388707859
I once tried to find the victims of piracy...you know starving actors, homeless singers, developers at the soup kitchen, CEO's under a bridge and I just couldn't find them, so in my book it's all mine for the taking.
>>
>>388719268
Well full autism sites like Underground gamer have gone full paranoid mode and have even fake login pages and shit.
Personally I dont care since they dont even host obscure shit just popular roms.
>>
>>388718685
>I dont give 2 fucks right now. Its free and I know where to get it free. Only retard would pay

Would you use that same logic to rob a grocery store?
>>
>>388719037
kek what do you even work as? Do you even have an education? Intersubjective consensus will never ever be knowledge of objective objects.
>>
This thread always reminds me that the stupid 60$ price tag PC games have is solely because of console games. Fuck off with this thread.
>>
>>388719542
If I could rob a grocery store with a 100% guarantee I wouldn't get caught, damn fucking straight I would
>>
/v/ I'm looking for f1 2017, long shot but anyone help a fella out
>>
Its unfair you think I give a shit
>>
>>388719630
But piracy doesn't provide an absolute 100% guarantee you won't get caught.
>>
File: 1486452270008m.jpg (67KB, 394x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1486452270008m.jpg
67KB, 394x1024px
>>388719542

nice false equivalence. If people could infinitely clone food with no repercussions then they would
>>
Jesus I can't believe this type of bait still works so well.
>>
>>388719676
Let me rephrase that, if I could steal groceries with the same odds of getting caught as pirating a game, damn fucking straight I would

I've probably pirated $25000 in games in the past 20 years. Imagine that in groceries, damn.
>>
>>388707859
I don't really care.
>>
>>388719614
No, they cost $60 because there are people who buy them for those prices.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (15KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
15KB, 258x195px
>>388707859
All people that pirate games are broke pseudo-communists.

>muh greedy developers what they create is common property nobody should have to pay a dime
>>
>>388719693
I'm going to go into my local grocery store and steal all of the fruits and vegetables, but don't worry you see because I'm going to replant everything before I leave.

t. you
>>
>>388707859
I don't justify it. I can't afford the games so I just never play them. I play F2P games instead.

The best games right now are F2P games so I have no problems with it.
>>
>>388707859
there is nothing wrong with stealing in a capitalistic society.
I'm not bashing capitalism I'm saying that there is no definitive line. you take what you can get and it's all fair game. the absolute essence of capitalism is exploitation. if someone can't protect their shit it's their problem and if someone gets caught stealing it's their problem.
you could make an argument for why stealing from those less fortunate than you is wrong but if you think laws = morality you should try reading a book you indoctrinated pussy.
>>
>>388707942
i have pirated shit for my 360, my wii and my psp. will do the same when a ps3 finds its way to me.
piracy isn't a PC-only feature
>>
Dude it's free, it's literally sitting right there for fucking free
>>
>>388719758
The difference is that you need groceries to survive, but you don't need to play these expensive games. Just play F2P games. There are tons of them out there. In fact, some of the best games (LoL and Dota) are F2P.
>>
I have a great job and make more more money than 90% of /v/ but I still pirate when I can purely because I'm a stingy fuck. Lol to anyone trying to justify piracy and lol to buyfags who think for even a second that pirates think it's justified
>>
File: 1504007162279.gif (2MB, 460x259px) Image search: [Google]
1504007162279.gif
2MB, 460x259px
>>388714493
> I don't care deal with it
> You need to justify it
not him but you're an idiot
>>
>>388707859
I don't pirate. Neither do I steal my food nor my clothes. Only people who pirate are fucking poorfags, teenagers and people from the third world.
>>
>>388710863
Holy kek this faggot is triggered
>>
>>388719693
literally no store clerk on the face of this planet would dare to ask you to pay for a product you just cloned in front of them
>>
>>388719869
>there is nothing wrong with stealing in a capitalistic society.
This really isn't true. This is something you learn in a communist society, not a capitalist one. That's why the Russians behave so poorly and why a lot of cracking and hacking is related to Russia. They grew up with a mentality that stealing is okay.
>>
>>388719963
Look at him. Look at him and laugh.
>>
>>388719963
haha yeah you show'em, girl! XD
>>
File: 1496494973475.jpg (174KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1496494973475.jpg
174KB, 900x900px
>want game
>must decide between paying 0€ and 60€
>it's literally the same thing
mhhh
>>
>>388719992
yes that is why russia is so poor not rampant corruption leading to an insane wealth gap and corporations with strong government ties having complete control over the county's only natural wealth
>>
Why should I? Game developers & publishers don't justify cut content, season passes, microtransactions, annual sequels, always online DRM or political propaganda.
>>
>>388707859
While /v/irgins go on to pirate the games they like millions of chads and staceys are buying the new NBA2k/Fifa, Uncharted etc. So developers are going to make games to suit their needs. And a few days later someone will open up a thread on /v/ asking why the industry is fucked. Really gets the old marbles rolling.
>>
>>388707859
oh fuck I forgot I have to justify myself to a bunch of virgins
>>
>>388719914
>limiting myself to microtransaction filled f2p games instead of demoing possibly good games before buying them

What you don't realise is the developers are literally no worse off if I pirate a game. It's not stealing. It's playing a demo of the game because the developers won't provide their own, because of dubious business practices like microtransactions and shitty PC ports.

If I pirate a game, there's a good chance I'm going to buy it later. I'm not going to buy a game just by looking at videos, reviews, and screenshots. That's fucking stupid.
>>
>>388719775
On the contrary my friend, I don't believe I'm entitled to anything when I steal a game. My thought process is just as easy as: Do I -have- to pay for this game? (Online features, drm). Do I like giving this specific developer money? Would the money be better spent on food, rent, gas, etcetera.
It's really easy to pirate games.
>>
File: 1496493184769.png (234KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1496493184769.png
234KB, 480x480px
>>388719914
>some of the best games (LoL and Dota) are F2P.
Anon, I..
>>
>>388707859
>unfair
Not my problem jimbo
>>
>>388707859
Most developers are paid by publishers in advance. The only games that get fucked over are indie-trash, but who even cares
>>
>>388720232
>If I pirate a game, there's a good chance I'm going to buy it later. I'm not going to buy a game just by looking at videos, reviews, and screenshots. That's fucking stupid.

I'm not going to buy this apple just by looking at it in the store, I'm going to take a bite out of it first to see if I like it.

That's how stupid you sound.
>>
>>388720168
>yes that is why russia is so poor not rampant corruption leading to an insane wealth gap and corporations with strong government ties having complete control over the county's only natural wealth
No, I never claimed that. I just said that this is a mentality people learned during Soviet times. I know, because I grew up with it. It was considered okay to steal, as long as it from the state. Because all business and products were owned by the state, stealing from those was socially acceptable.

It's not the reason Russia is poor. It's just a bad mentality to have, because they don't respect people's work. They only think about themselves or their own family.
>>
>singleplayer game
>can get it for 60$
>can also get the exact same thing for 0$
>get it for 0$
>people who bought it get upset and the only argument they can make is that it's "wrong" which literally means absolutely nothing
what are you gonna do lol
>>
File: 1488760666866.jpg (43KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1488760666866.jpg
43KB, 728x546px
think of the children anons
>>
>>388708586
This. Why would you pay for single player games? Fuck off with your "b-but the devs deserve it", how much of a fucking cuck are you?
>>
>>388719914
>it is okay to steal necessities even though you can afford them, but don't you dare copy luxury products at no actual loss for the retailer
that is honest to god the most retarded thing I've read this month
>>
File: 1500970282828.jpg (14KB, 304x296px) Image search: [Google]
1500970282828.jpg
14KB, 304x296px
>>388718818
Funny how you would pretty much get encouraged to pirate on other boards like /tv/ not to mention we have a dedicated torrent board yet for some reason I wonder if it's stockholm syndrome with abusive devs, the feeling of being part of something "muh vidya industry", butthurt indies with failed steam greenlights that still wanders here or just paid viral marketers that works for different publishers that are assigned to the site 7/24.
I really don't believe moralfags would still get assblasted about vidya when pretty much most of the entertainment gets pirated all the time.
>>
Reminder the Devs of hotline miami fixed a bug in the pirated version so everyone could enjoy it equally
They're the true heroes /v
>>
>>388720192
But anon I keep buying my paradox super secret obscure genre grand strategy dlc games like a good goy and they still wont release quality content!
>>
>>388720314
Wrong. Taking a bite of an apple makes it unfit for sale. Not so for software.

Go back to kindergarten.
>>
>>388707942
>>
>>388707859
I'm disgusted, I'm scared to read this thread because I know some people legit cant afford games but many of /v/ could and try to justify pirating due to "bad business practices" which doesnt always apply but they think they're just.
>>
File: al.jpg (53KB, 480x473px) Image search: [Google]
al.jpg
53KB, 480x473px
>>388707859
I've been burnt out too many times spending 60 bucks on a shit game. If they actually put demo's out like they used to do a decade ago to see if I like the game and think it's worth my money I wouldn't have to pirate.

I know you Burgers are cucks to the eternal Jew and are absolute slaves when it comes to consumerism and your music, movie and vidya industry have gone to shit because of it.
>>
>>388707923
Then don play his games imo.
>>
>>388709964
>I pirate anime cause I live in Europe, and most of Crunchyroll's stuff isn't available in my region due to licencing issues (this one I do feel guilty about).
Crunchyroll is absolute garbage so I don't understand why you would. They are middlemen who pocket all the money you pay them.

Do you always feel guilty when you can't pay middlemen who deliver inferior products?
>>
>>388720232
>What you don't realise is the developers are literally no worse off if I pirate a game. It's not stealing. It's playing a demo of the game because the developers won't provide their own, because of dubious business practices like microtransactions and shitty PC ports.
Oh, I do get what you're saying. I'm this guy: >>388719805

I play F2P games, because I couldn't afford these games when I was growing up and I can't afford them now. This means that I will never touch those $60 games and will never have any positive impact on the games. The developers would actually be better off if I did pirate some of their games, because it would make it more likely that I would buy them in the future or at least spread awareness to my friends.

I know that over the years interacting with communities on forums and IRC I've got plenty of people into playing those F2P games I play. I know that as a result those people have spent thousands of dollars buying shit in them. That influence could've been used to buy those $60 games, but because I don't play them I can't ever advocate for them.

Limited amounts of piracy is probably the best situation that can happen for developers.
>>
Because I can get what I want for free while others supports what I like with their money.

Easy.
>>
>>388707859
Most developers who worked on that game aren't getting a cent on it so I download from GOG guilt-free. I tend to buy recent Non-Triple A games I do like as a show of support to the developers to show them that there's a viable market for it.
>>
>>388720314
I can't tell if you're just taking the piss or deliberately avoiding the main point I'm trying to make.

>What you don't realise is the developers are literally no worse off if I pirate a game. It's not stealing.
>It's not stealing.
>It's not stealing.

It increases the odds of me purchasing the game later on down the line, vs me not purchasing it at all. I'm not going to buy a video game without testing it, I've done that hundreds of times before and wasted thousands of dollars. Keep comparing one of the biggest forms of entertainment to apples, bud.
>>
>>388720593
what a faggot.
>>
>>388720430
Hm, something, something buy the games you actually do enjoy?
>>
>>388719804
Analogy is not your field of study
>>
Firstly, I had limited options as a kid, only PC, and no "violent" games, aka any "fun" and popular.
My parents could afford, but didn't want. And so piracy and F2P was the way to go.

Nowadays I try to pay the games that are worth it and support devs.

Piracy is technically "not ok", but it does more good than bad.
Piracy is mostly PC, yet PC games revenue surpassed those for console. Despite lower prices, F2P and piracy

Same thing with the music industry, only CD makers have lost money, not label or artists
>>
I don't give a shit
>>
>>388719963
Fools are the ones to buy things they could be getting for free
>>
>>388720274
And if you decide that you would like to support the developer do you actually buy the game.

It's even easier to buy a game. Steam, install, play. No seeders, no filehosting accounts, no cracks, no zips.
>>
>>388720876
That's why you are paying for hookers.
>>
>>388708019
This, but also buy any game you wanna support the dev for. I bought diablo 2 after a decade of playing it pirated, because having so much fun with it, they deserved my shekels.
>>
>>388707859
>stealing is bad
>read a history book

And that's how I stopped being a normalfag.
>>
>>388720940
That's simply not true
>>
>>388707859
life is unfair
>>
/g/ here
Since when you guys start to worry about pirating things? Is this a thing on /v/ now?
>>
File: 5688-1236428624.jpg (14KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
5688-1236428624.jpg
14KB, 200x200px
>>388720954
Blizzard doesn't deserve your shekels.

Blizzard North is gone, the people who worked on the game are gone, nobody is getting royalties, your money isn't funding a worthy sequel.
>>
>>388721148
it's pretty easy to see why
someone who buys a game they didn't need to will get upset when someone plays it for free
>>
>>388720592
F2P games CAN be good, but more often than not they require substantial amounts of time invested. Warframe is probably one of the biggest F2P games you play, but that's such a grind it's not viable for me. Aside from that, MMOs and MOBAs just aren't my type of game, and that's all the majority of F2P games ever tend to be.
>>
>>388707859
>It's unfair to the people who worked on it and people who paid.

Okay but consider this: I don't give a fuck
>>
File: 180px-Csgohead.jpg (8KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
180px-Csgohead.jpg
8KB, 180x200px
>>388707942
>>
>>388707859
i'm broke, they aren't getting my money either way
also it's free games, what's not to like?
>>
I'm thinking of pirating Pillars of Eternity. It's a single player, way overpriced w/ dlcs, and probably full of bugs. Besides I don't have that kind of money.
>>
>>388721207
It helps that I really do enjoy games like League of Legends, Defense of the Ancients, World of Tanks, Blade & Soul. But I think the reason why I enjoy them is precisely because these were the only types of games I could play while growing up. At this point I'm just used to it.
>>
>>388721340
If it works for you and you're content with it, more power to you. F2P games need some love, too.
>>
>>388721175
I enjoyed and still enjoy Diablo 3 but ok
>>
>>388707928
wow, epic????
>>
>>388707859
If it's any consolation, the money that you pay doesn't go to the studio, to the hardworking men and women who built your game. Instead it goes to the publishers, who often than not, bring the worse things in gaming industry
>Paid dlcs
>Microtransactions
>Cut out content the players wanted to see
>sells it only on specific platforms
>Shoehorning DRM
>take an old franchise and replace it with something else entirely, like with Prey

Are the works of the publishers. Think about that. I would still purchase the game if it's worth to me though.
>>
>>388720338
>think of the children anons
>>
I really want to play the PC versions of the Trails in the Sky and Trails of Cold Steel, but I literally have no money and may have to move into a special housing unit with nothing but my clothes, my desktop and laptop. I will feel really guilty about pirating it but due to my recent diagnosis I won't be able to finish up my degree which means I might lose my scholarship and my doctor told me to wait a few months to get a job. What should I do?
>>
>>388721401
>If it works for you and you're content with it, more power to you. F2P games need some love, too.
I don't know if I am or not, but this is what I'm used to. I don't really weigh playing these games against the games I could pirate or buy. I weigh playing these games against other activities I could be doing in real life.
>>
>>388721201
Then why you guys don't derail those threads like we do?
>>
>>388719967
way to out yourself as new
>>
>>388707859
It's the game industry's resposibility to stop piracy, not mine.
The market does suffer from it (albeit not too much), but that's how society works. If people were able to steal food without anyone knowing, god knows what kind of excuses they would make up. We'd all be doing it. Capitalism was never based on morality.
>>
>>388721904
>new
Nope. I've been here for years.
>>
>>388707859
I don't know how to, so I don't
>>
>>388711334
Bear in mind fitgirl is just a repacker, he doesn't source or crack anything.
>>
>>388722241
And yet you managed to avoid the gnome for years. Sure, I believe you.
Thread posts: 516
Thread images: 80

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.