[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Akira Yamaoka on reuniting Silent Team

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 476506-in_game_harry.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
476506-in_game_harry.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
Someone please buy the IP and stop this suffering.

http://www.pcgamer.com/akira-yamaoka-would-love-to-see-silent-hill-revived-is-open-to-team-silent-reformation/#comment-jump
>>
>>388705768
It's dead, jimmy.
>>
>>388705768
It would be great. But no. Miracles like that do not happen, sadly.
>>
Imagine a fox engine silent hill 2...
>>
>>388705768
Throw notch a hint
>>
File: Fuck yea, Harry!.png (228KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck yea, Harry!.png
228KB, 500x522px
They should buddy up with the Gravity Rush team, given a good part of the team and its chief director were from the first SH's team.

Of course, Konami probably won't give up the IP or even lend it out, even if they were promised that Akira and the rest of the team could produce them a great game.
>>
Suda directed Silent Hill when?
I think he would do a good job, partner him with Mikami to make something like Killer7
>>
File: Tarot_Card_door.jpg (264KB, 1280x872px) Image search: [Google]
Tarot_Card_door.jpg
264KB, 1280x872px
If he'd manage to reunite the OG Team Silent I would actually support the endeavour on kikestarter and its ilk

Doesn't even have to be another Silent Hill game, just a game project that they create from scratch
>>
Am I the only one who feels like 1 was the best when taken as a whole? Sure it's beaten in the technical level due to being previous generation to the sequels, and individual elements certain monster designs and certain key memorable moments that are some crowning achievements of the series in 2 and 3....

But as an entire experience from start to finish 1 just beats out the rest. It draws you in and has a mood that's less spooky and haunting and more outright evil.
>>
>>388710006
Cause guy who made Forbidden Siren series was on the team.
>>
File: 1500818036500.png (18KB, 438x469px) Image search: [Google]
1500818036500.png
18KB, 438x469px
>>388705768
>Konami
>selling anything after keeping grips even after going full-pachinko

As a hardcore SH fan, I'd fucking love to see the old magic come back, but it really should just be towards a new IP to refresh the sense of mystery and intrigue the first game created. No way is Konami ever going to be even slightly reasonable with their own properties.
>>
>>388710158
If you had the power to conjure up the old SH team and their programming, art directing, writing magic and point it to a new horror title...

What would be the general setting if you got to choose? One of the biggest problems with later silent hills is that the town itself is played out and honestly less scary the more the series drags on.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.