[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you come up with your nickname/username?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 12

File: nickname.png (194KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
nickname.png
194KB, 800x400px
How did you come up with your nickname/username?
>>
>>388704527
I have a different username for nearly everything I use.

Can't backtrace me, internet police.
>>
>>388704527
world of warcraft's random name generator and then I shortened it.
>>
I wanted it to reflect how miserable and pointless life is.
>>
>>388704909
You're Les_Miserables?
>>
>>388704609
This, and it always has to do with niggers or hitler.
>>
I use the names of racing circuits from 5th gen antigrav racing games.
>>
File: cool.png (1B, 486x500px)
cool.png
1B, 486x500px
>>388704527
easy
robots are cool
>>
Name of a fictional character from a song of one of my favorite bands, only ever saw one other person with that username when I invaded them in Dark Souls and we did a little dance together about it
>>
>>388704527
My favorite judo throw.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (13KB, 194x137px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
13KB, 194x137px
Pic related or another PVZ name or a name of an element.

>PVZ name
I think their kinda funny and im lazy as shit
>Element name from periodic table
I'm fucking lazy, again.
>>
Is it safe to use one's surname online?
>>
Anagram of my real name.
I use one for console accounts and the other for pc
>>
File: v the vidya.jpg (480KB, 640x2400px) Image search: [Google]
v the vidya.jpg
480KB, 640x2400px
>>388704527
Take my first name, scramble it a bit and drop a letter, and fit it in with the name of my favorite character in my favorite game to form one name. Worked out nicely. Eight characters, can be shortened to four, never taken.
>>
>>388705762
>>388705827
I also enjoyed Kingdom Hearts 2 at a young age, lads.
>>
First two letters of my first name, last four letters of my last name. People always pronounce it wrong but it's pretty cool either way.
>>
When I was a teenager I got tired of "nickname unavailable", so I sat down with my old norse mythology book, picked words from it and twisted them enough to sound good in English and not retarded. The name is always available.
>>
File: 1501652384809.png (328KB, 676x704px) Image search: [Google]
1501652384809.png
328KB, 676x704px
>get xbox live for the first time
>picking gamertag
>lists a bunch of randomly generated ones
>accidentally pick one of them and it doesn't let me go back
I eventually changed it a couple years later to something autistic cause I was an idiot but the original one I pretty much use for everything now
>>
After a band I couldn't stop listening to at the time. I stopped listening to them a long time ago but still use the name.
>>
>>388704527
i randomly hit keys on my keyboard, it had some form of working so i put 'son' at the end.
>>
File: 1326084681872.png (415KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1326084681872.png
415KB, 600x450px
>11 years ago
>start playing MMO
>make character
>spend about 20-30 minutes typing out random shit for a name until something finally sticks
>start using it for everything else because it turned out to be a far better name than what I was using before
>>
I used to try so hard as a kid but now I just use my real name
>>
>>388704527
I sometimes use adjectives that describe my current state as nicknames
>Hungry
>Tired
>Content
>Poopy
>>
>>388706914
Surname included?
>>
>>388706914
Sounds like the opposite of what I did. Originally I used my first name usually followed with a string of numbers, but then I moved on to using made up names.
>>
>>388707017
No. My last name is Rodrigues and I'm not a spic, don't want people calling me one.
>>
Im an ameture artist and back when I was a kid I used the title of the story I was working on as my username on deviantart. It became the name people would know me by so I just stuck with it
>>
I liked a lot of Atari games, so I figured Atari would be a good name.
>>
>>388704527
Took the name of a historical person I found while reading Wikipedia articles one day.
>>
i slam my keyboard and then hit enter
>>
>>388704527
I genuinely don't even know, I came up with it when I was seven or so and it was too much of a hassle to change it. Went by something else on Steam for about a year but I ended up changing it back.
>>
File: Inoko BEAT.jpg (36KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Inoko BEAT.jpg
36KB, 704x396px
>>388705873
I never played KH2 friendo.
>>
>>388704527
My algorythm is Title-Adjective
>Doctor Salty
>Professor Tired
>Mr Delightful
Etc.

Alliteration works with this but I avoid it because it's cliche.
>>
>>388704527
I have about 2 nicknames. One is the result of a long and frustrating attempt at naming a Maple Story character. I was going for something that wasn't gibberish and wasn't outright my name. After a lot of time, I came up with a unique name that confused people ever since because apparently it has the names of 2 anime characters, from an anime show I haven't watched at the time. People kept thinking it was a reference to the anime, but it wasn't.
The second nickname was an advice a friend gave me: Pick a random Latin word. So I looked up lists of Latin words and found a short 6-letter word that reflects my last name. It works.
>>
>>388704527
name generator of course. i use all kinds of different seeds; dnd, sci fi, cyberpunk, fantasy in general, etc.
>>
>>388707113
Spic
>>
>>388707192
Linkara?
>>
File: 1473632337036.jpg (61KB, 591x591px) Image search: [Google]
1473632337036.jpg
61KB, 591x591px
>>388704527
I don't remember what it was, but one time a few years back I caught a snippet of a show that was on TV that was documenting a Street Fighter tourney or something, and I heard the name Viscant. I thought, "Huh, kinda like a viscount, but different. Unique." It was at that moment I suddenly became disgusted by the chuuni-sounding compound words I had been using for usernames. Things like that took no effort. Sure, they could be clever puns or such, but I was never good at that. So I decided I needed to make something wholly unique, that nobody else in the world used. My own, unique name.

I started by just taking words I likes and trying to make an anagram of them, but that didn't go over very well. I don't remember the train of thought, but eventually I just took the names of two characters I liked at the time (a vidya protag and a novel's side character) and smashed them together. Tweaked them a little so it actually make a decent-sounding name, then I tacked an R at the front of it from my first name, and voila - I got my username. Wholly my own, completely unique. Even now I can still run a google search on it and everything that comes up is related to me (well, stuff that isn't gibberish). Feels good, man.
>>
>>388704527
Right after college I was briefly a pro wrestler (on a very small, local level) and that was right around the time I bought myself a PS3 and a decent gaming pc. So psn and steam accounts are my old wrestling name and I always cringe when asked about it
>>
I like punny names
>Miss Take
>Cpl Punishment
>and other puns
>>
Literally my name
>>
>>388709796
I'm the only one with it in the United States. Probably the world since it's an Irish name and a Jewish name.
>>
File: IMG-20170830-WA0002.jpg (77KB, 651x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170830-WA0002.jpg
77KB, 651x720px
These days I name myself after a character from an obscure series of Japanese games. Usually I don't name myself after other characters but I found the name such a nice blend of simple, cute and unknown so it makes me interesting in a nice way, making up for my quiet personality while most don't know it's even a name from somewhere.
>>
>>388704527
Go to ff wiki and press random page
>>
File: 1499698548009.jpg (11KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
1499698548009.jpg
11KB, 253x199px
>>388704527
>used a deviation of spelling of my real name but it still sounds the same
>someone switched 1 of the letters in that deviation and a lot of people started calling me it
>got kind of sick of having my actual name pronunciation as my name
>started using that 1 letter switched version of my deviated real name because it isn't enough of a giveaway to link to my real name and you'd probably think of giant robots instead of fishing for a real name
>>
Went from a 11 letter unique greek-sounding name to a more common 6 letter more generic greek-sounding name because I wanted people not being able to trace my old autism back to myself.
>>
As a kid I just used the name of a vidya character. Then as I got around the puberty age, I just inserted an "X" in the name to split the name up, which happened to form 2 words.
Finally the nickname I still use to this day, I took the last half of the previous nickname and just changed the word for the first half.
If I feel like it I'd change the first word for variety, but the suffix still identifies me.
Also I keep that first character's name for emails. Ain't noone taking that away from me.
>>
>>388707113
t. spic
>>
my cousins names first 2 letters+ my names first 2 letters+ my bros names first 2 letters.
>>
>>388704527
Favorite RPG class and hell my last name translates to it. Add french and some goofy title and bammo. Done for life and people recognize me by it
>>
>>388704527
Killed the real owner and took his nickname, it's unique, nobody else uses it. What is the story behind it I have no goddamn idea.
>>
When I was 12, I thought it would be really badass to rearrange the letters in my name to make my online handle. Unfortunately not only did I fuck it up by missing like 3 letters (no idea how that happened, must've been retarded as a kid), it also sounds like fucking gibberish now that I'm an adult.
>>
back in 2004 when WoW was released i had to come up with a charactername
prior to that in cs 1.6 i used some bullshit
since 2004 only that name
best part is its never taken
>>
File: Andrew2.png (338KB, 564x647px) Image search: [Google]
Andrew2.png
338KB, 564x647px
I had like 3, first one I had no clue and my mom picked it for me (It's actually pretty good, it's never taken anywhere so it's a good fallback), second was when I was only 15 ten years ago and got a PS3, and wanted to make a new name and didn't want to use my 360 tag. It's really cringey, not quite XxNaMexX tier though, thankfully.
Newest one is from speedrunning. I speedrun xenosaga 1 so I picked a name related to that.
cherenkov did NOTHING wrong. The gnosis are a savior to humanity.
>>
>>388704527
I was a mod on a cringe channel on instasync way back when. Based off a video from that channel
>>
File: 1415671040008.jpg (5KB, 224x57px) Image search: [Google]
1415671040008.jpg
5KB, 224x57px
>>388704527
Literal hit the keyboard until something resembles a name appears, then a shitty frog company copy my name
>>
>>388704527
Nickname my brother would call me. It's original and it doesn't mean anything. He just liked how it sounded and so did I.
>>
>>388708561
Is that you?
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052062328
>>
I came up with my name when I was 13
It's kinda weebish but it's also a respectable name
I like it, and I'm used to it. It's like my second name now since all my online friends have always called me it.
It's never taken either
>>
knew the name from a character of a show and i like it.
>>
>>388710176
Is your name Optimus?
>>
adjective + noun but in latin
google translated latin
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.