[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PC GAMING CONTROLLER THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

File: sonic-2-cover.jpg (492KB, 1462x2128px) Image search: [Google]
sonic-2-cover.jpg
492KB, 1462x2128px
Hey, what's the best controller for PC gaming, specifically for platformers and RPGs. Trying to play Sonic Mania when I realized the only PC-compatible controllers I have are Xbox One controllers which suck dick and ass through a straw (analog stick drift ruins my experience).

What are some good controllers for PC gaming for games which you would want to play with controller? Thanks.
>>
File: yui-lel.png (218KB, 340x413px) Image search: [Google]
yui-lel.png
218KB, 340x413px
>Using analog stick in a 2D platformer
>>
>>388702424
Try the 5
>>
>>388702424
Use the d pad you moron.
>>
PS3 Controller. Use Better DS3 and games will recognize it as a 360 controller. You have to install a specific version of the Motioninjoy drivers for Better DS3 to work, but don't use the software that comes with Motioninjoy.
>>
>>388702424
i use 360 controller.
>>
>>388702592
>>388702760
Retards, I am using the D pad. The analog stick constantly drifts to the right, and there's no way to disable analog sticks in the game because it's proprietary and it assumes the controller you're using isn't shit, and there's no way to disable it in Windows because they haven't even updated their game controller calibration UI since Windows 2000. I need a good fucking controller. That's what this thread is about.
>>
>>388702868
That sounds like a nightmare. Does it work in Windows 10? God dammit, why don't publishers realize Microsoft and Apple are both shit and just jump on the Linux train? I have to rely on shitty, third-party drivers that likely have embedded keyloggers because Microsoft don't know how to write secure APIs. Ok thanks, I'll try the PS3 controller.
>>
File: MCFP.jpg (29KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
MCFP.jpg
29KB, 300x225px
>>388702424
saw pic related on a clearance sale. how do the d-pads compare to the Saturns'? looking for a comfy and solid d-pad like the saturns' for emulation & maybe fighting games.

>xbox 360
mushy, inaccurate mess

>PS3
too mushy. low quality build

>PS2/PS1
like running your thumb across a cheese grater

>PS3 Hori Fight Pad
so-so, but the rotating d-pad feature results in the d-pad rotating even after locking it in place.
>>
>>388702868
Motioninjoy has been a source of spyware for years. I installed it around 2011 and it was fine then but sometime since it got really infested.
>>
>>388703837
I love the d-pad on the Xbox One controller, better than the Sega Saturn controller actually. The analog sticks are fucking garbage though. Like, almost as shit as the N64 controller analog stick. I suspect most people with a Xbox One controller have slight drift but don't notice it because most games are coded such that it requires more sensitivity to register definite movement. Use it on any emulator or certain games, or just open the Windows gamepad calibration window and you'll realize it's fucking shit.

The problem is, there are certain games where the d-pad and left analog stick bind to the same controls and you can't configure (like Sonic Mania), so if you have a slight right drift, movement to the left with the d-pad is hindered. Honestly, I had to disassemble my Xbox One controller and remove a piece of plastic which became dislodged (causing the left analog stick to drift) to even make the game playable... even the menus were unusable. Microsoft uses cheap parts which apparently break after a few months. You can Google "Xbox One controller drift" and find tons of articles about this, but you aren't likely to hear about it in general because most Xbox gamers are too retarded to even notice. It's a major reason to avoid the Xbox One controller; the hardware is cheap garbage.

I need a well-built controller. Does anyone make these anymore? Logitech used to but all of their new shit looks like crappy Chinese shit produced for Call of Duty bros who are too drunk to realize their controllers are fucking them up.

Most games I play are keyboard + mouse BTW. Only pissed about Sonic Mania because it's a great game and only enjoyable with controller.
>>
>>388703287
The Xbox one controller, even a type one, would be more than enough for your needs. Are you sure it's simply not defective?

Go to Target and get a type 3 for 35 bucks.

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-00-0566

See if there's one in your area.
>>
>>388704738
Razer Sabertooth comes to mind; it's basically a blinged out x360 controller, with, apparently, a more rugged & high quality build
>>
>>388702424
Try the Xbox One controller
>>
>>388705040
I have no idea. I have two of them and both have the drift issue. I thought it was a driver issue at first but there are no driver updates and can't find any driver-related solutions online. Do you have one? If so, open Windows gamepad calibration in Control Panel and hit any direction on the d-pad, does it permanently skew the X or Y axis? If not, what the fuck issue am I dealing with? I've tried calibrating again but nope. It's just shit no matter what.
>>
>>388703837
The dpad on that is pretty weird. It feels more like a big flat control stick, than an actual dpad.
>>
>>388705348
d-pad looks shaky, rest looks great (assuming the switches in the analog sticks aren't cheap Chinese crap). I'll consider it. Thanks.
>>
>>388705521
1: What version of Windows are you using?

2: Are you playing the game on Steam? Why not launch into big picture and use the controller mapper to bind things correctly and limit the sticks so that your defective pad doesn't interfere in the time being?
>>
>>388705646
1. Windows 10.

2. Yes. God damnit, didn't even know that I could configure non-Steam Controllers on Big Picture. I've been looking for third-party software to remap the analog sticks with no luck. This is what I've been looking for. Thank you very much, this pretty much solves my problem until I can get a new controller.

/thread
>>
>>388703431
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-connect-a-ps3-controller-to-a-pc/
I managed to install my ps3 controller with this.
>>
>>388705573
looking at the saturn & >>388703837 d-pad side to side, that does kinda describe the Saturn / Genesis 8-way d-pad. the question now is; is it as responsive?
>>
File: 71tZ1oc+mjL._SL1500_.jpg (143KB, 1168x1500px) Image search: [Google]
71tZ1oc+mjL._SL1500_.jpg
143KB, 1168x1500px
>>388706164
I fell for the meme, and it sucks. Seriously, the madcatz fight pads may have the look, but the quality just isn't there. You either want to get a knock-off Saturn USB pad and put the board inside a REAL (preferably defective) Saturn controller shell, OR get the Xbox One Hori Fighting Commander. It's not a Saturn0style D-Pad, but it's very responsive and hands down the BEST all-around 6-button solution on the market today.
>>388705871
Glad to see you found at least an interim solution. I play exclusively on my TV on Big Picture, but even I as consolefag at heart think it is bullshit that that Steam tool is big picture only.
>>
If you can, get your hands on an original madcatz fightpad. It's like a luxury genesis controller
>>
>>388707453
Try to successfully and consistently press diagonal down left, and then get back to me.
>>
I was considering getting a ps4 pad, but people say the analogue sticks show wear fast and the dpad is not as good, so I ended up getting a ps3 pad. I'm using scp toolkit to hook it up.
>>
>>388702868
Please don't use anything motion joy related since a better solution has been there for years.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-connect-a-ps3-controller-to-a-pc/
>>
>>388707878
>since a better solution has been there for years.

yeah, xbox 360 then xbox one controller
>>
>>388706949
Yeah honestly I've never really used Big Picture (aside from playing around with it when it first came out) until now. This shit is underrated. I thought the ability to configure controller config per-game was limited to Steam Controllers but it's not. Also, the UI is not bad.

Anyways, this shit is done. Sage on my own thread. Thanks to everyone...
>>
>>388708067
Thanks but I'd rather have something with a good dpad.
>>
File: IMG_1587.jpg (19KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1587.jpg
19KB, 240x200px
>>388702424
>pc
Hang the rope
>gaming
Tie the noose
>controller
Kick the chair
>>
>>388708167
okay, so playstation controllers are last place then.
>>
File: NES30-Pro.jpg (59KB, 841x316px) Image search: [Google]
NES30-Pro.jpg
59KB, 841x316px
>>388702424
>>
>>388708382
Out of everything ms and sony offered this and last gen, ps3 pad is the best.
>>
File: disturbed-sonic.jpg (185KB, 1464x1440px) Image search: [Google]
disturbed-sonic.jpg
185KB, 1464x1440px
>>388708279
> What are some good controllers for PC gaming for games which you would want to play with controller
> games which you would want to play with controller
> want to play with controller

I'm not playing Overwatch or PUBG or whatever "pro game" you personality-devoid autists play nowadays. I'm playing Sonic Mania nigga. Would you rather self-induce carpal tunnel with WASD or play the damn game with a controller like you're supposed to? Please learn what "context" is.

I might as well get a Genesis-to-USB adapter to play this fucking game. You people make me sick.

It's a god damn hedgehog. Running around collecting rings. Who the fuck would ever prefer to play Sonic with a mouse and a keyboard? Are you fucking retarded?

Have you lost your mind? I mean really, what were you thinking when you posted this.

Shameful. Just a god damned shame. You should feel sorry for yourself.

Prick.
>>
>>388703287
>The analog stick constantly drifts to the right
It's probably defective, but try calibrating it. This shouldn't happen at all. The XBone controller is more than adequate for 2D platformers.
>>
>>388708798
It doesn't drift, it's a bug with the way the control panel thing reports it

he's literally not experiencing drift but seeing it in control panel and it's driving him mad because he's autistic
>>
File: IMG_1588.jpg (41KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1588.jpg
41KB, 640x640px
>>388708730
>>
>>388709064
Source? Because I'm not ruling that out god damn but shit seems fucked up
>>
>>388708441
Anyone know if you can get something like this for the classic Genesis controller? All I've found are for the microscopic six-button version.
>>
>>388707697
I can hit it just as consistently as I can with the fighting commander that I also own, do you have yours set to dpad mode?
>>
Xbox Elite controller feels great but isn't really worth the price
>tfw used it for 1,5 year then returned it for full refund
>>
>>388702424
Does Steam support Saturn usb controller? I bought it for Sonic Mania but it doesn't work.
>>
>>388702424
iBuffalo SNES USB controller
>>
>>388708441
This one is shit and have horrible sync issues and horrible d-pad.

Don't buy it.
>>
File: SNES-iBuffalo.jpg (303KB, 1500x819px) Image search: [Google]
SNES-iBuffalo.jpg
303KB, 1500x819px
>>388714773
This, I use this and its very nice
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.