[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Destiny 2 open beta - your thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 79

File: download.jpg (6KB, 232x130px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 232x130px
Positive:
>graphics (perhaps slightly better than titanfall 2. Not quite doom 2016).
>optimization seems good

Negative:
>soundtrack
>script and character lines
>lack of enemy variety (fat, fat with flamethrower, fat mini boss, jackal sniper reskin)
>boring gameplay. regenerating health, non aggressive enemy AI
>linear level design
>multi-player map is an actual circle with 3 control points
>multi-player announcer speaks constantly while adding little of value
>revolver Handgun is more powerful than rifles
>no death counter on the scoreboard

Honestly pretty shocked it was this bad. Granted I am not a destiny fan, but since I loved the Halo games growing up, I thought I'd give it a whirl. I wasn't ready for Bungie to take their core design tenets and toss them out the window. It's weird to see how far they have deviated from their core principles. Bungie is just a name now, Jason Jones is not a reclusive mastermind. He is a sad man, and probably a hack as well.
>>
Looks about right. Glad I didn't preorder.
>>
I thought it sucked but it's okay I'll play it so you don't have to
>>
>no death counter on scoreboard

But it shows your KD ratio at the end of each match.
>>
>>388695291
>Positive
It's destiny 1.5. I will literally be addicted to getting new shit. I put in over 1000 hours into the first. Fuck I cannot wait. Path of Exile and Diablo 3 don't feel the same.
>>
That's your opinion man, I started playing yesterday and haven't stopped, the competitive PVP map is 10/10. They're really going for good design with this one, as long as they listen to the community the game will sell.

I think the overall concensus is that people are hyped. It's just /v/ that likes to pick gripes over minor shit. There's going to be tons of content released over the next couple years.
>>
>>388695291
My feeling is that I may enjoy it for a significantly reduced price point later down the line. Perhaps the co op and real online play will make it slightly better than irredeemable
>>
File: 1501899120110.png (653KB, 936x936px) Image search: [Google]
1501899120110.png
653KB, 936x936px
>>388695291

PROS
>Soundtrack
>THESE PARTICLE EFFECTS? WHAT ARE THESE
>the possibility of fighting inside a leviathan in the raid
>no shitters shitting it up with special weapons constantly
>actual balance and weapons that are supposedly can be fine tuned individually so no more fucking over complete archetypes
>all that patrol shit, /all/ of it

CONS
>30fps on console (I am getting PC as well but mainly will be playing PS4)
>Still unsure about PvE power ammo economy
>unsure ability recharge rates in general
>>
File: 2017.08.29-20.13_01.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
2017.08.29-20.13_01.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>388695291
>perhaps slightly better than titanfall 2
That's what I've found as well.
Unfortunately, it doesn't run as well as Titanfall 2, and I don't find the graphics all that standout.
But yea, it's pretty mediocre.
Worst part about the multiplayer is the fucking radar, that literally tells you where everyone is whenever they're moving, which encourages a fuckton of camping and is a REAL drain on the experience in a game that's only fucking 4v4.
>>
>>388695608
You do realize the biggest "getting new shit" and gambling mechanics were removed from this game right?
Its exactly like PoE and D3. Items you get wont have RNG rolls on them. Same stats for everyone.
>>
>>388695291
>>graphics (perhaps slightly better than titanfall 2. Not quite doom 2016).
It's a beta that's half the size of the full game my man, of course they aren't going to let you download all the textures
>>
>everyone uses the handgun in multuplayer
>every other gun feels like shooting fucking piss

BRAVO BUNGIE
>>
>>388696049
>separating art builds by texture quality

name one game that does this
>>
>>388696049
I didn't say they were bad. Just that doom overall looks more cutting edge. Doom probably didn't have as many setpieces with ships flying around and such though.
>>
What is this "patrol" that everyone is hyped about? Some game mode?
>>
>>388695291
Is the beta actually open? As in do I have to buy the game to play the beta?
>>
>>388695291
Feels and plays like the original, played a good amount of the vanilla Destiny and picked up the expansions later on but I was dissapointed. Saddens me this game will be the next big thing for a few years judging by its following and now with the pc playerbase.
>>
>>388695616
It's as soulless and barren as the first game

Glad you can accept playing in a whole load of nothing. Reminds me of FFXV and MSGV defenders.
>>
>>388696475
No, it's an open beta until the 31st. No need to buy it yet.
>>
Better than Destiny 1 (which was total shit) but still not worth $60. Titanfall 2, CoD, CSGO and Halo are all better and cheaper. This game should have been $15 at launch with free DLC.
>>
>>388695896
Crouching and sliding takes you out of the radar, doesn't it?
>>
>>388696647
Crouching does, don't think sliding does.
>>
>>388696558
How big is the download?
>>
I like it but it's rather slow and the pvp is just garbage.
>>
>>388696772
16gb's
>>
>>388695291
how the fuckd o you evne play MP, do you have to finish the campaign?
>>
>>388696616
>billion dollar franchise should be priced the same as an indie
Don't ever post again
>>
>>388696856
>implying games shouldn't be priced according to their quality as games
>>
>>388696856
t. angry Bungie employee
>>
>>388696856
>"billion" dollar fake franchise that hid sales number due to low sales
>less content than $10 indie games
The industry has failed.
>>
Not fond of how it uses my real name in chat, but supposedly that's something only you can see. Big issue for streamers though. They better fix that shit.
>>
>>388696647
Crouching will pulse your location. Its pretty much worthless.
>>
I played Destiny for probably 50hrs or so.

I watched gameplay of 2, and literally could not tell a difference.
>>
>>388697008
You can turn it off in the options and it only applies to your true battle.net friends thing
>>
>>388697008
You can disable that in the settings. It's just on by default.
>>
>>388697030
It's the same game but with more cutscenes and more story.
>>
>>388695291
>>multi-player announcer speaks constantly while adding little of value
This saddens me.
The announcer started out normal, then in the Taken King DLC that everyone liked (resulting in the guy who designed it getting put in charge of D2) he got made shouty and spazzed out when you did something cool. People actually liked it, he gained a personality.
Now they appear to have pushed too far and ruined it by making him yell at the littlest thing.
>>
>>388697030
You're not supposed to right? Its should look the the same game but updated with content and QoL changes.
>>
>>388697076
>>388697030
This is more of a map pack than a sequel.
>>
First time playing Destiny. I thought it was really boring. The abilities don't add enough variance to the usual run n gun gameplay and the enemies are not interesting in any way. I'd rather replay Borderlands 2
>>
>>388697128
Bigger maps, more enemies and better particle effects also.
>>
I've played crucible several times and each game has been a horrible lagfest. I wish I recorded it, it was hilarious punching an enemy player who stood there keeping my team from capping for several seconds before dying out of nowhere.
>>
>>388696647
Sliding does, crouching pulses instead of being solid.
Radar vanishes for a second after you come out of ADS, an 'improvement' made because radar use was a very large part of D1 play...not helped by perks and gear you could equip that made it highly accurate and/or on all the time. I imagine they'll add similar things to this that make it stop vanishing or on all the time.
>>
File: Speccy.png (23KB, 545x412px) Image search: [Google]
Speccy.png
23KB, 545x412px
I wonder how it will run on my potato

Currently downloading it just to see performance. Don't care one bit for the game itself, I already know it's shit
>>
>>388697206
That too. Pretty much if you hated the first one, don't even try the second one. Nothing major is changing.
>>

As it should be in medium to short ranges. Scout Rifles are meant to be played from extreme distance and campy.

Honestly, I'm fine with Scout being semi-bad. They're boring and have far less character than hand cannons, which encourage mobility to close gaps and fast/personal gunfights. They were the coolest "regular" weapon in Destiny.
>>
>>388695616
It will sell because it caters to the poor taste of children, same as halo and call of duty. I hope some day you'll realize what a good game is.
>>
>the one thing everyone agreed on that was okay about Destiny was the feel of player movement, weapon handling, gunplay and the acrobatic speed of encounters combined with sweet-spot time-to-kill
>in the sequel they make everyone move slower, slow down weapon handling, reduce momentum, make everyone heavier and increase time-to-kill by something that feels like x 1.5

what the fuck r they doing
>>
>Destiny 1 was trash
>it's only saving grace was PvE, but they kept adding shittier and shittier strikes and raids plus making the story more and more retarded
>PvP was always garbage and annoying
>Destiny 2
>focus more on PvP to the point that they want that shitty game to be an esport
>completely nerf anything that's viable for PvE just because they want PvP to succeed
>PvP is still hated and only autistic people actually like it
>PvE is literal trash, the intro mission is already filled with inconsistencies and retarded choices
>the first strike is the worst strike to ever grace the game and singlehandedly shows that they've improved 0 things from Destiny 1 but add yet another annoying robot
>release the hubworld for everyone to get them hyped
>it is literally some shitty abandoned barn with nothing but 3 lanterns that you can turn on/off and the shitty soccer game with garbage physics
>losing customers by the minute, gamestop employees saying they've lost countless pre-orders on Destiny 2
>they're going to do it again at 4k 60fps
>>
>>388697030
>tfw i wish you were right

They've changed so many things I loved about the first game. Longer TTKs, smaller PVP maps, 4v4 PVP only as opposed to a choice between 6v6 and 3v3, no free for all, slowing down mobility options.
>>
>>388696378
Doom looks really bland compared to this game. the weapons in doom were ace though. I played doom recently and it really can't stand up to destiny 2, either in artistic design or tech art. Destiny 2 needs better aliasing though.

>>388695291
Positive:
>looks great
>shooting feels tight
>it's fun
>fov slider and options are generally good

Negative:
>fucking shit mouse sensitivity options. I can't believe it's going to ship with this, how hard is it to just add two decimal points after the sensitivity number? People won't be able to match their accuracy from other games with this shit, they should just tune it the same as overwatch's since there will be lots of crossover.
>auto rifles could use a slight boost
>radar OUT please

Overall: 7/10 Very promising start
>>
File: IMG_7188.gif (4MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7188.gif
4MB, 384x216px
>>388695291
>To anyone that actually falls for this fucking scam.

The only thing sad about this that makes me feel something other than anger is the fact that Nathan Filion's talent is wasted on this sham of a game and they know he's the only thing that makes people think that destiny might have more depth to it and also this magical thing that was lacking since the launch of the first game.

You know, that thing called "BEING AN ACTUAL FUCKING CHARACTER ".
>>
Feel sorry for new players who are having "fun". Almost any new game is fun at first. New players will find out that this game gets old and boring very fucking fast. Especially if they don't have friends to socialize and crack jokes with(only reason Destiny 1 was bearable).
>>
>>388695291
had to turn it off after that horde defense mission because it was just so fucking boring

how do consolefags enjoy this shit?
>>
>>388696420
Boring open world part of the game
>>
>>388697463
Fuck you, Anon. They're overpowered as shit.

They occupy the same role Scout Rifles did, you only like them because you have a bias towards revolvers.
>>
WHATS THE ABSOLUTE FASTEST CLASS?

I'm talking double blink bladedancer speed from the first. I gotta go fast.
>>
>>388697623
>FOV slider is good
>literally doesn't do what an FOV slider is supposed to do
>>
>>388697949
hunter
>>
Runs great on my computor
still don't know if i'll be picking it up, they seem to be pushing pvp and i don't give a fuck about that
>>
>>388698014
looking at skills, they lost blink. is lock really that much slower?
>>
>>388697995
Oh, what does it do instead?
>>
>>388698051
not really but hunter specific armor might make them faster endgame
>>
File: 4809977-nahhhhh.jpg (205KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
4809977-nahhhhh.jpg
205KB, 2000x1000px
>>388697892
i stuck through with it and the pvp managed to be even worse somehow
>>
File: 1497110262799.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
1497110262799.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>388697892
There was no joy or fun to be had. I'd imagine they would want to showcase the best bits for the "beta" and if this is it, they got nothing
>>
>>388697920
They don't at all though. At more than 30 meters, a hand cannon is going to get fucking smoked by a pulse or a scout. The difference between them is that the hand cannons lower zoom value and higher burst damage allows you to play aggressively as opposed to passively with a scout. It's more far more interesting gameplay.

Scouts even have better time to kills, so quit bitching.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y_srme9MAL455g60sdu-wAoYMA4_yfmw6xtV5NN9Lew/edit#gid=0
>>
>>388698025
I'm the opposite. /nofriends/ so pvp all the way.
>>
>>388697949
nobody is fast anymore. hunter is the least slow, class doesn't matter.
>>
>>388698358
>nobody is fast anymore
killed my interest faster than anything
>>
>Play prologue
>Get in the command ship
>The inside is an almost-exact reskin of Halo CE's Truth and Reconciliation, but in red.

I genuinely don't know if I should be mad or impressed.
>>
File: 1479502546458.gif (2MB, 270x138px) Image search: [Google]
1479502546458.gif
2MB, 270x138px
>>388695291
Gunplay is floaty, how the fuck are devs still failing this hurdle in <current year>?

Guns feel like weightless plastic toys that cast magic spells.

Story is shit.

Animation is shit.

Abilities are weak, awkward and on long timers.

The jump-float mechanic is irritating at best.

I am very disappointed, I thought this might be fun.

Guess I'm waiting for Anthem for muh MMO-lite FPS.
>>
>tfw haven't won a single crucible game
>>
>>388698386
It's a far less mobility focused game now. Hunters have kept the jukes with triple jump, but everything else has been toned down or removed entirely.

It's...OK. But as someone who liked the speed of Destiny, it's not what I wanted at all.
>>
File: ora2.jpg (20KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
ora2.jpg
20KB, 540x540px
>had to go to bed an hour before the open beta began
>at work now
>8 hours until I get to play
Why did the beta have to be on a tuesday of all days in the week? Why not a friday?
>>
File: 1495394356704.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1495394356704.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>388698632
>Relying on Bioware

Is this what we've come to?
>>
I did not play Destiny 1, but based on what I played of Destiny 2 and its beta, it seems pretty awful.

Captain America shield was cool, though.
>>
The worst part about this shit is that I'm going to get addicted to it like I did the first game. I must have over 800 fucking hours just from playing the same strikes and raids over and over again to get the good shit. Fuck me I hope they speed up the recharge rate of abilities
>>
File: 1484190951913.png (302KB, 634x638px) Image search: [Google]
1484190951913.png
302KB, 634x638px
So what coop game am I supposed to look forward to now?
>>
>>388699096
Divinity.
>>
I fucking love the beta, I can't put it down. Didn't play past taken king in the first but damn this is sick.
>>
>>388698632
it's highly unlikely bioware's combat gameplay will be as tight as destiny's unless they really step it up in a big way. bioware is full casual these days so that's not going to happen.
>>
>>388699096
Monster hunter!
I never played MH before
>>
>>388699125
>playing divinity with friends
It's like you don't want to have any friends
>>
>>388699170
$0.5 dollars sent to your account.
>>
Holy shit the pvp in this is garbage
>>
>>388699291
The guy I played the first one with kept setting me on fire. He's still my friend.
>>
I actually like the same weapon system for both primary and secondary slots except secondary is elemental. However I'm also mainly a PvE player so it's kind of a kick in the balls not being able to use a rocket launcher with a sniper anymore.
>>
>>388695291
Positive:
>Gunplay still good I guess
>Apparently has more content
Negative:
>Comically back voice acting
>The obnoxious gearbox tier quips the ghosts make
>All the cringy anime shit in the first mission
>Seriously I cannot stress how much I hate the new ghost and characters, at least in D1 dinklebot was pleasantly mediocre, the new ghost and his lines make me want to puke
>Simplified ability tree
>Removal of special weapons

I'm probably going to pass on it, I was hoping to like it but I'm disgusted with the game after only half an hour of play.
>>
>>388698295
I'm using a Sidearm mainhand, though I loved Scout Rifles back in D1. Range on the handguns definitely could be raised a bit.

I just think Scouts could do slightly more damage per shot if their firerate is severely nerfed (as it should've been.) They're marksman weapons. They should reward that.

Doesn't change the fact that Handcannons are definitely overpowered and outdamage a lot of other weapons, even in ranges they excel in. Too much fire rate and too much damage per shot for magazine sizes as courteous as I've seen them with. Not when it'll take me the majority of a mag for a Sidearm at optimal range to down someone ignoring melee (though it's clearly designed as a facilitator for melee kills to make up for weaker melee) compared to a good 3-4 hits with Handcannons, maybe less with headshots, all with far superior range.

Though to be honest I'm not sure I like the two Primaries system at all. Shotguns are nigh useless as Power Weapons when Fusion Rifles offer better potential per shot, and Rocket Launchers and Grenade Launchers are guaranteed kills used properly.
>>
>>388697786
Why does a game have to be the best thing ever in order to justify a purchase? If I have fun for 50 hours it will be well worth it. Just based on leveling and some pvp, I'll hit that easily.
>>
>>388698632
>>388698887
When you're looking for a shit genre, it's only natural that you'll get it from shit companies
>>
The game doesn't fucking run in 1080p for me. I don't know how you could fuck up something as simple as fullscreen modes.
>>
>>388696027
>exactly like PoE and D3
>Items you get wont have RNG rolls on them. Same stats for everyone.
Both of those games have variable stats on items.
>>
>>388696841
You have to go through that shitty starting PVE mission to get access to PVP matchmaking, theres no server browser, no nothing btw.
>>
>>388695291
>game is popular
>/v/tard makes a blog post saying it is utter dogshit
Either you never played 1 and expected an unrealistic experience or you are just a whiny retard. Game is solid, will sell millions, and /v/ will give it the good old "if I sage and ignore every *put popular game name here* thread, then I won't have to remind everyone I'm an unfunny retard" treatment.
>>
>>388699839
what are your specs?
>>
>>388699997
When you grow up you might realize how shit your taste was
>>
>>388700168
grow up?
>/v/ has younger userbase than other major gaming forums/sites
>shits on everything popular way more than other sites
>larger percentage of manchildren
really makes you think
>>
File: pcOraO.jpg (22KB, 368x389px) Image search: [Google]
pcOraO.jpg
22KB, 368x389px
>>388695291
>lack of enemy variety (fat, fat with flamethrower, fat mini boss, jackal sniper reskin)

I agree with everything else, but come the fuck on. You're being invading specifically by a species of space Rhinos, of course they're all going to be pretty much the same in terms of appearance with enemies.

That's the equivalent of saying that all the enemies in GTA are the same because they are all humans.
>>
The story seems piss poor Marvel in space. Hire some actual writers.
>>
>>388699813
wisdom
>>
File: 1481470638998.jpg (92KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
1481470638998.jpg
92KB, 800x999px
>>388695291
>That le witty XD writing on the tutorial
Jesus fuck
>>
File: 1497216766250.png (34KB, 493x276px) Image search: [Google]
1497216766250.png
34KB, 493x276px
>The classes are the exact same
Bungo really doesn't know what the word "try" means do they
>>
>>388700691
We want the Marvel quipshit audience.
>>
File: destiny_2_teaser.0.jpg (59KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
destiny_2_teaser.0.jpg
59KB, 1200x800px
Never played a Destiny game before, don't know much about the lore or the characters, but the moment this motherfucker opened his mouth just a few seconds into the first cutscene with his "le quirky" smartmouth persona I knew I was going to hate this game. At that particular moment, not 10 seconds in.
>>
>>388700989
He reminds me of that emote guy from watch dogs 2
>>
>>388695291

Pros:

>boss fight is pretty fun in its intensity
>game is giving me a consistent 45-60fps on ultra settings/1980x1080p with a rx480, i7 4790k and 16gb RAM
>environments are gorgeous (go right instead of left at the start of the Strike)
>Pistol feels satisfying to use, controls are tight and responsive

Cons

>everything else

The dialogue in particular is so awful. ->quip ->exposition ->quip ->exposition ->quip -> exposition
>>
File: 1359773493321.gif (400KB, 488x519px) Image search: [Google]
1359773493321.gif
400KB, 488x519px
>can't use shotguns exclusively to kill everything
>guns are boring as fuck with only revolvers being fun
>you're moving slow as fuck unless you pop rip'n'tear mode

Awful, just awful
>>
File: 1479024922074.jpg (37KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1479024922074.jpg
37KB, 177x278px
>Default melee button is C
>>
Why are the cooldowns on abilities so fucking long?
>>
>>388701140

*1920x1080p
>>
>>388701348
They don't want you to have too much fun
>>
>>388701348

This along with how slow you move and how dull the guns (sans revolver) feel really gives the game a sense of sterility. After shit like Overwatch has gotten so big there's really no excuse for the gunplay to be so much of a priority over your abilities, imo.
>>
It's literally just destiny 1 but at 60 fps
>>
File: dalai-lama-laugh.jpg (35KB, 483x322px) Image search: [Google]
dalai-lama-laugh.jpg
35KB, 483x322px
SPACE JUSTICE WARRIORS!!!!
>>
File: IMG_20170827_125837.jpg (451KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170827_125837.jpg
451KB, 2048x2048px
Why do people like this game? I feel like I'm just shooting bullet sponges. How do you even get a sense of progression? The enemies were crazy bland and had barely any variety.The weapons are uninteresting and usually unsatisfying. The writing of the story makes me cringe and the characters are Reddit tier.
>>
>>388701576
Hmm, you sold me on it then. Guess I'll preorder it.
>>
>>388700989

You don't like Nathan "quips for every situation" Filllion? Also known as "the captain guy from Firefly".
>>
>>388701641
More repeated questions from retards who don't like the game(and that's fine) pretending to figure out why people play said game.
>>
>>388696050
I'very been wrecking people with everything, and some guy in one of our matches was damn near immortal with the smg.

I think the issue is your consistent aim anon, revolvers great at picking your shots.
>>
Game has zero waifu-bait.
Guess you could say it was DESTINED..to be trash.
>>
>>388701576
I wish.
>>
even paladin plays better than this in that paladin has more variety.

even overwatch, dirty bomb and whatever else
>>
>>388696050
also remember to plug in your xim or xbox controller for sanctioned aimbot
>>
>>388702143
those games you listed are completely different games entirely, what point are you even trying to make?
>>
>>388701832
That's not an answer
>>
>>388702325
Who said it was?
>>
File: warlock.jpg (35KB, 489x709px) Image search: [Google]
warlock.jpg
35KB, 489x709px
>>388701348
>Pick Warlock.
>Go into the class excited, expecting to be a spell flinging psionic throwing bursts of energy/particles, similar to the bionic focused character in ME:Andromeda.
>The cooldowns are absolutely horrendous for some very lackluster and underwhelming spells. One of the abilities is the equivalent of a grenade throw, while the others are melee focused abilites. The "ultimate" which is a hex is goddamn useless which requires you to be in direct contact with the enemies, and since they move around a lot you don't even reap the benefits and is mostly a waste to give you fired at. What is the game trying to tell me? Are Warlocks supposed to be melee fighters???
>Cooldowns are so bad I could engage in 7-8 gunfights before ever getting the chance to use another spell/ability.

Fuck man, I just wanted to play as a space age tech Wizard. Not a plasma grenade thrower who spends shooting.
>>
>>388702461
Nice job dodging questions, get good taste in vidya faggot
>>
>>388698632
I've got bad news about Anthem anon. You see, Bioware is making that game.....

It's going to suck.
>>
>>388701348
it's a tech test with no cool-down reducing armors that will be in the full game
>>
>>388702875
destiny 2 is an fps
you shoot guns with all the classes
you just get robes as armor instead of plate or leather looking shit, that's the main difference
>>
>>388695616
>the competitive PVP map is 10/10
spotted the retarded drone
>>
>>388697595
Am I missing something obvious, but can't they just balance PvE and PvP separately? People would have to learn the differences between each, but there would be no balance conflicts.
>>
File: 1480527725651.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
1480527725651.png
48KB, 400x389px
I just played the beta and I spent the entire game repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my monitor for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>Ayy le quirky humour tutorial lmao
If you liked it you're in the wrong place
>>
It really annoys me that every gun of its class uses the exact same reload animation. Even bullpup AR reuse a Scout's reload animation and forward loading Scout's re use the AR animation.
>>
>>388703020
Fuck off retard and stop pretending, bitch.
>>
>>388703529
The only time I smirked was during the strike thing when I think my little ghost dude called that titan guy to tell him we made it and he loved him(?) I think. I was very drunk though.
>>
>>388702875
Neither Daybreak or Nova Bomb require you to be in direct contact with anyone.
>>
File: 1405055137440.png (65KB, 1068x34px) Image search: [Google]
1405055137440.png
65KB, 1068x34px
They at least did a good job explaining what was going on without saying much. I never played the first one but they managed to get across what the Red Legion and Cabal was in two sentences or so.
>>
>>388703529
When did this pasta first appear again?
>>
File: grumpy_cat.jpg (76KB, 690x460px) Image search: [Google]
grumpy_cat.jpg
76KB, 690x460px
>>388695291
I'm pretty disappointed with the game too, and I really wanted to like it jumping in since I've been having a space FPS craving. Where am I going to get a Sci-Fi fix now?
>>
>>388695291
Game feels natural on PC, one complaint is that strafing is too slow
>>
File: 1492976079879.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1492976079879.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
Just got done playing through everything.

Am I the only one who feels like this is Destiny 1 but worse? It's ugly, somehow. They've run with the humor to BAZINGA!! levels. The gameplay feels slower for some reason and the level design is just garbage, minus maybe the drill part in the strike. They didn't show off any wacky new perks with the weapons, so I wouldn't count on those outside of exotics. The exotic they did decide to show off is essentially a purple from D1 but with mo higher numberz, and nothing quirky about it at all. Skills are the exact same so you're going in already bored of the skills if you played 1. The strike is fucking mindless, even compared to those of D1. Every piece of equipment shown is hideous, as are the guns.

It's fuckin shit. I thought a copy/paste would be bad but this is makes Destiny 1 look like the improved sequel. Everything that actually is different is worse.
>>
>>388695291
Only problem i have is the retarded as PvP not being 6v6
>>
>>388695291
played an hour, more than ill ever need. is this really what satisfies consolefriends? Why is everyone a guardians of the galaxy wacky man? I thought casuals games were all focused on the cinematic experience but the cinematics sure were laugahable. gameplay is boring ass ironsight shit youve played for the past 15 years against slow moving enemies. fuck this game
>>
>>388704326
Fuck off retard and stop pretending, bitch.
>>
>>388695291
Not that it matters
>soundtrack
Subjective
Subjective
Canal Literally 1/5th of the enemy types
I'm not sure health packs would work in this. I honestly don't know. Enemies are more agressive on higher difficulties but I still agree with you
>linear level design
I don't think you can make that call off a beta with w missions and no free roam
>multi-player map is an actual circle with 3 control points
Yes, yes it is. Wether that's good or bad is subjective. But it's 1 map anyway
>multi-player announcer speaks constantly while adding little of value
That's because people lived shaxx from the first game to they antied him up this game
Handcannons are more like hand held railguns than actual revolvers. They don't use bullets.
That's always bothered me too.
>>
>>388704512
>>boring gameplay. regenerating health, non aggressive enemy AI
>I'm not sure health packs would work in this.

its a classed based shooter how about giving classes a fucking point and make a medic
>>
>>388698251
They didn't.
They only wanted to test servers and balancing.
It's confirmed they intentionally left out 99% of the game.
Unlike Destiny 1 beta the showcased like 30t of the game.
I think people expecting to get everything out of the beta are crazy.
>>
-Graphics looked very good even on my toaster settings. Pretty smooth framerate too. So that's a huge plus.
-Maybe I am just getting older or being distracted/bitter atm but the dialogue and storytelling was so fucking bad and generic blockbuster vidya gaem. For someone that played Destiny 1 I am sure it has more impact and resonance but for me dropped in medas res it felt unappealing.
-It felt easy as fuck short of just overwhelming numbers. Even the named 'boss' type guys during the prologue were just a case of 'damage, cover, damage, cover'. I'm assuming the proper dungeon/raid stuff will be different.
-The third weapon (your supposed to be super damage-dealer) had fuck all for ammo. Something like 3 shotgun rounds or 3 grenade launcher rounds.

It does feel like a shooter version of Diablo/Path of Exile >>388695608. Which is good or bad depending on your preference, but it's a novel feeling. Been ages since I played borderlands 1 so I just forgot how that feels.

If you got friends to play it with I am sure it'll be more ufn.

>>388697382
I think you're more potato than I am (i970 3.20 overclocked to 3.30 and a GTX 770), though I may be wrong, but it had pretty great framerates for medium with high textures. I am not sure if it was 60fps but for me I just care that it feels smooth not that it is 100% perfect smooth.
>>
File: 1484165122674.gif (591KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1484165122674.gif
591KB, 480x270px
>>388704512
>Subjective
>>
>>388695291
ITT : why do people play shit games? Is it because many other people are playing? You have so many fucking console generations to play and you choose to support a shit game, it boggles the mind
>>
>>388701224
They said they want stats to matter in this one.
If you want to be fast guardian speed demon.
Look for gear that is high in the agility stat
>>
>>388700691

I am pretty sure it's physically impossible for Fillion to not be marvel quipping. I actually found the moments when Mal on Firefly went all serious and straight-faced as fuck to be rather neat. Perhaps it would be lost without the contrast to being the usual dashing wise-cracking rogue he always plays but I think it'd be neat to give him the chance to be a more straight laced sort. Was he in ODST? Never played it but the video clips I saw of it seemed to have him be more serious business.
>>
>>388702875
What are you talking about.
There are two known ultimates for warlock.
Sunsinger
And
Nova bomb
Neither requires direct contact.and one is a cast and forget.
>>
>>388704696
The dialogue is considerably worse than the first game. It was pretty standard haloshit before with some relatively subtle cheeky shit thrown in. It was bland af, but at least it was a cool-ish kind of bland minus the fucking ghost. At first cayde was more like implicitly wacky than 100% coolguy comic relief.

I distinctly remember watching the commercials and thinking "fuck I'm glad the game isn't written like this". This new dialogue appears to be written entirely by those commercial writers.
>>
File: 1492058048070.png (231KB, 332x449px) Image search: [Google]
1492058048070.png
231KB, 332x449px
>>388695291
>>388699474
The writer is the same as fucking Ass Effect: Andromeda, and it REALLY shows. It's so bad, what little husk of a personality characters had in the first game has been eliminated, they are entirely new characters with even more cringeworthy dialogue, holy FUCK it's so unbelievably bad.

>>388704871
No, it's worse you can imagine. It's literally Gearbox-tier horseshit.
>>
What class is the most fun?
>>
File: ffs.gif (536KB, 381x512px) Image search: [Google]
ffs.gif
536KB, 381x512px
>>388702461
so why the fuck are you shitposting
>>
>>388704847
Who knows. People play dota, lol, pubg, and overcuck. Nobody plays good games anymore.
>>
>>388703503
Same reason Blizzard vowed never to do so in WoW (not sure if they ever finally did)...they think their customers are literal morons and would not understand and be confused and upset about why X skill does 1 billion damage against monsters but 100 damage vs players.
>>
File: 1503989480569.jpg (139KB, 1200x1703px) Image search: [Google]
1503989480569.jpg
139KB, 1200x1703px
I just played for about an hour on PC.

Boring.
>>
>>388705185
>Lumping Dota in with PUBG and Overshit

you better watch where you step dirty gaijin
>>
>>388705239
unfortunately the beta is complete ass and doesnt reflect the full game at all
>>
>>388704593
My concern is that you'll NEED someone with that ability. Meaning you won't be able to play alone.
>>388704698
>there has never been movie some people like and others don't
>there has never been a book some people like and others don't
>there has never been a show/song/play/opera/video game some people like and others don't
>we all have the same opinion
Come on man. No one is that stupid.
>>
>>388705217
>Blizzard
>think their customers are literal morons
Can't blame a brother for being so right
>>
>>388705106
Same reason you are.
>>
>>388704847
Its almost... Like... People have serperate opion on what constitutes "good"
Like... Maybe "good" is a subjective term with self imposed meaning.
>whoa
>>
>>388705262
how can you be so sure?
I want to buy it to play with friends but it looks so wrong.
>>
>>388695291
I mean I mostly agree but
>>revolver Handgun is more powerful than rifles
this is a positive
I'm a man who liked borderlands 1 revolvers, detested borderlands 2 revolvers, and have been searching for a better loot-n-shoot ever since
>>
>>388705256
>ITS A GOOD GAME WHEN I LIKE IT!!!!
>>
>>388705256
Anon are you saying that you have an opinion?
That you're not part of some huge consensus on what's fun?
>>
>>388704354
byproduct of it being peer 2 peer, likely
>>
Warframe
>>
>>388705450
People keep calling them revolvers but I don't think the cylinders revolve.
I think that's why they chose "hand cannon" specifically.
I think its some kind of rail gun.
>>
>>388705391
I just don't like mediocre shit having huge success. The marketing for this game is great, it draws people in, i'll give them that. Eurogamer is a subsidiary of destiny when the game is out,
>>
Are there really only 3 classes you can be?
>>
>>388705651
it worked for vanilla wow
>>
>>388697030
framerate goddamnit
>>
>people unironically praising the graphics
topkek
it doesnt even look good
>>
>>388702875

Did you really expect an fps to have you using spells instead of guns?

The classes only have their jump ability (double jump, float, etc.), class ability (dodge, rift), and their super.

There's also class specific grenade mods.
>>
>>388705293
The implications of my implications were that for one to think the new writing is better than the old writing they gotta have a severe lack of taste. We went from Shrek to Caillou.
>>
>>388695291

This so much

Where did they get their voice actors? Highschool drama class? Every time another character talked in that little tutorial I immediately thought of those voice actors that "play" a game live in e3 and narrate themselves

Absolutely awful
>>
>>388695291
>playing destiny for the pvp
>>
So Warframe is better?
>>
>>388705774
I don't think warframe is better than anything
>>
i'm glad they had this beta, i really dodged a bullet here lmfao
>>
>>388705449
i mean ive played all of D1 and the DLC, and the gameplay videos of EDZ look like what i'm looking for, which ofc we can't play in the beta
>>
>>388705750
really though, the PvP was glorious in D1, it's complete garbage now
>>
>>388695291
>Lack of enemy variety
You gotta be shitting me
>Three factions without any overlapping enemies
>At least 4 different type per factions
Its like you didn't even play after the story mission
>>
>>388695291

GRAPHICS doesn't make up for that massive shopping list of negatives, OP
>>
>>388705497
Sir, hold on. There seems to be a misunderstanding.

Nobody plays Dota and Overwatch for "fun" in 2017. They play for that sweet esports pussy. And Overwatch is the checkers to Dota's chess. No self-respenting poon tang hunter goes pro in checkers.

And PUBG clearly ain't getting anyone any ass, what with the whole "winning by hiding on a hill" thing and what not.
>>
>>388705808
same, on the other hand its bad because im forced to go back to The Division with it's retarded devs

maybe Anthem next year...lol
>>
>>388705808
this pretty much

>>388705774
warframe is trash
>>
>>388705098

Oh I played the prologue it really was as bad as you say. And you people who played the first destiny >>388705094 can attest to a before/after comparison more than I can.

>>388705217

I don't do PVP anymore in FF14 since stormblood because the new PVP gear is dogshit and I got everything I needed but I liked how they begun to balance PVP separate from PVE. It was the case before with differences in potency but now the actual abilities are streamlined as in the past PVP favored non-combo classes like bard.

>>388705185

We went from the glut of MMORPG games to a glut of ASSFAGGOTS to a glut of Open world survival games and are now poised for a glut of FPS pseudo-assfaggots like Overwatch (Destiny 2 is not quite it but it's approaching it).

The living shall envy the dead.
>>
>>388700691
>>388700989
Someone should dub the Tidus laugh over the intro mission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cyx6nWdFas
>>
>>388705750
>playing FPS games for PVE with braindead bulletspongy enemies that provide zero challenge
>>
File: 1492840608121.png (4MB, 1790x2117px) Image search: [Google]
1492840608121.png
4MB, 1790x2117px
Someone for fucks sake make the franchise Destiny should be.
>>
Will game reviews talk about the terrible dialogues?
>>
>>388706069
what else then?
if i want PVP i will play an actual PVP game like Call of Duty
>>
>>388706097
Fuck no.
>>
>>388706097
No, they will say they're witty and funny.
>>
Is warframe a good destiny? Playing this beta made me want to try it.
>>
>>388705870
It's okay. The meta was extremely unfun to play and fight against at all points in the game. Biggest thing I don't get is that so many people are happy titan skating was removed but don't understand that what we'll get instead is a much more boring, slow moving, mid range center map control style of play rather than aggressive rotations/pushes and super fast disengagements.

Like looking at the current meta right now what's more unfun to fight? A stormcaller zoning and controlling the map from the center abusing their melee and best super in the game or a striker doing rotations combined with speed, gunplay, and lightning grenades?
>>
>>388706076
>>388705946
Oh shit I forgot about Anthem. It aint much to bank on but by Sue it's all we got.
>>
Anyone tried using one of those mouse/keyboard adapters for consoles on the PC? I heard that you could get mouse control with the controller's aim assist by duping it into thinking it's a 360 controller. I wanna know if I should be crying about it or not.
>>
>>388705951
>>388705803
Warframe is fairly popular on steam, I think it's in top 10 games by player count. Yet every time someone mentions it here on /v/ people always criticize the game harshly. What's the appeal then?
>>
>>388705890
to be completely fair all the enemies are too similar to feel different
literally the only one i can say that feels different are the melee creatures but even then the only unique one ive seen is the gladiator other than that they mindlessly run at you with no sort of mechanics or abilities
>>
Please, this game isn't optimized for shit. my frame rate fluctuates wildly from 45 to 120.
>>
>>388706275
>What's the appeal then?
its FREE
>>
File: 1501173678430.png (307KB, 427x559px) Image search: [Google]
1501173678430.png
307KB, 427x559px
>Optimization seems good
Except it doesn't fucking work at all on a 1060 card. It runs at 15 goddamn FPS
>>
>>388706290
sounds like you built a shit rig m8

my friend runs a toaster and he gets 60fps solid
>>
File: 23jqt1f[1].jpg (181KB, 1599x664px) Image search: [Google]
23jqt1f[1].jpg
181KB, 1599x664px
>>388705262
>beta doesnt reflect the full game
>>
>>388706290
yeah same here
meanwhile i get stable 100+ FPS in The Division on highest settings and that game also looks better a lot

its obvious journalists are just sucking Bungie's cock
i mean even the in-game cutscenes are locked at 30fps
FXAA, SMAA or MSAA, no x2,x4 etc
decent port my ass
they couldnt even bother to unlock the FPS for cutscenes
>>
Game feels decent on PC, but theres no way I'm going to waste my money on such a scam again considering they've already announced the expansion pass and that the game only has one raid.

Literally Destiny 1 all over again.
>>
>>388706218
they just took away my casual 6v6 and im angery
>>
>>388706329
something wrong on your end. I have 1060 and got 100fps on medium.
>>
>>388695291
>lack of enemy variety

That's just the Cabal that you're referring to. There's also the Fallen, the Vexx, the Hive, Taken, and Splicers.
>>
>>388706383
you fucking ballsack, i mean in terms of content.
>>
>>388705632
Anon you can change whatever word to whichever other word. But it still comes down to that being your subjective opinion.
Its fine to have it, there's a lot of people that agree with you. But there's also a lot that disagree. That's what makes it an opinion.
>>388705726
Taste is subjective anon. It doesn't matter if you "meant" that the writing is worse than the first one. You are not a consensus. You're one guy in front of a monitor. For you sit there and say
>your taste is bad if you prefer this because I think it's worse
Shows just how our of touch you are.
personally I prefer the increased dialogue over the first game. The first game had 80% of its story and dialogue cut.
Additionally I know most of the playerbase likes the new dialogue
>>
>>388705929
You need to re-read your post over and over again until you understand what's wrong with it.
>>
>>388706513
Yeah no shit, even though it appears to be using the GPU, it seems like it's outright ignoring it as I should be getting at least 60FPS on the highest setting if people with 970s can get 80FPS on High
>>
>>388706542
Shrek
To
Caillou
>>
>>388706383
i remember when people said that about FF13 its just a demo the whole game wont be a straight corridor you idiot and then FF15 dude its just the duscae demo the worldmap will have several different flora and fauna.
Lol
>>
Can't even get past the tutorial because of connection bullshit.
Din't want to buy it anyway, 100 bucks for reused assets and cut content from Destiny 1
>>
>>388706271
I didn't try for this game but I did it on the Black Ops 3 beta and everyone said I was a hacker and was easily getting a 10 kdr. So you probably should be pissed as it'll make PC PvP a joke.
>>
>>388706534
>ballsack

I laughed a lot harder than I should've.
>>
>>388706542
I can't take a destiny player seriously, sorry dude
>>
>/v/ says it's mediocre
How to tell if a game is above average.
>>
>>388706657
>double down guardian
If you don't have an argument. Don't post.
>>388706849
You too.
>>
File: 1367103948591.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1367103948591.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I went into Destiny 2 PC completely blind, never played the first game and barely knew the game structure etc.

The gunplay feels fantastic and really punchy. I wouldn't say the gameloop seems that great (though admittedly I'm not really that familiar with it) but using the guns felt really good.

Abilities felt a bit meh though, which was surprising.

It honestly felt like Halo for the PC, with really punchy weapons and great mobility tools.
>>
>>388706909
>Always do the opposite of what /v/ says.
80% of this board is fedoras trying to out fedora each other.
>>
wish there was more modes then 4v4.
>>
SUPPORTING ACTIVISION IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 2017
>>
>>388706626
Try switching to "Borderless Fullscreen" if you haven't tried that already. I had a similar problem and that seemed to unfuck my fps for some reason.
>>
File: 1497240664005.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1497240664005.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>388706945
>thinks Caillou is better than Shrek
>>
>>388706289
???
>Captains
>Teleports around in groups with vessers
>Goblins that starts a shield with its head right after you shoot them which can be shot off and rushes at you if it loses it
>Tentacles monster that floats around and shoot accurate lasers at you

You have to go off rail and do a bit of exploration for the third faction, but they all have their unique gimmicks
The only one that is even remotely generic is the main hostile faction, even then they uses weapons differently from time to time
>Incinerator lay fire on the ground as aoes
>Shield users have two shield mode
>>
>>388707162
Well the game was in Borderless FS by default and still ran like garbage, I already uninstalled the thing after fighting through the low FPS to get past Homecoming, the Director seemed to be running fine then PVP was fucked too so I just gave up entirely.
It seems my computer's hardware configurations just don't work with the beta build of the game.
>>
It looks really fucking nice on a CRT Monitor
>>
>Game has an amazing weapon feel
>wasted on enemies that do not react to it
Used the grenade launcher on enemies and they just stood still from the blast.
This is some Borderlands style of shit.
>>
>>388707215
You can keep posting it, with as many reaction images you want.
But its not an argument, not even making me
>le mad bro?
It's just sad youd continue to waste your time in a thread about a game you don't like.
>>
>>388706672
Don't even bring up FFXV. Square lied to me for 10 fucking years with story trailers that nowhere near reflected the final product.
>>
I was only interested in the PvE so I didn't play much. Would probably get this whenever it has a substantial price drop, it wasn't bad.
>>
>>388707471
Didn't happen to me.
But even still cabal weigh like 3 tons
>>
File: 1355129537841.jpg (64KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1355129537841.jpg
64KB, 633x758px
>it's a "but it's fun... with friends!" game
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
>>388707492
>>
>>388707612
>it's a "I don't have... friends!" post
>>
>>388706325
>>388706275
Nailed it.

Steam's top charts are absolute trash, dominated by underages and third-worlders.
>>
>>388707707
I get it.
That one was pretty good.
Not an argument, but funny.
>>
>>388695608
This. I don't care that it's Destiny 1.5, I just want more Destiny and that's what this is.
>>
Coming from thousands of hours in D1, nothing that made D1 fun and worth playing is in the beta. I'm not sure how much people expect out of a 1 mission/1 strike beta when what makes it fun is raids/endgame/pvp sometimes/weeklies.

Its an mmo in everything but name. Make no mistake.
>>
>>388707949
>yay I get to have more of the same game for more than triple the price of a regular full game 3 years later

I'm happy for you anon.
>>
>>388704864
Honestly the difference is pretty marginal and hardly noticeable. I went from full stack agility to resilience and a single point of regen and could hardly tell the difference in either survivability or mobility.

The CDs are a joke, running around for 5 minute without a nade is fucking atrocious and doesn't even happen in CS. Spawn timers are in the what the fuck are you thinking category with apparently CoD type spawn mechanics. To top it off it's 4v4 on a 3 point map which frankly isn't fun.

Balance is really awkward. Half the time TTK seems even and the other half it seems like I'm getting murdered instantly with no means to fight back. PvE seemed mediocre with the extremely lengthy CDs and seems excessively reliant on artificial modes of difficulty rather than designing maps around tactically reinforced areas for AI to attack out of.

I won't come to a conclusion until it's fully reviewed and there is a true understanding of the content and the quality and nature of it.
>>
>>388708138
yeah, retards like this are why shitty practices like season passes, "on-disc" dlcs, cut content to release game earlier, etc exist
>>
File: 1485193538167.jpg (144KB, 512x548px) Image search: [Google]
1485193538167.jpg
144KB, 512x548px
First time player, haven't touched Destiny

>16GB download for PvP stages and one PvE stage, plus the cringe worthy intro mission.
>air movement is completely stiff and floaty
>lack of movement options restricts bossfights to simple repeating of shooting and hiding behind cover
>gun balance (what's the point to the power weapons? there's no ammo, I picked ranger and GL does nothing while sniper rifle doesn't do damage above say the scout rifle, also lol hand cannons and shotguns.
>pvp might as well been some shotgun+deagle only low gravity server on CS plus ultimates plugins

am I missing something? meh
>>
>>388706203
Yeah it's pretty good. The art design is pretty ugly though.
>>
>>388697030
this. i beat D1 on ps3 after playing beta and liking it. never played DLC

This looks IDENTICAL to it, installing PC beta now so we'll see.
>>
>>388706203
Warframe and Destiny have very little in common aside from both being sci-fi themed games with guns.
>>
File: 1497258741230.png (107KB, 375x333px) Image search: [Google]
1497258741230.png
107KB, 375x333px
>>388708483
>gun balance (what's the point to the power weapons? there's no ammo, I picked ranger and GL does nothing while sniper rifle doesn't do damage above say the scout rifle, also lol hand cannons and shotguns.
>sniper rifle doesn't do damage above say the scout rifle

Why are you lying on the internet.
>>
>>388697532
And what do you like that is so good?
>>
>>388708254
Anytime you call out destinycucks for this they go full sperg and spout about how it doesn't matter that the game is a huge scam because they like it. I've never failed to post about destiny 1's base game without some teenager expressing how much he liked it despite it being a quarter of the game it should have been and having the rest sold back to you for triple the price you originally paid.

>B-BUT I LIKED HAVING MY CAR STOLEN SO ITS FINE
>>
>>388708254
>>388708254
It hurts me because I believed in Bungie all that time ago. I'm a simple PS bro and never touched a Halo game in my life but plenty of mates always tell me it's great and I did get to see them play it a bit at their houses so i figured "heck, if these chaps are so famous for their space shooting games and if it's got RPG stuff like Skyrim, then I'd be an idiot NOT to get this game"

and sinse then, Destiny has been my greatest game related disspointment in all my years of playing videogames since I was 7 years old on the Sega Genisis (22 now).it was worse than AC3 letting me down and the realization that dark cloud 3 is never going to happen. It's the game that taught me NEVER to pre order anything and to denounce ANYTHING the hype train throws at me.

The only thing that gave me a smile on the game was Cayde 6. I enjoyed the fact that he's the only person with any sort of flair and personality I can get behind. Everything else can burn away from my memeory for how forgettable and boring it was.
>>
>talking bad on Shaxx

he's honestly the best multiplayer announcer I've ever seen in a game. I guess I could see him get annoying to some eventually, but he's
>encouraging when you're doing bad
>occasionally harsh when you're just doing awful, but fair
>Goes from impressed as you mount up a killstreak to fucking ecstatic and genuinely hyped sounding as you hit ten and beyond, voicelines most people will never get to hear in a fair game

He has genuine character. I guess a "turn shaxx off" button wouldn't be the worst thing if he really bothers people.
>>
Its garbage, such a let down. I'm sticking to titanfall 2 for now.
>>
Is destiny worth it just for the pve?

I really liked the pve part, but the pvp stuff is fucking awful.
>>
File: Chris Evans.jpg (358KB, 2000x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Chris Evans.jpg
358KB, 2000x1087px
>>388697030
>Developers make a sequel that's different to the first game
>WAAAAAAAAH WHY DIDN'T THEY MAKE A CARBON COPY OF GAME 1 BUT WITH NEW CONTENT
>Developers make a sequel that's highly similar to the first game
>WAAAAAAAAAH IT'S LITERALLY THE SAME GAME REHASH REHASH
>>
>>388708938
Can't speak for D2 all that well but D1 was worth it just for PvE. Just understand that the meat of your experience will be doing raids, which are a blast, but also running strikes a lot so make sure you can envision yourself doing The Inverted Spire a few dozen times over the course of a few months without throwing up.

D2 is going to add a lot of features to the endgame routine via patrol missions and tweaks to public events which all sound great, but of course the beta doesn't offer any taste of this.
>>
>>388708187
I don't think the gear we were offered really showed off how stats effect you. I have no proof. But most of the gear that was earnable felt like low tier to be honest.
I can't argue with you with multiplayer.
I agree, I felt very unhappy with it. I think a lack of dedicated servers for competitive multiplayer was a huge mistake.
I wasn't a fan of competitive mutiplayer in D1 either
>>
>>388708483
>Lack of movement options
i mean you can pick between heavy armor, fast regeneration, or moving fast and every single subclass (3 for each guardian type) has three different kinds of boost jumps that have pretty different properties, plus slide. it's no bunnyhopping or titanfall 2-tier shit but there's stuff there
>GL does nothing, sniper rifle doesn't do damage above scout rifle
now you're just tellin' lies, GL requires multiple splash damage hits (or one direct hit) so it doesn't completely invalidate rocket launchers and sniper rifles hit WAY above the scout rifle's weight class
>>
>>388708483
I think you watch gameplay and researched a little. But I don't believe you played. Your post just seems to lack intimate experience. It reads like a regurgitated post.
>>
>>388706203

Warframe is a good nothing. The Warframes themselves are actually good but there's no real point in using them.
>>
>>388709376
fuck operators honestly

literally the worst idea of all time, what were they thinking
>>
>>388708995
The amount of copy/pasting here is unprecedented so I'm not sure what you're referencing.
>>
>>388709426
Fuck all of the following:
>Nitian Extract
>Operators
>Focus
>Transferrence
>Kuva

And whatever other mechanics they've added to make the game needlessly complicated since I quit
>>
>>388708675
How so? they both have 200 attack on weapon stat. The scout rifle just shoots faster and does less damage per shot. It's still same in the end. The difference is sniper rifle needs to reload after 5 shots and you run out of power ammo after 2 reloads.

I dont think Ive ever had more than 6 total ammo for the GL. Or was it 3? The splash isnt huge, you wont hit more than 3 guys tops the way theyre positioned and it doesnt do much damage either.
>>
>>388708814
If can't possibly imagine being this brain dead.
It's seriously like you spend the entirety of your time here, if you don't know what you're talking about don't post.
It's fine to not like something, but stop drinking the /v/ koolaid.
>>
>>388695291
>linear level design
we have one single strike
beta, and again one strike
one strike
>>
>>388706971
the problem I have with the game is that most of the enemies are a non-threat and most of the raids are just about being able to do a shitload of dps, it was that way in D1 and it looks like it'll be that way in D2. Also Bungie found a way to create AI dumber than Halo CE's.
>>
>>388695291
just finished the beta
people are hyped by this.
you can keep you game console bros
>>
>>388709534
lol spot on
>>
>Just started downloading
>16 gig size
>144 kb/s
Is this because so many people are trying to download it at once? At this rate the beta will be over before I can play.
>>
>>388709258
Nothing on the open beta explains to me how to slide. I picked ranger and all I can do is to do the retarded floaty feeling double jump with near zero air control afterwards.

>do the first pve thing
>try to ult on the boss after he removes floor the first time
>he just knocks you back
>reflexively press jump in midair
>zero fucking air control plus the momentum sends you straight out of the platform and instaded
>revive orb is somehow still pretty near the boss
>some guy revives me
>boss does the pound shit and I get sent instantly out of the platform again and ded

fucking wooow
>>
>>388709258
>>388709714

also as the other guy mentioned
>feels literally no fucking difference if you pick all fast or if you pick all armor on loadout
>>
>>388709714
Its pretty amazing how little the game explains about shit. I guess devs thought that everyone played the first game even though it wasnt on PC.
>>
>>388709534
I just jump into these threads every couple weeks to spread the good word about how much of a scam Destiny is and to advise potential buyers to not listen to children like you and save their money.

Remember guys, Destiny 1 launched as a quarter of the game it should have been and the good stuff was sold back to you for triple the price you already paid. Activision have already announced the exact same thing is going to happen with Destiny 2 (no joke, they genuinely announced the same season pass and content amount for D2 that D1 had).

I wouldn't care if it was just another shitty cash grab game, but Destiny has massive potential and an extremely great setting, visual style and gunplay that is utterly shat on by activisions business practices. Don't fall for their scam.
>>
>>388709714
like every game with slides ever made, sprint and then hit crouch while sprinting to go into a slide

yeah trying to attack a boss with anything melee even a super has always been risky business in destiny

the solution to that one knockback attack is to jump as he does it or sit on the platforms, getting hit by it is supposed to fuck you up or at least be something you can't easily recover from.
>>
Never played the first one, but it definitely feels like good to play. My only real gripe with the game is going into ADS takes too long.
>>
>>388709496
>Fuck all of the following:
You forgot Archwing
>>
>>388709873
This. I only go to war because I see Destiny as a hot wife of an abusive husband. It don't deserve this.
>>
>>388709989
>going into ADS takes too long
This is a weapon-specific characteristic. Try changing the scope that weapon is using or using a weapon with a faster scope. Slow weapon scopes usually have some tradeoff like increased range or handling, inspect your weapon to see what scope it has equipped.
>>
File: jontron2.jpg (47KB, 519x295px) Image search: [Google]
jontron2.jpg
47KB, 519x295px
>>388706203
It's fun if you play with friends but the game is one gigantic grind. You're forced to grind out levels even on shitty guns you don't want to use. They also fucking suck without the damage mods at level one so you can't use them on higher level planets if you want to continue progress with your newly made gun which took forever to make. To grind quickly you have to do this awful defense/survival maps and let someone who spent 1000 hours in the game power level your shit which is easily the worst part of the game because it requires no input from you whatsoever, soloing it doesn't gain you enough exp either.

I just stopped playing even after getting considerable progress in the game because it just wasn't fun once you realise how much of a skinner box the game is.
>>
>>388709997
Not that anon but Archwing is a fun distraction, or was when it initially came out. I remember liking the boss fight in it.
>>
Played so much Destiny on Xbox that the lack of rumble is really throwing me off on PC. But otherwise really enjoying it, aiming is so much better.
>>
ORYX LIVES!
>>
>Played Destiny 1 so I at least expected a decent quality game
>Play Destiny 2 beta
>It's literally the most boring shit because it's a glorified demo that starts you at level 20 with no customization or loot
>The dialogue is lol so randumb xD that it makes me physically cringe
>Enviroments with nothing in them to explore, you just gotta walk through a linear as fuck shooting gallery
>Playing on PC feels like im using a mouse and keyboard to control a gamepad. Aiming and movement is just incredibly tedious because its sluggish
>Can't tell weapons apart by just their icons, they all look the same

I can't believe I was actually on the verge of buying this before
>>
>>388710165
It was fun until they changed the controls.
>>
File: 1503766086959.jpg (10KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1503766086959.jpg
10KB, 400x400px
>>388695291
So i've download it
>start the game
>graphics failed to initialize
so, bungie says i need to update drivers
>updated the drivers
>error
>reboot my pc
>error
>>
>>388695291
something about this art style is fucking boring.
It's forgettable and uninspired.

After playing Doom, Destiny feels like a sugar free gameplay.
>>
>>388709506
The 200 doesn't mean they do 200 damage. Imagine that it's more like the gun is level 200. And in game modes where that matters (PvE, there are none for pvp yet) they will do more or less damage based on your average gear level.

In PvP, weapons have impact classes, impact is what really decides how much damage you do in pvp. For instance the sniper kills in two body shots and will insta kill anyone with a headshot.
>>
>>388710046
This. It feels like Stockholm Syndrome. I know this game could be more but nope, they show you all that land just to enclose you in a tiny space to shoot the same enemies over and over and over again until the next closed up space is released as DLc

>>388709873
And this.
>>
>>388710141
Cool, I wasn't aware of that, I'll give it a shot.
>>
Isnt the PvP literally P2P connections. Like fucking free asian mmo tier aka GunZ or S4
>>
>>388709714
A lot of that sound like your fault as a player. Partially them for not hand holding, but also you for being a dolt.
>how do I slide? In most gsmes it's run + crouch. But I refuse to try that here
>hey here's a massive boss enemy 500% my size.
>let's attack him with my shocky stick
>whoa he slammed me away better jump mid arch
>everyone knows jumping counters Newtonian force
The revive was your teammates fault.
>>
>>388706203
I haven't played that shit for years and just tried it again recently

>Frost still bubbles your shots away
>Then there's this fuck ass warframe which does even worse, preventing you from shooting
>Ember still steamrolling everything without you even seeing them
F U N
>>
>>388709506
>Not checking the individual stats on the weapon, only checking the power rating.

There's a reason the Nightshade rifle thing is better than the Showrunner SMG.
certain weapons perform differently
that 200 set power mark is for the beta, enabling "Fair." play.

however certain weapons do things better. and the customisation option change the performance further.
For example, I want to be a prick and ignore shields and armour. so I take AP rounds, this gives me more recoil but more damage, range and a bit of penetration power.
>>
File: 1489744779468.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1489744779468.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>388710518
>doing level 20 content
wew
>>
>>388710283
I take out the sniper, shoot the big sized fodder guys and he dies in 2 shots. I do the same with scout rifle and he does in 5-6 shots. Hand cannon kills in 3 shots. TTK felt like it was the least with handcannon. Sniper rifle runs out of ammo after 2 reloads. What did they mean by this?_
>>
Is there any reason not to use hand cannon?
>>
>>388710046
>>388710289
It's nice to see some anons with decent opinions.

When did it become okay for shit like this to exist, especially on /v/? I don't even give a shit about half of the stuff that people cry about these days. Loot boxes and paid cosmetics are fine for me if they're done right and dont feel excessive and I'm completely FOR DLC if it's adding worthwhile content to an already complete game for a reasonable price. Selling the majority of your game as DLC for a retarded price however is unnacepable and it baffles be how people defend it.
>>
It sucks.
It's pretty and setting is nice, but it sucks.
No gun weight, I didn't think i'd say this but handcannons felt heftier in borderlands.
no content
classes are exactly the same
weapons feel exactly the same
why did people play the first one at all?
there is no reason for this game to exist on PC, nobody will care, I don't
>>
>>388710248
There's a Windows 7 update you may be missing
>>
>>388710283
Not exactly right, but otherwise true.

The 200 attack doesn't mean anything, but it also means they deal the same DPS. Rarity doesn't mean anything in Destiny. For example, a level 20 SMG and a level 20 legendary scout rifle deal the exact same damage.

As an example; the SMG is doing 40 damage per shot and it's firing speed is 10 shots per second. Then compare it to the scout rifle, with 400 damage and it shoots 1 bullet per second. That's how guns are balanced in destiny, they deal the same normalized DPS (Taking magazine size into account, etc).

The reason why people think the handcannons are OP, is because it fits their playstyle. They want to make a quick shot from cover that has high damage per single shot. But that's a fallacy, because it takes the same time to kill with any other weapon of the same slot.
>>
>>388710679
I'm talking about PvP.

Weapon balance is last I checked fucked for PvE worse than PvP.

And yes, running out of ammo for your sniper is not exclusive to the sniper. Power ammo is just stupid like that. According to bungie they fixed it in a later build that we aren't playing.
>>
>>388695291
aim assist feels great on controller and xim4+m&kb.
it's a good thing the game is a bit slower paced so instantly killing people with the handcannon is very satisfying.
>>
>>388710785
no.
>>
>>388711073
>aim assist feels great on controller and xim4+m&kb.
are you being ironic?
>>
>>388709873
I want to educate you.
But there's just not point in it. If you really wanted to know happened to Destiny 1, you would know. If you wanted to know how Destiny 2 was improved, you would know. You're not waiting on anyone to fill you in. You just got nothing better to do. So you shitpost under the guise of.
>I'm trying to save people from buying the game
When we both know damn well our posts don't effect anything. This board and site are time killers. Nothing else.
I'm just thankful shitposters are trapped here. That they're not on the game, That they don't experience the good times.
They wallow in their own shit.
>inb4 mad
Tired anon.
Just tired
>>
So I've never played Destiny, but if this beta is anything to go by I don't understand why Destiny 2 is even a thing.
The movement feels tacked on, you can't sprint and shoot, you can't fly and shoot - you're in general very immobile.
I played the Titan-class, which I guess is a sort of tank-class? - With this class you can deploy a shield, but the shield acts as a wall for both you and the enemy, so what's the point? it gives no advantage since it's just another wall. Sure if you're in the middle of the open, but considering it's a corridor shooter as far as I can tell it really becomes irrelevant.
The "story" seems like a clusterfuck, and the meme-characters are obvious and obnoxious to the point of cringe.
I don't know /v/, this is just terrible.
Also
>start with +500 bullets for machineguns/rifles
>eight (8) bullets for the shotgun
Fuck you Bungie.

>>388706203
Gameplay seems more consistent than Destiny, in Warframe the movement is largely built around the combat, so the gameplay is a lot more fun - however it's still a numbers game, so you might want to consider your autism-levels first. Also grind to grind.
>>
>>388710785
It doesn't have the best TTK but it is the best weapon for a hit and run/jumping playstyle.

>>388710984
The 200 attack rating does not mean they deal the same DPS. The sniper does and will have a better DPS than the scout. Some weapons do and will have better DPS than the scout. Some will have worse.

I know people hate reddit but there's a sub called crucible playbook that had all the TTK's of every weapon in the console beta. They are different as low as .93 seconds on one of the sidearms to 1.4 seconds on some other useless gun.
>>
>>388711149
no it actually is nice. if I peek the same time as someone I will always win the duel.
>>
>>388710518
I wish.
Ember had >her survivability removed and her WoF is shit on missions that matters.
>>
>>388711254
that's not a nice thing anon, it's why games get abandoned on PC
Destiny 2 has no future on PC. It's not what people expect from FPS, it needs to be more manual
and have a fuckton of content because PC players plow through content very fast, there was no reason to port it to PC at all
>>
>>388711225
>>388710984
>>388710785
Speaking of which. Here is the the google doc I was talking about. It doesn't have power weapons because they are self explanatory in how they kill in addition to having much harder things to test about them. (shotgun OHKO range, blast radius on grenade launcher and rocket, projectile speed/spread on fusion).
>>
>>388710248
Had the same issue, get "Microsoft Update KB 2670838" it's in the optional updates and is about 11mb, fixed the issue for me.
>>
>>388711416
God damn I am retarded.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y_srme9MAL455g60sdu-wAoYMA4_yfmw6xtV5NN9Lew/edit#gid=0
>>
>>388710204
>Played Destiny 1 so I at least expected a decent quality gsme
>Play Destiny 2 beta
>It's literally the most boring shit because it's a glorified demo that starts you at level 20 with no customization or loot
Literally loot Literally customisation. It was limited because it is meant to test the network and balancing. This is not a argument against the game this needs to stop being a point in every post. It doesn't even make sense
>The dialogue is lol so randumb xD that it makes me physically cringe
Where? Who? When? Got any quotes?
>Enviroments with nothing in them to explore, you just gotta walk through a linear as fuck shooting gallery
You can explore plenty in inverted spire. People are still uploading videos of what they found. Your just a sheep and followed the marker exclusively
>Playing on PC feels like im using a mouse and keyboard to control a gamepad. Aiming and movement is just incredibly tedious because its sluggish
I don't understand. Some say it feels good others say it feels clunky or slow. This might be a valid complaint for you
>Can't tell weapons apart by just their icons, they all look the same
This is a problem unique to you
>>
>>388709436
it's like saying Uncharted made 4 identical same game 4 ttimes because the game is the same.
nigger, destiny 2 have different base,different guns, different maps, different enemies to fight.
Just because they run the same mechanics doesn't mean they are the same game.
>>
Loving every laugh when PC Master race gets baited like we console scrubs did 3 years ago.
>>
Never played Destiny 1 but I liked the concept.
Is this game worth 30 bucks if I'm new to the franchise?
>>
>>388711652
I don't think that not having played D1 is going to be much of a problem. Just realize what you're getting into, it's a loot grind.
>>
>>388705703
>Did you really expect an fps to have you using spells instead of guns?

Why the fuck not? Are you under the assumption that having access to spells is rare in an FPS?
>>
>>388711608
>free beta
>baited
Sure into wasting my time, but I still have my money.
>>
Byt he way on the topic of PC performance.
It's good, on my 390 at 1440p. Yet again "tech" journalists fail me. All I had to do is set light shafts on medium. And wow 60 fps out of nowhere.
>>
>>388711212
The full-size wall is good for pvp because it cuts off an entire area so anyone in that direction has to run up on you to do anything. For pve, you use the chest-high wall because of the auto-reload and the crouch-peeking feature.

The Warlock's fire subclass can float+shoot; it's the main gimmick of that subclass' default ability set.
>>
Whats the best class?
>>
>>388695291
Great visuals and optimization, but thats about it, i could play BF1 or SWBF with unrivaled graphics and sound design but i wont
movement just feels floaty and awkward, guns aren't satisfying to use, 4v4 only, no dedicated servers (?), bullet sponge enemies, grinding and just feels extremely generic in general
your typical console doodoo shooter, $20 is all im willing to pay, and thats for the GOTY edition or whatever contains all DLCs
>>
>>388711565
i mean not that anon but i actually had significant problems with uncharted 4 specifically because it felt like the same damn game i've played three times before
>shoot some guys behind crates with a pistol or a rifle or a grenade
>there's a big guy with a machine gun or shotgun who you have to be careful while fighting
>we haven't improved the AI at all, they still track you behind cover and are basically just running shooting targets who know how to throw grenades
>BIG SCRIPTED SETPIECE
>climbing
>some more climbing with witty banter and slight character exposition while you climb
>drake climbs some more and SOMETHING HE'S CLIMBING BREAKS WOAH WOAH JUMP TO SAFETY
>continue climbing a little more then more shooting
>weird final boss with difficult to get the hang of swordfighting mechanics out of fucking nowhere that's actually kind of neat because it's so bizarre and uncharacteristically challenging in a fun way compared to the rest of the game

Destiny 2 changes up how weapon loadouts work, weapon balance, class abilities, how armor works, and adds new guardian abilities like the mobile cover for titans and the rifts for warlocks among other things that actually change up the gameplay in an interesting way, I think. The base gameplay is the same "shooting a slightly larger minotaur" destiny, but they've definitely changed things.
>>
>>388711774
I'm also on a 390 and it's pretty consistently 60fps for me, but it drops when I participate that big fight between Fallen, Vex and Cabal at the beginning of the strike. I'll try the light shaft thing.

>>388711835
There isn't one. Try them all.
>>
File: black matt.jpg (20KB, 445x549px) Image search: [Google]
black matt.jpg
20KB, 445x549px
Who ever made the default keybinds has autism and has never played an FPS on PC
>Q is grenade
>E is melee
>F is super
>V is class ability
They tried to copy Overwatch binds but when you have 4 abilities it doesn't work
>>
>>388711169
I don't need educating. I played every piece of content in D1's base game and quit after vault of glass. I've also played through the D2 beta and the only evidence I need to back up my claims is the fact that Bungie announced an expansion pass and that the game has the same amount of content as the original. Remember guys, posters like this will try and convince you that people like me don't know what they're talking about, but only you can make the decision to save your money!
>>
>>388711719

D1 beta had patrol and much more to show for and it was pretty much what vanilla D1 rolled out to be. D2 has shown very little even their YouTube channel keeps uploading same gameplay clips. Won't be first time Bungie lied and held back content just for DLC. D2 has some rocket launcher people found in TTK DLC files. It's gonna be same shit but now PC players can suffer as well.
>>
>>388711893
c is for melee, what?
e is use

how hard is it to rebind? is this your second pc game after overwatch?
>>
>>388711880
always keep light shafts at minimum possible, or just disable it
it's nvidia tessellation out of ass feature
>>
>>388711941
The game has the same amount of content as the original, AFTER all the DLC got released. Actually, pretty sure it's a little more.
>>
>>388711960
Doesn't change the fact that it's retarded default setup.
>>
>>388711956
nobody going to buy it after this beta
I had mild interest, all of it is lost.
>>
>>388712024

wow it's fucking nothing

>Go to place
>Scan a thing
>Fight waves on enemies while your ghost scans the thing
>>
>>388712027
it's near you fingers? how is it retarded?
I always bind everything around wasd
>>
File: 1503032395344.jpg (57KB, 438x445px) Image search: [Google]
1503032395344.jpg
57KB, 438x445px
>>388712152
the only correct way
>Q super
>E use
>F melee
>mouse 4 nade
>mouse 5 class ability
>>
File: 1504016847898.png (30KB, 550x233px) Image search: [Google]
1504016847898.png
30KB, 550x233px
>>388695291
dunno I like the gunplay stay butthurt mate. Reminder Destiny 2 and PUBG will do incredible well and you can be asshurt all day.
>>
>>388700406
>>/v/ has younger userbase than other major gaming forums/sites
>>larger percentage of manchildren
Pick one bungiebot
>>
>>388711704
but is it as annoying as WoW or a Korean MMO? and at least the gameplay looks more engaging than the mentioned above.
>>
>>388711941
Because you don't.
Game has been stated to have content comparable to Destiny with all expansions.
Has end game rewards, missions, adventures for after you beat the main game. These thing cannot be accessed after completing the main game. These are meant to hold you over between expansions.
Confirmed more free events to fill the gap as well.
All expansions are being worked on after the full game. Confirmed that it is unique content separate from the main game. Not cut content.
Reminder there are anons on /v/ literally to shitpost
>>
>>388712384
I haven't played WoW but it is absolutely not as annoying as a Korean MMO.
>>
>>388712148
Are you actually handicapped. Do you had aspergers or autism or something.
That wasn't even a fucking argument. It was just some random shit.
>>
Also
>show real name is toggled ON by default
>show real name
>shows name you registered on the blizz account when typing

nice idea
>>
File: 123123123123.png (435KB, 578x708px) Image search: [Google]
123123123123.png
435KB, 578x708px
>No power weapon control, just use your skinner box raifu of choice :^)
What the fuck happened to Bungie?
>>
>>388712485
blizz fault for adding this shit shame Destiny 2 is not on steam and you have to use the shit client for 1 game.
>>
>>388712415
Sorry. "Before" not "after"
>>
File: maleosome.jpg (115KB, 700x696px) Image search: [Google]
maleosome.jpg
115KB, 700x696px
>start up beta on PC
>"oh that music and the SFX are pretty loud I can't hear the voices well. Better change volume"
>go to audio settings
>game only has one "volume" option
>music option is "on" or "off"
>mfw

How terrible can you be at making games?
>>
>>388712421
Couldn't try it yesterday but I will today. I'm just looking for a decent game for 30bucks to pkay here and there with some people without worrying too much.
Was hoping for it to be enjoyable enough to keep me playing for some time until the next expansion rolls out.
>>
>>388704512
>Enemies are more agressive on higher difficulties but I still agree with you
From my experience all they did was spawn more ebemies, give them more health, and have them hit harder
>>
File: 1497851175425.jpg (26KB, 440x586px) Image search: [Google]
1497851175425.jpg
26KB, 440x586px
>>388695291
Can I get the beta on PC if I didn't preorder?

It's not really an 'open beta' if you can't get it without preordering.
>>
>>388712598
Yes. It's been public since yesterday morning. Preorder was just for an extra day and preloading it.
>>
>>388712598
Yes you can brainlet.
Literally just download the game and play.
>>
>>388705391
...whoa...look...at all these...ellipsis that im...using. Look at how...cool...i am
Go...back to...reddit you...nigger
>>
>>388712585
Where did you find it for $30?
>>
fucking hell, the game runs so smooth on PC, like actually holy shit it looks and feels phenomenal
>>
File: 1500219762062.jpg (19KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500219762062.jpg
19KB, 720x720px
>>388712639
>>388712647
d-do I need wangblows 10?
>>
Uninstalled after 30 minutes or so. Very boring, couldn't get into it.
>>
I've now played it three times through with every single class and I might buy it. I kinda feel like I shouldn't since I know exactly what kind of an cash grab it is, but it still tickled all the right spots for me. I'll wait until it comes out and see what I'll do then.
>>
>>388712415
AHAHAHAHAHAHA. And you believe it!?!!

What proof is there that what is avaible on release isn't as minuscule as D1 vanilla? There is none, what your imaging is that after ANOTHER 3 FUCKING YEARS, D2 will be complete like D1 was after 3 years

I refused to be scammed again. You've already given yourself no up to activiosn, only you can save yourself but you won't. You're already getting the pass and preorder deluxe edition. Fuck off you bloody shills.
>>
>>388712693
No, but you may need a Windows 7 update to make it run.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805
>>
File: 1408303094062.jpg (43KB, 405x420px) Image search: [Google]
1408303094062.jpg
43KB, 405x420px
I'm waiting for the console version to release and for people to show how much content there is and if it's good.

if it is good, i'll get the game for half price on cdkeys for PC

eazy peazy
>>
>>388712730
don't forget the beta is missing like 90% content.
>>
File: bw3.jpg (85KB, 808x465px) Image search: [Google]
bw3.jpg
85KB, 808x465px
How much content is there in the pc beta?
Couple of hours left before I get home from work to try it out.
>>
>>388712882
One story mission, one strike and two PvP modes. No patrol area like D1's beta.
>>
how much time do i need to try out everything in the beta? one evening enough?
>>
>>388712485
This shit
>Try PvP after strike
>Type in chat
>Anna-Karin ******* : ************
>game derails from normal play from here
>>
>>388712958
More than enough
>>
>>388712503
I'm confused. Power weapon control is still in multiplayer. What do you mean exactly?
>>
>>388712958
One hour is enough. Theres literally no content
>>
>>388712916
Cheers.

>>388712856
>tfw turbo jew
>only money for one triple A game
>not sure whether to get d2 or cod ww2
Right in the first world problems.
>>
>>388713015
>even thinking about supporting CoD
But now that I think about it, D2 is an Activision game too so fuck me and you I suppose.
>>
>>388695291
>Not quite doom 2016

Nigga wut

Doom looked fucking awful, it was all industrial areas and brown. At least this has some fucking colour.
>>
>>388713015
don't fucking buy cod, what is wrong with you.
>>
>>388712693
No, but a common error is fixed by applying this update "Microsoft Update KB 2670838".
>>
PC release is already behind console release so there's nothing to gain by getting the game early anyway.
There's no reason to even pre-order the thing on PC.
Just wait and see how's the game later on and/or wait till the price drops or something.
>>
>>388712593
I didn't know you could change the difficulty in the beta
>>
File: 1461421676628.png (228KB, 1192x830px) Image search: [Google]
1461421676628.png
228KB, 1192x830px
>loved hand cannons in D1, used them almost exclusively
>hand cannon is OP in D2 so everyone thinks you're a scrub if you use it
>mfw
>>
>>388712974
real name shows for you and only those you sent a separate request to share each other's names
>>
>>388713002
Power ammo control is in multiplayer.

You can stop someone from getting power ammo but you can't stop them from getting a certain weapon.

For instance you can't control the sniper rifle spawn, you can only control one of the power ammo spawns. The enemy could just get power ammo somewhere else because they already have a sniper. They just need an ammo spawn.
>>
>>388695291
Game is a fun time waster, good thing to play when you're bored. Nothing more nothing less.

And no, that doesn't mean I think the game is good.
>>
>>388712662
Why would you walk right into that?
What were you trying to prove?
>>
>can run the strike with below minimum CPU
The fps dips in the PvP are just too hard to compensate against 60 fps+ opposition. Between 30 and 55 fps in the strike.
>>
>>388712485
Only shows your real name to you and people you have added with real names. Tested this with a couple friends in a strike. It showed my Battletag on their end.
>>
File: 3363.jpg (292KB, 590x896px) Image search: [Google]
3363.jpg
292KB, 590x896px
>>388695291
good, I do not want to hear about your kdr like its the size of your clit
>>
File: 1476327588329.jpg (21KB, 218x265px) Image search: [Google]
1476327588329.jpg
21KB, 218x265px
>>388697623
>shooting feels tight
are you high or what the shooting and movement in this game are so shit PUBG feels like fucking Battlefield in comparison.
>>
>>388713120
Are you some crazy shitter? The most used primary are handcannons because they are objectively the best primary in D1. They have always been king since the release of the game. The only time they slightly weren't is the launch because folks were getting their bearings and using Suros.

Then we got, Thorn meta, TLW, hawmoon outperforming scouts and one shotting people, eyesluna, and now the most used primary in the game is Palindrome.

What the fuck are you talking about. They are just as strong as they are right now in D1 and D2 because they both require the least amount of headshots for optimal TTK, they both have the best air accuracy in the game, and they both have snappy sights, decent mid range damage, and the ability to use them for peaking.
>>
>>388712743
It must be hard being such a sad sack of shit.
I'm sorry for you anon.
My heart bleeds for you. Get help
>>
I only played cinematic prologue, couldn't stomach it any longer. It's blunderlands but less meymey and not as obnoxious. Now I know I didn't miss a thing when I didn't bother with destiny 1 (imblying I'd play with a gamepad).
>>
>every gun is a weak peashooter
>bulletsponge enemies
>skills feel awkward to use

i guess if you liked borderlands you would like this game
>>
>>388697382
It'll run.

Not great, but probably close to the console version.
>>
>>388713430
Bleed all you want faggot. You ain't getting my money.
>>
>>388712675
Friend of mine works at some local electronic store. They have some vidya and he does some shit (illegal I guess) and can get us products at a lower price. Never asked how he does it nor I wanna get myself involved, but he gets me launch games at half price from time to time if I want.
>>
File: 1500474413509.png (75KB, 150x190px) Image search: [Google]
1500474413509.png
75KB, 150x190px
>>388713534
>bulletsponge memer
>>
>>388706398
Are you fucking retarded? There is literally no need to unlock framerates for replay of pre-recorded non-engine material, fuckwit.
>>
>>388713430
Enjoy eating Bungies plate of shit that's the size of a pea. I'm sure if you're a good boy, they'll give you a doggy treat for desert.
>>
File: hold the fuck up.jpg (181KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
hold the fuck up.jpg
181KB, 1280x718px
>>388713394
>the shooting and movement in this game are so shit PUBG feels like fucking Battlefield in comparison
that's just objectively wrong
not the Destiny part but the PUBG-Battlefield comparison
>>
File: 1502769948140.jpg (263KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502769948140.jpg
263KB, 1280x720px
>>388713532
>>388713534
>its like x game
>its the dark souls of x
>its just like overwatch
I hate this meme. Cant you mouthbreathers judge a game normally without just demeaning it by just listing similarities to other games?
>>
File: Bait06.jpg (68KB, 650x524px) Image search: [Google]
Bait06.jpg
68KB, 650x524px
>>388713630
Now you've gon' done it anon.
>>
>>388713120
Everybody used hand cannons in D1 too dude. Were you in a coma for the entire Thorn/TLW meta?
>>
>>388713138
Sure, but unless youre a skrub you should be capable of getting both ammos.
Additionally in halo usually multiple power weapons spawn at once.
Both bases in any halo has a sniper and a shotgun.
>>
>>388713706
They have to make comparisons because a game like destiny is so fucking unoriginal, filled with endless fluff and soulless that they need examples of real games in order to keep things sane.
>>
It feels and runs much better than the first game ever did on PC.

Aiming doesn't feel terrible and everything is going at 60FPS
>>
>>388713648
Are you still slapping those sausages you call fingers against your keyboard?
Have a heart attack already.
>>
>>388713543
>shill meme
Don't reproduce
>>
>>388713706
benchmarks
>>
File: 1394185958173.jpg (39KB, 200x250px) Image search: [Google]
1394185958173.jpg
39KB, 200x250px
Guns feel like popguns. Revolver beats all.

Runs ok though.
>>
File: IMG_7190.jpg (38KB, 480x522px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7190.jpg
38KB, 480x522px
>>388713896
Aw, wishing for some random to have a stranger on an Alaskan bullworm spotting Broadcast site to have a heart attack. Aren't you a sweetheart.

Go ahead. Tell him anon. Tell daddy Activision and that you're winning.
>>
>>388713870
You're gonna blow your brains out when there's a Destiny thread everyday
>>
>>388713706
Go ahead and write your opinion on Lords of the Fallen without mentioning soulsborne.
>>
>>388713430
>>388713896
>Buy my game REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>388713825
>Sure, but unless youre a skrub you should be capable of getting both ammos

There's no way you're cross mapping with no mobility tech since it all got removed. There's nothing stopping the enemy from picking up power ammo on the other side of the map as you pick it up on your side.

Look I don't care about people having power weapons especially with the information the game gives you, but you can realistically only control one power ammo spawn, two depending on map design.

>>388714009
>revolver beats all

It beats all because people aren't effectively playing against it. It's TTK and range can be easily outclassed.
>>
File: IMG_7179.jpg (83KB, 489x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7179.jpg
83KB, 489x540px
>>388714032
Gee. I wonder what they'll all be about.

Pic related for anyone having regrets after getting destiny 1.5
>>
>>388713971
Makes you sound like you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about and you just want to rip on something so you make some generalization about it. You should work for IGN. I heard its basically the /v/ of game review websites.
>>388714039
You can do it, people are just lazy and would rather say "uhm well its a lot like the souls series but not as good" and complete invalidate the whole game upfront because its either now a copy of x or not as good as x. Its fucking lame. You make a snap judgement about a game you havent even played before and ruin the experience for yourself. The game could be shit, sure; but 80% of the people looking at a review for it will never know because they wont go any further now.
>>
>>388706069
>playing a PVE focused FPS game for PVP when there are literally dozens of other populated PVP focused FPS games out there
>>
>>388714015
>random
>stranger
Its anon
What the fuck were you even trying to say? Did you meme overload?
Are you so fat you had stroke while typing that out? What the fuck.
I'm dying over here.
>>
>>388714189
>rip on something so you make some generalization about it
???
saying "it's a bit slower than x but still faster than y" is a lot more accurate than saying "it's rather slow"
>>
game looks nice, plays nice, but everything else is so fucking lackluster, enemies either die instantly or are bullet sponges, the multiplayer isn't fun because everyone is using one shot handcannons and the raid is piss easy. They really fucked themselves releasing this beta, I was gunna buy this game now im not lmao
>>
So does this game have an open world at all? I expected to have access to at least SOME zones of the game, but instead I see three queueable activities and a pre-order prompt.
>>
>>388714086
>>388714129
>>388714159
This is what happens when you buy your autistic kid a computer
>>
>>388714242
The only way I'd be dead right now is from laughter. But reading your comments don't really make me laugh, I only feel pity.
>>
>>388714307
open world like guild wars 1
>>
>>388714314
I'm just talking about numbers and mechanics. I don't like destiny 2. Please read posts before you shitpost.
>>
>>388714129
>2 hand cannons require 1 headshot for the optimal ttk
why wouldn't everyone use it if it competes with guns that require 2+
>>
It's fun. Can't bother getting wrapped up in over analyzing every nook and cranny of the game like my life depends on it. I'll shoot some shit, I'll loot some shit, it will be a good time. On the scale of good to bad games, I feel like some of you guys forget just how bad games can actually get.
>>
>>388714321
That makes two of us.
Except for that one post where you couldn't decide what the fuck you wanted to say.
That I laughed, at your expense of course.
I feel I hit the nail on the head, you must really be overweight.
It the only reason I can imagine you're still replying. You want to get that one up on me. Your face probably got hit with embarassment when I said sausage fingers.
Go take a walk anon. We're done here
>>
File: ginger.png (18KB, 205x267px) Image search: [Google]
ginger.png
18KB, 205x267px
Are there any fashion in the game, new armor to find or is your character's look permanent?
>>
>>388714458
Because of range and lower TTK.

Hand cannons are very consistent and strong, or at least they were in D1. Now it looks like they will no longer have the best TTK among primaries. Along with significant recoil reduction on PC, lack of mobility/faster movement, and Mouse and Keyboard precision I would not be surprised if different weapons take their place as king.

>>388714630
You can fashion up your character.
>>
To the people that care about destiny 2 regardless of the people who despise it. I truly hope you enjoy it

I hope you enjoy the basic game having re exact same amount of content D1 had on launch

I hope you enjoy having your progress being wiped cleaned with each new content update and DLC release

I hope you enjoy being put in tiny parts of a somecalled expansive world and doing the same things and embracing you're insanity to commit to doing the exact same thing over and over and over again.

I hope you enjoy a shallow multiplayer that makes Cod look like a godsend.

I hope you enjoy it all as your invest 200$ minimum over the course of the next 2 years and feeling like your money was well spent.

Hope you enjoyed the beta and got those pre orders ready so that Bungie can afford to make the 3rd game and throw scraps to keep you guys happy until then.
>>
>>388714559
>It's not complete shit so you can't complain
Fuck off.
>>
>>388714597
Ya ya. I'm sure you feel very accomplished at insulting people over the internet and devolving the conversation to essentially elementary school level insults. At least I kept on subject, you just went after me personally in defence of your scam of a game.
>>
>>388714689
>Along with significant recoil reduction on PC, lack of mobility/faster movement, and Mouse and Keyboard precision I would not be surprised if different weapons take their place as king.
I agree with this

We also don't know the sizes of all maps so we won't know what is king until a couple of weeks into full release.
But right now the small control map on PC allows handcannons to dominate
calling it now, meta is going to be pulse and handcannon
>>
>>388712730
Every game being sold for money is a cash grab. If you had fun with the game, that's all that matters.
>>
>>388714947
If map design stays the same as it was in D1 you're probably right. The only difference will be that people will use handcannons slightly less and pulses more especially since you can roll both now.
>>
I've played around 1,300 hours of D1 on PS4 so playing this game in 60fps on a PC is almost shocking. I'm terrible at aiming with a mouse but even I'm having more fun with this on a mouse than on a controller - I feel like I'm clearing out groups of enemies faster, although not as efficiently because I'm not getting many precision shots. It almost makes me want to practice a PC FPS so that I can be better at aiming with a mouse for when this comes out on PC.

PvP is a fucking disaster, though. Tons of people seem to be exploiting the controller aim assist while using a mouse which is ruining the fun. I've never been into PvP but this is not going to help with keeping a meaningful base of players on PC.

My only real concerns with the PC version are PC players' willingness to stick with this game just for PvE when there are so many better options for PvP on PC, and the PC players' ability to organize and carry out raids without sperging. In my experience people who raid on PS4 are mostly adults who are down to earth and keep a cool head even when other players make mistakes. I'm afraid this game will end up being populated by the tryhards and mad nerds who play WoW and Overwatch.
>>
File: 1502105763667.png (13KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1502105763667.png
13KB, 650x650px
>>388714697
>I hope you enjoy the basic game having re exact same amount of content D1 had on launch
not true
>I hope you enjoy having your progress being wiped cleaned with each new content update and DLC release
WOW JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER MMO HOW CAN THIS BE?
>I hope you enjoy being put in tiny parts of a somecalled expansive world and doing the same things and embracing you're insanity to commit to doing the exact same thing over and over and over again.
like every other mmo wew
>I hope you enjoy a shallow multiplayer that makes Cod look like a godsend
Gunplay is far better than CoD or Halo
>I hope you enjoy it all as your invest 200$ minimum over the course of the next 2 years and feeling like your money was well spent.
The same amount does the average wow cuck spent and this only for his subscription
>Hope you enjoyed the beta and got those pre orders ready so that Bungie can afford to make the 3rd game and throw scraps to keep you guys happy until then.
I did mate.
>>
I can't believe it. How do you fuck up so badly that a game that should have been just the first one again actually plays worse than the first?
I feel like I'm going to throw up saying this but I guess I have to wait and see how Anthem turns out. I really want to experience those Borderlands 1 feelings again.
>>
>>388714597
If anyone should walk away, it's you anon. You aren't even trying to defend or talk about the game anymore, just throwing insults and death wishes like the autist you are. "Hurr derr, your fat"

Come on, dude. Grow the fuck up.
>>
File: BThumbsUp.jpg (77KB, 631x405px) Image search: [Google]
BThumbsUp.jpg
77KB, 631x405px
Good thing they run these demos before launch nowadays again. This game isn't for me. I expected way more atmosphere and at least a bit of exploration in PVE.

Still have Titanfall 2 for PVP.
>>
How do you do the bad ass landing when you jump from great heights?
>>
>>388715143
>overwatch

Surefour is a really good DPS player from an Overwatch team and he won 84 - 80 against a stacked team of some of the best Destiny players.

I for one welcome the inclusion of CS:GO, OW, and Quake pros to humble the Destiny "elites".
>>
File: 1471646330993.gif (3MB, 700x285px) Image search: [Google]
1471646330993.gif
3MB, 700x285px
>>388714697
>Some faggot is so butthurt that people enjoy something that he doesn't, he actually typed all this out
>>
>>388714697

At one point Destiny got so boring I unlocked 4th subclass known as Masterrace only to join lfg groups and show off my new subclass skills. Godamn this game can get tedious. TTK was good DLC but wait for next one killed this game. And it was reskinned y1 content PoE.

This was 4th subclass before Bungie nerfed TG cause lol PvP is hard and wombocombo Hunters should be main class.

https://youtu.be/srQc1NVKkrM
>>
>>388715320
>wombocombo Hunters should be main class.
What are you even trying to say? That Hunters aren't the worse of the 3 classes for PvP in the current state?
>>
>play through the beta content once
>try another class
>alt-f4 out before finishing the intro mission because of boredom
yeah naw, this can go fuck itself
>>
File: Cirno_Mathematician.png (2MB, 900x1179px) Image search: [Google]
Cirno_Mathematician.png
2MB, 900x1179px
Im actually happy that I tried the Beta and that Consoles are getting the game before PC. Why? Because I get to see how bad this game truly is on launch. I really wanted the game to be good so I could have something to play on the side but jesus was the Beta horribly bland

>Slow as fuck movement
>Cooldown Times
>Characters like "Definitely Not Taking That Quippy Deadpool Humor That Reddit Loves" Guardian
>Floaty Jumps
>Enemies are bland variety wise

I know some of you fucks are going to come out and go, "But anon its just one fucking strike you cant judge based on that" and to you I say fuck off, this Beta was Bungie's chance to garner more interest for the PC community and it fucking failed to do so. For the company that claimed it was letting go off its Major Franchise to follow the game they really wanted to make for the past few years they really dropped the fucking ball. I'll tell you whats going to happen with the PC community, assuming there even will be one to begin with, for Destiny. The few that are not turned away from the Console release and the known content will enjoy it for the first few months. Eventually the only competitor for Destiny which in this case might as well be Warframe will include new features to rival Destiny's PC presence, what do you know Open World this year, and people will flock to it cause it'll scratch the same fucking itch but without any of the DLC Costs. That game aint perfect either but at least it offers the Fun factor of FAST and once that scratch is itched they'll drop Warframe, ignore Destiny 2 and fucking move on to the next game.
>>
>>388715147
For someone that doesn't seem to mind MMO's and shooters, it's surprising to think that a game that fails at both of these aspects is still able to enjoy it

It's not nearly as world building and Immerse as any other MMORPG out there and the shooter aspect, well, you mention Halo and that's exactly right. It's pretty good but there's no depth to it. The PvP isn't something that's groundbreaking and it's notorious for a reason. If your not shooting other players in PvP, the PvE experience is even blander, as repetitive as a typical MMORPG yet doesn't quite grab you. There's no sense of accomplishment other than "hey look, I get to wear shinier suits and have nicer guns".

Idk. I just expect better from people, want people to want more, not less. But apprenlty, I'm wrong for saying this, asking for more and demanding better from Bungie.
>>
>>388715286
I couldn't care less about what pros play the game, they always stick to their own cliques. I mean having your average Overwatch player in a PUG for a raid.
>>
>>388715674
I doubt it will be much different. I've experienced some of my most magical moments in online gaming from Raids.

Like a guy broke down about becoming a father and how he wasn't ready or a guy beating his dog over mic long enough that it made a guy quit from how uncomfortable it was.
>>
>>388715638
>There's no sense of accomplishment other than "hey look, I get to wear shinier suits and have nicer guns"

This is every mmo you retard. WHAT accomplishment did you ever get from mmos?
>>
>>388715430

Look Trials. Diamond ELO players mained Hunters even after ability spam nerf. Titans and Hunters are most nerfed classes but they still do better than Warlocks. In D2 they look weak as shit but you never know how things work out. If they make that Striper super run faster it will be great. Warlocks got fucked with Nova Bomb and Dawn Blade will be forgotten once Sunbreakers get their subclass back.
>>
>>388695291
Singleplayer was ok, although the enemies were fairly easy to kill. Pretty much what every fps campaign is these days, although it did had the mechanics like the turbine where it gave you a break from all the shooting which is nice.
PvP is ok, feels pretty quick although 4v4 is kinda lame.
The strike was my favorite thing in the game though. I liked constantly moving from a area to area with each one being different from each other making it feel like you're not just running in the same area seeing the same shit.
Boss was pretty easy but cool.
>>
>>388715915

Controls - some of the keybindings were off, cant remember what they were set to but i remember changing F to melee, G to grenade, Q to secondary class ability and T for Super. Also mouse accelerating can we have something that goes up to more than just 10.
Graphics - People say its beta, but some of the textures look terrible. I mean literally no difference from consoles, if you're gonna do a proper pc build of the game atleast give us higher resolution textures.
Before people say "its just a beta, its not there" Well they didnt include it at e3 and gamescom as well. Better nag about it now, else when it comes out its too late.
Enemies - Nice variety, too little to judge on though but from the 30min gameplay of the first mission it was pretty good.
Boss - Felt pretty weak, had very few movesets,ranged attack, ranged charged attack, special attack and melee attack. Felt like they got lazy with developing the boss movesets and just want to cover it by throwing mobs at you.
Which was super easy to do, since you could just hide behind some cover and kill em without the boss being able to do anyhting about it. Personally i prefer bosses that keeps you constanly moving and focus more on the boss itself instead of hiding behind a object shooting at mobs because they cause more issues than the boss itself.
Like the ground attack was pretty cool, why didnt we see more of it at the third phase? Also why throw mobs at us instead of just increasing the boss challenge, have him throw heatseeking rockets/bombs on a person so people cant just hide behind a pillar. Instead forcing them to run else they get hit, it keeps it waay more exciting an on edge.
Why doesnt it have a aoe attack that forces everyone to focus on moving while at the same time attacking. The boss fight in the strike was literally stand behin a object and shoot mobs then the boss. 0 issues, 0 challenge,too easy.

In all it was a pretty ok beta, il be buying the game just for the pve
>>
>>388715798
Do not use Trials Elo as a basis for what's good and what isn't. Trials Elo is incredibly inflated because of the amount of people that play, the frequency when it was up, and people literally farming Elo that would give a win for the sake of Elo points to both sides of a match.

Warlock is without a doubt the best class for PvP. This is not a contest. Stormcaller has been king since nightstalkers got their smoke nerfed.
>>
>>388716061

You have a point about stats farming but I've played Trials since it launched. In y2 I got good enough to actually carry others. Played with 6 regular players and they mained either 2 subclasses. Only lately when Matator + melee was a thing they switched but as soon as Bungie nerfed special ammo they switched back. I've played against top streamers and all sorts of top tier players and Hunters dominate.
>>
>>388715784
WoW certainly used to make the players feel like they were apart of and had an effect on the story because THERE WAS a story that was happening (at least up until Catasylsm happened).

Guild Wars 2 doesn't segment the games and invalidate your work or bar you from new like destiny did and destiny 2 most certainly will with its expansions.

More than an MMO, this game was promised to be an RPG; instead of that, were literal walking corpses that don't or barely talk, have no real choice in what we're doing and we're simply walking across small portions of a dead world when all the interesting story stuff already happened and is written on cards that aren't IN THE FUCKING GAME. God bless that destiny app, amiright?
>>
>>388716467
>WoW
>apart of and had an effect on the story

What the fuck are you smoking? Honestly who cares about story in an mmo? Since when is story important here? Can you reddit fags leave?
>>
>>388714703
Not what I said, retard-o.
>>
File: stop.png (581KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
stop.png
581KB, 762x464px
god... the writing and the VA is just... something else... it makes me want to kill myself, what the hell were they thinking lol
>>
>>388710209
You can choose legacy controls for Archwing in the options, dumbass.
>>
>>388716653

Non-english va are doing their best(or not doing anything at all) and sound way better
>>
>>388716456
If people are pub stomping they'll use whatever.

Year 2 is a weird place for subclass balancing. But as it stands right now. Hunters are the weakest of the three classes.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJfMWJizno4

This is the biggest prize for a destiny tourney. It's 4v4 the only game mode where hunter is relevant. Both teams had a storm, both teams had a striker, and then one team had a sunsinger one had a voidwalker. Hunters are relevant for 4's because of Golden gun and it's unique ability to kill anyone on the map anywhere within sight. It's used to shut off storm and stop the storm's team from pushing.

Hunters do not have the same frequency of supers as a storm, speed, armor, recovery, worse melee, situationally better super, they are less effective with shotguns, ect. The list goes on. There is no role a hunter does better than a warlock aside from 4v4 use of a golden gun.
>>
>>388717107
i wish i could listen to them then, i'm stuck with the english VA atm
>>
Which class/subclass should I try for just dicking around?
>>
>>388717414
Dawnblade if they left this glitch in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRpdTeJfXOE
>>
Why did they put an open beta for 3 days in the middle of the week? Is this game only for unemployed people?
>>
>Go 0.8
Win
>Go anything above 1.0
Lose

At least maybe I'm getting slightly better?
Never played Destiny but I'm learning just sucks that every time I feel like I can actually contribute to my team it's a loss.
Obviously it's a beta so skill rating is completely off.
>>
>>388717553
Its a loot grinding game so yes it is.
>>
File: Destiny_Halo_helmet.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny_Halo_helmet.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>do strike
>the covenant is invading a halo installation with forerunners
>have to kill them both
>cortana's protector comes out and is the final boss of that strike
Wow
>>
Many of the complaints against D2 are right and it's far from a great game but I still really enjoy it, despite hating games like Borderlands. I'm going with the PC version for sure, the FoV in the consoles is atrocious.
>>
>>388717553
>having a job in the year 2017
>>
>>388695896
>>388695291
>graphics (perhaps slightly better than titanfall 2.)
So a game in 2017 running on its own custom engine is barely above a source game?
thats bad anon...
>>
File: Planetside-2-wallpaper-010.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Planetside-2-wallpaper-010.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>388695291
Maybe you should just come back to where it is safe. New games aren't always worth it.
>>
File: g1.gif (87KB, 173x65px) Image search: [Google]
g1.gif
87KB, 173x65px
>mfw the delay in Destiny pvp is longer than the...
>>
File: g2.gif (67KB, 129x64px) Image search: [Google]
g2.gif
67KB, 129x64px
>>388718728
>...delay between my posts.
>>
>>388713074
>factories on Mars look like factories on Mars

Wyldstar should've been a commercial success, how dare us.
>>
>>388701286
>>388701348

>even melee punching has a fucking cooldown
>>
File: 20170830_051928~01.jpg (1MB, 3667x2003px) Image search: [Google]
20170830_051928~01.jpg
1MB, 3667x2003px
Shit runs smoooth. Will have to get it on pc.
Also you can keep your opninion is meh, this is shit demo basically. You dont have any open zones, no upgradr system shit,side shitetc. I enjoyed first Destiny after RoI and if they improved upon game, that I dont aee reason not to buy. Im a sucker for grinding loot, but it has to executed good.
>>
>>388701348
abilities were way too strong in D1 because nobody can aim on console. guess they tuned them down a bit.
>>
>>388718942
aw shit, is that a k70?
ma nigga
>>
>>388711485
Not him, but Ikoras bit in the first mission with all the "You will take no more from us" was the cringiest shit I've heard ever in any game.
>>
Where the hell did the writers of Halo go? Surely they didn't write this turd and they couldn't have written 343i's turds.
>>
>>388696420
Basically world quests in WoW
>>
I dont think I can go back to ps4 now ://

>>388719063
ye boi
>>
It felt like an objectively better Warframe but somehow, magically, less interesting.
>>
File: s4dTtBy.jpg (86KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
s4dTtBy.jpg
86KB, 384x313px
>>388695291
New to Destiny, don't know the lore, and I don't really care about learning about it.
I didn't like PVP, feel the super-charged stuff is stupid. I'm not sure how they want to balance PVP, nor do I care, as if I wanted to play this game, I'd play it for the PVP.
I didn't like how linear the maps were, I feel it could of afforded to be a bit more open. I don't want an OPEN WORLD but something like Halo or something, big enough to take different routes, but not empty like most open-world games. I can't really comment on the story, but I don't like the cyber-face robot android guy with the revolver. Find him a tad unbearable from what I've seen, though given the Beta only involves him for a bit I'm not eligible to say he's a bad character. As it's not fair in my opinion.
I like the graphics, the aesthetics of the three man mission after beating the tutorial is really nice.
I'm hit or miss when it comes to the guns, there's some that look like complete shit, and some that look good.
I believe there's vehicles in this game but I think you need to unlock it? I'm not sure, If you do need to unlock it I'm a touch disappointed then, would of liked it if they just had a shitty one for you to use to start out.
I like some of the designs for the enemies, the others look like shit. My favorite enemy is the robot boss in the spire mission.
Over all I think it's okay, not sure if it's worth 60 dollars to me, but I'll have to see how fun it is when I can play with friends.
Thanks for reading this blogpost.
>>
>>388721538
>I'd play it for the PVP
Fuck, meant PVE, should of proof read before posting.
>>
>>388721538
>I didn't like PVP, feel the super-charged stuff is stupid. I'm not sure how they want to balance PVP, nor do I care, as if I wanted to play this game, I'd play it for the PVP.
Retard
>>
File: 1503643420558.jpg (46KB, 282x291px) Image search: [Google]
1503643420558.jpg
46KB, 282x291px
>>388721669
My retardation knows no bounds.
>>
>>388721538
>I believe there's vehicles in this game but I think you need to unlock it?
In the full game you'll have your Sparrow, which is like a hoverbike you can summon during patrols. If you just want to try any vehicle you can keep an eye out for Pikes at the beginning of the strike - just kill the Dreg piloting one and then you can take it for yourself.
>>
>>388713532
>Borderlands but less memey and not as obnoxious
Was that supposed to be a bad thing?
>>
why are the guns so huge in this game, the SMGs take up too much of the screen and they're not particularly good looking.

Anyway I thought it was fairly mediocre, if I had to compare it to another game it would be borderlands, despite having 3 skills compared to borderland's one skill the gameplay just felt like it was a standard shooter, the skill CDs are too long and they're not that great. I'm kinda tempted to buy it to see if the build variety at launch will make the game more interesting but if it's anything like it is now I would probably lose interest fast.
>>
>>388695291
Everyone was running around with fucking revolvers. 80% of the killfeed is revolvers. The game feels like ass and destiny 1 had awful balancing as well, so i'll be damned if im spending money on this shit heap.
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 79

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.