[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sad

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: TTYD.jpg (243KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TTYD.jpg
243KB, 1920x1080px
>Play paper mario 1 and TTYD back to back on emulator
>Replay them, but this time find all kinds a pointers
>Figured out how to do wonky shit like advance a storyline from ch 1 to last chapter just by memory-editing my position to be inside the teleporter building while in another building, then opening the door from the inside.

I don't even know why I bother. Obviously I try to get to the end of these games, but once I do I always feel sad. Like I want to play it more, explore more but...I've memory-edited the game so much already and messed with everything that's mildly interesting.

Do you guys sometimes get that empty feeling when you finish story-heavy games that you enjoy?
Sigh...
>>
>>388688872

Maybe try a challenge run, where you try to nerf yourself so you can have a harder time completing the game? Like limiting the number of items you can use, or partners, etc.
>>
>>388689050
I did that, I even memory edited my hp/fp/bp to not go up when I increase in levels at some points.
In TTYD superguard is OP as fuck.
>>
>>388689118

Perhaps stop using superguard?
>>
Try doing the pit again, without cheesing it. (no powerrush)

Have you ever beat the pit?

That shit was hard, it took me literally 1 hour and 30 minutes (you can't save) just to get to bonetail and I burned through all my items getting there, then you have to fight the hardest boss in the game.

It's like literally the hardest thing in a mario game released post 2000.
>>
>>388689490
I beat the pit at the beginning of the game...
>>
>>388689568
well shit.
>>
>>388689585
Yeah...it made the rest of the game way too easy to have those badges so early btw, so I didn't even bother using them until later on
Return postage is so fucking OP if you choose not to superguard (or just fuck up alot)

>>388689190
Man I've done everything under the sun in that game.
I should've recorded all the wonky storyline skipping/replaying. I can open that game, jump right into ch 5, then go back to ch 2 and continue that story...etc.
I guess they scripted the conditions not to check for previous chapter completion...then again why would they?
>>
>>388688872
I played through TTYD at 20 different times. Google a list of different badge builds. I try do a different badge setup each time. Reading through your thread makes me want to play it again, but I've done fuck all in it too.
>>
OP, are you perchance on the autism spectrum?
>>
>>388689776

You can still record it. I think it'd be enjoyable to watch you do the pits. Outside of that, you could do builds that are actively bad or screw you up. Like not using superguard, and using the badge that double dmg (I think that exists, but I'm not sure).
>>
>>388690381
Double Pain - yes I have done a playthrough with it.
I actually know how to assign any badge/item to my character, even at the beginning of the game.

You can actually enter an infinite loop in the game if you put on the defense plus badge (or something idr?) and you accidentally tell prof franken to demonstrate basic combat. The tutorial is scripted to detect when you take dmg or some crap, so if you hacked that badge and you put it on, you gota reset your game.

https://pastebin.com/hQp3gu03
I actually spent the time to make this by hand...and it's not the only text file I made.
Did you know you can put just about any item/badge into inventory or badge slots, including world items that you can't actually pickup? It's kinda weird.

I have a problem.
>>
>>388690927

For some reason now, I'd love to watch a LP of you playing the game.
>>
Here's my challenge, you must do an entire run using only these three badges. (You must keep using them as you get them. No other badges)

You must not use partners at all unless it's required (that yoshi fight.)

And lastly, you aren't allowed to level anything after level 10 except BP.
>>
>>388691798
Double Pain - Take twice as much dmg
Slow Go - Can't run
Jumpman - Can't use hammer but gain +1 atk
>>
>>388691532
Not going to do it, but heres another dump of a couple of text files

https://pastebin.com/Xch52Hpa

>>388691798
>>388691874
I may try it, but just not right now. I've had too much paper mario for now. Saving your post tho to see if I can do it when I'm up for it.
I've used double pain and slow go for complete runs before, but not jumpman. Also if you can't use spike shield or party members then you can't beat monsters that deal damage if you touch em.
>>
>>388692018
Only break the rules when required (if you have to fight monsters like that) otherwise, supergaurd can kill them right? (extra hard mode)
>>
Have you considered playing super Mario RPG?
>>
>>388692097
OH sorry I thought you didn't want me to superguard either. mmk then ofcourse it's doable
>>
Maybe you should try playing a different game?
>>
>>388692018
Btw that paste isnt comprehensive; it just the shit I bothered to type up (which I don't normally bother to do)

>>388692186
nah

>>388692424
There are different games?
>>
>>388692517
mario and luigi
>>
>>388692018
Interesting. Have you thought of playing then some others RPG? Maybe Mario and Luigi or the original one. If you're still looking for things to do in Paper Mario, maybe try a partner only run? Where you do nothing with Mario?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.