[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What I'm in for ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: Shadow-Warrior-2-07-HD.png (643KB, 920x430px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow-Warrior-2-07-HD.png
643KB, 920x430px
What I'm in for ?
>>
Dick jokes
>>
bullet sponges
>>
>>388688480
really ? k I'm asking for a refund
>>
>>388688228
i deleted that game after 15 minutes desu. its literally just another generic shooter, except the protagonist spouts quips every now and then.
>>
>>388688480
like "Borderlands 2" bulelt sponge ?
>>
this 2 have shitty "puzzles" like the first?
>>
>>388688228
Fast paced combat ruined by bullet sponge enemies.

>>388689083
Yes.
>>
>>388688228
Its fun to move around.
>>
File: bugs.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
bugs.png
249KB, 248x459px
>>388688228
Fun sword physics, lil wang being a serious sam clone that's surprisingly funnier, and too many weapons.
>>
File: 1470319456970.jpg (69KB, 417x405px) Image search: [Google]
1470319456970.jpg
69KB, 417x405px
>>388689273
since when too many weapons is bad ?
>>
>>388689917
Who said it was bad??
>>
>>388690049
you, when you used "too many" instead of "a lot"
>>
File: DFYuL9pUwAAz7da.jpg (51KB, 732x784px) Image search: [Google]
DFYuL9pUwAAz7da.jpg
51KB, 732x784px
>>388688228
Don't play on the hardest difficulty. I did and it turns into you being one shot while enemies swarm you. Eventually it becomes better when you get more skills (vanish) and figure out the good upgrades (crit chance + crit damage) but before then it's not fun.
>>
>>388688228

Really fun game with cool weapons, decent enemy variety and good speed. Its not really a loot shooter like Borderlands or Destiny since weapons don't really drop and its just weapon mods. Depending on what difficulty you're playing, the enemies can become massive bulletsponges that will force you to use specific elements which takes out a lot of the fun of having such a large and varied arsenal.

I personally love it, and although sometimes I've hated it (especially when they first updated the game to make everything more bulletspongey a few weeks after release), I think its a great game for what it tries to do.

The best way I can explain the game is that its basically a doom.wad in 3D.
>>
>>388691285
so the game is fun on easy ?
>>
>>388688228
Yeah, that's what you're in for.
>>
>>388689083
>>388688480
>>388689142
>>388691382
>>388691382

The spongeyness isn't nearly as bad as it was a few weeks after release. I've played it recently on the hardest difficulty from the start and found myself having to increase the insanity level every 10-20 levels because my DPS was getting too high. The game lets you choose your difficulty level at any point so you can just set it to what you are comfortable with and what your gear will allow. You don't need to play on easy, or even normal mode to have fun.

The problem with the "sponges" isn't that they take long to kill, its that they require specific elements to kill. And for some dumb reason there are no enemies weak to physical damage so basically everything you have will have to be attuned to a specific element and you will have to use that weapon against certain enemies. Say you want to slice up someone with your shotgun but its got electric gems, well, you're just fucked if the enemy you're fighting is resistant to electricity and you'll have to use another weapon entirely. That's not always the case, and certain melee weapons don't give a shit about elemental resists because their dps is so high, but its still a bother.

Again, its really not that big of a deal because you can just set your insanity level to whatever you're comfortable with. Enemies are only sponges if you want them to be.
>>
>>388691918

Also, enemies are only sponges when they resist the element you're using, they're not really sponges if you're using something they are neutral to or weak against. The problem is that physical resist enemies exist and have no real counters until later in the game when you get the Fujin.

Something definitely got patched between now and last year though. The game was borderline unplayable at one point and now you're bigger problem is surviving damage more than dealing it. You're more likely to find an enemy you can't kill because he one shots you than something you can't kill because you don't have enough ammo to kill it.
>>
>>388688228
Lots of wang and a game that gets repetitive quickly. Still enjoyable.
>>
I 100% it back when it released, now I'm waiting for a potential expansion pack to pick it back up again. Does anyone know if one is planned or not? Because last I played the game could really, REALLY use more map tiles and biomes, since I remember every single map being exactly the same, just having their setpieces arranged differently.
>>
>>388693146

There are 3 major maps in the game and they don't actually shuffle. Smith's house will always be in the same place for example. I don't know why they promoted the game as having randomly generated terrain when its more randomly placed.
>>
>>388693146

Free DLC with 13 new missions just came out last week.
>>
>>388693146

The game just got its final (free) DLC release last week with a bunch of new missions, weapons and skills. Its safe to say that the game is dead now, development wise and that the studio is likely working on SW3 or something else instead. They did end it on a cliffhanger after all, a sequel is basically all but guaranteed.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.