[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

What went right?
>>
>>388686852
A lot of things.
>>
What went left?
>>
>>388686852
not a lot; the combat is the most mindless dribble ever, and 90% of the game is combat
>>
Ah, Shadow of Mordor, also known as the fun verison of Assassin's Creed.

I can't wait for the sequel.
>>
>made the mistake of branding all of my nemeses
>final Uruk boss was some nobody that I don't remember fighting
>>
Not the sequel
>>
people will defend this

https://youtu.be/6AV9W2ZdmjU?t=10m21s
>>
>>388687596
This guy is a loser.
>>
The further you progressed it became exponentially easier, which made you feel like a good player.
>>
I just don't get why everyone praises the nemesis system so much.

In order for an orc captain to come back for revenge, you have to die to him 3 TIMES before you kill him (and of course if the kill animation beheads him he won't come back anyway).

There are basically only 3 ways this will ever happen:
1. You let them do it intentionally, which completely strips the mechanic of the "emergent gameplay" people praise it for.
2. You get an orc with the 1 hit kill and no second chance traits and accidentally let your guard down on 3 separate occasions. Rare, but possible.
3. You are absolutely dog shit terrible at video games and somehow cannot play bamham combat with your eyes closed and one hand tied behind your back

I was trying to get orcs to come back for so long and never could and wondered what the fuck everyone was talking about until I looked up how it works. Are you people all this shit?
>>
>>388687596
Can he make a video of him killing Graugs and Warlords instead of bottom of the barrel goons now?
>>
>>388688105
Everything has to start somewhere. I'm just surprised other iterations of the nemesis system haven't started popping up in other games. You'd think it'd be wonderful for a game like Yakuza.
>>
>>388687596
I don't disagree with him but he seems like a really annoying faggot
>>
>>388688752
agreed
>>
>>388688105
That's not true. There were lots of captains that I killed first time that came back.

In fact I killed this one guy like 5 times and he still came back for a 6th fight.
>>
>>388687596
>not progressing in the fight at all

You can also press pause. Is that breaking the game? side note: that dudes a faggot.
>>
>>388688363
Didn't it take an assload of work to perfect the Nemesis system? I'd like to see it in other games, too, but it may take years before we see something similar in a non-WB game.
>>
>>388689412
Fucking loved my first nemesis for this one reason. I kill him after he's done hunting a graug and then he shows up two minutes later looking for a rematch like nothing happened.
>>
>>388688031
that was literally my one and only problem with the game. difficulty was just right at the start and ended easy as spit.
>>
File: 1328034316576.jpg (45KB, 572x549px) Image search: [Google]
1328034316576.jpg
45KB, 572x549px
>>388686852
Does Black Speech even use the grave accent mark? Thought it only used the circumflex.
>>
>>388689637
Agreed. I tried turning off certain features in the options to give myself more of a challenge, but nothing really compares to my first playthrough.
>>
>>388687465
My first real Nemesis was this little fucker named Ratanak, tracked me wherever I went, whenever I was getting some work done, There he was
eventually executed him like the dog he was with a headshot, was hoping and expecting him to come back for the end, but he had been dead a good 30 hours at that point

Instead I got a fat Gothmog wannabe at the end
>>
>>388689772
yea I tried playing it again making it a point to only upgrade combat abilities and runes and stuff if I had too. Kind of worked but I got caught up in other games.
>>
>>388690085
>tfw my first real nemesis was finally killed by a caragor
>>
I thought this was xcom wotc
>>
>>388690652
>tfw my first real nemesis killed both me and my caragor

Judging by how the Nemesis export system works, I won't be able to fight him in SoW and that makes me sad.
>>
> tfw had one faggot that came back four or five times but he was always vulnerable to sneak attacks
it was a little underwhelming
>>
>>388691049
I had one guy who kept coming back but was always vulnerable to combat finishers. I had a good laugh every time I murdered him.
>>
>>388686852
Combat is as bad as the arkham series, but the voice acting and the overall atmosphere is great.
I would say a 6/10 would be fair.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.