[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes for good horror in vidya?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 495
Thread images: 94

File: footage-bear.0.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
footage-bear.0.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
People often say things like "no jumpscares", but I feel like there's a lot more to it than that. I feel like what often gets ignored, is the idea that enemies in horror should be really weird, ugly, grotesque, creepy or unnerving. Simply by looking at them it should make you feel uncomfortable and to want to look away. Too many horror games use generic/boring looking monsters or aliens, where they should be focusing on monsters that have really disturbing walking/movement patterns, grotesque orifices, eyes or cuts. Also, I would like to see games combine usage of different types of artstyles: for instance,a 2D enemy in a 3D space can be a very creepy and uncanny thing, yet it seems like hardly any games experiment with that.
>>
that was a good short film op
too bad the website basically revealed nothing last time i checked
>>
you know that part in bloodborne where there's an enemy chained up high somewhere causing your frenzy meter to shoot up and you don't know where he is and you start freaking it out

stuff like that
>>
they need to sound scary too

like how the regenerators in RE4 made that terrifying noise even before you saw that them

they don't necessarily need to make scary sounds before you hear them but when you do hear them it should fill you with dread
>>
File: 767678.gif (294KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
767678.gif
294KB, 300x240px
>>388682751
Ao Oni kinda did the 2D/3D thing and it works well in my humble opinion
>>
>>388682751
I have no idea what this video was about, it's more confusing than creepy or scary.
>>
>>388682751

I want a game where you're walking in a big house with no music. And you start to notice little things that look out of place, like maybe a chair has moved or something
>>
What I'd like to see is a horror game set entirely somewhere well-lit, like an office

>>388684134
Good in theory, but banks on the players having good observational ability
>>
>>388684073
It's a weird critique of excessive and unnecessary American drug commercials. The allergy meds were a stand in for those drugs that are supposed to make antidepressants more effective but list suicide as a possible side effect. The doppleganger of the main character represents her addition to these drugs, and how they're taking over her life.
>>
File: 1490752701169.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1490752701169.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>388684134
The closest thing to that that I can think of is Anatomy, but from what I remember the spookies in that game are not really what you described.
Your post reminded me of when I played Gone Home. I thought it was gonna be a horror game and pic was me when I got to the end.
>>
>>388682751
unpredictability and situations that the player must solve using the tools at their disposal. some form of resource management to keep an element of hesitation into encounters as well as a reason to fear death

which very few fucking horror games have done
>>
File: 1502842519149.jpg (18KB, 379x374px) Image search: [Google]
1502842519149.jpg
18KB, 379x374px
>>388684869
>those drugs that are supposed to make antidepressants more effective but list suicide as a possible side effect
are you fucking kidding me
>>
Alien: Isolation would have been the perfect horror game were it not for the fact that the alien is tethered to the player's location and pops out every 2 fucking minutes to force you to hide or otherwise game the AI into dicking around rather than actually responding to it as a threat. This is amplified by the fact that the Alien is invincible even in situations when it logically would not be, and eventually the AI gives up any pretense of fairness after being gamed and automatically heads straight to your location to kill you no matter what.
>>
Horror games should stop overusing "suspense" or "shock" soundtrack.

90% of the game should be quiet to instill fear.
>>
>>388684869
>drugs that are supposed to make antidepressants more effective but list suicide as a possible side effect.
That's pretty funny.
Thanks for explaining Anon.
>>
>>388685117
https://www.abilify.com/abilify-for-depression.aspx
>>
>>388685117
Watch American TV sometime. The drugs they advertise are fucking incredible.
>>
>>388682751
what makes for good horror in games is jump scares in VR.

that's it. making you not expect them and making you stay glued to them despite your fear is the challenge

shit that isn't jump scares really isn't ever scary. sorry to disappoint you with the truth. VR is the only bastion for horro/fear gaming becuase VR has the power to make us feel actually afraid, which 2d games simply don't.
>>
>>388685259
>quiet
The only thing you should hear is your surroundings and the ambient.

There's nothing more spooky than going out in the woods while nature is dead silent.
>>
>>388685529
>Watch American TV sometime. The drugs they advertise are fucking incredible.

as if these same drugs are not available in every first world country?
>>
>>388685760
Are they advertised on TV though? I always see europoors being unable to fathom that things like that are allowed to be shilled on TV.
>>
Here is what I've always wanted to see: a game where you can play as tons of characters, because if you die with one, that's it, you can't play as them anymore. And when you go through the area as another character, you see your former dead body.

This would really hammer home the permanence of death while still letting you replay areas and try again. What often scares me is how quickly and suddenly death comes. If, for instance, they fall on a spike trap or something early on, then that's it, the adventure for them is over....
>>
What's that one game that comes up from time to time. People like to cite it as the best atmospheric game.

It's an old game. Small map. Takes place in a creepy town?
>>
>>388685697
thats what he was saying

>>388685921
Pathalogic
>>
>>388685921
sounds like pathologic but its yet another case of /v/ latching onto a thing and pretending it's great when really it's not

pathlogic's remake will finally approach "playable" for the last time, no sorry I cannot get into an atmosphere where the voice actors are worse voice actors than I am.
>>
>>388685760
Sorry but only Americans have the balls to advertise BOTOX, a literal neurotoxin, as a cure for the common headache.
>>
>>388685259
I have to admit that in Until Dawn standing still just before a jumpscare so that the "spooky pre-jumpscare sound!" never ends is hilarious.
>>
>>388686112
>a literal

lots of things in medicine are not "nice" things, they still work for medicinal purposes when used effectively, this is a non-criticism and pointless blathering coming from someone who doesn't understand anything about medical science
>>
I dont get why more games dont try the early 3D aesthetic, of games like worlds.com or that windows screensaver maze or stuff like that. It seems ripe for more exploration.
>>
>>388685903
Aren't there some zombie survival horror games that do that? I think that there were at least 2 right?
>>
File: 130696361514.jpg (157KB, 515x417px) Image search: [Google]
130696361514.jpg
157KB, 515x417px
>>388685760
>Watch American TV sometime

There's the REAL horror!
>>
>>388684887
>expect something horrendous and disturbing in the attic
>got a fucking "lol I'm eloping with my gf kthxbai" instead

I've never been so disappointed in my life
>>
>>388683759
???
>>
>>388686346
we havent hit that phase in the retro-game circlejerk yet
>>
>>388685117
One of the main theories is that anti-depressants as a single treatment modality gives the person enough motivation to attempt suicide but not change the type of thinking that makes them want to take their own life.

>>388685874
Most countries don't allow direct advertising of pharmaceuticals to consumers. Americans consume the most prescription drugs, as well. Despite popular opinion, drug marketing and advertising in the US is heavily regulated. The reason they list all those scary side effects is because it's required by FDA.
>>
>>388686620
yes we have, that new game is that aesthetic

the one thats pretending to be a quake like but the visuals are nowhere near quake
>>
>>388682751
Horror is honestly subjective, after all people are scared because of many different things. Some fear bugs, other the darkness, then some fears "nothingness."
>>
>>388685259
Depends on the emotion the devs are trying to invoke. The silent hill series would have a lot less stressful without the jarring industrial music in the nightmare areas.
>>
>>388685117
Mini-redpill: A surprising amount of school shooters were on anti-depressants.
>>
>>388686112

Just dropping in to tell you that you're stupid. As an actual dentist botox is a highly effective, proven treatment for TMJ disorders. Bruxism usually causes intense headaches/migraines and relaxing the face and jaw muscles alleviates that strain. I've seen people go to neurologists who couldn't figure out wtf was wrong, and just a 30 minute visit for botox gives relief in just a few nights.
>>
>>388684134
Eternal Darkness is somewhat like that with the sanity effects. Even though there's music playing it's very subtle.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CeoLK0hybs.
>>
>>388686918
A surprising amount of everyone in the US is on anti-depressants.
>>
Petscop is creepy as balls. Just watched the play through yesterday and it made me very uncomfortable
>>
I think that any good horror game needs strong consequences for the players' actions. Too many games just do something spooky or give players very obvious HIDE NOW moments.
The problem is that there's no tension. You're not hiding from the creature out of fear, you're hiding because the game told you to hide.

>>388685249
Even when the Alien is distracted by other targets, it'll still put you on maximum priority if you even try to sprint past the chaos, or really make any noises at all.

>>388685903
I think a horror game with some rogue-lite elements could be very successful. It allows for more severe outcomes from player choice.

For instance, say you're in some spooky undersea laboratory. You COULD shoot the zombie/seamonster/thing, but if you miss, you could blow a hole in the wall and drown from the water rushing in. That makes for organic tension that today's horror games lack.
>>
>>388687081
no it isnt and no it didnt
>>
>>388687017
How do Antidepressants work? I'm not really depressed at all but I have tons of trouble getting motivated to do shit like play vidya.
>>
a lot of people fear becoming physically disabled, blind, deaf, etc. weird how games dont really take advantage of that
>>
>>388687017
Upwards of 80 percent of shooters were on them.
>>
Jumpscares startle you. Trying to predict the jumpscare or the idea of a jumpscare coming makes you afraid of getting startled.

But that is not terror. It isn't fear, not really.

I think that the only true fear comes from repulsion, aversion. So OP is right. What people should aim for is for making people feel creeped out. Make monsters, objects and environments that people don't want to look at.

Quit with the "bloody corpse", "blood on the walls", "dismembered bodies". Maybe that could scare people 50 years ago, but people are desensitized to this kind of crap now. Make creepy shit.

Make a scare atmosphere.

Also, while we are at it: Stop with the "the musiic goes louder/more intense" or "music stops completely" just before the "scary part". That is fucking stupid. Don't give people warnings. Stop telling people when they should be scared. Music like that is the "audience laughs" of horror.
>>
>>388686619
It's a screenshot of another short film made by the same guy who made the one in OP's pic.
>>
Make a game with a similar premise like It Follows. The first 30 or so minutes were creepy as fuck, for me at least. It's a shame that the movie completely shits itself in the last hour.
>>
>>388687253

I agree so hard. Im getting tired of the "teasing for jumpscare" thing. Even if a game had very few jumpscares, its an annoying atmosphere when the game constantly makes you think they are coming - eventually you get used to the fakeouts and the tension is zero and it gets repetitive. building the scares around surprises is what ruins the atmosphere even if there are very few jumpscares. I want to feel repulsed and like I just totally want to look away.
>>
>>388687419
wasnt even remotely scary, honestly the worst and dumbest horror movie i have ever seen

omg someone is following you so scares!!!!!!
>>
>>388687216
The vast majority of anti-depressants are selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that seems to be involved with feelings of happiness among other things. SSRIs reduce the amount of serotonin reabsorbed by the presynaptic neuron, increasing the extracellular level of the neurotransmitter.

The reason SSRIs are so widely prescribed is that besides the widely publicized suicides most of their side effects are fairly mild. Even if a person is only mildly depressed, the risk of starting them on an SSRI is relatively low.
>>
>>388687220
Day of the Triffids game when? I've always liked the idea of a game where you're blind, but as you hear things they begin to come into view as you figure out what they are by touching. Like, Mirror's Edge style, but the screen is black but your hands until you touch a wall then the small section becomes visible. Water dripping in the distance gives you a new waypoint to move to. A non-blind character may even lead you around by voice. Could be really fun.
>>
>>388682751

any games with surgeries or torture?
>>
File: george.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
george.webm
2MB, 640x640px
>>
>>388687216
They don't make you motivated. They affect the neurochemistry that makes depressed people unable to feel happiness. Antidepressants rarely fix shit by themselves; most people need therapy too.

Also, I should add that normal healthy people get do experience depression in response to things like loss of a loved one. The difference between them and those that need antidepressants is that healthy people don't stay depressed forever.

>>388687228
I think this speaks to the laziness of psychiatrists than anything wrong with antidepressants. Some psychiatrists are the shittiest doctors I've ever seen.
>>
Fucked up imagery goes a long way. Check out The Cat Lady
>>
>>388687228
Might be confirmation bias. School shooters tend to have a history of mental illness, and people who suffer from depression, or anxiety disorders tend to be prescribed an anti-depressant.
>>
File: 1475296293188.jpg (298KB, 684x969px) Image search: [Google]
1475296293188.jpg
298KB, 684x969px
>>
File: 1490299768876.png (131KB, 540x762px) Image search: [Google]
1490299768876.png
131KB, 540x762px
>>388685921
Pathologic isn't a horror game, but people keep pitching it as one for some reason.
It's more weird and surreal than scary.

And it's more of a VN than a game, at least in my opinion.
>>
>>388687743
I'm sure you're the one who does all the following.
>>
>>388687204
Prove it g00ber
>>
>>388686923
That's why I wrote that the stupid part is that it's advertised "for the common headache".
That's retarded.
>>
>>388688074
The most dull game of all time, which you only know of because e-celebs played it.

Kill yourself.
>>
File: 1503925051295.jpg (82KB, 783x590px) Image search: [Google]
1503925051295.jpg
82KB, 783x590px
>>388682751
Realistic graphics ruin horror games, early 3d is better because it lets your mind fill in the gaps.
>>
>>388688282
nigger I have no clue what e-celebs do, I bought the game back in 2014
>>
>>388688274
https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/103000s5232lbl.pdf

It's not approved or advertised for the "common headache." If you can't understand the difference between chronic migraines and the occasional headache you're in no position to be labeling things as stupid.
>>
File: 1499751881509.jpg (63KB, 817x857px) Image search: [Google]
1499751881509.jpg
63KB, 817x857px
>>388688150
>How did Mcdonald's end up like this?
every
time
>>
Devil May Cry 4 has exactly one jumpscare and it is fantastic.
>>
File: Mirror1.gif (989KB, 245x267px) Image search: [Google]
Mirror1.gif
989KB, 245x267px
>>388682751
I feel horror is the hardest genre to do right. I'll share some aspects of the Silent Hill series I particularly enjoy.
The radio. It alerts you enemies are nearby, but you can't necessarily see them. I feel it's good at increasing tension.
SH 3's mirror room. You eventually realize something is wrong but by that point you're trapped; the door is locked. Eventually it lets you out, but not before letting you stew in your panic for a bit. Stay too long and you die.
SH 4's apartment. It is distinctly different from the rest of the game, and particularly silent. It starts off as a safe place, and you get used to it being safe. Then it pulls the rug out from under you and objects start becoming possessed. Unfortunately these possessions start to become more of a chore as the game drags on but it's still neat in concept.
>>
File: 1477850988283.png (393KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
1477850988283.png
393KB, 450x450px
>>388687946
>>
>>388687918
Quake 4. Stroggification scene.
>>
>enemies in horror should be really weird, ugly, grotesque, creepy or unnerving

They don't HAVE to look horrible for the game to be frightening. It's all about atmosphere.

When I was playing through Stalker SOC for the first time, as well as my first playthrough of any stalker ever, I was unnerved as fuck going through an abandoned sewer/building. Shit was flying around, things were moving, it was dark, I had no idea what was going on. And you know what actually happened?

Nothing really. I walked around, nothing came out and attacked me. Nothing jumped out from the shadows. I was fine until 1 enemy at the end standing at the end of a hallway. It's all about unnerving you. It's about the unknown. If we see a monster, what do we think's gonna happen? 'It'll come at us and attack'. If we see nothing and hear everything, what's going to happen? Who fucking knows? That's terror.
>>
>>388682751
what does unedited footage of a bear have to do with horror? it's just a bear
>>
>>388682751
Spooks have to be random.

Make a bigass pool of potential spooks that can happen and then randomize when or where they happen. That way even on multiple playthroughs you can still get caught off guard because not everything is hard scripted to show up all the same.

Underhell does this with the spooks in the house hub area and that shit gets me every time. Some things are always scripted to occur, but most are pure random if or when they happen at all.
>>
>>388690125
Bears are scary, they invoke the primal fear of being prey.
>>
>>388687918
Wofenstien TNO had the brain machine cutscene.
>>
>>388685903
Zombi/ZombiU is what you're looking for.
>>
>>388687216
you dont need antidepressants, you need discipline
>>
>>388687174
What kind of strong consequences do you suggest?
>>
>>388689631
this is seriously the ONE thing that keeps me from trying silent hill. it is so successful in freaking me the fuck out, i don't understand the appeal of being scared
>>
>>388690081
>I was fine until 1 enemy at the end standing at the end of a hallway
and what an experience that was, jesus christ
>>
Oppressive atmosphere. Feelings of powerlessness. The dread of knowing that shit WILL go down soon.
>>
>>388691791
>i don't understand the appeal of being scared
Adrenaline.
>>
>>388684134
I think you literally just described the entire premise of PT but replace big house with one hallway. (too bad you can't play it anymore)
>>
>>388690125
>I'm pretending to be retarded
>>
>>388682751
Cutting off senses slowly and bringing them back randomly in a fully lit room. You can hear but you can't see shit, etc.
>>
>>388684134
kinda
https://mikeinel.deviantart.com/art/Which-Short-Game-152503626
>>
>>388682751
atmosphere

just create a general aura of ill-ease

maybe something in the sfx. if you think youre alone, have a little trigger every so often that you hear footsteps off in the distance.
>>
File: download (25).jpg (9KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
download (25).jpg
9KB, 205x246px
>>388682751
I just played through RE4 for the first time, and I thought that the scariest parts of the game were when it took advantage of it's own mechanics (primarily talking slow movement) this scene here is probably the best moment I can think of. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVjc7CDoCps&t=30s
Sorry for shit quality vid.

On that note, /v/ likes to jerk off to the thought of the regenerators and how they're the scariest enemies in the game and to which I would say you're spot on. With the noises they make, design etc. But in gameplay I think they're fucking laughable with the exception of the first one you see and not being equipped with the thermal scope. Once you have it they're just sort of pathetic. I think Dr Salvador is the scariest enemy just because he has the threat of an insta kill under his belt, and you really need to think on your feet when he appears. but thats my onion.
tl;dr scares should come from a balance of gameplay and conventional spookiness RE4 chainsaw enemies as example
>>
>>388682751
>good horror in vidya?
You want to know the real answer to this OP. Fact of the matter is that 'good horror' is simply not obtainable in a fashion like good platforming mechanics.

Fear is subjective. Qualities one person might find scary might be utterly dull to another. An example is the question of what's scarier; fixed camera angles or a first-person view? I love Silent Hill, and I think it has one of the greatest atmosphere in all of gaming, but at no point have I ever felt unneased or scared at the game.
>>
>>388691791
To be completely honest, I am similar. I get way too wrapped up in it if I get into them even a little. I watched my brother play through them all. He was the one that owned them after all. I actually get anxiety from relatively mundane shit on television, although for some reason being in a theater is tolerable. Maybe it's because I'm not alone.
>>
>>388684134
>>388684887
What happens to a house when it is left alone? When it becomes worn and aged? When its paint peels and its foundation begins to sink?
It goes for too long unlived in. What does it think of? What does it dream? How does it regard those creatures that built it? Brought it into existence only to abandon it when its usefulness no longer satisfies them.
They grow lonesome. They stare for long hours into the darkness of their own empty halls and see shadows. And in its head it may jump as it thinks... "Here, here is someone, I am not alone!".
And each time it is wrong. And the hurt starts over.
It may haunt itself. Inventing ghosts to walk its floors, making friends with its shadow puppets; laughing and whispering to itself at the end of some quiet cull-de-sac.
It may grow angry. Its basement might fill with churning acid like an empty stomach. And its gorge may rise as it asks itself through clenched teeth, "What did I do wrong?".
It may grow bitter. It may grow hungry. So hungry and so bitter that its scribbles dissolve and doors unlock themselves. While a house may hunger, it cannot starve. And so in fever and anger and loneliness, it may simply lie in wait. Doors open, shades drawn, hallways empty; hungry.

Every house is haunted.
>>
here's a list of things that make games scary. mind you, these wouldn't all work in the same game. just common tropes that i find good

>lack of resources/weapons
>be helpless or weak compared to enemies
>4th wall breaks
>something unstoppable chasing you
>uncanny valley
>well-placed, occasional jumpscares
>no music or long periods with no music
>build tension slowly, gradually rather than jumping straight to the scary stuff
>>
>>388682751
the best "horror" is in games like dayz where you're vulnerable and actually have stuff to lose
>>
>>388692249
That'd be boring and I'd be pissed that I paid for something with nothing to it.
>>
>>388692634
RE4 is too much an action game. Leon is too competent a character to make things feel really threatening. There are some exceptions.

I feel like RE7 was a step in the right direction.

>>388691982
>tfw my brother-in-law has PT still on his PS4
What could have been. It's truly a shame.
>>
>>388687946
>tfw no radiohead horror game
>>
>>388683061
no, bc we didn't play that stupid game
>>
File: Forbidden Siren.gif (950KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
Forbidden Siren.gif
950KB, 500x448px
>>388682751
I always liked how forbidden siren used the digitized faces as a way to make everything fucking creepy.
>>
File: 1499186546807.jpg (43KB, 600x637px) Image search: [Google]
1499186546807.jpg
43KB, 600x637px
>>388692249
>maybe something in the sfx.
this is why STALKER fucks with me so much. The random howling of dogs and creatures in the distance constantly puts me on edge because sometimes i can't fucking tell if its part of the ambience or if there really is something close by

>mfw hearing the bloodsucker for the first time in Agroprom
>>
>>388688334
Do you like Silent Hill?
>>
>>388686684
Fears may differ from person to person in some ways, but most humans share basic biological structures that configure instinctual fear responses, for example there's a reason for why people tend to find games like, say, Silent Hill, scarier than games like Super Mario or Legend of Zelda, or why we are scared of big animal predators rushing at us but we don't fear a little fuzzy rabbit
>>
one time in one of these threads i described my idea for a game, and somebody told me that it already exists. who remembers the name of the game?

my idea was

>be a blind person
>some kind of stalker/monster
>have to push a button to tap your cane on surfaces
>get a brief visual image when you do
>good opportunity for jumpscares because the monster/stalker could be right in front of you without you knowing
>>
>>388692856
>uncanny valley
Really all that needs to be said.
>>
The only actually scary horror game I ever played was fatal frame. It did a great job building tension, that's what horror should be about not something popping out at you.
>>
>>388693189
yeah, agreed. that game still looks really creepy to this day

is blood curse good?
>>
>>388693276
>we don't fear a little fuzzy rabbit
Speak for yourself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgj3nZWtOfA
>>388693302
Perception is the game you are looking for.
>>
you know what would be scary in a game lol if you had to have a long conversation with a girl haha
>>
>>388693189
Is this like one of those cropped RE gifs were the character is getting fucked? I know Siren has a lot of tedious bullshit but it can pay off.

>that level where you're playing a person that was turned into a shibito
>when the BASED old man with a rifle kills himself to prevent turning into one only to come back anyway
>>
>>388693102
dead space was a good step in the re formula having horror elements while still being action-y
re7 was just banking on shit like outlast being popular at the time it was made
>>
Speaking of horror vidya, does anyone know if Detention is good? I have enough steambux to get it
>>
>>388693189
REALLY not a fan of this gif, anon
>>
>>388693393
To give an example of something Fatal Frame did that I liked, at one point you can see legs in the closet. There's no jump, there's no weird sound, nothing to draw your attention there. You just notice out of the corner of your eyes there are a pair of legs in the fucking closet. If a character jumped out at me I would have gone jumped a bit but immediately stopped caring. Because all I got was a peak of some legs it made me nervous walking around the area, thinking something was there. That's why jump scares are shit, because the fear lasts 2 seconds and then it's done.
>>
>>388692634
Regular Salvador is nothing since you can put him on the floor with one shotgun hit. The mercs boss version is nightmare mode because he's really hard to stop.
>>
>ywn get a horror game written by Alan Resnik
>>
>Adult Swim keeps giving work to the hacks Tim and Eric
>Alan Resnick will never be allowed to make a tv show
>>
>>388682751
>What makes for good horror
Uneasiness, suspense, ignorance, the unknown. The scariest games were games that weren't horror. They had areas in them that contained deep water, or large black voids you had to traverse in which your mind ran wild with what could possibly be in there to kill you.
>>
>>388684134
Did you post this exact same sentence in the horror thread yesterday or am I going insane?
>>
>>388693770
>Super Salvador in Mercs3d

That motherfucker makes me sweat as soon as I hear him.
>>
>>388693619
The first Dead Space was really good. They just kept making it feel more like action than horror. Or maybe people just got too used to the content for later games to really feel "scary."
>>
File: 1500321626273.jpg (75KB, 277x256px) Image search: [Google]
1500321626273.jpg
75KB, 277x256px
>>388693102
Your brother can sell his PS4 upwards of 1500$ if he so wishes now lol
>>
>>388693102
>What could have been
PT was a hallway simulator. It is not representative of anything that could have been.
>>
File: zod3.jpg (32KB, 430x304px) Image search: [Google]
zod3.jpg
32KB, 430x304px
>>388693502
Then something unexpected happens right? haha
>>
>leaked file in Half Life ep 3 showed an designation called "hallucination" that made an object blink out of existence a split second after you looked at it.

GODDAMNIT
>>
>>388694208
They could have added like, 3 more hallways at least.
>>
File: ginger.gif (788KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ginger.gif
788KB, 900x1200px
>the bare minimum of jumpscares: enough to keep the player expecting them, but not enough to shift the source of the scares away from the anticipation of jumpscares and instead to the jumpscares themselves
>scares that feed on archetypes and the subconscious (sexual imagery, predatory maternalism, violent paternalism, anything that can scare the player in a way they can't quite define or understand)
>no over-reliance on the grotesque when the uncanny and unnerving could do it better
>imagery so scary or unsettling that it can upset the player without being presented as a jumpscare (when done right, it results in this very unique feeling of panic seeping into the back of your neck that no jumpscare could ever match)
>>
>>388682751

Pacing, in particular the concept of tension and release. A horror game, or experience really, has to make the audience feel anxiety but also have the necessary tact to not only release that anxiety but to do so with good timing and resonant technique. You can't build up to nothing, otherwise the audience gets bored. But you can't go with nonstop scares either because desensitization sets in. You've gotta balance the two with grace, which is why good horror is actually hard as fuck to do.
>>
>>388694159
How does that work? I have a PT PS4 too. Wouldn't I have to give over my whole account?
>>
>>388682751
>>388683759
>yfw you found it the guy who directed these is also the same guy responsible for alantutorial
>>
>>388694395
Silent HIll 1-3
>>
>>388694519
Also this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg29TuWo0Yo

Oh jesus what the fuck youtube made their UI even worse
>>
>>388693701
pls respond I'm about to hit the buy button

Also I really like Silent Hill if that helps
>>
>>388693619
dead space wasn't scary at all after the first 30 minutes. it was a pretty good game but way too long.
>>
File: 1491798321601.png (465KB, 369x523px) Image search: [Google]
1491798321601.png
465KB, 369x523px
uncanny valley
>>
game try rape you
>>
>>388693701
>>388694685
Follow your heart anon. Think of it as a meta-horror; the spooks come from not knowing whether your purchase will be justified or not.
>>
>>388694794
Please don't tell me you think you just posted an example
>>
What's wrong with properly placed jumpscares?
>>
>>388682751
read thomas grips blog for frictional games
>>
>>388695098
Nothing. People just rail on them as to appear to know what they are talking about. Low hanging fruit.

Jumpscares are for the beginning of a scary scene
They keep you looking out for the next one. Twitchy and alert.
>>
>>388694860
on second thought, is Soma worth it for 8 bucks?
>>
>>388695265
>People just rail on them as to appear to know what they are talking about.
This
>>
>>388693502
Yeah haha and then she keeps staring at you and you don't know how to follow up the conversation haha
>>
>>388694395
>.gif
NO YOU DON'T
>>
>>388695098
Because you get "scared" (forced into the fight or flight response) for 2 seconds. Then the game has to take a break until the next one, and it's not scary anymore until then. So it's like 2 seconds out of every few minutes at most are you actually feeling fear. Meanwhile, with a tension based approach you are scared all the time not just in random bursts.
>>
>>388695320
Yes. However, the game doesn't offer much from a gameplay perspective, and arguably the monster scares are it's weakest point. Soma is much more narrative focused then Amnesia or Penumbra, but it still has great atmosphere, graphics/art direction and sound design.
>>
>>388695098
The only jumpscare that fucked me up (can't find a video sorry) is a scene in Dead Space 2 where a mob falls through a roof in an elevator. A part of the game usually conceived as a relatively safe spot.
>>
>>388695320
Yes
>>388695265
>>388695386
The issue is when people dismiss all jumpscares no matter what, even if they're used conservatively. As someone who used to do that, I can tell you I did it out of resentment because jumpscares make me panic
>>
>>388695320
Soma is great but it's not strictly horror
>>
>>388695558
>>388695516
thank
>>
>>388695098
>properly placed
That's the trick. But hopefully there's more to the atmosphere than that.
>>
>>388695098
>>388695265
People rag on jumpscares because of how overused they are in horror games. A lot of games just treat the jump scare as the meat of the scariness, instead of using them to compliment the scariness.
>>
Never understood why horror games don't use hallucinations and non-euclidean space more.
>>
>>388695558
The problem here is defining conservative. If by conservative you mean once or twice in the entire game then yeah jump scares are fine. If you start doing them frequently it just gets stupid and hard to take seriously.
>>
>>388695776
I think I summed it up alright in my other post
>the bare minimum of jumpscares: enough to keep the player expecting them, but not enough to shift the source of the scares away from the anticipation of jumpscares and instead to the jumpscares themselves
>>
Pussy ass niggas can't handle some jumpscares.

I remember being 14.
>>
File: 1412259876028.jpg (3MB, 2100x2010px) Image search: [Google]
1412259876028.jpg
3MB, 2100x2010px
>>388687174
organic tension, yes.
>tl;dr my idea for a proper alien game with the most refined AI ever
>>>>>>>>heres an idea for a game i want to make, or pay people to make eventually in my lifetime :

start out in a shuttle in earths orbit, this is where you would design your characters look and choose its attribute (medic, pilot, engineer etc...) and get briefed about 'finding a contract' aboard the station. docking cutscene leads to you stepping into an actual space station lobby with up to 32 (or 64) online players all having created their own character. players will find airlock doors around the outskirts of the lobby, each listing the players+attribute aboard the vessel at that door. each vessel could take anywhere from 4-12 people on a 'contract job' be it terraforming or mining, something else im sure. once the vessel has adequate players it launches on its selected voyage and the game really begins. your crew will face normal survival struggles, get food from food storage, cook it in the kitchen, feed the players. part of the ship needs maintenance, go get the tool then take it to the injured spot and 'hold x'. nothing new or special about these mechanics but somewhere in this voyage things go wrong, ORGANICALLY. be it a distress call (original alien), problems when landing for terraforming (aliens covenant), or even as far as some random piece of food being tainted with eggs or sabotaged by the onboard android. what spawns in the ship is a sophisticated AI driven alien with its own needs of hunger, health, rest, other things we could all think up. it will start small as expected, finding a nest inaccesible to the players while also monitoring them. naturally, the aliens presence will cause the ship problems and venturing to fix these problems is a risky endeavor alone and splitting up is just that. and ultimately its a fight for survival. in some cases it would be the surviving players who send out a distress call for new players
>>
>>388695760
-tech limitations
-increases complexity of level design tenfold
-can only exist in games with a drug scene/mechanic, dreams, or "anything goes" rules when it comes to the horror
>>
>>388695825
Players shouldn't be afraid of the game because "Oh some loud obnoxious shit might pop out at me." They should be afraid because some weird shit is going on and their brain is racing trying to figure out what it could be. Basically the idea is to make the person think "something horrible could be near me" and fill in the blanks in their mind with the worst things they can imagine. When I was playing fatal frame, one of the scariest things to me when I was going through the game was seeing the crawl spaces and knowing eventually I was gonna have to go in there. Thinking what the fuck is in that narrow hole was way scarier than a loud monster jumping at the camera ever could be.
>>
File: Forbidden Siren 2.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Forbidden Siren 2.webm
3MB, 480x360px
>>388693189
>>
>>388696008
Non-euclidean space is a very simple technique.

Level design in horror is of the utmost importance.

There are more reasons for hallucinations in horror than any other genre.
>>
Games which are reliant on jumpscares feel cheap, but games with no jumpscares at all feel impotent. On top of that I don't feel like there's really a difference between a good or mediocre jumpscare. A meticulously planned, carefully timed jumpscare has about as much impact as the ones in shitty free indie horror games where the monster just earrapes you while spazzing out in your face. In the end the quality of the game comes down to its non-jumpscare elements.

There's no one thing that's scary to all people so opinions on what horror games are and aren't scary are always going to differ. Some people think "atmosphere" is scary, some people are immune since there's nothing trying to actually get you. Some people think inexplicable surreal shit is scary, some people just see it as weird. Some people think getting chased by jumpscare monsters is scary, other people just see it as lame. You can never scare everyone.

I just wish horror games tried more new things and concepts. Every new horror game just feels like a clone of a more successful one. Usually some frankenstein combination of amnesia, PT, FNAF and slender eight pages. I respect horror games that try new things even if they aren't all that scary e.g. Pony Island or Detention.
>>
>>388696008
you would be right if most devs actually gave a shit
most horror devs are either bottom-tier indies or AAA studios, both of whom actively ignore innovating and just try to copy whatever's popular
>>
generally horror is pretty hard to do any medium. My favorite bits of horror media are usually short films and they also tend to be the most effective

trying to sustain tension and fear for a long period of time is extremely difficult because fear comes in pangs, it comes quickly and it's overpowering but doesn't last for extended periods. I mean I guess people can go into pathological states of extreme fear but that won't really happen from consumer media unless you have a phobia of something

I think fear/horror in games has to be told through gameplay mechanics. The tank controls in old RE games are good examples, I think you could call them a form of limiting play, in the sense that they (seemingly) restrict player expression and freedom. Navigating 3d space by its very nature can considered to be empowering. Like look at all these platformer games or action games where the simple task of moving around is fun. I know not everyone is especially fond of tank controls but I think its a good way to get players in uncomfortable scenarios. Generally the controls should be esoteric enough so that people fumble with them but a calm player should still be able to move exactly how they want. That's way easier said than done tho

controls aren't the only way to put players in rough scenarios, there are a lot of games that screw around with player expression. I think that's the way to go about it if you're creating a horror game

and honestly most horror games should be short
>>
>>388696106
Two points,
1. False dichotomy, jumpscares can potentially have any of those traits
2. You still need to give the player a REASON to be scared in your game, not just something to be scared of. It's just a screen after all, one you can look away from. I can think of two real categories of the possible disincentives. Either something very detrimental to the player's experience happens, or something very unpleasant happens. The first is usually covered through death, which then sends the player's progress back to an early point, forcing them to replay whatever they just did, which they typically don't want to do that much. The second only really has one option unless you get really outlandish, and that's a jarring, upsetting jumpscare.
>>
>>388696106

That fear before the "event" is ALWAYS worse than the event itself. With everything. Fights, public speaking, scary games, everything.

I think a good horror game/movie sustains that tension and fear as possible while also revealing as little as possible as what there is to be afraid of. Example, Aliens starring Mel Gibson was great until they showed the fucking aliens. That ruined it. Blair Witch project did it perfectly because they never showed the monster. Lake Mungo also never revealed what was behind everything, you never got to see the thing and lose your fear.

Also why The Mothman Prophecies are extremely frightening for the first hour or so, then get dumb as hell when the movie explains everything about what's going on.

Scary games/films don't show you the terror, shitty ones do.
>>
>>388696218
>Level design in horror is of the utmost importance.
Correct, which is why I imagine many devs with modest budgets would like to keep things relatively simple so that they have an easier time perfecting it
>There are more reasons for hallucinations in horror than any other genre.
And, beautifully, there are more hallucinations in horror games than in any other genre
>>
>>388696669
> Blair Witch project
That movie was garbage.
>>
>>388696835
This poster was born fewer than eighteen years ago
>>
>>388696718
You ignored my first point becaise it destroyed your second point.

It's not technically impressive and thus doesn't increase budget that much.

Antichamber is a tiny game but it absolutely rapes your sense of logical space.

Hallucinations are not used as much as they could be. There are less Eternal Darkness' than The Sufferings.
>>
>>388696894
Don't make assumptions, I bought into all the hype when that shit was announced for the first time and saw it in theaters. That movie fucking sucked backed then and it still sucks now. People were only gushing over it for popularizing the found-footage genre despite it having been done before and better.
>>
>>388684887
If your sister's corpse was in the attic the game would have been better.
>>
>>388697059
Which earlier films are you referring to
>>
>>388696835
No, it was inventive and good.
>>
>>388697106
meant for >>388697058
>>
>>388685259
Darkwood does this.
>>
I want a game where you just have to drive a car to a distant relatives house out in butt fuck nowhere. You basically drive down a very long, winding road with slow to moderate turns going through either large fields of literally nothing to claustrophobic forest roads in the dead of night.

No music at all, save for some moments of dark ambient that consists of just low ominous hums to slowly weaken the resolve of the player. You can listen to your radio to give you hints on obstructions that are coming up ahead, or incoming storms, or just general nerve calming, and may even make stops at gas stations, or see a truck/car passing by.

The problems don't begin until you continue on however.

>radio begins to tell you of storms and obstructions that are never really there
>sometimes trucks/cars will show silhouettes in front of them, or even in front of you
>begin to hear things over the radio such as other voices that aren't quite normal
>maybe the radio just suddenly shuts off, no warning
>enter a gas station as the counter person talks of odd happenings around the place

>enter one gas station
>despite it being lit up outside, the inside is completely fucking ransacked and powerless
>crying in the bathroom, best leave it alone and go

>later on, hear things moving in your back seat
>eventually see a figure at the corner of your vision outside the window, dead still, even if you are driving at 50 to 60 miles per hour.

>the only form of music or distraction is your radio, and even it can be effected

>later on, something completely dark slams onto your windshield

Imagine the possibilties. The entire goal is to keep your eyes on the road ahead of you, and to avoid obstacles. Sometimes rain storms limit your vision even more. Sometimes your gas meter begins flipping out and giving inaccurate readings (Hope you remember how much gas you put in)

And pray, that your car doesn't run out of gas, lest you wish to walk the road with nothing but you and a flashlight.
>>
>>388697106
Cannibal Holocaust
>>
>>388697220
i like the idea. have you seen the guy who posts the horror driving game? i really like how it looks but i think its fine tuning the mechanic, i feel like he could really absorb some of your ideas in a good way.

you should criticize my alien game idea so it can keep evolving >>388695954
>>
>>388685903
So basically Until Dawn
>>
>>388697220
To add, maybe add a sort of energy counter. If it starts to go low, your vision begins to blur and your steering a bit sloppy as whatever is hunting you down begins to effect you. Eventually, your character will just shut their eyes, leaving you blind as they fall asleep.

To counter act this, you have energy bars and bottles of water to keep you awake laid about your car. The issue is that, if you take your eyes off the road, well that's eyes off the road. You reaching for a bottle of water can spell your doom, or maybe you find a little more than a bottle of water when you look over to search for it.
>>
>>388697220
There are fucking loads of games that are basically just "doing some normal thing then spooky shit gradually starts to happen". This idea isn't interesting at all.
>>
HEY GUYS WHAT ABOUT A GAME WHERE YOU DO A MUNDANE TASK FOR A LONG TIME AND THEN THINGS SLOWLY START BECOMING OFF AND WEIRD. LIKE REAL SUBTLE STUFF HAHA. AFTER A FEW HOURS OF MUNDANE TASKING THINGS GET LIKE TOTALLY CRAZY AND LOVECRAFTIAN AND YOU ARE ALL LIKE "Whoa" EXCEPT YOU AREN'T SURPRISED BECAUSE YOU KNEW THIS WAS A HORROR GAME THE WHOLE TIME.
>>
>>388697220

that's a nice concept but how would you handle fail states? If you show a monster then your game is shit outta tension. What happens if you go into a bathroom where you hear crying? What happens if you're walking along a road with a flashlight? How do you maintain tension and fear between different play states?
>>
>>388697640
Dude it's scarier not to say even though you would definitely have to show it in this hypothetical game. Just let your imagination fill in the blanks of how good my idea is.
>>
>>388697542
Well if one were to start a horror game out with a jumpscare on the title screen, then that really speaks for the quality of the game now doesn't it?

One could easily put points of sudden (and subsequently unnerving) peace and quiet where nothing happens, but the whole point of starting from nothing is that it helps to build tensions, give prelude to the story, and in the case of video games, act as tutorial and warming up. Besides, even just driving down a silent dark road in the dead of night can be unnerving. Have you ever done it? It's not exactly calming.
>>
I think body horror is a great horror. It's why the Flood from Halo were so creepy. They're a mutated and grotesque perverted form of the original still recognizable creature, and you can shoot lots of bits off of them and they won't die.
>>
>>388697740
>Well if one were to start a horror game out with a jumpscare on the title screen, then that really speaks for the quality of the game now doesn't it?
I didn't realize that's what I was suggesting when I said your idea was unoriginal shlock.
>>
File: fascitis-plantar-2_orig.jpg (29KB, 800x389px) Image search: [Google]
fascitis-plantar-2_orig.jpg
29KB, 800x389px
>>388682751
Jumpscares are only hated because they naturally scare people in a way douchebags who think they're too mature for fear can't prepare for.
>>
>>388696158
Surely this is someone's fetish, right? Both "girls."
>>
unsettling environments, subject matter, creatures and having real consequences to your decisions and failures
>>
I think the big problem is that horror is that it's kind of a self defeating genre, you eventually have to show the monster/give the answer/reach a conclusion and by that point the it's not scary. I think a lot of good horror media side steps by having other elements, like silent hill is spooky but by there are also a lot of tragic elements underlining the whole experience. Pure horror by itself can't really walk on its own two feet
>>
File: flickering_lights.gif (640KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
flickering_lights.gif
640KB, 500x282px
>>388682751
>they should be focusing on monsters that have really disturbing walking/movement patterns
So Shalebridge Cradle?
>>
>>388697640
Add a sense of unpredictability. Sometimes you can walk back and find jack shit. Either way, an encounter with something out of your car will leave you dead, and running off the road itself will leave you fatally wounded.

>crash into a tree
>get flung out of car
>slam into a tree and fall on the ground
>all you can hear are the bugs and crickets around you and the breathing of your own character
>suddenly the sounds of the night stop
>two beady eyes from down the road begin to advance towards you at a fast rate, foot steps growing louder as your breathing stops

>or maybe there isn't anything on the road
>you just hear your breathing
>and as it fades, another more raspy and raggid breathing is heard next to you, as the screen fades to black
>>
File: GFSWi8a_d.jpg (40KB, 637x332px) Image search: [Google]
GFSWi8a_d.jpg
40KB, 637x332px
>mfw it's one of "those" horror threads.
>>
>>388682751
A good scary game should leave you on edge. There is nothing wrong with jumpscares per say, but it needs more than that. You have to give a feeling of impending demise at all times, and build suspense. Now sometimes, that means building false suspense for nothing to actually happen, sometimes it means having an entire area being one giant death trap the entire time.

I honestly thought Alan Wake did the horror genre very well
>>
>>388697575
>jaded anon has no sense of progression, the post

You are fun at parties aren't you?
>>
>>388689631
The haunting in SH4 with the dead cat in the fridge gave me literal nightmares after playing it. Fuck that shit man
>>
File: 14046518618739.jpg (131KB, 637x900px) Image search: [Google]
14046518618739.jpg
131KB, 637x900px
>when you finally figure out what makes this image scary.

Hint: It's not the darkness in the doorway or the dog.
>>
>>388692249
Darkwood is a great new example of shit like this. Constant unnerving SFX that don't feel like they're scripted.
>>
>>388698254

people say that SH4 isn't as good as SH2/3 but there are others who say it has some of scariest moments in any of the games

should I bust out my ps2 copy that I'm too chickenshit to play?
>>
>>388698224
yes.
>>
>>388692856
The whole "helpless" or "unstoppable enemy" thing never works, because once you realise you can't fight it, the game becomes a running away simulator and is no longer scary because you know you will NEVER have to fight it.
>>
>>388698398
>it's not the darkness

the hell it's not.
>>
>>388698398
This image is giving me chills. What's the scary part?
>>
File: 1501396226136.jpg (46KB, 750x573px) Image search: [Google]
1501396226136.jpg
46KB, 750x573px
>>388697859
>tfw you're scared of the idea of jumpscares being there more than the build up to, or actual presence of any jumpscares.
>tfw you're literally more afraid to actually start horror movies/games than you have ever been watching/playing them.
>>
>>388698398
Can I get a hint? I mean the pitch darkness is already uneasy as fuck.
>>
>>388698398

Is it the door stupidly close to the wall, where no person with any sense of aesthetics would put it?
>>
>>388698398
>when you finally figure out what makes this image scary.
It's that you are implying it's scary.
>>
File: 1500334857408.jpg (75KB, 604x414px) Image search: [Google]
1500334857408.jpg
75KB, 604x414px
>playing REmake for the first time two days ago
>get lost around
>waste all my ammo kill all the zombies, except that one crimson head
>my anus when I have to run around knife only
Hadn't been this scared since ever. As soon as I found the grenade launcher the game became way less scary.

Also,
>get to the control room part with the shark
>my anus when the pressure is at 50% and I don't know what fucking button to press
I need more stressful situations like that in games.
>>
>>388698398
is it the color scheme? because p-u!
>>
>>388698398
The hand prints aren't the scary part, anon
>>
>>388698592
its' the anticipation.
>>
>>388698398
Should've turned the file extension into a gif. Would have made this joke more effective.
>>
>>388698224
Nope. /v/ had been past this "SUBTLE STUFF HAPPENS" idea for years because of the inherent problems and the puerility of it. Never said anything about progression being bad. Nice job with your strawman though. You did the same to the other guy criticising this rote idea.

This idea is the horror equivalent of "what if there was a zombie game where u rly had to survive in like a big area with random weapon drops."

>>388698158
Tell me about it.
>>
>>388698421
Yes. At least play the first half of the game
>>
>>388698130
Oh wow how scary DDDDD:
>>
>>388698398
>Dog shadow looks like cat
>scratches on the wall and door
>Scratching above the door when inverted says "Look behind you"
>>
File: .jpg (78KB, 504x549px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
78KB, 504x549px
>>388693189
I got a boner from this gif.
I think I might be a degenerate.
>>
>>388682751
Don't set out to make horror as the primary goal. The best scares I've ever had were in games that weren't horror at all.
>>
>>388698421
It does some things right. It does some things wrong. I think it following SH 3 and being a departure from "regular" Silent Hill games made it the target of a lot of criticism.

I'd definitely say it's worth playing. Just beware some of the sound direction is less than good, mostly some voice acting and enemy sounds being bad.
>>
File: 1496034965093.jpg (21KB, 521x513px) Image search: [Google]
1496034965093.jpg
21KB, 521x513px
>suddenly my fan just went out
>>
>>388698841
You are talking straight out of your ass. You are literally advocating for all horror games from here on out to avoid beginning in a subtle, paced manner. That is how fucking contrarian you're being right now. That's fucking ludicrous. Please, please do tell us what exactly the "inherent problems and puerility" entail
>>
>>388699076
Oh, I forgot to mention that inventory management is a significant part of gameplay, so if you hate that you probably won't have fun.
>>
>>388687918
A robot rips off the player character's arms and breaks their legs in the first mission of CoD Black Ops III.
>>
File: 1500153462788.jpg (41KB, 600x791px) Image search: [Google]
1500153462788.jpg
41KB, 600x791px
>>388699143
>playing RE1
>get to the part where the hanged zombie drops
>as soon as the loud thud sounds, lights go out on the whole neighborhood
>mfw I have to run to the safe room before my UPS runs out
>>
>>388698776
>joke

well you could argue the lighting feels unnatural thus unsettling. but then you'd be terrified of going into a Walmart too.
>>
File: 1439537535425.jpg (48KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
1439537535425.jpg
48KB, 620x350px
>>388698421
i played 2 and 3 and then got 4 (funny story actually) and when youre walking down the stairway and the first possessed person floats at you, i made some sort of sound and had to pause and stand up and gather myself...imagine not being able to stop and think.

play it
>>
>>388698956
like what?
>>
>>388699424
Some people should own cats
>>
File: 1479153224386.webm (3MB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
1479153224386.webm
3MB, 1000x563px
>>388698497
So make it so that just being around the enemy can cause horrible things to happen.
>>
>>388698398
I agree, wooden floors are a bitch to maintain.
>>
>>388698523
>>388698530
>>388698592
>>388698594
>>388698625
>>388698650
>>388698709
>>388698776
It's the upper right corner above the door. The corner of the room. It's the angle of the image showing this. Corners are inherently scary. Think about the classic image of a chair up against a corner. The corner of your basement. The last image of BWP. It's what makes the image. You could make the same image with the dog and door but it wouldn't work as well. The corner sells it. The image in this post would not work. Silent Hill used corners so well.

You might think it's stupid but just trust me. Look at corners and blank walls. It took me years to figure this out.
>>
>>388682751
>I am a shadow... The true self...
>>
>>388699562
Interesting. I thought this was stupid until I imagined the painting without the other wall visible and realized it isn't half as scary
Thanks for giving me something to chew on, anon

>And almost as a parallel event, explaining and scrutinizing the human soul, into all its niches and crooks and abysses and dark corners, is not doing good to humans. We have to have our dark corners and the unexplained. We will become uninhabitable in a way an apartment will become uninhabitable if you illuminate every single dark corner and under the table and wherever—you cannot live in a house like this anymore. And you cannot live with a person anymore—let’s say in a marriage or a deep friendship—if everything is illuminated, explained, and put out on the table. There is something profoundly wrong.
-Werner Herzog
>>
>>388699562
really? I think corners are reassuring. different strokes I guess.
>>
>>388699281
No, I'm not. You are strawmanning because you think your idea is new or good.

The problems have already been said and you would find more with 5 minutes of thoughts into the logistics of your idea rather than adding more "events".
>>
>>388699562
Would mating press tbqh famala
>>
>>388699562
I do believe you. It might give a sense of feeling closed off, or trapped. However saying the corner is the "scariest" thing is kinda misleading. It might make the image, but the darkness is the obvious "threat."
>>
File: 1471468605254.jpg (22KB, 600x577px) Image search: [Google]
1471468605254.jpg
22KB, 600x577px
>>388699562
Not going to lie, I ain't seeing it the way you are.
>>
>>388699870
I can't stand the back of peoples' heads. this scares the fuck out of me.
>>
>>388699787
Being in a corner is safe. Looking at one is scary.
>>
>>388699535
What is this from?
>>
>>388700028
post a picture of an empty well lit corner.
>>
File: 20161203025118.jpg (88KB, 400x273px) Image search: [Google]
20161203025118.jpg
88KB, 400x273px
Corners.
>>
>>388699870
Yeah lol where's the corner here but it's still creepy
>>
>>388699814
I haven't posed any ideas involving a subtle start at all. Too many posters here already do that. That doesn't mean it's an idea anyone should be "moving on" from.
>No, I'm not.
Yes, you are. You said that /v/, and clearly yourself as well, are "past" that concept. You are bullshitting yourself if you don't accept the blatant implications of that statement. You're of the belief that others should move on as well.
>The problems have already been said
I read the entire thread and saw no good arguments. Perhaps I missed them and you could point them out to me.
>you would find more with 5 minutes of thoughts into the logistics of your idea rather than adding more "events".
Events? What the fuck are you talking about boy, have you been drinking the garage paint again? I'm going to whip some fucking sense into you with a car jack, come here you little rat
>>
>>388700050
Channel Zero. It's live-action adaptions of creepypasta. For some reason they decided to stretch out Candle Cove, one of the least suitable for telling a prolonged story, into 6 episodes. Next season is No End House which should fare better.
>>
>>388700146
Blair Witch Project was fucking dumb.
>>
File: Scary Corner Before.jpg (263KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Scary Corner Before.jpg
263KB, 1600x1066px
Just stare at one unfurnished corner of your house, preferably with plain walls for a while.

Corners.
>>
File: stone room.jpg (34KB, 612x459px) Image search: [Google]
stone room.jpg
34KB, 612x459px
>>388699562
I've always liked the optical illusion aspect of corners. At a glance its always hard to tell if its a cube edge pointing at you, or you're in the inside of a box looking at the corner. Plus corners always inherently mess with perspective. Its hard to tell what angle the walls are at, and what distance you are to the corner. Corners are probably the hardest aspect of perspective in drawing, which is why they always turn out uncanny and shitty in drawings
>>
You know what's fucking spooky?
Dirty spaces.
>>
File: 239472955235.jpg (121KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
239472955235.jpg
121KB, 1200x800px
>>388700294
I'm still not seeing it anon, maybe it's just a personal thing. For instance, I have an irrational fear of dim red lighting
>>
>>388700294
Alright, you've convinced me. I don't like corners now that I think about it

Before /v/ I was a normal guy. Now I want to fuck floor tiles and run away from corners
>>
>>388699870
People facing behind reminds of me of this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o3DLIYhH50
>>
File: most-haunted-corner-in.jpg (21KB, 550x412px) Image search: [Google]
most-haunted-corner-in.jpg
21KB, 550x412px
If the ceiling is visible, it's also scarier.
>>
>>388698398
>>388700330
>keep seeing fucking cubes
end me
>>
File: easy street.jpg (18KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
easy street.jpg
18KB, 220x220px
>>388689892
https://youtu.be/JoQ4GidQP-k
>>
File: 511474038.jpg (25KB, 509x339px) Image search: [Google]
511474038.jpg
25KB, 509x339px
>>388700294
>everyone posting pictures of corners with other scary elements

please.

and the window in that is the most unsettling. open windows at night, looking out.
>>
>>388686926
Fuck man the music and sounds in this game were top tier. Way scarier than anything you ever actually came across except THE BATH
>>
File: 1495141719343.jpg (8KB, 326x326px) Image search: [Google]
1495141719343.jpg
8KB, 326x326px
>main "scare" elements are little girls
F.E.A.R killed itself after the first one
>>
>>388697859
Jumpscares are hated because they're easy and overused. It's very easy to startle a human and the anticipation of being startled is not fear.
It's anxiety.
>>
>>388700241
Learn to read.
>>
>>388684073
Check out Night Mind's explanation of it.
>>
>>388700525
>>388699814
My mind is literally swimming after being exposed to so many arguments of such high caliber in these posts
>>
>>388700492
>That one part where you have to turn the elevator back on and think you are going to get spooked on
>Alma is instead in the elevator with your companion as it closes and you watch helplessly.
Shit was scarier to me than the ladder scene.
>>
>>388700459
This corner is unsettling.
>>
>>388699562
>>388700146
>>388700330
>>388700432
>>388700459
>>388700294
Corners are comfortable, I am always drawn to them. Nothing's off about corners, I like them.
>>
>>388700492
>people find little girls, sick old men and literal toddlers scary

samara, dude from poltergeist 2 and the kid from pet sematary respectively. I don't get it at all. maybe I'm just old fashioned but this is what I'd consider scary.
>>
File: sh1 1080p alt school door.jpg (463KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sh1 1080p alt school door.jpg
463KB, 1920x1080px
>>388682751
>What makes for good horror in vidya?
-Great audio-design. The most important part of creating atmosphere, even more important than the graphics ever will be.

-Conservative use of gory elements and violence. This even more enhances the effect of those few times they may be used.

-Element of immersing the player. If s/he doesn't feel like being "there", but instead is observing a game -trying to "win", the result is failure. Thus things like minimal HUD and interesting locales / "puzzles" etc are important. Part of making the game immersive is also making the game's world interesting, make players want to explore them - even if it means exposing yourself for more horrors that lurk in the shadows.

-Similarily: playing with player's emotions and and understanding of the situation. One could summarize this as "mind-fuck". Giving fairly ordinary looking and feeling situations, maybe predictable looking event even, but somehow twisting and turning the whole situation upside down, boggling player's mind. This element truly is a work of art that not too many games get right, but what really makes good horror games shine through the rest. It can be little things, it can be pretty much anything, but you'll notice if its missing.
>>
File: 1472245689672.jpg (316KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1472245689672.jpg
316KB, 1280x960px
>>388700801
I'm biased but I was always more of a Michael Myers fan.
>>
What are you guys talking about? Corners are comfy as hell
>>
>>388700801
Is this the new "I'm 12 years old and listen to the Beatles"?
>>
File: .jpg (8KB, 220x173px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
8KB, 220x173px
>>388700459
> and the window in that is the most unsettling. open windows at night, looking out.
This nigga. I live deep in a forest with no lights anywhere. Opening windows at night is spooky as all fuck even after living here for dozens of years.
There's always something moving out there and you can't make sure what the fuck is it exactly.
>>
>>388682751
jump scares are an important part of horror they just can't be the only thing there. Because often times horror just does come out of no where and it's important to be able to transition the player from state of heightened alert to panic and possible into a position where they are fearful of their life.

Honestly the single most imporant thing in a horror game is to keep the player feeling desperate at all times without overly punishing or killing a player. Dying, especially too many times in a row is the number 1 way to lose all tension in a horror game. Even with the harshest death penalty once you die in a horror game everything up to that point lost its immersion, you no longer give a shit and just run through the game stone faced until you get past a certain part hoping that the game will recapture that moment where you were felt terrified but unless a long stretch goes on where you don't die you'll probably never go back to that experience.
>>
Corners, old wood and lone barns scare me.
>>
>Corners aren't scary! They are safe.

Next time you are in a plain corner, do one thing. Turn around. See if you say the same thing.
>>
>>388700945
whoa!

nice rape dungeon. that yours? love the color scheme. the overhanging fiberglass really accents the pallid sickly white.
>>
Does anyone know of any horror games that take place primarily during the day?
>>
>>388701163
These images are scarier because of the corners and ceiling.
>>
>>388700801
I think it has to do with the corruption of people most often perceived as "innocent." Like, a little girl murdering her whole family seems more sinister than the father.
>>
File: SH PC Guide 3-2017 update_2.png (2MB, 1300x4835px) Image search: [Google]
SH PC Guide 3-2017 update_2.png
2MB, 1300x4835px
>>388699454
>>388698421
>i played 2 and 3 and then got 4
Don't tell me you people skipped SH1, AKA the most important AND the absolutely best game in the series??
And yes, SH4 is great. Not quite SH1-2 great, but still good.

Lemme post the SH PC guide + the DL links :

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" is a all-in-one fix, that works as a no-cd crack as well. It is included in the pack.
If you use the NEW fix mentioned in the guide, you can use the sh2proxy's EXE as the no-cd crack!

If you cannot save the game / can't edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
If SH3 runs like shit even on a strong PC, check and lower the Rendering Resolution setting.

SH2-4 don't support Xinput gamepads. Use Xpadder, a DirectInput pad, or just play with KB+M.
You can see some decent emulator settings for SH1 in the guide.
If the image of the game does NOT fill your entire screen in fullscreen mode, check your plugin / GPU control panel's image scaling settings!
Try the new PGXP emulator a shot for a lot less wobbly PS1 graphics.

>Protips
-Play in release order
-Never play below Normal difficulty
-Replaying them all is recommended
-Turn down the ingame Brightness setting
-Don't try to kill everything, especially outdoors
-Turning OFF the flashlight helps
>>
>>388701225
Is this a hot new meme?
>>
File: 1500819234311.jpg (43KB, 640x941px) Image search: [Google]
1500819234311.jpg
43KB, 640x941px
>>388701005
You still find it spooky? After months of having to close the windows at midnight before going to bed I just accepted my fate.
>>
File: 1469416250674.jpg (447KB, 580x2905px) Image search: [Google]
1469416250674.jpg
447KB, 580x2905px
>>388701225
I think we get the point anon.
>>
>>388701148
wasn't there a movie or something where a guy was told to sit in the corner of a round room and went crazy? can't remember what it was.
>>
>>388701157
That's just really really bad water insulating though
>>
>>388701228
but they're kids. just hold out your hand. the girl from fear wasn't even threatening in her child form.
>>
File: IMG_5612.jpg (95KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5612.jpg
95KB, 1600x1200px
CEILING AND CORNER WHEN USED IN CONJUNCTION PROVIDE BEST SCARE.

STOP UNDERRATING CEILING.
>>
>>388701163
Real life
But other than that, Pathologic?
>>
>>388701375
>but they're kids. just hold out your hand
That argument falls flat with Alma since she can rip adult soldiers apart with her mind.
>>
I do not like horrors much but Observer is really great game, old school cyberpunk in such details, really wonderful.
And yeh it has jump scares here and there.
>>
>>388701302
>corner of the room isn't visible
>image is 0% spooky
I agree with the whole corner deal, but this new spicy meme is too good to ignore. Sorry it had to be like this, Anonymous.
>>
File: .png (30KB, 528x404px) Image search: [Google]
.png
30KB, 528x404px
>>388701275
There's a small road passing through the forest and it has 1 (one) light on it that works for a few days and then breaks(?) again. I can just about see it out of my bedroom's window.
I always see a human-looking shadow next to the light at least once or twice during the days when this shit works and then it keeps me spooked for a long while.
>>
Outlast is good.
>>
>>388700889
>Element of immersing the player. If s/he doesn't feel like being "there", but instead is observing a game -trying to "win", the result is failure. Thus things like minimal HUD and interesting locales / "puzzles" etc are important. Part of making the game immersive is also making the game's world interesting, make players want to explore them - even if it means exposing yourself for more horrors that lurk in the shadows.
This is important. Making it too "gamey" will cause players to focus on winning and playing well instead of putting themselves in the character's shoes.

Moments in non-horror that freak people out usually occur when players see the environment and imagine themselves being there, like the player standing over the edge of some water they have to dive in, and they can't see the bottom.
>>
File: gt1.jpg (426KB, 900x601px) Image search: [Google]
gt1.jpg
426KB, 900x601px
what now?
>>
>>388700050
Channel Zero; ignore the other poster, its a nice little six episode show.
>>
>>388686918
That proves absolutely nothing though and it's silly that people keep regurgitating it
>Lots of shooters/murderers have mental problems
>They took medication for it
>Thus medication causes murderous behavior
We don't have magic behavior altering pills. Anti-Depressants are just a tool. Therapy is what is actually supposed to help the person.
>>
How about a game where you are being attacked by ghosts or some shit but they can only be seen in specific parts of the visible spectrum.
>>
>>388695776
>Conservative
>>>/Pol/
>>
>>388701504
well isn't anything able to do that scary?
>>
>>388701682
cornerfags btfo
>>
File: 1499700745532.jpg (74KB, 638x960px) Image search: [Google]
1499700745532.jpg
74KB, 638x960px
>>388701682
Is it
>zero corner
Or
>countless amounts of corners
>>
>>388701683
Huh? I never said anything bad about it, I just said it was a strange move to pick Candle Cove, which is primarily well known because of how effective it uses its storytelling in a minimal fashion, into a plot driven storyline.

>>388701802
True. Maybe it's that whole black hair over the face spiel she has going on too.
>>
>>388701682
Not scary at all.

The hard right angles are what make corners and ceilings scary.
>>
What about a corners game where it's endless corners after corners and just when you think you've escaped from all the corners, it turns out you were in the corner of one giant corner all along. Also the surprise twist is you're a corner yourself.
>>
>>388701552
It's just your imagination fucking with you. Those shitty lamps project shadows everywhere. You might want to get some lights installed outside your house, though. You might have an emergency someday and get mauled as soon as you get outside.
>>
Video games give you a sense of control, even in some you technically don't have control in. Just the concept of it being a video game unlocks the inner though that there is control to some degree. With film you have no control over what is presented to you, just like scary events in real life. For this simple reason alone, video games can not be scary beyond cheap jump scares.
>>
>>388702023
Corners are a scary enhancer.

Imagine having to approach a spooky corner in a game. Would it be as spooky if it was just a wall?
>>
File: 1200-1024x576.jpg (73KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1200-1024x576.jpg
73KB, 1024x576px
>>388701878
Six episodes isn't exactly long, and they added a ton of stuff to the story to flesh it out. I think they did a pretty good job with it.
>>
>>388695954
Sounds like space station 13, but not filled with shitters.
>>
File: 41KSyTet+RL.jpg (29KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
41KSyTet+RL.jpg
29KB, 500x281px
>so anon, what's the scariest game ever
>
>>
>>388702139
Fuck you faggot. You could not be more wrong. Control is what makes horror games so promising.

YOU have to walk into that dark hallway.
YOU have to sneak past the monster.
YOU have to look at that spooky corner.

Agency makes horror games the ultimate horror media.
>>
>>388699870

Attention into darkness spikes fear in humans. There's nothing in the corner, just like there's nothing in the dark behind the girl.

But the monkey in your brain can't shake that she's focused on something, and the fact you can't focus on it yourself is disquieting.

Same with the dog: He sees something, and its body language is stock still. It's analyzing its target,

In both cases, the unknown through 2 degrees.
>>
>>388702153
>they added a ton of stuff to the story to flesh it out
Eh, Personally I thought it was unnecessary fluff that really didn't enhance what made the original so good in the first place.
>I think they did a pretty good job with it.
I agree with this. So far I think they really have a handle on how to make an effectively creepy show without sacrificing quality. That's why I'm more excited for the next season with a creepypasta that more readily fits the mold of what they went with in the first one.

On the topic of creepypastas, why hasn't anyone made a Dogscape game yet? That'd be amazing.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (195KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
195KB, 1920x1080px
>>388682751
anyone else unsettled by this part? something about the whole ideal 1950's, knowing there's something sinister lurking just underneath the surface. or anything like that. the twilight zone used it a lot too.
>>
>>388702139
False as shit. As someone who's been spooked by both movies and games, games are way more effective.
Even the crappiest horror games manage to keep up the atmosphere in ways movies almost never can.
>>
>>388701682
The floor has like 16 corners
>>
>>388702452
that's probably because the twilight zone started airing in the 50s
i was put off more by how muddled everything looked, with my tv and its brightness i could barely make out anything
>>
>>388702242
I need to play this game again
I got myself cornered into a spot in the game where it bugs out and it kills me every fucking time so i have to replay all the fucking game
Not even playing the PC version
>>
File: 1500041405602.jpg (75KB, 800x759px) Image search: [Google]
1500041405602.jpg
75KB, 800x759px
>horror game
>has a small amount of weapons that developers put care into making them satisfying to use
>rarely find ammo for it

What games do this?
>>
>>388702242
What? If I remember correctly, later you are strong af. The first few levels however, nailed the atmosphere
>>
>>388700797
>t. corner
>>
>>388702623
You're completely right. I was just trying to bandwagon on the corner meme.
>>
>>388701682
Big rooms and doors are ten time spookier than corners. Imagine huge monsters coming out of those doors.
>>
File: 1434741411240.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1434741411240.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>388702614
Condemned: Criminal Origins.

Guns are rare, and all ammo you'll ever get is what's inside the gun's magazine or chamber when you get it. No reloading whatsoever.
>>
>>388682751
doppelgangers are terrifying. image seeing someone across a busy intersection, with people all around, in broad daylight. you make eye contact, and they give a cold, hollow, reptilian grin. then as a truck passes by, they're gone. and you know what they say when you see your doppelganger, you'll die shortly afterwards.
>>
>>388702139
You should kill yourself for being so stupid.
>>
File: 1497615353565.jpg (160KB, 1000x572px) Image search: [Google]
1497615353565.jpg
160KB, 1000x572px
>>388702753
Anything else? I've played Condemned already, very good game.
>>
File: ....png (10KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
....png
10KB, 1920x1080px
>>388682751
ImScared was a game that had me unsettled for some parts. It felt unsettling. Like something was wrong at all times.

The low res pixel graphics combined with fog and ambient music made for some true scares.
>>
File: ldfjsldfj.png (322KB, 649x344px) Image search: [Google]
ldfjsldfj.png
322KB, 649x344px
maybe that corner guy was onto something.
>>
>>388702753
I unintentionally made the game harder for myself by forgetting completely about the taser until way later in the game. Not even in Resident Evil had I valued ammunition that much.
>>
>>388690081
>Mfw when I right clicked him to death with a knife on my current playthrough

eat shit, you controller fuck.
>>
Rushing wind.
Rustling trees.
Encompassing darkness.
Distorted vision.
Impenetrable fog.
Unnatural noises.
Anything and everything can be a threat.
>>
>>388682751
After replaying Cry of Fear recently, I went through it's audio files, and some of the SFX in that is really unsettling, such as really deep alternating tones playing in the background of things, but you can't hear diddle fuck because ARRRGHHHHHASWRTAWTAWTAWTWA monsters all the time.
>>
>>388702993
You will notice it over the years like I did.

Floor and ceiling visible adds a 2x scariness modifier.

I have noticed hundreds of examples. Play Silent Hill. How often is the camera focused on a corner, or is in the corner itself?
>>
File: 2011-04-23_00003.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2011-04-23_00003.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>388702943
Can't honestly think of any other examples.
Even the closest choices never seem to go beyond the RE1 / REmake's level of finding ammo and supplies, meaning you have just enough to blast away most foes and bosses.

The beginning parts of the Afraid Of Monsters: Director's Cut, however, makes you really cherish and conserve ALL supplies given to you, because you will need it all. And this consists of more than just ammo, such as medical items and flashlight batteries..
>>
Echoes instill a primordial fear into the soul
Prove me wrong
>>
>>388703181
>That spoiler
That game is the reason I bought a crank operated flashlight.
>>
>>388693170
>am i fitting in yet
>>
>>388697859
Jumpscares don't scare though, they just startle.
>>
>>388684134
I'm not sure what I'd do if things being out of place actually happens to me
>>
>>388703335
>he hasn't noticed yet
>>
>>388690081
>That mind control mutant thingy that constantly makes the camera zooms towards him
I sprinted outside as fast as possible
>>
File: 1489231815278.jpg (15KB, 294x313px) Image search: [Google]
1489231815278.jpg
15KB, 294x313px
>>388703181
>flashlight batteries

This is my fetish. I pretend to do this irl with my guns and flashlights
>>
>>388699562

Corner aren't scary you tryhard, this is more scary >>388699870
>>
>>388703335
You'd probably chalk it up to you been forgetful until the closet opens and you get sucked into fun land forever.
>>
>>388700294
You're as retarded as the guy that gets aroused by tiles.
>>
File: sldjf;asljfdls.jpg (64KB, 700x459px) Image search: [Google]
sldjf;asljfdls.jpg
64KB, 700x459px
>>388703180
wanna see something really scary?
>>
File: 1492428722349.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1492428722349.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>388703946
He's giving me an idea for a short story about a man getting obsessed with corners and losing his mind. so there's at least that.
>>
>>388701728
>specific parts of the visible spectrum

Uhh so you mean that they'd be different colors? Or did you mean the electromagnetic spectrum?
>>
>>388704395
if i saw an all-purple ghost you know i'd ignore that shit
>>
>>388694794
This makes me hungry for some reason.
>>
>>388692979
Except for the standalone, in which the true horror of the game is that people actually paid money to literally the most underdeveloped, overhyped, absolutely unplayable piece of shit to have ever dropped out of the game industries ass hole
>>
>>388704226
Corners are real, man. You just need to give it independent thought.

Get to know a corner. Really take it in. You'll see. The aesthetics are spooky.
>>
>>388704602
>see a corner
>can't sleep
>>
File: asdfasdf.png (313KB, 620x577px) Image search: [Google]
asdfasdf.png
313KB, 620x577px
>>388699870
:)
>>
>can't corner the dorner
Corners on suicide watch desu.
>>
>>388704657
>in bed
>look out the corner of my e--
>OH SHIT FUCK
>>
File: 1465333384813.jpg (927KB, 1315x1670px) Image search: [Google]
1465333384813.jpg
927KB, 1315x1670px
>>388704602
So if I post a picture like this, with no corners, how do you feel?
>>
File: TO1.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
TO1.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: 1474167666463.jpg (84KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1474167666463.jpg
84KB, 500x667px
>>388704862
That game was a fucking joke
>>
>>388704829
btfo
>>
I have black squigglies on the edges of my vision and I want to fucking kill myself. Constantly I see shit moving beyond my focus and when I look at it, it disappears.
>>
File: lsjflasdjfls.png (568KB, 930x705px) Image search: [Google]
lsjflasdjfls.png
568KB, 930x705px
pleasant dreams.
>>
My battlestation is in the corner
Living on the edge man
>>
File: Tindaloss.png (900KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
Tindaloss.png
900KB, 768x576px
See a corner a hound of tindalos comes out
>>
File: 1498616203893.gif (3MB, 267x335px) Image search: [Google]
1498616203893.gif
3MB, 267x335px
>>388704924
It doesn't disappear. Its alw
>>
>>388704925
Is that The Horribly Slow Murderer With An Extremely Inefficient Weapon?
>>
File: PT first door.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PT first door.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>tfw used to regularly jerk off into corners
its why I live in a round room now desu.
>>
>>388704949
Furnished corners are not spooky.

Unfurnished plain corners are what I'm talking about.

They are a fixture of horror and you will notice it now.
>>
File: Sewer_Centipede_Concept_Artbook.jpg (289KB, 1357x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Sewer_Centipede_Concept_Artbook.jpg
289KB, 1357x1920px
the sewer centipedes in dark souls 3 always freaks me out
>>
File: notamusedfluffy.png (276KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
notamusedfluffy.png
276KB, 586x634px
>he doesn't slap around his corners to keep them in line
gotta keep that dominance up bro, one fuck up and they will surround you from all sides.
>>
>>388705021
thanks, anon. never saw this.
>>
File: Screenshot_50.jpg (152KB, 1680x938px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_50.jpg
152KB, 1680x938px
POWERDRILL MASSACRE
>>
>>388705213
Fuck yeah baby
>>
>>388705282
>battery powered drill
lol I bet hes the same kind of bitch that uses an electric lawnmower or weed whacker. 50/50 2-stroke or go home cuckboy. nothing beats the smell of pre-mix in the morning.
>>
>>388705282
Dropped this fucking game when I got to the basement.

Fuck this piece of shit game. I hate it. Fuck that Hell Basement.
>>
>>388705282
More like everything is really quiet and darkAND HERE'S A SCREAMER CRANKED UP AT ELEVEN POWERDRILL MASSACRE
>>
>>388705282
THAT FUCKING NOISE
>>
File: dontrun.jpg (175KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
dontrun.jpg
175KB, 720x405px
You know you're doing horror right when you make a really overused and now completely un-scary monster (in the movies, at least) terrify the fucking shit out of you.
>>
>>388704660
Fucking hell
>>
File: itstimetostop.jpg (31KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
itstimetostop.jpg
31KB, 512x512px
>>388706456
Reminder that video game journalists gave this game a 5-6/10.

Stop giving game journalists your attention.
>>
File: SA-X_Closeup.png (114KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
SA-X_Closeup.png
114KB, 480x320px
I'd love to see a game that's basically the SAX segments but the more I try to expand upon it the more it just turns into games that's already been done
>>
>>388706592
Fucking Rich Evans from RLM couldn't stop from shitting on how boring it was, it really highlighed how garbage his taste is.
>>
I want a horror-like game like Alien Isolation but from the perspective of the Alien. AvP was okay, but too actiony and generic.
>>
>>388703407
No modern man has gone through a childhood without finding unexpected joy in reloading his flashlight by slamming his D-size batteries in like shotgun shells.
>>
Not really horror but I've kinda always wanted to play a hunting game with you as the animal
>just going through the woods not a care in the world
>suddenly out of nowhere loud ass gunshots
>get lucky and flee
>calm down and relax then you hear a twig snap
>>
how about a game about an abandoned town, there is no jumpscares, no creepy visuals nor mosnter chases you. Your goal is to escape by getting stuff for your car for example but depending where you run you get to hear grunts or moanings, if you turn back you won't see anything to scare you but the sounds will get louder or more disturbing if you continue this path, of course if anyone dares to continue, the game resets but it could scare someone to run to another direction out of fear.
>>
>>388707205
>literally nothing happens: the game
>>
>>388707001
Rich is a pretty shitty person. When he gives his actual opinions, it's always contrarian bullshit. His taste is shit but he acts like it's fact.

Funny on BOTW though.
>>
game that rape you
>>
>>388707384
I don't mind him on most RLM stuff but Previously Recorded is just fucking unbearable. Rich and Jack just have terrible opinions range from ignorant to stubbornly contrarian, its the worst.
>>
>>388705213
There's a very good reason why those operator types always enter a room and immediately yell at each other to CHECK THOSE CORNERS.

They know. They are always ready for the fight. They are aware that the greatest enemy of the unnatural geometry is a guy with a gun and way too much equipment strapped to his vest.
>>
>>388682751
who dat sexy bitch??
>>
>>388706456
For me it was boring.
>>
File: 1503639105431.png (55KB, 771x725px) Image search: [Google]
1503639105431.png
55KB, 771x725px
>>388707106
>mfw hearing that metallic sound
I can feel the nostalgia right now.
>>
>>388707475
>Cabin in the Woods.WebM
>>
>>388682816
Nah dude the first part of the video before any horror stuff occurs explains it perfectly when combined with the website.

Basically
>Woman's husband cheats on her
>This causes her to go into depression
>Has to take pills
>Pills aren't enough goes for supplements
>Supplements make her go crazy

Basically all the horror is a metaphor for her going crazy and murdering her children.
>>
The only thing that actually gives me a sense of dread and uncomfortability is shit like the first slender game when in the beginning he's only visible far in the distance slightly obscured by objects, just motionless staring at you. It's that omnipresence and constant gaze that makes my skin crawl. You never feel safe.
>>
>>388687216
You need those pills students take when they need to study.
>>
>>388707801
This is my horror game idea. They are just watching you. Very subtle. Otherwise, everything is just like normal life.

Noticing them and approaching them triggers progression. First few times they just disappear when out of view. Then the horror starts.
>>
Not gonna lie I never watched Marble Hornets and instead watched a multi-hour long breakdown. Never even played the game, but do find the concept fairly interesting.
>>
Get me out of here
>>
>>388687216
motivation is dopamine, take stims, not antidepressants
>>
File: 1499935496161.jpg (39KB, 570x647px) Image search: [Google]
1499935496161.jpg
39KB, 570x647px
>>388707106
>>388707106
>No modern man has gone through a childhood without finding unexpected joy in reloading his flashlight by slamming his D-size batteries in like shotgun shells.

What's even better is actually loading shells into a shotgun.

>always loved the shlunking sound in the half life 2 shotgun
>it makes the same springy shlunking sound with a real one
>>
Probably the best thread on /v/ right now
Where's the guy with the wikipedia /x/ links?
>>
>>388709321
what letter of the alphabet you want senpai
>>
>>388684134
Sounds like you're describing P.T. but less weird
>>
>>388709378
A for Action Park
>>
>>388709472
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbey_of_Thelema
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abigail_Taylor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_%28unsolved_Thames_murder_case%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerial_Phenomena_Enquiry_Network
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeromancy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether_theories
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_embolism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Force_reports_on_the_Roswell_UFO_incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Fish
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleshenka
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alestair_crowley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_%22Sawney%22_Bean
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Packer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_hand_syndrome
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allagash_Abductions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_cave
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Almas_(cryptozoology)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelia_Earhart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Stonehenge
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronaut
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_astronaut_theories
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrei_Chikatilo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Carnegie_Whitfield
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anomalous_phenomenon
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Villas_Boas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aokigahara
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalypse
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apophenia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ararat_anomaly
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arecibo_reply
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armin_Meiwes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Bell
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ascended_Master
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asch_conformity_experiments
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_beast
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atuk
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aum_Shinrikyo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_Texas_UFO_Incident
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automatic_writing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axeman_of_New_Orleans
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayers_Rock
>>
>>388709321
This thread was terrible until Anon(me), shared his insight on the inherent aesthetic creepiness of corners and ceilings.

>Someone unironically pitched the driving alone at night idea.
>ARE JUMPSCARES GOOD? for 50 posts.
>>
>>388683473
>they dont need to make sound before you ear them
sounds about right
>>
File: 20170829210318_1.jpg (94KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170829210318_1.jpg
94KB, 1920x1080px
>>388693502
White Day
>>
>>388687216
you still know about your problems, but you don't give a shit about them.
>>
>>388706456
This game kinda sucks, anon.
>>
File: 1492622271075.jpg (36KB, 405x266px) Image search: [Google]
1492622271075.jpg
36KB, 405x266px
>>388687946
shieeeeet
>>
File: 2342341231.jpg (8KB, 186x215px) Image search: [Google]
2342341231.jpg
8KB, 186x215px
>>388687946
ah damn, the fucking last guy with the reindeer mask ruined it
>>
>>388690208
Underhell is awesome at being scary. Actually made me scream like a bitch and ALT-F4'd in panic.
>>
>>388682751

The piano in mario 64 was scary just make a game with more mario 64 pianos
>>
>>388688334
I hate seeing this guy posted because he looks just like me
>>
File: 1503171047384.jpg (74KB, 691x450px) Image search: [Google]
1503171047384.jpg
74KB, 691x450px
>>388693502
>Timed conversation decisions
>Designed to simulate nervousness and anxiety
>The more nervous you get the less time you get to choose
>Even to the point that the controls can be reversed, dialogue filled with spelling errors etc.
Someone should make this, it has alot of potential
>>
>>388709986
So is the remake better or should i settle with the original?
>>
>>388684058
The monster looks like that guy who loves silent hill more rhan everyone else
>>
File: H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg (24KB, 285x352px) Image search: [Google]
H._P._Lovecraft,_June_1934.jpg
24KB, 285x352px
>>388704226
one of lovecrafts short stories deals with it I think.
Something about supernatural geometrics so if you look at a corner right, you travel to the dimension of the ancients.
>>
>>388684134
Wow, what a twist. Get cancer fag
>>
>>388699870

I get nothing from this though. The doc with the door I at least found a bit creepy but this got no reaction from me.
>>
>>388710654
Hounds of Tindalos, in which a man is pursued by some multidimensional entities that can enter our world through any corner of any room.
Also they look like skinless melting dogs.
>>
>>388711039
why are corners so damn evil, baka desu fampai
>>
>>388704226

>Junji Ito
>The Corner
>>
File: jxQhk3Gh.jpg (59KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
jxQhk3Gh.jpg
59KB, 768x1024px
>should be really weird, ugly, grotesque, creepy or unnerving. Simply by looking at them it should make you feel uncomfortable
Eh. Watch The Void or play Doom if you're into that. I like my horror to be a little more nuanced. Something that makes you uncomfortable in a way where you don't feel immediate danger, but the sense that danger is about
>>
File: creepy-europe-haunted-castle.jpg (148KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
creepy-europe-haunted-castle.jpg
148KB, 900x600px
One element I like in horror games is when you're forced to encounter the scary thing, but the engagement is entirely under your power. You see that scary hole? You have to go down it yourself. There's a terrifying monster behind that door, you know it's there, you can even escape back through the door. But you still have to go through and get around the creature. If anything it's a microcosm of scary games themselves: it's a scary thing but you're the one enacting it.

My dream scary game setting is a medieval village where you play as some weak and maltreated peasant. The town is fully explorable, full of other villagers going about their daily lives. The village is surrounded by impenetrable woodland that's hazardous should you go there.

The bulk of the game would take place in the local lord's castle. The town doesn't know where the lord and his men have gone, so they send you. You have to go into the castle yourself, explore all its rooms, uncovers secret passages into the deep earth and the like, encounter more and more gross and mishappen nightmares.

And all the time you can still backtrack out to the peaceful village, maybe even tell a few people what you've found. But you still have no choice but to go back in again to get things done.
>>
I don't think that monster has to be really weird, grotesque, creepy or whatever you want to use to describe him visually. Alien is well known for decades now and even though most of the Alien Isolation is going on in well lit areas and when you see the alien it's still delivering on its promise.

It all depends on how you deliver the presentation and what the punishment for encountering something is. Lack of combat and resources, and abundance of checkpoints can severely diminish the impact. Imagine fighting a dino who is preying on you from the shadows and there is no music, he is just slowly moving towards you until you make a fast move. He can easily kill you and your aim is affected so you have a hard time to hit him and deliver a fatal wound, but even then it takes some time before he actually dies and is still dangerous. Now imagine a pack of dinos running around the playing field randomly. They are 3-4, you have 2 bullets. That shotgun is not going to save you and all you have is a small medipack. You can hide and slowly and silently move around them but they are sniffing around and it's been a while since you saved your game. What will you do?

It's always the stakes you are facing, not the visuals.
>>
>>388684984
Play Darkwood if you haven't, it's exactly what you described
>>
>>388711402
The Void had a lot of potential but it kind of shat the bed. Still, fantastic visuals.
>>
>>388710448
Im sorry
>>
>>388688159
I always turn on noclip and play it like a glorified VN. I seriously love it, it's probably the most ambitious story/art project in video games.
>>
>>388687228
Wouldn't it be weirder if school shooters didn't have documented mental illness?
>>
>>388710624
Get the remake, more content.
>>
>>388695098
Jumpscares aren't scary, they're just startling. Any loud noise that you don't expect produces exactly the same response as even the most "properly placed" or "finely crafted" jumpscare. There's no such thing as a "good" jumpscare. If the exact same effect can be replicated by a little kid sneaking up behind you and shouting into your ear, that speaks to the amount of thought and effort that it requires.

If you've created something that's not scary on its own, you add jumpscares to trick retards into thinking that it is. Mainstream horror movies do exactly the same shit and it works every time.
>>
the one where's there's that girl with a hat that takes you in a corner and flashes you
>>
>>388684238
Try One Late Night
>>
>>388711489
I like it, and I agree. The fact that you're forced to do stuff even when you're frightened is something I like about horror games. I know people say that taking control away from the player can be unsettling, and I do agree that it can be done well, but I think horror is at its most effective when you feel like you're genuinely immersed, and to do that you need to have some level of control over your character.
>>
>>388682751
What's the deal with this video being posted so much lately? I've seen it posted on like 9 different boards, but only over the last two days even though it's years old.
>>
Jump scares can work if they're not loud
>>
>>388698398
What is it?
>>
Jumpscares can add to the experience a little bit if they're used sparingly, because they force you to anticipate an unpleasant stimulus without getting too used to it.
>>
File: candle cove.gif (1MB, 268x153px) Image search: [Google]
candle cove.gif
1MB, 268x153px
>>388712409
Its the /tv/ thing where a few people try to force something that they just found out about, and it spreads to other people who want to force it.

>>388712430
Jump scares can work, period. They just need to be done well.
>>
>>388711489
Would play.
>>
>>388711238
Corners are spooky because they are the most antinatural part in a structure; they are what creates a closed space and they are the end of their walls.
>>
>>388710654
>>388711039
Was that Lovecraft or one of this protege?
>>
pathologic & the void freak me out like no other game

no jumpscares, not even really horror games but I can't play em longer for 1-2 hours before my pulse goes rapid and I need to calm down
>>
>>388700427
why did this make me laugh so hard
>>
>>388713230
Lovecraft mentions the hounds somewhere but AFAIK someone else later did a proper story with them.

Man I really can't recall which story I'm thinking of with the corners being a gateway for the protagonist to travel through. I read through a collection of Lovecratfts stories some time ago and it all blends together in my memory.
>>
>>388705192
I just wanted to fuck one
>>
>>388700375
I feel you, red lights are evil
>>
>>388682751
The well dungeon in OoT scared the shit out of me.
Something about setting, music, lore, and the fucking shriek you know what made
>>
>>388702982
IMSCARED was top tier, anon. Fine taste.
>>
>>388698398
It's the fact that at first glance and from the way the door is shadowed, there could be a doorway either in the back wall or the right wall.

The back wall is clearly meant to be 'the' doorway, but the side of the door facing the right wall is reflecting way more darkness than makes sense for a solid wall.
>>
Maybe it's not the right thread to ask, but can you guys recommend any nice japanese horror movie? Playing the latest Fatal Frame made me curious about ghost stories surrounding shrines, curses and suicide, typical japanese stuff

I've seen Noroi but that's about it, can't think of similar titles
>>
>>388718749
>reflecting darkness
u wot m8
>>
>>388719201
Siren games
>>
>>388719282
Oh i know them, and i plan to play them sooner or later (don't have my PS2 with me right now) but i was thinking of movies, guess i want a more immediate satisfaction
>>
>>388719352
Could always go for a classic like Ringu
>>
>>388719201
I quite liked Audition, though people tend to be turned off by the ending sequence

very solid j-horror though
>>
>>388719628
Audition feels like a good movie, but the ending is so fucking bad it ruins the whole experience for you.
>>
>>388682751
Jacob's ladder which inspired Silent Hill 2
The uunknown is scarier than things you can understand
>>
Layers of Fear is what you're looking for.
>>
>>388699562
>Fight or flight
I could see how corners and being cornered could be scary
>>
I give the first Five Nights at Freddy's a pass because if you ignore all the lets players getting their hands on it, it actually did work well as a horror game.
People said it was all jump scares but the thing is, those jump scares are earned because when they happen, they happened because YOU fucked up. The rest of the time is going through these cameras and watching and listening to anything in the silent dark atmosphere and trying your best to survive and NOT trigger those jumpscares.

The sequels though kinda pissed on that.
>>
>>388682751
Horror vidya should play to its strengths of the media; make as immersive of gameplay and atmosphere so that you feel like you're really in there, and from there anything can be spooky.
Or just have a really oppressive atmosphere, ala Silent Hill
>>
>>388720241
>hallway jumpscare simulator
What a shit game
>>
>>388687228
Well obviously, thats a positive - it shows that the most troubled people have at one stage come in contact with psychiatric help in some way. Sure it might not have been enough or even then not all medicine works for everyone but it's a positive sign.

If you take from that that anti-depressants make you a shooter then you're a total moron.
>>
>>388682751
Make something safe and comforting to the player in-game. And then break it. Make that safe and comforting thing extremely unsafe and unsecure. The player will not trust you the rest of the game
>>
>>388684134
Underhell
>>
>>388704660
The chair!!!!! Thought it was mild heh :DDD
>>
>>388707567
>>388710095
>A:I
>bad
>>
>>388695954
Will just end up with players bunny hopping around with wrenches heading straight to the usual nest area nodes at the start, trapping the alien in doors repeatedly closing and opening or just all never redocking with the main station.

Players would obviously never go to the distress signal or near eggs and all being wise to the alien would render it easy, canon wise they aren't invincible like in isolation.
>>
>>388697220
Sounds atrociously bad. You've come up with a vague collection of things that unnerve you without any thought to it being a game with mechanics, player interaction or even progression or purpose.

There doesn't seem to be a point in listening to the radio as you could just get round the obstructions on your own and too many would just be a pain. The counter person would have to awkwardly lock you in to conversation because otherwise you'd fill up gas and drive on unless you're planning on adding a wanted system.

Players would go investigate the crying and then you'd have to have a jumpscare, an enemy or just a blocked door, in which case the player is no longer scared and bunny hops around.

Seeing a figure in the periphery of your vision can't be done well on a screen and the player would immediately swivel to it and the build up would never happen. The player can otherwise just look off centre on the monitor to see what is there.

Your closest suggestion to a mechanic is knowing how much gas you have in and avoiding obstacles, but what happens if you run out or crash, a monster gets you?
>>
>>388699562
Shitpost. Corners in some media are scary because by looking into one you have a room to your back, you are unprotected and anything can sneak up. In the painting there was a door there and we were far enough back to suggest it was the far side of the room, so the corner was not scary at all. You need to get checked for schizophrenia.
>>
>>388687918
not videogames but Franken Fran
>>
>>388697220
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdyknT4uchM
>>
>uncanny valley
>weird anatomy
>legs/limbs twisting in directions they wouldn't normally by a slight margin
>"something's just off about her face, don't you think"
>something is perpetually going after you, you can't rest, something doesn't have to abide to laws of physics
>>
>>388725014
Oh fuck, I forgot
>corners
>>
Question.
If the PT ghost lady had instead of strangled you, whipped out an SMG and unloaded 50 rounds into you would that diminish the horror?
>>
>>388694519
>>388694632
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsRNb7KepDA

Please, don't take risks when it comes to Lynks disease.
>>
Horror is clearly subjective but personally i find eeriness the best. So:
> Figures watching from afar who don't look entirely normal
> Being trapped as things no longer make sense and take on a nightmarish logic
> Senses of a greater, eternal horror and structures/ landscapes
> Enemies take a sort of perverse pleasure, a sort of junji ito orgiastic element to great horror
>>
>>388687946
>>388687946
Consuming Shadows Gameplay.webm
>>
>>388709321
/x/ has a huge sticky of everythign spooky
That is the only good thing left of the board that once was, it saddens me deeply
>>
>>388710613
Consuming Shadows?
Thread posts: 495
Thread images: 94

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.