[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think about Mark Brown's Boss Keys?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
What do you think about Mark Brown's Boss Keys?
>>
Sometimes he make a good points, sometimes he doesn't. Pretty good entry level videos for learning game designs.

Also his contest was neat.
>>
>>388682506
Fucking based. Only person on Youtube besides Matt Matosis that I give a shit about, and the latter got lazy.
>>
It was a dumb idea honestly.
Zelda games are not complex and the dungeons always have a whatever feeling to them when it comes to their design like the devs themselves barely cared
>>
is there any other youtuber that has done in depth analysis of zelda dungeons? i'm surprised he's the only one.
>>
File: 084.png (298KB, 600x512px)
084.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>388683106
What the fuck is that supposed to mean?
>>
Complete idiot who can only understand the most superficial surface level aspects of game design and regurgitates gamasutra articles
>>
>>388683106
what games have you played that have complex dungeons?
>>
>>388684208
Dungeon crawlers.
Zelda is about the adventure and feeling like a hero, the game overall is really simple, which isnt a bad thing but not worth it of an analysis series imo
>>
>>388682506
It's fun to watch, and they improve with each video. He said after he's done with Zelda that he'll do something similar for another series, I really want to see that.
>>
>>388684323
i asked for games not genres.
>>
>>388683701
why don't you enlighten us with your knowledge of game design then, fag?
>>
>>388684404
Nah youd just call them bad I dont recommend games anymore its just a way to derail the conversation, this is a zelda thread
>>
>>388684208
dungeon crawlers are very simplistic in their design because they're basically labyrinths. you can't interact with the space at all in the same way like say the stone tower temple in majora's mask. it's not even remotely comparable
>>
>>388684802
Meant to quote>>388684323
>>
>>388684542
The reason you aren't naming any is because you can't think of any, zelda dungeons are great
>>
>>388682506
I think you Youtube people need to get more subtle about your shilling.

>In b4 ONEY PLAYS
>>
>>388682506
There are better games worth having an analysis for than zelda. I don't find anything complex in zelda games besides puzzles that make you over think to solve them.
>>
>>388685157
what's so remarkable about baldur's gate?
>>
I love it when /v/ says certain people don't know anything about game design but they always fail miserably to prove that they're any better.
>>
>>388684542
I don't play dungeon crawlers so how would i know if they were good or not? thanks for proving you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
I like it, but each video only makes me realize that zelda has shit dungeons
>>
>>388685504
It's not even Baldur's Gate. It's a Baldur's Gate spin-off.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.