[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually turn into screeching autistic monkeys just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 11

File: maxresdefault.jpg (223KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
223KB, 1920x1080px
Do people actually turn into screeching autistic monkeys just because a guy made a youtube video about a shit video game?
>>
Yeah Undertale is shit, but it has many autistic fans.
>>
>>388679665
Well I guess I should restructure the question. Does /v/ do that shit and what is their opinion on Matt? I'm just kind of curious why anyone would get so annoyed to the point of harassing someone over a somewhat harmless video
>>
>>388679810
>does /v/ turn into screeching autist monkeys just because a guy made a youtube video about a shit video game?
>never seen an "it's up" thread
And no, /v/ hates matpat and his entire group of shilltubers
johnny is stil /ourguy/ though
>>
>>388679810
>Harmless video

That might be a valid argument if it had 10,000 views

But doesn't this shit have 3-5 million views?
>>
>>388680893
Tell me what kind of influence the video can have? It's just a silly video..... on the internet. Who cares this much?
>>
>>388681328
A whole generation of minds is going to be warped by the sickheaded opinion of this faggot
>>
File: book.jpg (11KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
book.jpg
11KB, 400x225px
But that's just a theory...
>>
>>388679253
>>388680420
>>
I've never played undertale but you're just asking for trouble by talking about it in a positive light on here
>>
>>388681506
Are you literally retarded? Sorry for being rude but I just had to ask. Let me guess... You think video games cause anger issues and children and words can be violence. Gtfo of here with your autistic shit.
>>
>>388681506
This. He's going to be remembered in 10-20 years how actual talented people are remembered today. Fucking sickening.
>>
>>388681625
Having fun letting your child watch Steven universe and taking in the wonders of (((cultural enrichment))) and (((modernism))), cuck?
>>
>>388681625
*violent*
>>
>>388681625
I don't think video games cause violence, but I think some dude spouting his opinion on YouTube will influence the weak willed (and when do you think you're at your weakest?)
>>
am i weird if i want to cuck gaijin goomba
>>
Couldn't you argue that the video itself is someone being a screeching autistic monkey? And you complaining about people's complaints in this thread is you being a screeching autistic monkey?

Please consider this
>>
>>388679253
Gaem Theory would be so much better if he stuck to the math and numbers instead of the stupid conspiracies and "lore"
>>
>>388681736
Do I like Steven universe myself? Absolutely not but do I think it's contributing to the end of the world? No, I do not. Also these two topics aren't related since they are vastly different forms of media. Neither are violent but comparing one to another does not make for a solid argument anyway. If you hate Matt then that is just fine but getting so butt blasted over something that is advertised as just a "theory" is some next level shit.
>>
>>388681625
>>>/out/
>>
>>388681851
>math and numbers
Those are always the worst videos.

>let me make a billion assumptions and then start doing math with these wrong assumptions to draw the stupidest conclusion possible
>>
>>388679253
Yes.

They are so desperate to sound like they know what they are talking about (especially when it comes to video games, don't know the reason for that) that they will grab any available opinion, and vehemently defend it as their own, just to sound educated on the matter, and lend credibility to themselves, which in turn boosts not only their self-image but also their e-image.
>>
>>388681830
when i see image it makes me wonder what japan thinks of the US
>>
>>388679253
Yeah, people are stupid and have no taste.
>>
>>388681971
Spotted the brainlet. How those FNaf videos going?
>>
>>388682005
i dont know for japan but i only feel shame
>>
>>388682070
I don't even know what that means.
>>
>>388681802
>>388681831
I'm not arguing for his content, I am just wondering if there is something inherently bad taking place that would cause this reaction in people. I see it as something different compared to everyone else it would seem. I do not think a youtube video, despite its quality and its message, is capable of inflicting any kind of harm on any audience, especially if its about something as stupid and meaningless as a video game theory. It's not like the guy is a neo nazi spewing messages about making america white again or some shit.
>>
>>388682192
You haven't been on 4chan recently have you?
>>
File: 1496610417942.jpg (97KB, 520x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496610417942.jpg
97KB, 520x600px
>>388679253
MatPat's shit channel is no longer about theories more than "Talking about X trending topic with the excuse of a theory which actually makes no sense"
>>
>>388682321
I don't even know what that is.
>>
>>388679253
Making fun of matpat is fun and he deserves to be taken down a knotch or two.
But stop talking about e-celebs on /v/
>>
>>388682362
>MatPat's shit channel is no longer about theories more than "Talking about X trending topic with the excuse of a theory which actually makes no sense"

Well ok. You are free to make that point but I still don't see anything inherently bad. Shills and sellouts will not be the fall of this world, especially since everyone (yes that includes me and you) Is a shill or a sellout, or we would be at least if we had any accomplishments we could offer to the masses.

>>388682529
Fuck off, cunt. I'll talk about whatever I damn well please
>>
>>388682005
They think we're large hairy people that are super friendly and laugh a lot
>>
>>388682237
>I do not think a youtube video, despite its quality and its message, is capable of inflicting any kind of harm on any audience
Do you know how many children live a "neet" lifestyle these days and do nothing but go on youtube and social media on their smart devices?
It may seem like common knowledge to anyone on /v/ what a well made video with high quality is, but these kids easily fall for clickbait and parrot opinions all the time.
>>
To be honest, I like his meta videos where talks about meta shit like fake news and about how rape jokes are funny
>>
File: jjba-asb-west-s3.jpg (254KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jjba-asb-west-s3.jpg
254KB, 1280x720px
>>388681971
ignore that other fag you're totally right
doing that kind of thing is retarded, its basically this-

>HHHEEEEEEEY LOOK AT THIS PICTURE. SOMETHING OFF???
>bet you didn't realize but JOTARO is LITERALLY the strongest anime character of all time
>LOOK AT THE MOON
>comparing this frame to a picture of our moon it 200x the size!!! not only that its RED in color MEANING its made of densely packed iron rather then moonstone!!
>ACCORDING TO MY CALCULATIONS the gravitational force this exerts on Jotaro is SIX GORGILLION NEWTONS
>WOZAARSSS!!!

it doesn't get more autistic then this
>>
>>388679253
>>388679810
No, it's because some of us were autistic enough to genuinely enjoy Game Theory before MatPat started shitting out clickbait videos in two and three parters based on half-baked theorizing that clearly shows he's not really into the show anymore. On its own, it'd be one thing, but then MatPat has to sperg the fuck out for not being told he's "stunning and brave" when he does the above or any sort of stupid publicity stunt.
>harassment
Uh oh. I'm harassing people.
>>388680863
patrician taste
>>
>>388681830
I LIKE
>>
>That stream where he shitted on "haters"
Jesus fuck just when I thought this guy couldn't get any worst.
>>
File: 1450534998316.gif (294KB, 370x540px) Image search: [Google]
1450534998316.gif
294KB, 370x540px
>>388679253
I enjoy that theory
>>
File: GAJIN.jpg (6KB, 243x208px) Image search: [Google]
GAJIN.jpg
6KB, 243x208px
>>388681830
>HEY GUY,GAJIN GOOMBA HERE
>>
>>388684403
OP here. I didn't really care for it but do I think he deserved to be shit on by a community because of it? Na, not really.
>>
>>388684602
>I don't think he deserved to be shit on by a community because of it
>I don't think you should be criticized by your audience for saying or doing something stupid
ftfy
>>
>>388685029
There is a difference between criticism and being able to construct arguments for/against certain content creators and their media vs having threads and blogs dedicated to hating you for whatever reason. Didn't this go as far as death threats too? I will never argue against criticism because it is a healthy part of the process that is necessary. I'm saying that what happened with this one video in particular kind of went past the line of criticism.
>>
>>388685551
Did you get all that from MatPat whining in an Undertale video and bitching in a livestream, or did you see all of this with your own two eyes? The negative reception to MatPat's theory videos are in the overwhelming minority, and the majority of that negative reception is genuine criticism, either gentle or harsh, but criticism nonetheless and often for the very same reasons. Mindless haters/contrarian fags and hatebloggers are an insignificant minority within the overwhelming minority.
>Having threads and blogs dedicated toward hating you for whatever reason. Didn't this go as far as death threats too?
If you have an online presence with a large platform, you are going to attract people that do not like your content. You are going to get people that hate you to be edgy. You are going to get people that hate you for superficial reasons. You are going to get people that may not necessarily hate you, but dislike your work or behavior. Often, the less logic or reason for hatred, the more likely you are to get a hyperbolic response out of some faggot on the internet. That has been the case for almost 20 years now, and it is rarely -- if ever -- something to be taken seriously. I can ABSOLUTELY believe MatPat got nonsensical hateblogs and death threats, but for him to act like this was anything short of rare and to misrepresent his critics as being the five or ten assholes that actually did this is just fucking disingenuous and disgraceful.
>>
>>388679253
I just want to shove a giant dildo up MatPats ass and start cucking his "wife" in front of him. Is that normal behavior?
>>
File: 1357156108684.png (2KB, 184x156px) Image search: [Google]
1357156108684.png
2KB, 184x156px
I liked Undertale.
>>
>>388679253

This: >>388681506

Hes not in the slightest bit wrong. There are actually people, mostly kids mind, who take the videos as gospel. I know this cause I have a cousin whos dumb enough to buy the crap matpat shits out.
>>
So what's this theory everyone's so flustered about?
>>
>>388686493
So who is the real problem then? The haters or the creators? I know there are plenty of youtubers out there that I don't like but I have never invested any emotion into them. My absolute worst is probably nothing more than leaving behind a troll comment, but that's about it. There are plenty out there that are unironically triggered to hell and back because a person tried to make content about things he enjoyed. Also thank you for your reply. It feels like it is the first genuine one I received and it made me think a little bit.
>>
I never understood the hatred of this video. It was like those "mario is a monster" theories, Matt does it for fun rather than a serious theory.
>>
>>388686892
It's a gag theory basically connecting Undertale to the creator's fangame of Motherboard

apparently Undertale's creator got bitchy about it (which I guess it isn't bad, so as no one would basically say he is ripping off Earthbound
>>
File: 1495332637839.jpg (131KB, 493x800px)
1495332637839.jpg
131KB, 493x800px
>>388687137
>Motherboard
>>
File: 1503949365314.jpg (57KB, 608x792px) Image search: [Google]
1503949365314.jpg
57KB, 608x792px
Friendly reminder that he gave Undertale to the Pope.
>>
>>388687137

I don't even think Toby Fox got upset about it, he just basically said "Cool theory but it's not correct at all" which really upset Matpat and his fanbase.
>>
>>388687353
at least the pope had something to spit his gum out into
>>
>>388687403
>"Cool theory but it's not correct at all" which really upset Matpat and his fanbase
actually it was Undertale's fanbase that attacked after Toby said those words
>>
File: ackchyually.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
ackchyually.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>388687497
>>
>>388687578
why are you posting an image of an average /v/ poster?
>>
>>388686938
In this case, the creators. MatPat makes videos as a career, not a hobby. He gets paid to make videos, and because of this, he has to maintain a schedule and generate attention to keep things steady. Because of this, he regularly puts out videos that are often based on a half-baked theory that follow a current algorithmic trend which he clickbaits to hell, and sometimes splits into several parts. He does this to a viewer base that numbered in the millions even just for when this was a hobby to him. The genre of his theory shows is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek, but it is also supposed to be critical, and because of that, most of his haters are former fans who were scorned by this transition. The second his focus shifted and he started half-assing his work, passionate fans were doomed to start criticizing him, and the frothing-at-the-mouth hatred seems to stem from him whipping these critics into a frenzy for the very reasons mentioned earlier about him both dismissing the criticism and lumping them in with trolls and edgy haters, while also having the absolute balls to cry on camera about getting called out and own up to fucking up with the Sans is Ness video months later, only to still do the same shit now and never address the core issue of why he was in the wrong and why he got all this backlash to begin with. If he is genuinely upset by criticism, he should listen to his critics, try to engage with them, and if need be -- modify his content a bit to lessen the chance of being criticized. If he can't handle criticism, which he can't, he shouldn't have become a content creator and he definitely shouldn't have made it into a career.
>because a person tried to make content about things he enjoyed
Except that wasn't his motivation, and if it was, he'd have learned his lesson and it would show through his uploads.
>It feels like it is the first genuine [reply]
No problem. It was a genuine question, and the thread hasn't had the best replies so far.
>>
Matpat has been called out before on making blatantly false theory videos by another creator as well if I recall, but all he said essentially was ' Lol don't care. '
>>
>>388688275
>In this case, the creators. MatPat makes videos as a career, not a hobby. He gets paid to make videos, and because of this, he has to maintain a schedule and generate attention to keep things steady. Because of this, he regularly puts out videos that are often based on a half-baked theory that follow a current algorithmic trend which he clickbaits to hell, and sometimes splits into several parts

I don't honestly care what he puts out. It could be complete shit and it wouldn't make a difference to me

>If he can't handle criticism, which he can't, he shouldn't have become a content creator and he definitely shouldn't have made it into a career.

No. My point I was expressing earlier is that some of this seemed to go beyond what is normally viewed as healthy criticism.
>>
most of his theories are Hit and misses with me at least. I prefer the videos that other dude, Gajin Goomba does. (which ninja has been pretty fun). Didn't even care about his undertake related drama like this or that thing with the pope (idk, if we gave Pope Francis Pokemon red or Super Mario, would that have been so bad?).

His one video that kinda annoyed me was the For Honor one. Thanks to that one vid, I watched 3 other content creators destroy Mat pats incorrect statements about the different factions.
>>
>>388687353
That's not the worst part though. What's actually pathetic is that instead of giving him something physical like a USB drive, he gave him a fucking piece of paper with an activation key iirc.
>>
>>388679810
i think he's an insufferable faggot with an annoying voice who acts like he's smarter than he actually is
his videos are full of padding that have nothing to do with what the video is supposed to be about so he can hit that sweet 15 minute mark, he's unfunny, and he makes terrible leaps of logic on a regular basis that make no sense and make it seem like he hasn't really played the thing he's making a video about
i could tolerate all that by simply not watching his shitty videos but he has a massive fanbase of dumb kids who haven't played a lot of games he makes videos about so they just take the video at face value and then go around the internet trying to spread it like gospel

also, the "theories" he's done that make the most sense are stolen from other places that put together the information ages ago
>>
>>388689087
>It could be complete shit and it wouldn't make a difference to me
And that's perfectly fine. You do you.
>some of this seemed to go beyond what is normally viewed as healthy criticism
But that's just it. Everyone gets a small crowd of haters that say and do retarded and hyperbolic shit, but the only time MatPat has ever addressed it is when he was getting genuine criticism from his own fans. MatPat has a large diehard audience of loyal fans that shower him with love and support regularly, and a natural consequence of having a large platform and being well liked is getting an insignificantly small number of haters and trolls, and it has always been up to the creator to endure in such a case. Every time MatPat talks about getting hate and being deeply affected by it, it's always around the time he gets genuinely criticized by <5% of his viewer base, and each time he has misrepresented them as the hater and troll crowd. Honestly, I'd go as far as to say he shouldn't have been a content creator if he can't handle a minority of trolls when he has scores of adoring fans, but it's clear that he can handle them, because he only ever freaks out when he gets criticism, and each time, he's painted them with the psychotic hater/troll/edgelord brush.
>>
>>388689664
I don't think its a matter of him not playing the games persay, I think its more him forcing his theories. A lot of it tends to come off as "Wouldn't it be cool if.. " kinda stuff, but rather presented as if it were a valid theory instead.
>>
>>388689341
>the For Honor video
i haven't even seen the matpat video in question but i follow one of those "content creators" and i laughed my ass off at those debunking videos
fucking matpat
>>
>>388689946
yeah, maybe
to be honest i think some of his really early stuff isn't that bad but there's a definite turning point where he realized what kids like in youtube videos and started playing that up to the nth degree
i'm sure he's a decent person in real life but i hate his "persona"
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.